10%
Tea Tree Gully
14%
Unley Mercedes Jets
6%

Total votes : 63

Re: CH9AFL Division 1 2016

Postby Jetters » Fri May 20, 2016 5:01 pm

the joker wrote:Load of crap by SAAFL. They want Div 1 to be league full of College teams. Punish the player not the club. SAAFL is the worst run sporting organisation in Australia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The SAAFL have done a brilliant job over the past few years stamping out sh!t behaviour. Players can go out with far more confidence and play footy on Saturday and then continue, business as usual, the next week without the worry of some idiot king hitting them on the footy field.

Clubs can no longer turn a blind eye or plead ignorance that 'we can't control our players, it's not our fault'.

There are no issues with the SAAFL's position for the vast majority of clubs doing the right thing. Not knowing anything about these incidents, but if the SAAFL over step on occasion with their penalties, it's a small price considering what they have achieved in this area.
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby the joker » Fri May 20, 2016 5:02 pm

I understand that. But punish the player. Give him 20 games and find the club. But the 60 other players from the three sides don't deserve to lose their hard earned wins

I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri May 20, 2016 5:07 pm

the joker wrote:I understand that. But punish the player. Give him 20 games and find the club. But the 60 other players from the three sides don't deserve to lose their hard earned wins

Completely agree in theory, however I think the reasoning behind punishing the club, is that then the club has incentive to get rid of the trouble as it affects the club overall and not just the player

(could be wrong though)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Jetters » Fri May 20, 2016 5:17 pm

the joker wrote:I understand that. But punish the player. Give him 20 games and find the club. But the 60 other players from the three sides don't deserve to lose their hard earned wins

If the punishment effects your mates and the club, rather than just yourself, you are much less likely to do it. It also stops clubs rolling the dice with particular players.
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby morell » Fri May 20, 2016 5:25 pm

Problem is some meat heads almost see suspensions as a badge of honour and something to brag about.

Punishing the club as a whole works. And works well.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby LMA » Fri May 20, 2016 5:26 pm

These troubled clubs can try their hardest to weed out bad eggs & behave, but lets be honest the area they're in has a major contribution as opposed to the clubs itself
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Footy Chick » Fri May 20, 2016 5:55 pm

morell wrote:

Problem is some meat heads almost see suspensions as a badge of honour and something to brag about.

Best example: Smiffies - the coach and committee are being applauded for what they've done with that club.

Units also fell afoul of the league a few years ago and were given a prod and haven’t been near the league since. In fact I heard a very funny story that when Units were about to come out of their suspension and put on parole, the two brothers that run the show out there (can't remember their names, sorry) pleaded with the league to stay on notice.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby footys the winner » Fri May 20, 2016 7:12 pm

Footy Chick wrote:I'll tell you why, Rocs haven't had 13 reports in the last couple of years for a total of 49 matches.

Even though most of the players might have moved on, there is still clearly a problem, which SN are doing their darndest best to squash but spuds keep spoiling it for them.

Players (and not just from SN) might be a bit more careful if they got the fine and not the club.

Hey, there's an idea ;)

How many in the A grade?
footys the winner
Under 18s

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby knowitall » Fri May 20, 2016 7:59 pm

footys the winner wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:I'll tell you why, Rocs haven't had 13 reports in the last couple of years for a total of 49 matches.

Even though most of the players might have moved on, there is still clearly a problem, which SN are doing their darndest best to squash but spuds keep spoiling it for them.

Players (and not just from SN) might be a bit more careful if they got the fine and not the club.

Hey, there's an idea ;)

How many in the A grade?
well one A grade player was about 12 by himself IIRC. Doesnt matter, i reckon the league have been weak as pi55 for letting them get away with it for as long as they have.
knowitall

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Pine Warmer » Fri May 20, 2016 8:01 pm

Thats because rocs got no one reported out of the gf replay melee, only SN had 4 players from the same melee get close to 30 games between them? Doesn't seem odd?

Also from the lower grade teams that are also on good behaviour, im pretty sure the umpires wouldn't report players for swearing. Ive seen plenty of players get a yellow card for a slip of the tongue but to get reported and to actually get 3+ games for it is ridiculous.
Pine Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Western Districts

Postby footys the winner » Fri May 20, 2016 8:17 pm

knowitall wrote:
footys the winner wrote:

Hey, there's an idea ;)

How many in the A grade?
well one A grade player was about 12 by himself IIRC. Doesnt matter, i reckon the league have been weak as pi55 for letting them get away with it for as long as they have.

I'm talking about after the grand final. I forgot SN had a melee with themselves.
footys the winner
Under 18s

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby knowitall » Fri May 20, 2016 8:28 pm

footys the winner wrote:
knowitall wrote:
footys the winner wrote:

Hey, there's an idea ;)

How many in the A grade?

I'm talking about after the grand final. I forgot SN had a melee with themselves.
did they get reported for a melee. I remember one of them reported for pushing an umpire and one of the rocs blokes has a broken cheek bone and another lost some teeth - that's some melee but those little bits and pieces would ruin your little story wouldnt they ? :roll:
Last edited by knowitall on Fri May 20, 2016 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
knowitall

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Demon Juke » Fri May 20, 2016 8:28 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
morell wrote:

Best example: Smiffies - the coach and committee are being applauded for what they've done with that club.

Units also fell afoul of the league a few years ago and were given a prod and haven’t been near the league since. In fact I heard a very funny story that when Units were about to come out of their suspension and put on parole, the two brothers that run the show out there (can't remember their names, sorry) pleaded with the league to stay on notice.

B1 & B2 Sims
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri May 20, 2016 8:56 pm

Can't believe I'm actually agreeing with Jetters.....

Was actually discussing this tonight regarding thugs in C grade. The leagues stance on idiots through all grades who use footy as a means to assault individuals has been brutal, however it's pissed these clowns off and it's great to see.

If you take action on the consistent petty shit that we all know you shouldn't do on a footy field then you will stamp out the more serious stuff in general before it happens.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby The Big Shrek » Sun May 22, 2016 4:24 pm

https://www.facebook.com/9NewsAdelaide/ ... 358557461/

What a bunch of legends the PAOC boys are raising money for this little girl.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Mon May 23, 2016 8:12 am

Henley looking for a new coach?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 23, 2016 11:14 am

morell wrote:Punishing the club as a whole works. And works well.

Agreed. We have had sanctions on us - even though 99% of the club haven't done anything wrong, and nil reports in the A grade or B grade for a lengthy time, but having sanctions that affect the club make all players more conscious of their actions - for example a bloke in a C grade side who might like belting blokes isn't going to do it knowing there is a whole club that would be affected and be after his blood.

Behaviour across all our grades has never been better, and you can see players thinking through situations when they get heated, removing themselves from a potential situation or coaches bringing players off the ground etc.

It's a harsh penalty but it works.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Mon May 23, 2016 7:35 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:Henley looking for a new coach?

Do Tell what is going on down at Shark Park????
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby heater31 » Mon May 23, 2016 7:36 pm

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:

The Knives are out and at the ready.......

Think there are more issues than the Coach down on Cudmore Terrace......
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby oyster » Mon May 23, 2016 9:01 pm

heater31 wrote:
FOURTH ESTATE wrote:

The Knives are out and at the ready.......

Think there are more issues than the Coach down on Cudmore Terrace......

Here we go. Heater again joining in the rumour and gossip thats not true. If it's not having a go at the WT cricket club, he's now changed his attention to more false rumours about Kym Cobb getting the flick. Cobb is still the coach at the Sharks and just more crap written on here.
oyster
Rookie

Been liked: 20 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League