Tea Tree Gully
3%
Unley Mercedes Jets
9%

Total votes : 35

Re: 2016 C9AFL Div 7

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 27, 2016 12:32 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:

Yes you may be, but it's all about beating up on C grade clubs that makes a club better.

Distinct lack of emoji there Mr. B.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri May 27, 2016 12:33 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:

Yes you may be, but it's all about beating up on C grade clubs that makes a club better.

Distinct lack of emoji there Mr. B.

I'm too stoic for emoticons :neutral:
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby The Bedge » Fri May 27, 2016 12:37 pm

marbles wrote:well yea, you were piss poor frail and shakey

you came to div 7 all your soldiers got on board cos it was a piss easy season everyone cheered and danced around in joy cos you beat cgraders, and now your once again a rock solid football club

whats not to comprehend that you were nursed into rehabilitation off the back of playing cgrade clubs :shock:

Go over and do some homework - Ingle Farm did the bulk of their recruiting in D6, but struggled to win games despite significant improvement, and depth hurt, in the end faded and ended in relegation zone.. Were only 1 or 2 wins away from avoiding. tough div where the top 7 sides all won 10/18 or more.

We didn't bring very many (if any) into the side in D7 - most of the squad was home grown Ingle Farm players.. so not sure what soliders you think got onboard..
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby marbles » Fri May 27, 2016 12:41 pm

Zartan wrote:

you came to div 7 all your soldiers got on board cos it was a piss easy season everyone cheered and danced around in joy cos you beat cgraders, and now your once again a rock solid football club

whats not to comprehend that you were nursed into rehabilitation off the back of playing cgrade clubs :shock:

Go over and do some homework - Ingle Farm did the bulk of their recruiting in D6, but struggled to win games despite significant improvement, and depth hurt, in the end faded and ended in relegation zone.. Were only 1 or 2 wins away from avoiding. tough div where the top 7 sides all won 10/18 or more.

We didn't bring very many (if any) into the side in D7 - most of the squad was home grown Ingle Farm players.. so not sure what soliders you think got onboard..

yes son, no worries son
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby hulkamania » Fri May 27, 2016 12:56 pm

marbles wrote:
Zartan wrote:

yes son, no worries son

marbles never lets the truth get in the way of a good story
hulkamania
Rookie

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Q. » Fri May 27, 2016 1:04 pm

hulkamania wrote:
marbles wrote:
Zartan wrote:

yes son, no worries son

marbles never lets the truth get in the way of a good story

and he never let his lack of footballing ability get in the way of his ambition :lol:
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times

Postby marbles » Fri May 27, 2016 1:31 pm

ok let us study the current state of div 7

# we have a div 4 club who nearly closed its doors, the saafl gave it a lifeline and put it on a drip in "div 7", things are improving now their wounds are healing in the nursery

# we have 2 c-grade clubs in their first year playing against agraders, but have spent the last 5 years smashing cgrade club only and now that they are in a nursery div where the survival of agrade clubs is most important, they are having a big whinge cos its looking like theyll have no chance against the nursing powerhouse

# then you have a dgrade adelaide uni

# then the remaining Agraders are all for whatever reason far from flourishing, are in the red zone, hanging on with bare minimum, but thankfully this nursery division allows them to float away from the big boys of div 6

# then you have the all mighty falcons who were party central of the comp in recent memory and now are probably struggling to get players to even bother being pawns in a nursery div

Nursery: A place in which something is produced, fostered, or developed.

NEXT YEAR: the same will occur for Fitzroy

THIS YEAR: Last year's success story of div 7 has already given up in div 6 and would likely come back to nursery div 7 right now if it was asked, why because the demographics of its club and lack of ambition to pay players causes it to remain frail at all times

frail clubs belong in div 7 - deal with it
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri May 27, 2016 1:47 pm

marbles wrote:ok let us study the current state of div 7

# we have a div 4 club who nearly closed its doors, the saafl gave it a lifeline and put it on a drip in "div 7", things are improving now their wounds are healing in the nursery

# we have 2 c-grade clubs in their first year playing against agraders, but have spent the last 5 years smashing cgrade club only and now that they are in a nursery div where the survival of agrade clubs is most important, they are having a big whinge cos its looking like theyll have no chance against the nursing powerhouse

# then you have a dgrade adelaide uni

# then the remaining Agraders are all for whatever reason far from flourishing, are in the red zone, hanging on with bare minimum, but thankfully this nursery division allows them to float away from the big boys of div 6

# then you have the all mighty falcons who were party central of the comp in recent memory and now are probably struggling to get players to even bother being pawns in a nursery div

Nursery: A place in which something is produced, fostered, or developed.

NEXT YEAR: the same will occur for Fitzroy

THIS YEAR: Last year's success story of div 7 has already given up in div 6 and would likely come back to nursery div 7 right now if it was asked, why because the demographics of its club and lack of ambition to pay players causes it to remain frail at all times

frail clubs belong in div 7 - deal with it

Huh? Who are you talking about? There's one C Grade club bloke and a little bloke from a D6 club that's got more opinions than Carro Wilson.
PAOC aren't whinging. Like Uni, we agreed to go wherever they put us so we could fit 6 teams onto one oval
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 27, 2016 1:50 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Huh? Who are you talking about? There's one C Grade club bloke and a little bloke from a D6 club that's got more opinions than Carro Wilson.
PAOC aren't whinging. Like Uni, we agreed to go wherever they put us so we could fit 6 teams onto one oval

Please stop littering this thread with facts or common sense.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri May 27, 2016 2:07 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:There's one C Grade club bloke and a little bloke from a D6 club that's got more opinions than Carro Wilson.

If you're referring to me then thanks! I haven't been called little since the last time I could see my toes :lol: :D
The Bedge
Coach

Postby morell » Fri May 27, 2016 2:25 pm

marbles wrote:THIS YEAR: Last year's success story of div 7 has already given up in div 6 and would likely come back to nursery div 7 right now if it was asked, why because the demographics of its club and lack of ambition to pay players causes it to remain frail at all times
I have to assume you're not talking about Mitchell Park because...

1. We're doing absolutely everything humanly possible to stay in D6. We see it as critical and do not want to go to D7 ever again.
2. We offer small incentives to a couple of players which would constitute "paying".

So as usual, you're waaaaaayyyyyy off.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri May 27, 2016 2:29 pm

Zartan wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:There's one C Grade club bloke and a little bloke from a D6 club that's got more opinions than Carro Wilson.

If you're referring to me then thanks! I haven't been called little since the last time I could see my toes :lol: :D

No; Tyrion Lannister from Vikingville
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby jo172 » Fri May 27, 2016 6:03 pm

For what it's worth every year someone has to come last, someone has to come first. It's hardly a systemic issue. The system might be flawed if Salisbury West were to elect to stay in D7 next year, but failing that it all is what it is.

Think everyone agrees that in an ideal world the League would have exactly 70 Clubs, but failing that if some clubs that potentially have a lot to offer their local communities can get back on their feet, while exposing development groups at some of the stronger clubs to harder competition gives everyone the best of both worlds.

SW is clearly an anomaly considering North Pines, Central United, St Pauls etc. Wouldn't waste energy worrying about it.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby hulkamania » Fri May 27, 2016 8:49 pm

marbles wrote:ok let us study the current state of div 7

div7.JPG
div7.JPG (33.36 KiB) Viewed 2180 times

what i see is 1 team that finished 2nd to bottom last year with 1 team, recruited and did some work behind the scenes to resurrect a club.

followed by 3 C grade teams, 2 who have been recently promoted.

all 4 of those clubs would be happy where theyre at, regardless of your worthless opinon. Div 7 is just like any other division where clubs get promoted, relegated and face challenges (entering the league, players leaving and not fielding 2 teams, financial challenges etc)

in summary, http://safooty.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=41150.

Thanks marbles.
hulkamania
Rookie

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Jetters » Fri May 27, 2016 10:27 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:

Please stop littering this thread with facts or common sense.

We are very happy to be in div 7 and have no problems with Salisbury West in div 7 either.

My points are pretty simple and i wouldnt have thought very controversial or sinister.

If a team requests and chooses to drop grades below what normal promo/relegation dictates, there should be restriction on players who chose to leave then return.

Otherwise, we are in a situation which a grade becomes unessarily and unfairly imbalanced and most importantly, we can all see how history will repeat itself by choosing the same players and path which caused the original problem. We just continue the cycle
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Logical Thinker » Sat May 28, 2016 11:49 am

Sorry too break up the party... Ive played at SW since I was 7, long time viewer first time posting. Not here for an argument... but I have some facts for you all..
1. Salisbury West only have 2 returning players from our 2014 season played A grade vs Unley, 10 of those players that beat Unley played last season with 2 out injured.
2. We we never asked to stay in Div 3 as they didnt want another "Kilburn" incident were the b grade forfeits and the a grade lose by 150 points.. Our options once our 55 player list (12 were denied coz they havent played 3 games in two years) wasnt up to standards was either C1 or Div 7 with north pines as our b grade... I admit it looks shit dropping 4 grades (believe me I was spewing) AND YOUR ALL ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINION, but we havent re-recruited.. other than the 12 mentioned above the remaining 9 from the weekend either played b grade football at other clubs last season or Salisbury West ex juniors..
Logical Thinker
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Sat May 28, 2016 6:00 pm

Flinders in a thriller over the units who came back hard through the last quarter and a half. CU were in front with three minutes to go only to lose by 7 with a goal after the siren by the crabs
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Sat May 28, 2016 6:15 pm

Flinders got in front with 90 seconds to go. A 30-40 metre kick to the forward pocket landed fair square on the top of a CU players head. It bobbed up straight To a crab who crumbed the ball for a sausage.

I hope someone got it for almost footy ledgends
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Arch44 » Sun May 29, 2016 9:41 am

Esteban Vihaio wrote:Flinders got in front with 90 seconds to go. A 30-40 metre kick to the forward pocket landed fair square on the top of a CU players head. It bobbed up straight To a crab who crumbed the ball for a sausage.

I hope someone got it for almost footy ledgends

I'd love some one foreign to footy to read that explanation of what happened. They would have no idea and would be amusing watching them.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 30, 2016 11:00 am

Logical Thinker wrote:Sorry too break up the party... Ive played at SW since I was 7, long time viewer first time posting. Not here for an argument... but I have some facts for you all..
1. Salisbury West only have 2 returning players from our 2014 season played A grade vs Unley, 10 of those players that beat Unley played last season with 2 out injured.
2. We we never asked to stay in Div 3 as they didnt want another "Kilburn" incident were the b grade forfeits and the a grade lose by 150 points.. Our options once our 55 player list (12 were denied coz they havent played 3 games in two years) wasnt up to standards was either C1 or Div 7 with north pines as our b grade... I admit it looks shit dropping 4 grades (believe me I was spewing) AND YOUR ALL ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINION, but we havent re-recruited.. other than the 12 mentioned above the remaining 9 from the weekend either played b grade football at other clubs last season or Salisbury West ex juniors..

Wouldn't have even been any discussion on here about Salis West if your B grade coach kept his mouth shut :D
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League