Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Iron Fist » Wed May 18, 2016 6:52 pm

heater31 wrote:

How does it not concern Adelaide? You lot have continually slandered the Club and insinuated that they received preferential treatment from a SACA Staff member. Far as I can see it does concern ACC........ Our club accreditation is far from perfect but it does score very well after sailing pretty close to the wind for a couple of years things are on the improve and with a bit of luck perhaps the successes of the early 2000's will return unlike your flash in the pan success 1 time in the last 50 seasons.

Mean while you wonder why your club is getting singled out? How about stop poaching other club's juniors to prop up your First Grade Team and heck while you are at it get a full compliment of junior sides as it stands presently as all the other clubs currently fulfill......

heater31 wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:
The Clubs will continue to fight as we have nothing to lose, and Heater - I have spoken to several from Adelaide CC who agree they thought they would be one of the Clubs under the pump and would be doing exactly the same thing if it was them, so for people on here to suggest we "get over it and just accept it" is total garbage!

The only negative for Adelaide was the size of the bank account, everything else was in an ok position, One of the best Junior retention/progression into First Grade, Healthy junior numbers and respectable on field results without bringing home the bacon in each grade. One of the better rated facilities in the competition. No doubt if the Administration in place during the 2013/14 season were to remain there would be no merger discussions at all.....just a liquidation sale :oops:

Were these board members? If they were not I hope they were prepared to step up as I know a couple of board members were going to seriously consider their positions on the board if they found themselves facing this sort of fight.

From a West Torrens perspective they should be disappointed as they actually have a future with a strong junior section.....Port Adelaide on the other hand not so much. Very little junior future and their current recruiting strategy consists of messaging any First or Second Year First Grade player from other clubs! They were a basket case 15-20 years ago and threatened to be kicked out. I bet SACA now wish they followed through with this......

heater31 wrote:Great, Oyster now dishing out the threats :roll:

Pull your head in sunshine before you embarrass you and your club any further.

Your saying it has nothing to do with Glenelg or Adelaide? Well there are members of Port Adelaide and West Torrens spreading miss-information about both clubs. Glenelg Cricket club $3 million in the hole? :roll: That is the Football Club and has nothing to do with the Cricket Club. Your continual slander about how these clubs avoided any scrutinising has forced them to inform their members of their position. All clubs went through the same process it didn't matter if it was Adelaide, Glenelg or bloody Kensington.

People seem to ignore the fact that for the outer western suburbs the demographics are changing and its for the worse for those clubs. West Torrens might be able to survive on their own but what about Port Adelaide? They have about half a dozen schools to draw kids from and even then not all of those have cricket teams. Its not about how many Premierships you have won but where your future lies.

Heater you mention about not slandering your club but seems that you enjoy bagging or have some form of vendetta against Port Adelaide. PACC are not the team from years ago that were given a criteria that they had to meet. I think that is shown in the results over the past few years. What weeksy is trying to achieve there, is a further step in the right direction.
What the SACA is trying to do is a disgrace and until this report is finally revealed for all clubs to see, no club in the league deserves the disrespect that is being dished up to PA and WT.
get on board the thunder train!!!
Iron Fist
Veteran

Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby heater31 » Wed May 18, 2016 7:13 pm

Iron Fist wrote:
Heater you mention about not slandering your club but seems that you enjoy bagging or have some form of vendetta against Port Adelaide. PACC are not the team from years ago that were given a criteria that they had to meet. I think that is shown in the results over the past few years. What weeksy is trying to achieve there, is a further step in the right direction.
What the SACA is trying to do is a disgrace and until this report is finally revealed for all clubs to see, no club in the league deserves the disrespect that is being dished up to PA and WT.

Port Adelaide have failed to field a full compliment of junior teams for several seasons. The Fourth Grade team has one of the highest average ages in that grade for the competition and it is a well known fact that they try to entice younger players from other clubs. I am aware of approaches to 4 ACC First Grade players under the age of 22 for next season! Nobody has been able to provide a solution to this problem.....

If they can provide a plan then good on them but for now there doesn't seem to be any light at the end of the tunnel.

If anything this will reveal what plan University have to satisfy the SACA's requirements.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby heater31 » Wed May 18, 2016 7:15 pm

Aerie wrote:Some interesting reading here: http://www.saca.com.au/~/media/crickets ... 0FAQs.ashx

Some of that information is completely false.

Care to point out which parts?
heater31

Postby Iron Fist » Wed May 18, 2016 7:37 pm

heater31 wrote:
Iron Fist wrote:

Port Adelaide have failed to field a full compliment of junior teams for several seasons. The Fourth Grade team has one of the highest average ages in that grade for the competition and it is a well known fact that they try to entice younger players from other clubs. I am aware of approaches to 4 ACC First Grade players under the age of 22 for next season! Nobody has been able to provide a solution to this problem.....

If they can provide a plan then good on them but for now there doesn't seem to be any light at the end of the tunnel.

If anything this will reveal what plan University have to satisfy the SACA's requirements.

Port Adelaides A & B Grade sides would be one of the youngest teams in the comp
I have it from very good sources that one of these said youngsters parents from ACC actually came to one of ports final training sessions saying that their son wanted to play at Port.
Have you thought that if 4 players are speaking to Port then not is all rosey down on South Rd? Rather then make up lies.
Iron Fist
Veteran

Postby heater31 » Wed May 18, 2016 7:46 pm

Iron Fist wrote:
I have it from very good sources that one of these said youngsters parents from ACC actually came to one of ports final training sessions saying that their son wanted to play at Port.
Have you thought that if 4 players are speaking to Port then not is all rosey down on South Rd? Rather then make up lies.

Where did I mention the ages of the First and Second Grades?

its Juniors and First Year seniors where the problems set in.......

It is Port approaching the players they did not seek out another club....As for the parent showing up if it is who I'm think of then good luck there is no return to sender.....
heater31

Postby Tony Clifton » Wed May 18, 2016 8:05 pm

United we stand, divided we fall...

Turning clubs against each other is no help to anyone!

That article about Port's zone shits me. They get an area to the north near Salisbury Oval, but players from that area don't play for Port? What a surprise with another grade club minutes away. Why was this area zoned to Port in the first place? If the Jets had that area and Port had been given the Barossa I doubt we'd be having this particular merger discussion.

The zone we gave Port Adelaide isn't helping them so we're kicking them out... hmph.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Iron Fist » Wed May 18, 2016 8:09 pm

heater31 wrote:
Iron Fist wrote:

Where did I mention the ages of the First and Second Grades?

its Juniors and First Year seniors where the problems set in.......

It is Port approaching the players they did not seek out another club....As for the parent showing up if it is who I'm think of then good luck there is no return to sender.....

You mentioned the age of the 4th grade so I thought it was valid to bring up the age of the 1st and 2nd grade teams.
It is the 1st and 2nd grades that will make the redbacks a stronger team (the whole purpose of the merger).
In this day and age players chop and change between clubs all the time. Unless one of said kids is your own son then no one knows the full answer. I know this from experience dealing with young men in football.
Iron Fist
Veteran

Postby heater31 » Thu May 19, 2016 2:05 pm

Jeez SACA just shot themselves in the foot......the latest issue of the members magazine has a feature article on Adelaide University. However, the background photograph is actually the Port Adelaide Cricket Club :shock: :roll:

Can this please be raised at the Parliamentary Select Committee that the media department need to be sacked :oops:
heater31

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 19, 2016 2:30 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:United we stand, divided we fall...

That article about Port's zone shits me. They get an area to the north near Salisbury Oval, but players from that area don't play for Port? What a surprise with another grade club minutes away. Why was this area zoned to Port in the first place? If the Jets had that area and Port had been given the Barossa I doubt we'd be having this particular merger discussion.

The zone we gave Port Adelaide isn't helping them so we're kicking them out... hmph.

Zones are irrelevant aren't they? There is no "fee" for a player to play for a club when they don't live in that zone like the SANFL underage.

Kids/parents will go to a club where they see the best opportunity to develop their skills and get the most out of their ability.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu May 19, 2016 2:39 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Zones are irrelevant aren't they? There is no "fee" for a player to play for a club when they don't live in that zone like the SANFL underage.

Kids/parents will go to a club where they see the best opportunity to develop their skills and get the most out of their ability.

