FREE ADMISSION to State Game

All discussions to do with the SANFL

FREE ADMISSION to State Game

Postby andyw » Wed May 25, 2016 7:34 pm

I'm not sure if this has been brought up in any forums but would it not make sense to open the gates up and get maybe 15000 or so and make money from catering rather than charge $14 and get maybe 3000 and make bugger all on beer and food? i haven't done the maths but it seems a no brainer, not to mention a better atmosphere and a better look on TV ?
"too much footy is not nearly enough"
andyw
Rookie

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Re: FREE ADMISSION to State Game

Postby Wedgie » Wed May 25, 2016 7:37 pm

andyw wrote:I'm not sure if this has been brought up in any forums but would it not make sense to open the gates up and get maybe 15000 or so and make money from catering rather than charge $14 and get maybe 3000 and make bugger all on beer and food? i haven't done the maths but it seems a no brainer, not to mention a better atmosphere and a better look on TV ?

Entry virtually is free mate, club members get in free, thousands of tickets are given away, Adelaide Oval members get in free. I doubt anyone would pay to get in and I doubt they'll get 15k, it'll be a lot closer to 1.5k.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby VALE PARK » Wed May 25, 2016 8:06 pm

That 1500 would include players coaches,officials and support staff.
Let us see.
VALE PARK
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 59 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby andyw » Wed May 25, 2016 8:50 pm

Wedgie wrote:
andyw wrote:I'm not sure if this has been brought up in any forums but would it not make sense to open the gates up and get maybe 15000 or so and make money from catering rather than charge $14 and get maybe 3000 and make bugger all on beer and food? i haven't done the maths but it seems a no brainer, not to mention a better atmosphere and a better look on TV ?

Entry virtually is free mate, club members get in free, thousands of tickets are given away, Adelaide Oval members get in free. I doubt anyone would pay to get in and I doubt they'll get 15k, it'll be a lot closer to 1.5k.

yeah you're probably right Wedgie but i still reckon you would get closer to 15k than 1.5k if you opened the gates and advertised it as free admish?
"too much footy is not nearly enough"
andyw
Rookie

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby therisingblues » Wed May 25, 2016 9:28 pm

I won't be going even though I can get in free as a Sturt member.
I still follow SANFL because I love the Blues and there's just too much of my life in that already.
But the league has been made a joke by PP and AR reserves. So I don't really see the point in watching a SANFL representative side.
The VFL, as I have read on other threads, has virtually no players to choose from. Apparently no AFL listed players are eligible fir this one, and with so few untainted clubs in the VFL, my understanding is they'll be fielding an average side at best.
They've been promoting this game a bit on the radio, so that might bring a few people who aren't up with the SANFL through the gate.
I reckon they'll get about 3,286.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Booney » Thu May 26, 2016 8:50 am

Wedgie wrote:

Port and Adelaide members get in for free too.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby shoe boy » Thu May 26, 2016 8:57 am

Why would you pay for a poor product!
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Booney » Thu May 26, 2016 8:59 am

therisingblues wrote:I won't be going even though I can get in free as a Sturt member.
I still follow SANFL because I love the Blues and there's just too much of my life in that already.
But the league has been made a joke by PP and AR reserves. So I don't really see the point in watching a SANFL representative side.
The VFL, as I have read on other threads, has virtually no players to choose from. Apparently no AFL listed players are eligible fir this one, and with so few untainted clubs in the VFL, my understanding is they'll be fielding an average side at best.
They've been promoting this game a bit on the radio, so that might bring a few people who aren't up with the SANFL through the gate.

Under 3000 IMO. People will see it as an opportunity to have a footy free weekend. ( As if there isn't enough of them already! )
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Big Phil » Thu May 26, 2016 9:02 am

andyw wrote:...not to mention a better atmosphere and a better look on TV ?

It's not on TV, mate...

Channel 7 aren't covering this one...

It will be LIVE Video Streamed on the SANFL website...
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby Magellan » Thu May 26, 2016 9:09 am

VALE PARK wrote:That 1500 would include players coaches,officials and support staff.
Let us see.

If we're going to have these 'state' games, I reckon they should be played at one of the local grounds and not Adelaide Oval. An inter-state league match is likely to have more resonance among those who support it if its played at a local ground, and therefore more chance of securing a better crowd which is still not likely to be massive and won't look as bad as a stadium that's 85% empty.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby am Bays » Thu May 26, 2016 9:20 am

Booney wrote:Under 3000 IMO. People will see it as an opportunity to have a footy free weekend. ( As if there isn't enough of them already! )

^
This for me, given footy on Saturday, I want to go given a fave of mine at the Bays has made the final 22 but it's just not a battle worth having with Mrs am Bays ATM.

Hoping for a crowd of 5000
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Rising Power » Thu May 26, 2016 10:33 am

Magellan wrote:
VALE PARK wrote:That 1500 would include players coaches,officials and support staff.
Let us see.

If we're going to have these 'state' games, I reckon they should be played at one of the local grounds and not Adelaide Oval. An inter-state league match is likely to have more resonance among those who support it if its played at a local ground, and therefore more chance of securing a better crowd which is still not likely to be massive and won't look as bad as a stadium that's 85% empty.

The last couple of home games have been at Richmond and Glenelg ovals (and free entry I think) but that was prior to the AO redevelopment being completed, with most of the preceding matches being at AO or FP. Having the game at say Norwood under lights, or even Thebby, would provide a better atmosphere and perhaps a better crowd but I guess the SANFL/SMA want to squeeze the lemon dry when it comes to opportunities to make something back on the half billion $ investment regardless how minute. Edit: The central location and accessibility via public transport is the only plus really.
Rising Power
Under 16s

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Hectorville

Postby Dutchy » Thu May 26, 2016 7:37 pm

Rowie predicting a crowd between 15,000-20,000 :lol:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby leggies » Thu May 26, 2016 8:37 pm

Dutchy wrote:Rowie predicting a crowd between 15,000-20,000 :lol:

Didn't know there were that many seagulls around Adelaide oval

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
leggies
Under 16s

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu May 26, 2016 8:40 pm

leggies wrote:

Rowie is the biggest seagull going around
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Keefy » Thu May 26, 2016 8:44 pm

I actually posted this in the state team thread but didnt anyone get a text message from the SANFL reminding them about the game and its free entry with your club membership
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 181 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby scott » Thu May 26, 2016 8:50 pm

Love all the time, money and effort the SANFL is giving to promote this match.

Just a shame it's almost non-existent for their own competition.
scott
Veteran

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 124 times

Postby zipzap » Thu May 26, 2016 9:15 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
leggies wrote:

Rowie is the biggest seagull going around

Funny when Cornsey came on 5AArse the other night and mentioned he went to Prospect on the weekend to see Sturt v Cocks. Rowey seemed mildly surprised at that - amusing because he was standing behind us on his lonesome for most of the game.
"A no vote from any club means there is some sort of risk involved in our entry into the competition not working," Steven Trigg.
zipzap
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 248 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby therisingblues » Thu May 26, 2016 11:42 pm

Keefy wrote:I actually posted this in the state team thread but didnt anyone get a text message from the SANFL reminding them about the game and its free entry with your club membership

I didn't get one.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby norwood8 » Fri May 27, 2016 1:02 am

Booney wrote:
therisingblues wrote:I won't be going even though I can get in free as a Sturt member.

Under 3000 IMO. People will see it as an opportunity to have a footy free weekend. ( As if there isn't enough of them already! )

Nailed it on the head. Almost need some cricket or summer activities to get into.
norwood8
Under 18s

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL