Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby Boof » Mon May 23, 2016 5:42 pm

Luke15 wrote:
Boof wrote:Luke 15 McCarthy, Thomson and Frisby are all 18s playing up. Richards and Warman have been around for a few years now.
Flies currently have 23 lads out injured from the seniors.
Bradshaw and Maroney out for the season.

B grade average margin was 120 points this week and 1 of those games was a draw!!!

Thanks Boof, those Under 18s are they up to it and have deserved selection or just a simple case of the coach giving a young bloke a go?? Bradshaw and Marney out for season massive blows. Who.else is out at the Flies.

McCarthy an inside midfielder who works hard and will only get better given time.
Thomas Thomson is a first year U/18 who generally plays across half back. Has great skills and is as tough as they come.
His older brother has also played a few A grade games.
Frisby is a small forward who has some real football smarts, missed best part of 2 seasons through injuries in the juniors. But has finally got his body right.
All 3 deserve there places and will only get better given time.
To many names to mention here in regards to who is unavailable.
Bradshaw and Maroney are huge losses but that's footy, opens up opportunities for other players to grab a spot.
Flaggies and Brighton both looking very strong at present but as we all no it's a marathon not a sprint!
Boof
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Front & Centre » Mon May 23, 2016 7:57 pm

Boof wrote:Luke 15 McCarthy, Thomson and Frisby are all 18s playing up. Richards and Warman have been around for a few years now.
Flies currently have 23 lads out injured from the seniors.
Bradshaw and Maroney out for the season.

B grade average margin was 120 points this week and 1 of those games was a draw!!!

Bad luck to the flies with their injury toll - think Happy Valley numbers would be about the same. You never want to see injuries playing a part in a club's season. Without having any direct knowledge I would think none of ours are season ending but at same time could severely impact our ability to make finals.
Didn't catch the full game on Saturday but Noarlunga looked strong. Can't see them finishing out of top 4
Front & Centre
Rookie

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Dutchy » Mon May 23, 2016 9:29 pm

Seems a year of injuries, Flaggies not having a great run either.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3505 times

Postby jet-airport » Tue May 24, 2016 10:04 am

Dutchy wrote:Seems a year of injuries, Flaggies not having a great run either.

EVERY club has injuries, what that intern does, is test your Club depth, and the ability of the coaching staff to get the best out of some of the 18's and B grade footballers throughout a year.

Cant remember ever saying "WOW we had no injuries all year" it just doesn't happen, IMO some coaches/ clubs roll out the injuries excuse far too often.
Every club has injuries, retirements, weddings :? ,work, blokes that go overseas in the middle of footy season :lol: ( not naming names)...

NOTE; Winey's have had 36 or 37 players play A grade in the first 7 rounds, sitting 6-1, imagine that will get beyond 40 odd blokes by the time finals arrive.
This = Club Depth.
jet-airport
Rookie

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby marbles » Tue May 24, 2016 10:25 am

do you think anyone has noticed down at marion that they have only won 15 matches since 2010?

2016 - 0 wins
2015 - 4
2014 - 3
2013 - 2
2012 - 5
2011 - 1

15 wins out of 97 matches
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue May 24, 2016 11:55 am

marbles wrote:do you think anyone has noticed down at marion that they have only won 15 matches since 2010?

2016 - 0 wins
2015 - 4
2014 - 3
2013 - 2
2012 - 5
2011 - 1

I am sure they are ecstatic :roll:
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Down the Hill » Tue May 24, 2016 2:19 pm

marbles wrote:do you think anyone has noticed down at marion that they have only won 15 matches since 2010?

2016 - 0 wins
2015 - 4
2014 - 3
2013 - 2
2012 - 5
2011 - 1

Yet in a 10 season period from 1993 to 2002 would have comfortably won more matches than any other club in the same period. Several Minor Premierships in that period but just the one Premiership and 5 Grand Final losses (4 to Happy Valley). I believe their loss to Brighton on Saturday was their biggest A grade defeat in the clubs history.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Animus » Tue May 24, 2016 3:27 pm

Round 8 tips: 3 winless clubs to remain winless?

Latte squad over Sharks (& their WAGS) @ Brighton
Improving Shoes over the rudderless Saints @ Christies Beach
Up and down Emus to beat whatever Cobras team turns up @ Cove
Bushpigs to possibly break a scoring record against the Mutton from Marion @ Flagstaff Hill (forfeit now Marion and take the 10 goal loss)
Not so Happy Valley (how many clearances out lately?) playing winless Hawks @ Valley - i hope it's a draw but Vikings should win
U18 Flies over Stale Twisties @ Morphettville
Cockledivers over Lions in another waste of a perfectly good saturday arvo
Animus
Under 16s

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Luke15 » Tue May 24, 2016 4:22 pm

Animus wrote:Round 8 tips: 3 winless clubs to remain winless?

Latte squad over Sharks (& their WAGS) @ Brighton
Improving Shoes over the rudderless Saints @ Christies Beach
Up and down Emus to beat whatever Cobras team turns up @ Cove
Bushpigs to possibly break a scoring record against the Mutton from Marion @ Flagstaff Hill (forfeit now Marion and take the 10 goal loss)
Not so Happy Valley (how many clearances out lately?) playing winless Hawks @ Valley - i hope it's a draw but Vikings should win
U18 Flies over Stale Twisties @ Morphettville
Cockledivers over Lions in another waste of a perfectly good saturday arvo

Wow you sound Grumpy there Animus. I just saw all the clearances out of Valley. Not many of serious interest though. Mazey last years leading goal kicker maybe. I see a clearance for Daish back in to Valley was Denied. Why would you want this person back at your club.
Luke15
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby Animus » Tue May 24, 2016 4:45 pm

Maybe a little grumpy Luke15 haha

I had a quick look through the results so far this season and (going on scores alone) it looks like 8, maybe 9, of the 49 A-Grade games played so far in this league have been slightly competitive. Only 1 game in the last 2 weeks...
Animus
Under 16s

Postby Old man river » Tue May 24, 2016 5:32 pm

Animus wrote:Maybe a little grumpy Luke15 haha

I had a quick look through the results so far this season and (going on scores alone) it looks like 8, maybe 9, of the 49 A-Grade games played so far in this league have been slightly competitive. Only 1 game in the last 2 weeks...

So you were at evey Game then???? The score board doesn't always flatter the game in the general contest like when some one said dingy lost by 8 goals but we're up by a point at 3qtr time so unless you have been to everyone of them games keep useless comment to yourself thanks :)
Old man river
Mini-League

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Balaklava

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Tue May 24, 2016 9:45 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:

2016 - 0 wins
2015 - 4
2014 - 3
2013 - 2
2012 - 5
2011 - 1

I am sure they are ecstatic :roll:

If I am not mistaken, the Wilunga thirds didn't win ten games in a decade earlier this century
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Animus » Wed May 25, 2016 10:02 am

Old man river wrote:
Animus wrote:Maybe a little grumpy Luke15 haha

So you were at evey Game then???? The score board doesn't always flatter the game in the general contest like when some one said dingy lost by 8 goals but we're up by a point at 3qtr time so unless you have been to everyone of them games keep useless comment to yourself thanks :)

Not that i need to justify this dribble with a response, but i have seen 13 of the 14 teams play so far this season...
Animus
Under 16s

Postby Mister Footy » Wed May 25, 2016 11:36 am

Animus I agree with Luke you are grumpy and the one that is dribbling

Your comment about not so happy valley is complete garbage - club and players very happy with what BC has brought to the club. Facts are we have lost a few, Players were always going to leave after the shocker of a season we had last year - one of those that went has already come back :D

We also had some retirements and player that were going to retire get talked into playing for a mate in the GSFL - may be regretting that already :shock:

We have a big injury list and a young squad that BC is showing some faith in and developing our kids. And we have played some shocker games against Noarlunga and MVP.

HVFC wont win the flag this year but expect us to be strong again in 2017 :supz:
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby banterfordays » Wed May 25, 2016 7:26 pm

Mister Footy wrote:Animus I agree with Luke you are grumpy and the one that is dribbling

Your comment about not so happy valley is complete garbage - club and players very happy with what BC has brought to the club. Facts are we have lost a few, Players were always going to leave after the shocker of a season we had last year - one of those that went has already come back :D

We also had some retirements and player that were going to retire get talked into playing for a mate in the GSFL - may be regretting that already :shock:

We have a big injury list and a young squad that BC is showing some faith in and developing our kids. And we have played some shocker games against Noarlunga and MVP.

HVFC wont win the flag this year but expect us to be strong again in 2017 :supz:

define strong, for the record

Nothing about old man $$$$ not performing to his pay packet in reasons for a poor year MF?
banterfordays

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby twobob » Thu May 26, 2016 10:00 am

Mister Footy wrote:Animus I agree with Luke you are grumpy and the one that is dribbling

HVFC won't win the flag this year but expect us to be strong again in 2017 :supz:

Its a very slippery slope once you start sliding
twobob
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Wudinna United

Postby oneuponedown » Thu May 26, 2016 12:08 pm

banterfordays wrote:

define strong, for the record

Nothing about old man $$$$ not performing to his pay packet in reasons for a poor year MF?

Looking at the draw to come...... Its Pretty hard to win the flag from 9th!! Money well spent??
oneuponedown
Rookie

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Meningie

Postby Dirk Tazelaar » Thu May 26, 2016 12:56 pm

Animus wrote:

Not that i need to justify this dribble with a response, but i have seen 13 of the 14 teams play so far this season...

Why have you seen so many SFL games Animus? I thought you were more of a Div 8 Reserves in SAAFL kind of guy ;)
The revolution is just a t-shirt away
Dirk Tazelaar
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Animus » Thu May 26, 2016 2:16 pm

Lol welcome back Dirk :-)
Animus
Under 16s

Postby Mister Footy » Fri May 27, 2016 1:11 pm

Player you are referring to making good contribution the club in general. One player doesn't win you a game
Cant see us finishing outside of SF in 2017 and having some familiar faces on the track
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL