10%
Tea Tree Gully
14%
Unley Mercedes Jets
6%

Total votes : 63

Re: CH9AFL Division 1 2016

Postby marbles » Thu May 26, 2016 3:23 pm

twobob wrote:For what its worth i think Henley should sack Cobby. We haven't had a good sacking so far this year. Swing that axe and off with his head. You generally get a win the following week.

nah actually there are about 20 nob head players out there who claim to be henley sharks through and through but yet on a saturday morning rather than donning the henley jumper that made them who they are today, will drive straight past the club without a care in the world and instead drive 400km to some lame ass country shit box club for an extra 100 bucks which theyll just eventually blow on grog anyway on which ever weekend

meanwhile their home club, where all they claim their best mates are supposed to be, are busting a nut to stay in div 1 are copping everything from everyone, because a brand new bathroom is more important than their team mates and their sharks jumper

then when they aint worth shit on the players market theyll all come back prancing around wondering why we're in div 2... geeze i wonder "mate", but thanks for your help when we needed ya
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Dols » Thu May 26, 2016 3:25 pm

marbles wrote:
twobob wrote:For what its worth i think Henley should sack Cobby. We haven't had a good sacking so far this year. Swing that axe and off with his head. You generally get a win the following week.

nah actually there are about 20 nob head players out there who claim to be henley sharks through and through but yet on a saturday morning rather than donning the henley jumper that made them who they are today, will drive straight past the club without a care in the world and instead drive 400km to some lame ass country shit box club for an extra 100 bucks which theyll just eventually blow on grog anyway on which ever weekend

meanwhile their home club, where all they claim their best mates are supposed to be, are busting a nut to stay in div 1 are copping everything from everyone, because a brand new bathroom is more important than their team mates and their sharks jumper

then when they aint worth shit on the players market theyll all come back prancing around wondering why we're in div 2... geeze i wonder "mate", but thanks for your help when we needed ya
so there are no problems at Henley[emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Footy Chick » Thu May 26, 2016 3:26 pm

marbles wrote:

I hate to say this, but

=D> =D> =D> Spot on......

Edit - I really don't know Henleys specific situation at the minute but as a generalisation of clubs that have shocker years..
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby zedman » Thu May 26, 2016 4:03 pm

marbles wrote:nah actually there are about 20 nob head players out there who claim to be henley sharks through and through but yet on a saturday morning rather than donning the henley jumper that made them who they are today, will drive straight past the club without a care in the world and instead drive 400km to some lame ass country shit box club for an extra 100 bucks which theyll just eventually blow on grog anyway on which ever weekend

zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1078 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 26, 2016 4:10 pm

marbles wrote:

Hey marbles, whatever you've taken, please keep taking it.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby scottroo » Thu May 26, 2016 4:14 pm

The question needs to be asked. If these players are only getting $100 more in the country and driving all the extra km. Why don't they just stay and play at henley? Must be some reasons why if as you say they regard themselves as henley people
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Q. » Thu May 26, 2016 4:18 pm

scottroo wrote:The question needs to be asked. If these players are only getting $100 more in the country and driving all the extra km. Why don't they just stay and play at henley? Must be some reasons why if as you say they regard themselves as henley people

Well, animals are a lot like people, Mrs. Simpson. Some of them act badly because they've had a hard life or have been mistreated. But, like people, some of them are just jerks.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby LMA » Thu May 26, 2016 8:18 pm

marbles wrote:

What!! Players leaving clubs to go play in the country for money, How long has this been going on?
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby marbles » Thu May 26, 2016 11:11 pm

Paoc band of brothers :D

48 T. Ashby5 T. Bartlett24 T. Brinsley7 B. Castree27 D. Clayfield60 N. Clayfield19 L. Crawford14 J. Dalwood16 W. Dalwood17 C. Graetz36 J. Graetz43 C. Hannemann34 E. Holmes29 H. Jolly37 J. Latchford33 L. McNamara15 A. Perryman44 C. Pritchard18 K. Siebels8 M. Wicks3 T. Wicks
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby mickey » Thu May 26, 2016 11:24 pm

There is also H. Latchford, who was dropped from the a grade and replaced by his brother!
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 313 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby marbles » Thu May 26, 2016 11:39 pm

mickey wrote:There is also H. Latchford, who was dropped from the a grade and replaced by his brother!

So j.latchford in replacing h.latchford who will join w.latchford?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby mickey » Fri May 27, 2016 9:28 am

marbles wrote:
mickey wrote:There is also H. Latchford, who was dropped from the a grade and replaced by his brother!

I've got the brothers mixed up..... Jack replaced Will... Hamish is still playing 1st 18s @ PAC
mickey
Coach

Been liked: 313 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri May 27, 2016 9:54 am

marbles wrote:

Who is doing new bathrooms for $1800? He'd be the busiest bloke in Australia!
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby marbles » Fri May 27, 2016 10:23 am

mickey wrote:
marbles wrote:

I've got the brothers mixed up..... Jack replaced Will... Hamish is still playing 1st 18s @ PAC

2 in the B's 1 in the A's.
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri May 27, 2016 10:53 am

Hamish left school last year
There's also the Alexanders, McPhee twins (good and bad but I can't tell them apart), Woodies, Castrees, Collisons, Ramsays, Siebels, Ellis, Bartletts etc etc
There are also a few uncle / nephew combinations.....
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 27, 2016 11:00 am

I played an A Grade match in 90's where for memory there were 9 sets of brothers playing, I've been racking my brain this morning trying to figure them all out, I recall that there were 3 players that didn't have bother playing, interestingly enough, none of them had brothers.

Fry, Melrose and vanDongen were the 3 odd ones out.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri May 27, 2016 12:51 pm

Anyone remember the TransAdelaide Tigers (i think it was them) team some years back that consisted entirely of Wanganeens :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri May 27, 2016 12:56 pm

I remember a final at Kenilworth when there was almost a riot after they played and the umpires had to be locked away until most of the crowd left.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri May 27, 2016 2:07 pm

marbles wrote:

Jack probably got the nod over Hammo because of the weather
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby mickey » Fri May 27, 2016 2:17 pm

That's not what Jack says... he's dirty that it's taken this long to be picked
mickey
Coach