voss
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Postby Ruben Carter » Thu May 26, 2016 10:58 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Chocco was a stubborn pr$ck who knew how to get the best out of his players.......Kenny just wants to be best friends and to be liked by all!!

I assume from that comment that you played AFL under both of them? I'd hate to think you might base your opinion on perception rather than facts. :roll:
If you don’t like my words, don’t listen. If you don’t like my appearance, don’t look. If you don’t like my actions, turn your head; It’s as simple as that.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 75 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby marbles » Fri May 27, 2016 12:53 am

Ruben Carter wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:Chocco was a stubborn pr$ck who knew how to get the best out of his players.......Kenny just wants to be best friends and to be liked by all!!

I assume from that comment that you played AFL under both of them? I'd hate to think you might base your opinion on perception rather than facts. :roll:

Forgive me kenny for i have sinned
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby marbles » Fri May 27, 2016 12:58 am

Booney wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Kenny still accepting mediocrity down at the swamp, just Howard in for Jonas.

No brainer, really. Howard can ruck, Trengove can go back and then chop out with Westhoff when Dougs needs a breather.

The only possible inclusions were Mitchell ( rookie list ) or S.Gray and Amon who were both ok without being excellent last week against South.

Jesse Palmer must be close to a debut as well.

Has howard even been playing? Figured he woulda copped a cutla weeks bak down woody park cutla weeks bak for trippin sum geeza up?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby amber_fluid » Fri May 27, 2016 8:26 am

Ruben Carter wrote:

Bahahahaahahaha coz everything written on here is factual.
Be a quite day on here if we had to rely on just facts!!!

Where there's smoke there is fire!!!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby Ruben Carter » Fri May 27, 2016 8:40 am

amber_fluid wrote:
Ruben Carter wrote:

Bahahahaahahaha coz everything written on here is factual.
Be a quite day on here if we had to rely on just facts!!!

Where there's smoke there is fire!!!

Quiet is the word you're looking for I think.
If you don’t like my words, don’t listen. If you don’t like my appearance, don’t look. If you don’t like my actions, turn your head; It’s as simple as that.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Postby amber_fluid » Fri May 27, 2016 9:05 am

:lol: My apologies it won't happen again Sir.
Now run along and look for these facts you require before posting each time :?
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby stan » Fri May 27, 2016 10:03 am

amber_fluid wrote::lol: My apologies it won't happen again Sir.
Now run along and look for these facts you require before posting each time :?

Old amber has a point fellas. There would be nothing but tumble weed around the forum if we only discussed facts.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri May 27, 2016 10:21 am

Well, there is a fact. They have been performing well under expectation for 18 months and it doesn't look like getting better. That's the biggest fact you need really. Talent isn't the issue, we all know that.

I thought this team for the best part of 2 years was making massive progress consistently and were on track for great things.
Now for the last 18 months they are all over the shop. I don't buy the argument of their form the end of LY. The season was gone before then and before that there was the embarresing press conference where they admitted they haven't handled the pressure as a group.... If that doesn't ring alarm bells at your administration I don't know what does. Leigh Matthews couldn't contain himself from laughing when the topic come up on air.

The common stat over the past 20 AFL seasons has been only 2 teams have won the premiership after not either winning a final or finishing 6th after the minor round the year prior to the premiership. Right now on that stat it looks like their best shot at a flag is 2018 but if you're just crossing your fingers and hoping are you better off finding someone else?
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Booney » Fri May 27, 2016 11:24 am

People keep saying "the talent is there", which I think it is and while talent wins games it's squads that win premierships.

Look at who the Swans and Hawks have had running around in the magoos over recent times, Mitchell struggled to get into the Sydney side for a stretch last year, Siciliy, Spangher ( good role player ), Hartung etc have had to bide their time at Glenferrie.

If and when we have our best team on the park I'll judge Ken on that, at the moment I'm questioning the talent development.

Gary Hocking was Magpies coach, so working with the likes of Amon, Ah Chee, S.Gray week to week...Cochrane and Surjan also.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7493 times
Been liked: 10776 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri May 27, 2016 12:02 pm

This year they have been struck with injury and bad luck, last year however it wasn't that bad (at least not worse than most other clubs).

Just seems to be more to it Boon, played footy as a scrubber for a long time and watched it for longer. something isn't right in the output and hasn't been right for a long time.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Mickyj » Fri May 27, 2016 6:04 pm

Booney wrote:People keep saying "the talent is there", which I think it is and while talent wins games it's squads that win premierships.

Look at who the Swans and Hawks have had running around in the magoos over recent times, Mitchell struggled to get into the Sydney side for a stretch last year, Siciliy, Spangher ( good role player ), Hartung etc have had to bide their time at Glenferrie.

If and when we have our best team on the park I'll judge Ken on that, at the moment I'm questioning the talent development.

Gary Hocking was Magpies coach, so working with the likes of Amon, Ah Chee, S.Gray week to week...Cochrane and Surjan also.

Let's look back two weeks ago in the SANFL the port side showed nothing and reverted to the old try and start a fight routine . While in years gone by the Eagles would have reacted .
Port had zero going on replayers ok they controlled the ball down back but turned it over really easy .
Last week ok port SANFL won
Do they have much in the SANFL because if they do wouldn't it be time to drop some AFL players to the SANFL
Land based Lure Bream Fisherman
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby whufc » Fri May 27, 2016 7:03 pm

Booney wrote:People keep saying "the talent is there", which I think it is and while talent wins games it's squads that win premierships.

Why??

When does any club ever have its best list on the park?

Didnt you say its squads that win premiership so shouldnt Kenny be judged on how he many the squad not just the best 21.

That post kind of contradicts itself.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2530 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Ruben Carter » Fri May 27, 2016 7:10 pm

Mickyj wrote:

Let's look back two weeks ago in the SANFL the port side showed nothing and reverted to the old try and start a fight routine . While in years gone by the Eagles would have reacted .
Port had zero going on replayers ok they controlled the ball down back but turned it over really easy .
Last week ok port SANFL won
Do they have much in the SANFL because if they do wouldn't it be time to drop some AFL players to the SANFL

I'm sure every non Port fan would love to see Hartlett, Robbie Gray maybe Travis Boak, Charlie Dixon dropped for hacks like Toumpas, Mitchell,Butcher,etc.
I'm also confident most Port fans would prefer to allow their better players the "luxury" of a few weeks to regain form, recover from ill health/injury etc.
Making wholesale changes in personnel given our poor depth is not the way to get better results IMO and reeks of crisis management.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Postby Grahaml » Fri May 27, 2016 7:22 pm

As a non Port person I'm darn happy to see Port continue to shuffle the odd fringe player hoping it fixes it. The problem is far deeper than the fringe players though, it's the key men in the midfield that aren't doing enough. I don't think Port need to drop all of them, but one underperforming key mid (1 of Ebert, Hartlett or Boak) would make the playing group sit up and take notice. They tried the pick and stick method, but that failed. Sure, the team will be weaker for 1 week but the lift from that decision could result in a boost that lasts the rest of the season. But sure, keep trying the same thing. Suits me fine.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby Ruben Carter » Fri May 27, 2016 7:26 pm

Give me one example in the AFL where that strategy has worked before...
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Postby JK » Fri May 27, 2016 7:38 pm

Ruben Carter wrote:Give me one example in the AFL where that strategy has worked before...

Travis Cloke? (Granted not quite the same thing)
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4460 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby amber_fluid » Fri May 27, 2016 8:04 pm

Good sides find a way to win regardless of personel that come in each week.
Hawthorn are still grinding out wins despite their injuries.

Port have the players they just don't seem to be playing for each other.
Ebert, Hartlett and Boak(even though his stats suggest otherwise) just don't seem their usual selves.
Polec, Broadbent, Jonas, Westhoff seem to be way off their best as well.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Ruben Carter » Fri May 27, 2016 10:05 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Good sides find a way to win regardless of personel that come in each week.
Hawthorn are still grinding out wins despite their injuries.

Port have the players they just don't seem to be playing for each other.
Ebert, Hartlett and Boak(even though his stats suggest otherwise) just don't seem their usual selves.
Polec, Broadbent, Jonas, Westhoff seem to be way off their best as well.

I agree with all that, and it is why we're not winning. However, good players don't lose their talent, just confidence. I have faith their form will return in good time.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Postby Ruben Carter » Fri May 27, 2016 10:08 pm

JK wrote:
Ruben Carter wrote:Give me one example in the AFL where that strategy has worked before...

Travis Cloke? (Granted not quite the same thing)

I'll concede that one.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL