Jason McPharlin
Ryan McPharlin
Travis McCallum
Josh Harkness * DOB 30/6/97
Dean Storic
Jonathon Brice
Luke Guy
Lachlan Robinson
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby Snags » Tue May 24, 2016 8:44 am

OnSong wrote:Balaklava players selected in APFL squad:

Jason McPharlin
Ryan McPharlin
Travis McCallum
Dean Storic
Jonathon Brice
Luke Guy
Lachlan Robinson

Who's coaching this year onsong?
Snags
Under 16s

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby OnSong » Tue May 24, 2016 8:57 am

Snags wrote:
OnSong wrote:Balaklava players selected in APFL squad:

Jason McPharlin
Ryan McPharlin
Travis McCallum
Dean Storic
Jonathon Brice
Luke Guy
Lachlan Robinson

Who's coaching this year onsong?

Steve Lubcke
OnSong
Coach

Postby Swamp Donkey » Tue May 24, 2016 11:02 am

mighty hounds wrote:Someone that has been around the league for a long time, what did you think of Angle Vale SD? Compared to the bad Hamley teams and the final years of Roseworthy teams?

I'll reserve my judgement until they've had a couple of seasons to establish themselves as a country footy club.

This season was always going to be tough for them coming out of Div 7 amateurs, in particular their lack of depth was always going to be an issue. However, I think they deserve opportunity to develop a senior team over the next 3-4 years, especially as they have some talent coming through in their senior colts at the moment. The key questions for me are: 1) can they can hold on to, and further develop the high-end talent in their current senior colts team into quality senior players over the next 3-4 years; and 2) will they be able to top up their list with quality imports. I'm assuming they will have 15+ points to play with each year over the next 3 years, so theoretically they should be able to attract at least 8-10 quality players to the club during this period to support their developing locals. In the meantime, there will be plenty of heartache and the challenge for the coach and the club is to keep the current group interested and their level of effort and competitiveness up (both of these were lacking Saturday - their lack of depth was clearly an issue). If they are unable to do that on a regular basis, and keep getting results like the one on the weekend, I think they are going to find it very tough and the answer to the questions I posed above will almost certainly be no. Such results on a regular basis will provide no incentive for new players to come along, or for young local players to hang around.

Although nobody expects them to cause too many upsets this year, and our expectations of them are very low, I still think they have a lot to lose if they can't at least be competitive and earn some respect this season. Personally I hope they can pull it together and be a force in the APFL within 5-10 years.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Lame Choice » Tue May 24, 2016 3:05 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:Someone that has been around the league for a long time, what did you think of Angle Vale SD? Compared to the bad Hamley teams and the final years of Roseworthy teams?

I'll reserve my judgement until they've had a couple of seasons to establish themselves as a country footy club.

This season was always going to be tough for them coming out of Div 7 amateurs, in particular their lack of depth was always going to be an issue. However, I think they deserve opportunity to develop a senior team over the next 3-4 years, especially as they have some talent coming through in their senior colts at the moment. The key questions for me are: 1) can they can hold on to, and further develop the high-end talent in their current senior colts team into quality senior players over the next 3-4 years; and 2) will they be able to top up their list with quality imports. I'm assuming they will have 15+ points to play with each year over the next 3 years, so theoretically they should be able to attract at least 8-10 quality players to the club during this period to support their developing locals. In the meantime, there will be plenty of heartache and the challenge for the coach and the club is to keep the current group interested and their level of effort and competitiveness up (both of these were lacking Saturday - their lack of depth was clearly an issue). If they are unable to do that on a regular basis, and keep getting results like the one on the weekend, I think they are going to find it very tough and the answer to the questions I posed above will almost certainly be no. Such results on a regular basis will provide no incentive for new players to come along, or for young local players to hang around.

Although nobody expects them to cause too many upsets this year, and our expectations of them are very low, I still think they have a lot to lose if they can't at least be competitive and earn some respect this season. Personally I hope they can pull it together and be a force in the APFL within 5-10 years.

Mallala/Virginia, at their best, would be Top Div 3/Bottom Div 2 SAAFL (IMO). For any team to come from Div 7 with any expectation to raise through 4 divisions (equivalent) of football is dreaming. Particularly with the imposed CFL Salary Cap. 10 year plan minimum if they can hang on that long.
Good luck to them, but I can't see it happening.
"As long as I live, I will deny taking performance enhancing drugs" Lance Armstrong 2010
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 30 times

Postby Snags » Tue May 24, 2016 9:53 pm

Two wells association selections.
Ned seccafien
Tallan Leighton
Aaron Dart
Dylan wise * u/21
Harry Gameau * u/21
Brandon Daly * u/21
James Lean * u/21
Snags
Under 16s

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 26, 2016 11:30 am

Without turning this into an umpire bashing post, with the introduction of Angle Vale into the comp, it means that the APFL requires an additional 5 umpires per week, they previously required 15 per week but now need 20.

There have been several times already this season where umpires have had to do the 14's, 17's and B grade as well as many other times where they have had to stop in and do a 17's on their way to another ground to do an A Grade game.

If you have anyone at your club that is interested in umpiring could you please pm me for me to pass their names on or alternatively go through your club delegate and go straight to BJ.

I'm sure something could be arranged to perhaps do a 14's and 17's of their own club to help with convenience, I did stop at Virginia last weekend and noticed a Two Wells bloke doing the 11's and thought he done a great job, after speaking to him he seemed quite keen to take his umpiring further.

This is YOUR league and having the right people contributing to it will only improve the competition as a whole, if you have any queries regarding rates or anything for that matter, please feel free to pm me.

Speaking to BJ during the week, he hasn't had one week yet where all of the umpiring fraternity have been available, in a perfect world this is how they prefer each Saturday to be allocated.

Umpires A, B, C, D & E.

A Grade: A & B.
B Grade: C & D.
17's: C & E.
14's: D & E.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Popper Smurf » Thu May 26, 2016 11:32 am

Mallala players selected in APFL squad:
Joel Montgomerie
Jordan Clements
Nigel Osborn
Will Farrelly
Rob Montgomery
Jake Birchmore *
Troy Algar
Josh Seal
Brent Harris
Angus Bruggemann
Popper Smurf
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 26, 2016 11:46 am

No Whitwell?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby magpieeagle » Thu May 26, 2016 10:33 pm

Two Wells 80+
Balaklava 80+
Mallala 1-39 (Parish back)
United 80+
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby mighty hounds » Fri May 27, 2016 9:01 am

LP 80+
Bal 80+
TW 40-79
Mal 40-79
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Swamp Donkey » Fri May 27, 2016 9:50 am

Balak 80+
United 80+
Two Wells 40-79
Mallala 1-39
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby OnSong » Fri May 27, 2016 10:15 am

Popper Smurf wrote:Mallala players selected in APFL squad:
Joel Montgomerie
Jordan Clements
Nigel Osborn
Will Farrelly
Rob Montgomery
Jake Birchmore *
Troy Algar
Josh Seal
Brent Harris
Angus Bruggemann

United:

Heath Pym
Matt Birchmore
Simon Tyler
Adrian Mills
OnSong
Coach

Postby OnSong » Fri May 27, 2016 10:25 am

Updated tipping table

I don't want to be the bad guy here but it seems Dogwatcher and Scuba Steve are out of the race for the Plains Producer trucker cap!
Attachments
Screen shot 2016-05-27 at 9.21.36 AM.png
Screen shot 2016-05-27 at 9.21.36 AM.png (38.63 KiB) Viewed 1037 times
OnSong
Coach

Postby Greggy Gregginson » Fri May 27, 2016 10:38 am

Swamp Donkey wrote:Balak 80+
United 80+
Two Wells 40-79
Mallala 1-39

x2
Greggy Gregginson
Rookie

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri May 27, 2016 11:03 am

Balaklava 80+
United 80+
Two Wells 1-39
Mallala 1-39

2 highlights tomorrow.
Kym Jarman plays game number 250 for us, massive effort considering he has travelled from Kapunda or Adelaide since he was 14.

Also looking forward to (hopefully) finally getting my carton of beer from norm11 that he still owes me from a bet on here about 5 years ago. Norm if you don't have time to call into a bottle shop a $50 note will do and I will buy my own beer. Cheers.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby OnSong » Fri May 27, 2016 11:12 am

Swamp Donkey wrote:

Great rundown.
It's almost like the Hamley Bridge rebuild apart from some key elements.
The big kicker really, is Hamley Bridge's rebuild is survival based.
They had no real option other than rebuild their club in the APFL competition.
On the contrary, not all at Angle Vale would be thrilled to be part of the APFL competition.
The Owls weren't forced into this situation.
It was a choice by the club to pursue this venture.
So, for all the hard work people like Bill, Trevor etc are putting in, there will be those detractors (probably not many, but they tend to be pretty vocal and disruptive) within that organisation lamenting the day they set foot in the APFL.
You wouldn't have that element of negativity at Hamley Bridge.
Not sure how the netballers are coping either.

On the positive, I saw three or four AV lads training with the APFL U17 squad in awful conditions at Balaklava on Sunday.
OnSong
Coach

Postby OnSong » Fri May 27, 2016 11:17 am

Mythical Creature wrote:Balaklava 80+
United 80+
Two Wells 1-39
Mallala 1-39

2 highlights tomorrow.
Kym Jarman plays game number 250 for us, massive effort considering he has travelled from Kapunda or Adelaide since he was 14.

Also looking forward to (hopefully) finally getting my carton of beer from norm11 that he still owes me from a bet on here about 5 years ago. Norm if you don't have time to call into a bottle shop a $50 note will do and I will buy my own beer. Cheers.

Good work Jars.

Norm, I know for a fact MC likes Cascade Light.
OnSong
Coach

Postby OnSong » Fri May 27, 2016 11:25 am

Balaklava 80+
United 80+
Two Wells 80+
Mallala 1-39

Almost went 40-79 for Mallala. Huge list of ins.

Parish, Earl, Good, Cocks. Easily strongest side they've named this year.

No Adrian Mark for Virginia on Sportingpulse? Musolino not back yet...? Virginia probably second strongest squad in APFL, so will be an interesting result here.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri May 27, 2016 11:29 am

OnSong wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:Balaklava 80+
United 80+
Two Wells 1-39
Mallala 1-39

2 highlights tomorrow.

Good work Jars.

Norm, I know for a fact MC likes Cascade Light.

Ha good one. Maybe instead of giving it to me norm, drop it off into the change rooms after the game and I will share it around, win, lose or draw.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy