West Croydon
32%
Woodville South
14%

Total votes : 91

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 16, 2016 2:28 pm

Zartan wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:A bit steep if you don't want opposition bringing their own in, selling it at an opposition ground though is just plain rude.

No way, $5 is about right I reckon.

Probably never stop opposition bringing their own in though, always a few that do, but you hope to minimise that and encourage your people to spend over the bar.

Yeah, $5 is about par IMO. I used to take a few in but I'd always buy a few after half time of the A's and then go in the opposition club for a few after the match, that was if I played B's or umpired.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Yank Man » Mon May 16, 2016 9:08 pm

Zartan wrote:D6 Ladder after Round 7:
14 - West Croydon
12 - Woodville South
12 - Ingle Farm
10 - Brahma Lodge
06 - Houghton Districts
---------------------------------
04 - Trinity OS
04 - Mawson Lakes
04 - Adelaide Lutheran
02 - Mitchell Park
02 - Fitzroy

Round 8:
Woodville South v Brahma Lodge: Match of the round for me, Brahma Lodge smarting from their defeat at the hands of Ingle Farm venture out to an equally big oval at Ledger Reserve. A real 'Jekyll & Hyde' performance Saturday from the Lodge - for as poor as they were in the first half, they were equally as brilliant in the 2nd half. Closing the gap to just 7pts early in the last quarter, mostly off the back of Grgurovic, Brooks and Cosenza, the Tigers were unfortunately unable to capitalise on momentum and stop the Ingle Farm forwards responding (recorded zero R50). Smashed in contested possession's in the last, looked wonderful moving the ball forward, and Huitema was brilliant all day, but just failed to respond defensively. Larger ground perhaps tested them a bit more. Life doesn't get any easier though, and they need to turn it around quickly as they run into the Cats train running express towards a Grand Final. 40 point winners away from home against Mitchell Park, the Cats from Woody South recorded 27 scoring shots to 12 - a flogging in anyone's book. Dankiewicz showed he cant be kepy quiet two weeks in a row, responding to that form he showed during the early rounds to continue catching the attention of the umpires, while Burns is proving consistent with another strong supporting performance. Clark and McNeil add to a rather dangerous forward line. The quiet achievers this year so far, Woody South aren't putting a foot wrong, but they'll be tested this weekend. With two potent forward lines, who ever can win the defensive battle will win this game. Brahma need to respond and I think they will. 1-12 points.

Adelaide Lutheran v Mitchell Park: Luthies will be keen to be back in the parklands this week after missing an opportunity to secure an away win at the hands of TOS Saturday. Koenig and Borgas continue to battle hard for the 'Dogs while Denny Murphy appears to be a rare shining light up forward. Struggling for consistency, they need more from some of their younger brigade. Youlten, Exton, Elms need to lift. a win keeps Lutheran in the finals hunt, and clear of the relegation zone. Mitchell Park on the other hand, would be heading into this game quietly confident despite occupying 9th position on the ladder. The Lions have proven extremely competitive over the course of the season, but have lacked the class to finish games off, and potentially let a few wins slip. A strong line up on paper featuring Hyde, Weekley, Farrell, Balsack and McDonnell up forward, it wont be long until this side clicks and starts to pick up some wins. A vital game for both sides, particularly Mitchell Park, they'll be desperate to get themselves out of the relegation zone. I think they may claim a scalp this week, and it'll be the Lions by 24 points - McDonnell to kick 6.

Houghton Districts v Ingle Farm: Houghton roared back into finals contention Saturday with a hard fought narrow 2 point win against Mawson Lakes. Responding from a 6 goal to 3 first quarter, the Raiders led by Bray, Vandermoer and Hall worked their way back into the contest and held out long enough to secure the victory. Great to see Ballatori amongst the best in the A grade, a great servant for Houghton for a long time. Keetch named in the side I see, no doubt would've provided pivotal leadership. This week home again, they host Ingle Farm, fresh off a strong win against Brahma Lodge. Captain Dan Bryant led the way with a scintillating 5 goal haul, and the 'Dogs weren't reliant on Lynch so much this week to kick their goals. De Nieuwe's 4 goal haul came in quick time as well. Ingle Farm dominated the contested possession, and will need to do so again this week on the smaller Houghton Oval if they're to continue this winning form. Raiders are a much better side at home, they love the dung hill, it'll be interesting to see how Ingle Farm adapt, but I think the gap between the top sides and the rest is beginning to open up a bit more, and Ingle Farm should be too strong in a low scoring contest.

Mawson Lakes v Fitzroy: Mawson Lakes must be asking themselves what they did to deserve the bad luck? Selling cans out of eskys perhaps? Footy gods have punished them for their selfish ways? Once again another week, another slipped opportunity in a close match. Kennett's 5 goal haul not enough for his side. Brayden Bennett a couple of goals and amongst the best, a handy acquisition at CHF for the Lakes but they need more out of more players and cant afford to rely on the same names each week. Haydon promoted from the B grade failed to impact on the game. Fitzroy haven't had a good year at all and aren't shying away from that fact, but on the weekend they came within a quarter of causing arguably the upset of the season, as they trained West Croydon by just 16 points at 3/4 time. Missing Cotter up forward hurt the Lions, but allowed some of the younger budding players to step up, with Skeer and Page leading the way. Nelson and Smith need to lift this week to give the 'Roys a chance, and I think they'd be heading into this clash buoyed by their efforts and full of confidence against a Lakes side that would be a bit deflated and mentally weakened. Toss the coin for this clash, but if Cotter returns I back the 'Roys.

West Croydon v Trinity OS: Well the unbeatable Hawks got their biggest fright Saturday, leaving it until the last quarter to flex their muscles and put away Fitzroy. O'Toole continues to kick goals at ease this season, while Nichols and Symons are ripping sides apart. The loss of Sumner is a massive blow to the Hawks, but their depth is far too great and should be able to cover with ease. Too many quick runners, and efficient by foot they'll be dangerous at home this week against a Trinity side that managed to grind out a tough win against Lutheran Saturday. Lamont led the way with 4 goals, and was well supported by Perry with 3. Two dangerous players who don't need many kicks to impact and hurt opposition sides - rarely miss. Cameron and Pounendis continue to be consistent for the Lions and Cotter is slowly easing into the season. They'll be looking to build momentum from their win this weekend, and what better way to bounce back than to knock off the flag favourite's on their home turf! Unfortunately cant see it happening, they'll be up against it to control the spread and run of West Croydon and nullify that potent forward line. Will be closer than most expect though I think.

Love reading your reviews Zartan, you put work in to it which is good. 4 from 5 to win away, I think not.

Woody Sth are the best team we have played thus far, structured, hard at it, skilful and building. One day they will kick straight and it's all over. I reckon they will beat Brahma at home by their average, 10 points.
Luthies will defeat the happless MP by 15/20. Been a tough 3 weeks for the Lions with IF away, Brahma away and then Woody Sth. Gunna take more than 7 days to get the heads right.
Farmers way too strong for Houghton, the Raiders are hanging in there but the cream rises to the top.
The Lakers are a good side and will beat Fitzroy at home and keep their finals aspirations alive.
The mighty West Croydon Hawks at home by plenty.

As I have said many weeks ago the top 4 are set. Relegation goes from 5 to 10. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby hulkamania » Mon May 16, 2016 10:09 pm

Q. wrote:
Zartan wrote:
morell wrote:I heard L.Starr turned back the clock

Surely gets an A Grade gig soon?

Nah, he way off playing A's. Brayzy, Schneids, Roles all ahead of him.

Tanking for draft picks?
hulkamania
Rookie

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Yank Man » Mon May 16, 2016 10:42 pm

hulkamania wrote:
Q. wrote:
Zartan wrote:
morell wrote:I heard L.Starr turned back the clock

Surely gets an A Grade gig soon?

Nah, he way off playing A's. Brayzy, Schneids, Roles all ahead of him.

Tanking for draft picks?

Heard Chad Cornes might become available soon, as it appears the media might send him to sheep country. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 17, 2016 10:01 am

Yank Man wrote:Love reading your reviews Zartan, you put work in to it which is good. 4 from 5 to win away, I think not.

Woody Sth are the best team we have played thus far, structured, hard at it, skilful and building. One day they will kick straight and it's all over. I reckon they will beat Brahma at home by their average, 10 points.
Luthies will defeat the happless MP by 15/20. Been a tough 3 weeks for the Lions with IF away, Brahma away and then Woody Sth. Gunna take more than 7 days to get the heads right.
Farmers way too strong for Houghton, the Raiders are hanging in there but the cream rises to the top.
The Lakers are a good side and will beat Fitzroy at home and keep their finals aspirations alive.
The mighty West Croydon Hawks at home by plenty.

As I have said many weeks ago the top 4 are set. Relegation goes from 5 to 10. :D

Lol probably right, I struggle to think of some things to write some weeks!

I will say though, the 2nd half from Brahma on the weekend was of a very high standard, foot skills were brilliant.. you cant go out and buy that many quality players and not be able to get results.. if they play 4 quarters like they did the 2nd half on Friday then they're a big sniff. Having said that I haven't had the privilege of seeing Woody South yet lol.. :lol:

As for Mitchell Park, well if they cant get their heads right over the space of a week then they shouldn't be playing A grade footy.. MP have had a tough few weeks and have been very competitive - probably unlucky not to come away with a couple wins - given it's only Rd 8 club should be full of optimism still. AL on the other hand have dished up nothing but shit so far, and would need to improve drastically.

Fitzroy - same as MP have been very competitive, and if Mawson Lakes cant get over the top of Houghton in either grades, then there deserves to be questions asked of their ability to win at home this week.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby OKC! » Tue May 17, 2016 10:37 am

BZB27 wrote:The real question is, is OKC playing this week???

Nope. Spewing.
The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 42 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby Q. » Tue May 17, 2016 10:42 am

OKC! wrote:

Nope. Spewing.

Me neither, wanna hang out?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times

Postby adr107 » Tue May 17, 2016 10:50 am

Q. wrote:
OKC! wrote:

Nope. Spewing.

Left an enormous hole in the middle of the ground. Hurry up and get back big fella.
adr107
Under 16s

Has liked: 305 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby OKC! » Tue May 17, 2016 10:51 am

Q. wrote:
OKC! wrote:

Nope. Spewing.

Naaaaaaaaaaa
The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 42 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 17, 2016 10:52 am

Q. wrote:
OKC! wrote:

Nope. Spewing.

Thats a little cute :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Q. » Tue May 17, 2016 10:55 am

OKC! wrote:
Q. wrote:
OKC! wrote:

Nope. Spewing.

Naaaaaaaaaaa

Q.
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 17, 2016 11:16 am

Q. wrote:
OKC! wrote:

Nope. Spewing.

I might, I'm having a race against time to be able to umpire this week.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Q. » Tue May 17, 2016 11:19 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Q. wrote:
OKC! wrote:

Nope. Spewing.

I might, I'm having a race against time to be able to umpire this week.

Q.
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 17, 2016 11:38 am

Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby hulkamania » Tue May 17, 2016 6:32 pm

Q. wrote:

Robb_stark is very upset indeed.
hulkamania
Rookie

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Computer Crashed » Wed May 18, 2016 1:36 am

If Mawsons don't win this week I can just about guarantee they will be without 1 main player for the remainder of the season.
Queue will be in the rack.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed May 18, 2016 7:58 am

Computer Crashed wrote:If Mawsons don't win this week I can just about guarantee they will be without 1 main player for the remainder of the season.

Queue? Has bulldogs been giving you grammar lessons?
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 18, 2016 9:23 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Computer Crashed wrote:If Mawsons don't win this week I can just about guarantee they will be without 1 main player for the remainder of the season.

Queue? Has bulldogs been giving you grammar lessons?

I thought he was referring to Q without shortening his name.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Q. » Wed May 18, 2016 9:48 am

It wouldn't be the first time someone complimented me on my rack
Q.
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 18, 2016 10:14 am

Q. wrote:It wouldn't be the first time someone complimented me on my rack

I thought he was talking squat rack.. but do you even squat bro? :D
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League