Was thinking the same. Seems there's a number of kids at the Gullies who come from Gawler.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Corona Man » Thu May 19, 2016 2:41 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Not wanting to get away from the main debate here.... but I have an observation of grade zones, albeit a little dated now in terms of juniors.

My area of the Adelaide Hills is apparently in the Sturt DCC zone, not that you would ever know, as we never heard or saw anything from them. Kensington were reasonably active in the area, or at least they were a few years back. As a result a number of juniors, who by my reckoning, should have been aligned to Sturt ended up playing for KDCC. I get the feeling that Sturt may have got "wind of this" and as a result got off their a$$, in terms of this zone. My involvement with juniors has now finished, pretty much, so I am not close enough to really know. KDCC, did however profit, as a few of the juniors went onto to play not only at a state junior level, but in the Seniors. I say ignore your zone (in particular) near country at your own peril...
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3482 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby heater31 » Thu May 19, 2016 2:44 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Was thinking the same. Seems there's a number of kids at the Gullies who come from Gawler.

Kids provided they haven't been previously registered with a club can elect to play for any neighbouring zone club other than the one they live in.

Unsure on the rules for country zones though....
heater31

Postby Corona Man » Thu May 19, 2016 2:46 pm

heater31 wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Kids provided they haven't been previously registered with a club can elect to play for any neighbouring zone club other than the one they live in.

Unsure on the rules for country zones though....

Could well also be the case with Juniors I reckon Heater... The KDCC bloke who ran it all, was VERY well connected, so I am sure he knew who he could, and couldn't nab!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3482 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Tony Clifton » Thu May 19, 2016 2:46 pm

Yes and no.

Zones are being used to justify merging two western suburbs clubs for instance.

If Jets and Port do an equally good job then families in Parafield Gardens would go to their nearest club (Jets), regardless of who they are zoned to (Port).

Country zoning is more strict and does have an impact. Now anyway. It used to be a free-for-all not so long ago.

The metro zone rules are half pregnant. Personally I think they should either be strictly enforced like the SANFL or abolished altogether.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby heater31 » Thu May 19, 2016 2:54 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:
Country zoning is more strict and does have an impact.

The metro zone rules are half pregnant. Personally I think they should either be strictly enforced like the SANFL or abolished altogether.

Would argue that the same principles also apply to the country zones as the metro ones based on previous experience when a precedent of a metro zone clearance was used for a Country zone clearance dispute.....
heater31

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 19, 2016 3:15 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:

Gawler has been a feeding zone for TTG for near on a decade.

There have been varying periods where the Barossa or the PDCA kids/parents have had their dislike for the Jets, it has depended on who is actually running the Jets junior program at the time.
My experiences with the Jets both 10 years apart have been of the same opinion, despite living within a 10 minute drive, neither of my children will going out there.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby EldersUniSA » Thu May 19, 2016 3:40 pm

Does anyone have a link or a map of current junior zones. Did a quick internet search and couldn't find any.
Elders Cricket Club Est 1931 UniSA/SAIT Cricket Club Est 1974
Elders UniSA Cricket Club 1999
Mawson Lakes Cricket Club 2010
EldersUniSA
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Mawson Lakes

Postby heater31 » Thu May 19, 2016 3:55 pm

EldersUniSA wrote:Does anyone have a link or a map of current junior zones. Did a quick internet search and couldn't find any.

Never seen a map.....only a list of postcodes that are contained in the boundary
heater31

Postby The Hound » Thu May 19, 2016 3:56 pm

heater31 wrote:
EldersUniSA wrote:Does anyone have a link or a map of current junior zones. Did a quick internet search and couldn't find any.

Never seen a map.....only a list of postcodes that are contained in the boundary

http://premiercricket.sa.cricket.com.au ... .aspx?rw=c :lol:
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 19, 2016 4:01 pm

The Hound wrote:
heater31 wrote:

http://premiercricket.sa.cricket.com.au ... .aspx?rw=c :lol:

That is very interesting, 5114 is both Jets and TTG, WTF? Same with 5108 is Jets and Port.
Players living in Prospect pretty much have an open choice.

It's all a load of frog shit anyway as it isn't administered or adhered to.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps