Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Aerie » Wed May 18, 2016 10:23 am

A team at Mt Barker would also mean the large towns of Strathalbyn and Murray Bridge would be a reasonable drive to training twice per week so opens up that whole area. Not to mention the growing Nairne/Littlehampton towns 5 minutes away.

Haven't Sturt been asked to provide a strategy for Mt Barker? I'm not sure relocation is on the cards?

Interestingly, the Zadow Report suggested a club in Mt Barker was not worthwhile, instead opting for expansion to Gawler. I think investment in both these regions would be beneficial to cricket in this state long term. Soccer has a state league presence there.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

Postby The Hound » Wed May 18, 2016 11:25 am

Magic Johnson wrote:
Maybe the WT Board could provide the reports into the reasons behind your 2 most recent Senior coaches being dismissed or is that report in house?[/quote]

Not sure where you are going with all this Hound, stop clutching at straws. All clubs have stuff that is going on behind doors....Other grade clubs had a player missing a game to due a physical altercation with a team mate....other clubs have players with drug issues....others don't even go back to the club for presos on a Saturday night. No one or no club is perfect. Clubs are a reflection of the general population.

Also, anyone know if Darryl Hogan is still at Prospect D grade....Massive influence on the younger Prospect kids coming through and always played the game the right way.[/quote]

Was just making a point that some reports or survey results do stay in house, even at club level, so certainly not clutching at straws.

I also wouldn't like to relocate up the freeway as the climate can be really ICEy.
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby oyster » Wed May 18, 2016 12:41 pm

Today is the day. We will soon find out if the parliamentary enquiry takes place!!!
Attachments
aaaaa.jpg
aaaaa.jpg (166.39 KiB) Viewed 1606 times
oyster
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 20 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 18, 2016 12:45 pm

oyster wrote:Today is the day. We will soon find out if the parliamentary enquiry takes place!!!

Would LOL if parliament dismissed it :P
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Aerie » Wed May 18, 2016 2:15 pm

So what happens while the Select Committee proceed with their report? When do the players of WT and PA find out if they have a club to play for next season?
Aerie
Coach

Postby oyster » Wed May 18, 2016 2:17 pm

Zartan wrote:
oyster wrote:Today is the day. We will soon find out if the parliamentary enquiry takes place!!!

I've just heard that neither yourself Zartan or the SACA will be laughing. The enquiry will happen

Well done to both clubs for calling on all their contacts, to ensure this will happen.

As I said months ago.........and everyone scoffed and laughed and thought you knew better. Get the deck chair out, put the beers on ice, get the pop corn ready. Let the fireworks begin

To those who have had a crack at me and WT and PA...........chew on a fat one
oyster
Rookie

Postby heater31 » Wed May 18, 2016 2:33 pm

Zartan wrote:

Or if they find nothing of concern :roll:
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby oyster » Wed May 18, 2016 2:44 pm

heater31 wrote:
Zartan wrote:

The parliamentary enquiry might not find this out, but 11 other clubs in the SACA competition have already found out that Adelaide and Glenelg have stuck their noses into something that did not concern them. Thats embarrassment enough for your club Heater :oops: :oops:
oyster
Rookie

Postby Tony Clifton » Wed May 18, 2016 3:04 pm

How many years does a parliamentary inquiry take? :shock:
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby heater31 » Wed May 18, 2016 3:26 pm

oyster wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Zartan wrote:

The parliamentary enquiry might not find this out, but 11 other clubs in the SACA competition have already found out that Adelaide and Glenelg have stuck their noses into something that did not concern them. Thats embarrassment enough for your club Heater :oops: :oops:

How does it not concern Adelaide? You lot have continually slandered the Club and insinuated that they received preferential treatment from a SACA Staff member. Far as I can see it does concern ACC........ Our club accreditation is far from perfect but it does score very well after sailing pretty close to the wind for a couple of years things are on the improve and with a bit of luck perhaps the successes of the early 2000's will return unlike your flash in the pan success 1 time in the last 50 seasons.

Mean while you wonder why your club is getting singled out? How about stop poaching other club's juniors to prop up your First Grade Team and heck while you are at it get a full compliment of junior sides as it stands presently as all the other clubs currently fulfill......
heater31

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 18, 2016 3:47 pm

heater31 wrote:How does it not concern Adelaide? You lot have continually slandered the Club and insinuated that they received preferential treatment from a SACA Staff member. Far as I can see it does concern ACC........ Our club accreditation is far from perfect but it does score very well after sailing pretty close to the wind for a couple of years things are on the improve and with a bit of luck perhaps the successes of the early 2000's will return unlike your flash in the pan success 1 time in the last 50 seasons.

Mean while you wonder why your club is getting singled out? How about stop poaching other club's juniors to prop up your First Grade Team and heck while you are at it get a full compliment of junior sides as it stands presently as all the other clubs currently fulfill......

BANG! Cop that! :lol: :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby The Hound » Wed May 18, 2016 4:09 pm

Would LOL if parliament dismissed it :P[/quote]
Or if they find nothing of concern :roll:[/quote]

The parliamentary enquiry might not find this out, but 11 other clubs in the SACA competition have already found out that Adelaide and Glenelg have stuck their noses into something that did not concern them. Thats embarrassment enough for your club Heater :oops: :oops:[/quote]

How does it not concern Adelaide? You lot have continually slandered the Club and insinuated that they received preferential treatment from a SACA Staff member. Far as I can see it does concern ACC........ Our club accreditation is far from perfect but it does score very well after sailing pretty close to the wind for a couple of years things are on the improve and with a bit of luck perhaps the successes of the early 2000's will return unlike your flash in the pan success 1 time in the last 50 seasons. :lol:

Mean while you wonder why your club is getting singled out? How about stop poaching other club's juniors to prop up your First Grade Team and heck while you are at it get a full compliment of junior sides as it stands presently as all the other clubs currently fulfill......[/quote]

And while you are at it stop raising the need for junior team nominations to be optional :evil: the GCC has bigger issues to discuss
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 18, 2016 4:20 pm

heater31 wrote:
How does it not concern Adelaide? You lot have continually slandered the Club and insinuated that they received preferential treatment from a SACA Staff member. Far as I can see it does concern ACC........ Our club accreditation is far from perfect but it does score very well after sailing pretty close to the wind for a couple of years things are on the improve and with a bit of luck perhaps the successes of the early 2000's will return unlike your flash in the pan success 1 time in the last 50 seasons.

While we're discussing juniors, maybe we should scrap the whites and have the red players excluded from junior community cricket.

I was at a couple of Port Adelaide junior training sessions and they were very well ran with plenty of specialized coaching and one on ones.

I'm not sure that their line of thinking is right though, they tend to want to play kids in a grade or two above themselves in hope that they develop into senior cricket sooner, they do seem to be making inroads to having a stronger junior program though.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 18, 2016 4:21 pm

Quoting correctly is a friend of ours.

Try the preview button to practice if unsure.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby heater31 » Wed May 18, 2016 4:46 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
heater31 wrote:

While we're discussing juniors, maybe we should scrap the whites and have the red players excluded from junior community cricket.

I was at a couple of Port Adelaide junior training sessions and they were very well ran with plenty of specialized coaching and one on ones.

I'm not sure that their line of thinking is right though, they tend to want to play kids in a grade or two above themselves in hope that they develop into senior cricket sooner, they do seem to be making inroads to having a stronger junior program though.

The longer this current issue drags on the longer we have to wait to sort out the juniors and the issues in Women's cricket....
heater31

Postby ferret » Wed May 18, 2016 4:47 pm

I think 6 June 2016 might be a very critical date!
ferret
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 136 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Wed May 18, 2016 4:51 pm

Next grade meeting?

What is the bigger issue? The bye or too many teams?

If they are 50/50 or the bye is the bigger issue can the grade clubs make a recommendation to the Board that they explore ways to add a 14th team to the competition?
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby oyster » Wed May 18, 2016 5:13 pm

The parliamentary enquiry might not find this out, but 11 other clubs in the SACA competition have already found out that Adelaide and Glenelg have stuck their noses into something that did not concern them. Thats embarrassment enough for your club Heater :oops: :oops:[/quote]

Mean while you wonder why your club is getting singled out? How about stop poaching other club's juniors to prop up your First Grade Team and heck while you are at it get a full compliment of junior sides as it stands presently as all the other clubs currently fulfill......[/quote]

Hey genius. Go back and see where I've slandered your club or suggested preferential treatment? My criticism of both Adelaide and Glenelg was purely about sending out emails to members and getting involved in something, that has got bugger all to do with them, and nothing more. Two clubs are trying to save themselves from a very ordinary decision from the SACA, while two others enter into something that had nothing to do with them. Go back and read carefully Einstein, and then post your apology :oops: :oops:
oyster
Rookie

Postby Aerie » Wed May 18, 2016 5:44 pm

Some interesting reading here: http://www.saca.com.au/~/media/crickets ... 0FAQs.ashx

Some of that information is completely false.
Aerie
Coach

Postby tigerpie » Wed May 18, 2016 6:34 pm

Hahaha. Pistols at dawn fellas.
Hound I'll second ya.
But seriously, I'm not sure it was a good idea that the 2 clubs spoke out.
Oysters right its none of their business.
Regardless of rivalry, that's fine, but its the demise of 2 proud clubs. Bit of respect wouldnt go astray!
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps