HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby Grumpy Old B » Sat May 28, 2016 9:40 pm

The Cloak wrote:Heard it happened at 1/2 time when umpire was trying to take a whizz (umpys must share the toilet and showers with the home team ??).

Raises the question how many other oval facilities have the umpys change withro the players ?

The umps don't change with the players at Echunga the have to use their showers & toilets though. Mt Lofty is the only other club were umps haven't got their own facilities, there they share with the away teams. Uris up over The Dorfs today, perhaps their heads were already in September. Heard a Uri player deliberately exposed himself to the crowd at the club rooms. Absolute disgrace if true :shock:
Grumpy Old B

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby wazzal77 » Sun May 29, 2016 11:16 am

If I were Hahndorf would be disappointed at losing but would not want to go through the whole year undefeated.. May do the team well and dies the comp a favour. If it is true that a Uraidla player exposed himself then that is indefensible. Footy has moved on from foul behaviour like that and the HFL should be investigating without hesitation (HFL officials reading this?) and suspending the player and fining the club. It is actually exposing himself in public so the police could also be involved.
wazzal77
Rookie

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Punches » Sun May 29, 2016 1:15 pm

100% true that number 35 from Uraidla exposed himself to a quite large crowd of past Hahndorf players and their family's
Punches
Mini-League

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Sun May 29, 2016 1:30 pm

[quote="Punches"]100% true that number 35 from Uraidla exposed himself to a quite large crowd of past Hahndorf players and
Not good, but quite ironic given his name.
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Armytank » Mon May 30, 2016 11:07 am

Footy Chick wrote:
The Big Shrek wrote:The allegations as reported included an assertion he obtained a benifit for the football club.

I've heard rumours there were some well paid indigeneous is players when he was coach. One can hardly avoid suspecting that there was a connection.

Only you could put allegedly in one sentence and then follow it up with unfounded rumours.

I would have thought that now he has pleaded guilty that "allegedly" is no longer required.

And whilst they are rumours to the use of the funds, they are definitely not "unfounded"
I hate Full Back.....................
Armytank
Under 18s

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby The Cloak » Mon May 30, 2016 11:47 am

BoundaryRider84 wrote:
Punches wrote:100% true that number 35 from Uraidla exposed himself to a quite large crowd of past Hahndorf players and

As it occurred well behind the play, I'm hearing that a club report has been submitted to the HFL this morning against the alleged player 'Biggus Dickus'
The Cloak
Mini-League

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Coober Pedy

Postby Corona Man » Mon May 30, 2016 11:52 am

The Cloak wrote:
BoundaryRider84 wrote:
Punches wrote:100% true that number 35 from Uraidla exposed himself to a quite large crowd of past Hahndorf players and

As it occurred well behind the play, I'm hearing that a club report has been submitted to the HFL this morning against the alleged player 'Biggus Dickus'

It happened on the ground? - :shock:
I was imagining an after game scenario. "Moon" out the door of the change rooms perhaps.
So was this "full package" on display?
If so that is very, very ordinary.....Cabbage Cutters.... Cabbage Brains perhaps!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby The Cloak » Mon May 30, 2016 12:44 pm

Corona Man wrote:
The Cloak wrote:
BoundaryRider84 wrote:

It happened on the ground? - :shock:
I was imagining an after game scenario. "Moon" out the door of the change rooms perhaps.
So was this "full package" on display?
If so that is very, very ordinary.....Cabbage Cutters.... Cabbage Brains perhaps!

Put it this way, if the police were to draw a sketch of the offender from witnesses accounts, it would be clean shaven !
The Cloak
Mini-League

Postby overthehill » Mon May 30, 2016 12:49 pm

Grumpy Old B wrote:
The Cloak wrote:Heard it happened at 1/2 time when umpire was trying to take a whizz (umpys must share the toilet and showers with the home team ??).

Raises the question how many other oval facilities have the umpys change withro the players ?

The umps don't change with the players at Echunga the have to use their showers & toilets though. Mt Lofty is the only other club were umps haven't got their own facilities, there they share with the away teams. Uris up over The Dorfs today, perhaps their heads were already in September. Heard a Uri player deliberately exposed himself to the crowd at the club rooms. Absolute disgrace if true :shock:

If this is true its an absolute disgrace . I know for a fact that the HFL forced the Mt Barker football club to cut a hole through the wall of the old canteen so the umpires could have direct access to shower and toilet facilities. How is it a different set of rules for Echunga vs other clubs?
With the occurrence of this incident will there be a change enforced or will the lawyers be called in again?
overthehill
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby The Cloak » Mon May 30, 2016 1:13 pm

overthehill wrote:
Grumpy Old B wrote:

If this is true its an absolute disgrace . I know for a fact that the HFL forced the Mt Barker football club to cut a hole through the wall of the old canteen so the umpires could have direct access to shower and toilet facilities. How is it a different set of rules for Echunga vs other clubs?
With the occurrence of this incident will there be a change enforced or will the lawyers be called in again?

There is noise that lawyers may be getting involved which is a pathetic outcome if true.

Interesting point there Over The Hill, if Mt Barker have been forced to improve facilities then why not Echunga and Heathfield too ?
The Cloak
Mini-League

Postby Corona Man » Mon May 30, 2016 1:25 pm

^ its a strange set of circumstances for sure. Consider an oval like Birdwood. The umpires rooms are a good distance away from the players rooms. So if a coach at say half time made a remark that could gave been deemed "offensive" to the umpires.... they would never know. However at Echunga, and by the sounds of it Mt Barker they are in earshot it would seem. I was discussing this scenario with a very experienced ex SANFL & country ump on the weekend. I couldn't understand how any coach could be charged with making a remark about the umps "if that is what happened" in the supposed sanctuary of his own change rooms. The explanation I was given is the officiating umpires have "full control" over all aspects of play that day, both on and off the field. Even from before the first siren of the day until past post match festivities. Makes sense too. Imagine if an umpy, who came into the club rooms for a beer post match was "set upon" by club officials or supporters.

I can't help but think that a little communication here goes a long way. Perhaps a chat after the game (when things have cooled down) with the coach is a better way to deal with it, than to file a report, and simply leave the ground?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby overthehill » Mon May 30, 2016 1:39 pm

Not sure if that was a legitimate statement or tongue in cheek?
Either way I disagree 100%...... i'm guessing the tribunal did too
overthehill
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby Corona Man » Mon May 30, 2016 1:43 pm

overthehill wrote:Not sure if that was a legitimate statement or tongue in cheek?
Either way I disagree 100%...... i'm guessing the tribunal did too

Which bit?
Corona Man
Coach

Postby The Cloak » Mon May 30, 2016 1:48 pm

Corona Man wrote:^ its a strange set of circumstances for sure. Consider an oval like Birdwood. The umpires rooms are a good distance away from the players rooms. So if a coach at say half time made a remark that could gave been deemed "offensive" to the umpires.... they would never know. However at Echunga, and by the sounds of it Mt Barker they are in earshot it would seem. I was discussing this scenario with a very experienced ex SANFL & country ump on the weekend. I couldn't understand how any coach could be charged with making a remark about the umps "if that is what happened" in the supposed sanctuary of his own change rooms. The explanation I was given is the officiating umpires have "full control" over all aspects of play that day, both on and off the field. Even from before the first siren of the day until past post match festivities. Makes sense too. Imagine if an umpy, who came into the club rooms for a beer post match was "set upon" by club officials or supporters.

I can't help but think that a little communication here goes a long way. Perhaps a chat after the game (when things have cooled down) with the coach is a better way to deal with it, than to file a report, and simply leave the ground?

Just thinking through this one a little further, the bigger issue is who is sharing facilities with who ? Moot point about the he said, she said stuff, the bigger issue is why the HFL appears to accept adults sharing bathroom facilities with minors ? (Cause this is what would happen when I assume an umpire would shower after a junior game).

This is a significant risk for not only the junior players, but also the umpires. Then there is the issue at Heathfield with the male umpires sharing the Showers with the females !!! Guess the umpires may enjoy the senior women's, but how's that gonna go with the u/18's, many of who would be minors.

Surprised this stuff hasn't been raised in the past ??
The Cloak
Mini-League

Postby Corona Man » Mon May 30, 2016 1:52 pm

The Cloak wrote:
Corona Man wrote:^ its a strange set of circumstances for sure. Consider an oval like Birdwood. The umpires rooms are a good distance away from the players rooms. So if a coach at say half time made a remark that could gave been deemed "offensive" to the umpires.... they would never know. However at Echunga, and by the sounds of it Mt Barker they are in earshot it would seem. I was discussing this scenario with a very experienced ex SANFL & country ump on the weekend. I couldn't understand how any coach could be charged with making a remark about the umps "if that is what happened" in the supposed sanctuary of his own change rooms. The explanation I was given is the officiating umpires have "full control" over all aspects of play that day, both on and off the field. Even from before the first siren of the day until past post match festivities. Makes sense too. Imagine if an umpy, who came into the club rooms for a beer post match was "set upon" by club officials or supporters.

Just thinking through this one a little further, the bigger issue is who is sharing facilities with who ? Moot point about the he said, she said stuff, the bigger issue is why the HFL appears to accept adults sharing bathroom facilities with minors ? (Cause this is what would happen when I assume an umpire would shower after a junior game).

This is a significant risk for not only the junior players, but also the umpires. Then there is the issue at Heathfield with the male umpires sharing the Showers with the females !!! Guess the umpires may enjoy the senior women's, but how's that gonna go with the u/18's, many of who would be minors.

Surprised this stuff hasn't been raised in the past ??

Fair call - I hadn't considered that (minors) aspect.

I agree he said she said is all in the past. I was commenting more on the circumstances of the officiating umpires "powers" to report. Something I wasn't aware of, and I suspect other were not aware of either.
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Omron » Mon May 30, 2016 9:25 pm

What's the go with no Echunga players having a beer with Ironbank on Saturday in their own clubrooms. I hear there were more Ironbank people having a drink after the game than locals.
Omron
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby TheBull » Tue May 31, 2016 2:06 pm

Omron wrote:What's the go with no Echunga players having a beer with Ironbank on Saturday in their own clubrooms. I hear there were more Ironbank people having a drink after the game than locals.

Rats off a sinking ship. Div 2 bound

Tips

Lofty over what's left on the ship
Lobey by 5 goal
Handorf by plenty bouncing back after last week (only game we will lose)
Onkas in a tight affair
Barker by plenty of Uri
TheBull
Mini-League

Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby wazzal77 » Tue May 31, 2016 2:22 pm

Will Div 2 have Echunga back?! A town of their size Div 2 is probably a better fit for them if we have to be honest. Not good for a club when they are getting beaten quite convincingly in most grades most weeks. People lose interest quite quickly (its then financially a slippery slope).

On the umps sharing facilities they would all have police clearances to ensure that they can be around minors ... it would happen across the state I would imagine. But seems odd a club was 'mandated' to make changes and yet other clubs arent...but I get the sense that odd and HFL go hand in hand.

Didnt hear any more about the inappropriate flashing by the Uraidla player? I hope he has been summonsed to appear at the HFL and gets 2 - 4 weeks and is made to apologise. No league can have that stuff 'flying' around..

TheBull I think your tips are on the money, but not certain about Hahndorf over Torrens Valley.. I reckon the Lions will get up and finish the end of the Full Round top of the table... Are Uraidla now about to make their move into the top 5 bound again for another tilt in finals footy...?
wazzal77
Rookie

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby footytragic001971 » Tue May 31, 2016 3:01 pm

Interesting observations wazz.
Hahndorf were pretty disappointing on the weekend. Having said that Uraidla were very good!
Torrens Valley are a very good side with good players on every line.
Will be a good contest. Close I reckon.
footytragic001971
Rookie

Been liked: 10 times

Postby theduck » Tue May 31, 2016 4:08 pm

Tipping hahndorf to bounce back with a 5 goal win over TV. In saying that, if TV can stop hourigan then they will win. No hourigan no hahndorf it seems
theduck
Mini-League

Been liked: 2 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy