Woodville South
14%

Total votes : 91

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 30, 2016 12:22 pm

D6R Ladder at the halfway point:
d6R.JPG
d6R.JPG (30.36 KiB) Viewed 3635 times
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4000 times

Postby Arch44 » Mon May 30, 2016 12:37 pm

Zartan wrote:D6R Ladder at the halfway point:
d6R.JPG

Are you being lazy Zartan and not doing the weekly write up or is only when your team wins? ;)
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 30, 2016 12:40 pm

Arch44 wrote:
d6R.JPG

Are you being lazy Zartan and not doing the weekly write up or is only when your team wins? ;)

Oooh shots fired! :lol:

On that theory guess you'll just have to wait until next Monday for my next write up :twisted:

To be honest, I'm still emotional about our loss Saturday and not sure I really have the energy today haha!
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Arch44 » Mon May 30, 2016 12:45 pm

Zartan wrote:
Arch44 wrote:
d6R.JPG

Oooh shots fired! :lol:

On that theory guess you'll just have to wait until next Monday for my next write up :twisted:

To be honest, I'm still emotional about our loss Saturday and not sure I really have the energy today haha!

Cmon ya big sook, no point dwelling on it, but feel free to miss a lot of goals this week too.
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 30, 2016 1:07 pm

Arch44 wrote:Cmon ya big sook, no point dwelling on it, but feel free to miss a lot of goals this week too.

I'll do it later
The Bedge
Coach

Postby the milky bar kid » Mon May 30, 2016 1:14 pm

So much flirtatious banter! :lol:
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Arch44 » Mon May 30, 2016 1:28 pm

the milky bar kid wrote:So much flirtatious banter! :lol:

You should have heard Zartan when we played cricket against each other last season and I Walked out to bat. It was the nicest sledging I've ever heard :lol:
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 30, 2016 1:51 pm

Arch44 wrote:

You should have heard Zartan when we played cricket against each other last season and I Walked out to bat. It was the nicest sledging I've ever heard :lol:

:lol: I'm sure young D'Aloia enjoyed the lip I gave him also - almost looked ready to cry as he wandered back past me a couple balls later :twisted:

#CanSledge
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Arch44 » Mon May 30, 2016 2:22 pm

Zartan wrote:
Arch44 wrote:

:lol: I'm sure young D'Aloia enjoyed the lip I gave him also - almost looked ready to cry as he wandered back past me a couple balls later :twisted:

#CanSledge

Sledging and send offs are too different things. :lol:
The result is all that matters any way ;)
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby Harry49 » Mon May 30, 2016 3:20 pm

Arch44 wrote:
Zartan wrote:
Arch44 wrote:

#CanSledge

Sledging and send offs are too different things.
The result is all that matters any way ;)

The only sledging i ever got from Zartan was about my ex, he certainly does his research....... Its quite humorous seeing his face when you actually start hitting runs against him after he's sledged the S*** out of ya! :lol:
Harry49
Rookie

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 30, 2016 3:43 pm

D6 Fixture Round 10:
Brahma Lodge v West Croydon: Arguably the most interesting match of the round. Despite both coming off strong wins, these two sides are beginning to show signs of vulnerability. West Croydon's depth beginning to be tested, but it is still standing up to the test of opposition - will it stand up against a more formidable opponent though? Sumner continues to firm for back to back medals, whilst surely Woodcock would be polling well also. Campbell was promoted to the A grade on the weekend and didn't disappoint - helping himself to 4 majors in a best a field performance. Brahma Lodge were ruthless against Adelaide Lutheran, with Aloisi leading the way with 6, supported by Sobels with 5. An interesting match up this, with two teams that enjoy scoring freely. In Round 1 it was West Croydon by 53 points, but they are a fraction weaker than then, and Brahma's narrow oval may hinder their ability to transition the ball out the open side and generate their quick ball movement forward. Despite being under-strength I think the Hawks will continue on their merry way, and the loss to Brahma puts them in serious danger of falling back with the rapidly closing pack.

Ingle Farm v Fitzroy: The Farmers host the Roys in this clash, and will be eager to right the wrongs of the past week. Leading for the larger percentage of the day, the Farmers were unable to sustain their effort over 4 quarters and were over run by Woodville South, losing the coveted 2nd position and remaining a game clear in 3rd. Captain Bryant was scintillating once more for the Farmers, and along with the small brigade of Pope, Buck and Pryor they're really beginning to play consistent footy. Manuel has called on Keogh as his chief defender to shut out the forwards all year, and he will have a big challenge on his hands this week with either Cotter or Dixon likely to lineup forward. Dixon made the most of his call up from the B grade Saturday, kicking 6 goals for the Roys as they roared to a 46 point victory over finals hopeful Houghton. Smith, Skeer and Avery provided the ammunition for the Lions attack, and Wheadon with 4 goals proved pivotal alongside Dixon. The win gets Fitzroy back within range of avoiding relegation, but they'll need to find an extra gear again this week on the larger Rowe Park to claim 2 points here. Ingle farm should bounce back with a win here.

Mitchell Park v Mawson Lakes: Mitchell Park languishing on the bottom of the ladder, in serious danger of losing touch and being relegated will be out to prove a point. Desperate to stay in D6, the Lions have played good footy in patches this year - matched it with the best at times - but their inability to sustain that effort over 4 quarters has them where they are. Power is proving a useful pick up, with the centreman once again amongst the best, while Ball Sack bounced back to form and Battersby worked tirelessly. Mawson Lakes travelled out to Trinity and suffered a 43 point defeat. The score could've been much worse had TOS kicked straight or if it hadn't been for the efforts of Bruce-Gordon, Phillips and Delbridge for the Saints. An interesting unit Mawson Lakes, at times they appear as good as the rest - other times as equally poor. From one long travel to Trinity followed up with another out South, this will test the Mozzies. I cant see this being a high scoring encounter, as two sides grit their teeth and go to war over 2 points. Mitchell Park are a better unit at home, and should reverse the round 1 result.

Trinity OS v Houghton: Round 1 would still be hurting the TOSser's as they travelled to Houghton and came up 8 points short. A game they would've banked on winning heading into it I'm sure. One thing is for certain, they wont take the Raiders as lightly this time around, and for Houghton this match couldn't come at a worse time. Trinity have been progressively building over the past few games - a draw against the invincible West Croydon, backed up with a solid victory at the weekend, has the Lions right back amongst the action. Clarke and Perry proving good foils up forward for Cotter and Zorich, as the Trinity side appears to finally be finding some balance to its side and cohesion to its players. Houghton on the flip side have been battling injuries all season and are on a rapid downhill spiral as their season begins to slip away. Fitzgerald did his best on the weekend, taking his B grade form into the 1's, and Glanville, Bray and Dolan provided crucial goal scoring options. Unfortunately a 2nd quarter lapse which saw the Raiders concede 5 unanswered goals effectively ended what hopes they had last Saturday. A long trip up Main North Rd, made even longer when you are battling towards the break, Houghton will be hoping for a competitive effort here, but I think it'll be TOS by plenty.

Woodville South v Adelaide Lutheran: This game could spell trouble for Adelaide Lutheran, as they run into the rampant Woody South. The Cats flexed their muscles Saturday and stamped their premiership credentials, whilst a sleeping giant in Ahmed finally woke from his slumber, booting 8 and terrorising the Ingle Farm side. The Cats were put on the back foot early as the Farmers went on the attack, but after the break showed their class to steady and claw their way back, before putting it beyond doubt. Economou, Bianchi and Hains supported Ahmed and the Cats fed him with immense supply all day. Adelaide Lutheran on the other hand are coming off a 83 point walloping at the hands of Brahma Lodge. Another side limping to the break, the Dogs will be hoping to stay with the Cats this week as best they can. Koenig will need greater support, while the Borgas boys will have their hands full down back containing the Cats forward line. Cant see this one ending well for the Dogs, and I think Woody South will romp in a percentage boosting win, to head into the break scratching at the heels of the Hawks.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby the milky bar kid » Mon May 30, 2016 4:01 pm

Scintillating

adjective
animated; vivacious; effervescent:
a scintillating personality.
witty; brilliantly clever:
a scintillating conversationalist; a play full of scintillating dialogue.

not sure about this
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 30, 2016 4:10 pm

D6R Fixture Round 10:
Brahma Lodge v West Croydon:Brahma Lodge roared back into form on the weekend, demolishing the struggling Adelaide Lutheran to the tune of 109 points. Whilst keeping the Dogs to just 1 goal, Brahma piled on 18 of the best, led by Lehman with 9 and Nelson kicking 6 - a site all to familiar over the couple of seasons out at Tigerland. Taylor impressed with form, while Gehlken would surely be leading the Brahma B&F at the moment. Their opponent West Croydon continue to get the job done, and despite being grossly understrength Saturday did enough to come up with the victory. Weetra happily filled the void left by Campbell with 4 majors, while the experience of Bottrell, Calvell and Sawtell saw the Hawks stay true to form. An interesting game looms this week, if the Hawks can strengthen their B grade for this one, they'll be tough to beat, while Brahma are facing them at the right time and will be confident of reversing the 3 goal loss in Round 1. Brahma should win at home, but will come down to whether the Hawks can curb the influence of Lehman and Nelson.

Ingle Farm v Fitzroy: Celebrations a plenty Saturday night down at the 'Roys as the royvelution finally claimed it's first victim in the B grade, to go along with Nelson's 350th and the A grade victory. The Lions slowly increased their lead all day, young Robinson helped himself to a game high 4 goals which Brady, Smart and Kayal were pivotal. Fitzroy appear to be getting more youth through their B grade in recent weeks, and maybe, just maybe there are some big things to come from the 'Roys in the coming 9 rounds. Ingle Farm on the other hand will be kicking themselves this week, and poor kicking cost them an unlikely victory over the mighty Cats from Woodville South. 6 goals 20 and losing by 12 points hurts - particularly after kicking 15 behinds against Houghton the week before. The Farmers have now dropped two games at home by 12 points and 7 points - instead of sitting amongst the top sides, remain in a desperate battle for 5th place, holding on by percentage alone. A big week coming up for the Farmers, they'll be eager to rectify their poor kicking and send a strong message with a big result - but Arch does hold a strange curse over Zartan, and Ingle Farm are equally as likely to drop this game as they are to bring their best.

Mitchell Park v Mawson Lakes: The Lions host the Saints, and in Round 1 it was Mitchell Park victorious by some 26 points. Both sides look a lot different now, Mawson Lakes have found a bit more consistency and are finally getting some better sides on the paddock but still are struggling to gain the 2 points. Bolstered by their Para Hills recruits, the Lakes aren't without a chance if they can get it together. Mitchell Park whilst competitive were unable to get over the line against the under manned West Croydon Saturday. A grade injuries and unavailability is hindering the Lions, but they should be supremely confident heading into this match. Wilson continues his rich goal kicking form, collecting 6 on the weekend, while Logan, Schocroft and Paterson worked hard all day. Morell will be hopeful of strengthening his side this week, and will be eager to bank 2 points as he continues to mount a case for the 5. Like the A grade, I expect a low scoring contest, but the Lions at home should prove too strong.

Trinity OS v Houghton: I'll make a call.. TOS will finish top 3 by seasons end. The Trinity side has struggled for consistency this year and fielding a full strength side, but have secured wins when required, and their run through this middle patch is as favourable as any. They'll be eager to bank another win this week against a depleted Houghton, and with their superior percentage to others, they will set themselves nicely for a big second half. Fraser, Cavallaro and Eves did their part on the weekend, and will no doubt be strong considerations to hold their spots, while Schaper proved that no Krieg is no worries, kicking 3 majors in a low scoring encounter. Over at Houghton its the Starr show, returning from a week off, Starr picked up where he left off, kicking 5 of the Raiders 8 as they failed to secure victory. Mentha, Kerrigan and Kroepsch continued their good form, but their inability to keep a consistent side on the park is hurting Houghton. With a break after this week, the Raiders will be hoping to get some back for the remaining games, but this week looms as a serious thrashing if they cant produce a 4 quarter effort.

Woodville South v Adelaide Lutheran: Woody South got a bit of a scare on the weekend, but class shone through to claim the points against Ingle Farm. Middleditch and Todd proved critical late in the game to secure the win. My first chance to see the Cats personally, their foot skills were superb all day, rarely wasting the ball, and strong on the inside - they would be favourites for the flag in my book. They should enjoy an easier week, up against an Adelaide Lutheran side who were obliterated by Brahma Lodge at the weekend. The Dogs are struggling, and in danger of losing touch with the top 5. Dreckow their only goal kicker Saturday, whilst new recruit Jack Bury worked his way into the best with Ludwig and Miller. Lutheran are a side that look like footballers, and when they're on they're good - but I don't think they'll handle the pressure of Woody South very well. In Round 1 it was the Cats by 63 points, at home this week I think that figure may push closer to 90.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Arch44 » Mon May 30, 2016 4:17 pm

And that's the only curse I believe in
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 31, 2016 10:54 am

Zartan's Mid Year Review - Adelaide Lutheran
A Grade
Won - 3
Lost - 6
Percentage - 42.11%
Position - 8th
Players Used - 45
Run Home: A - H - H - A - H - A -H - A - H
Most Goals - Xander Redhead (12 goals)
Most Valuable - Chris Koenig

A difficult first half of the season for the Bulldogs from the South Parklands. Relegated from D5 this season, big things were expected, but unfortunately inconsistent form, combined with a large turnover of players throughout the season has made life difficult for Luthies. Touted as a likely bottom two after the early rounds, Adelaide Lutheran have managed to steal a couple of important wins to keep their noses above the relegation zone - just - but a big second half of the season is required to maintain a spot in D6 in 2017.

A favourable draw home, the Bulldogs pick up 5x home games, where they're a better side, and of the 4x away games they play Fitzroy & Mawson Lakes where they would give themselves a chance of collecting points.

Chris Koenig has proved their most valuable, amongst their best players on 6 of the 9 matches, and chiming in with 8 goals as well. Hickey, Redhead and Jeremy Borgas have proven to be their other consistent performers.

Given their poor percentage, finals appears a distant dream at the moment, but they're well capable of finishing 6th or 7th, and I think given their situation at the moment they would take that.

Rating: C-

B Grade
Won - 4
Lost - 5
Percentage - 43.26%
Position - 7th
Players Used - 57
Run Home: A - H - H - A - H - A -H - A - H
Most Goals - Joel Clarke (15 goals)
Most Valuable - Joel Clarke

An up and down start to the season from Luthies, their 7 point victory over Ingle Farm in round 2 arguably their best win of the year. They've been competitive in matches, then others have been blown away - the gap between their best and their worst is worlds apart. None the less with a 4/5 win loss ratio, and currently in 7th spot, the Bulldogs are still well amongst the hunt for finals.

Two away games against lowly ranked sides, they would be looking to bank points in, and then would set themselves the task of winning more home games than they lose, it may well be enough to squeeze into the 5. Percentage may be the big factor though, with it being over 10% worse off than 5th placed Ingle Farm currently. They'd likely need to finish on more wins than their competition to play finals - equal wins and percentage will hurt.

Joel Clarke has proven a shining light for the Dogs this year, with 15 goals and named amongst the best on 6 occasions. Trevor Jenke and Dwayne Ludwig have done what they can to get the Luthies up, and when he's played Aaron Byford has caused headaches up forward, kicking 10 goals from his 6 outings.

The next month will make or break their season, and how they manage school holidays will again prove a difficult hurdle to overcome.

Rating: C+
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Tue May 31, 2016 11:00 am

I want to get a job at Zartans work, they appear to do bugger all there :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 31, 2016 11:15 am

Zartan's Mid Year Review - Brahma Lodge
A Grade
Won - 6
Lost - 3
Percentage - 56.33%
Position - 4th
Players Used - 33
Run Home: H - A - H - A - H - A - H - H - A
Most Goals - Tim Aloisi (44 goals)
Most Valuable - Dene Steele

At the halfway point with a 6/3 return, the Lodge would be pleased with that start. A club who recruited heavily, and often come under scrutiny from outsiders for their club management, the Tigers were coming from behind the 8-ball heading into this season after missing the finals last year, and expectations were sky high. Have only lost to the 3 sides currently situated above them, and have mercilessly destroyed sides below them, Brahma justifiable deserve to stake claims on being a premiership threat.

Only having 33 players used through their squad, shows the consistency of their group and their ability to manage their players through a tricky first half of the year. Cohesion as a team will begin showing through soon, and if they can keep their prime movers on the park, they're the side that could be the big mover in the back half.

Aloisi has shown his class again this season, collecting 44 goals, but unlike last season, this year he is receiving greater support from his team mates, giving Brahma greater scoring prowess each week.

Dene Steele and Darren Huitema have proven to be vital cogs in the Tigers line up, often setting up forward entries for their team, and each would be polling well in the medal count during games that Brahma have won. Dylan Brooks and David Savage have shown their worth, and justified their anticipated recruitment, providing strong football for the Tigers.

Arguably the most favourable draw to end the season, the Tigers 4x away games all come up against sides outside the top 5 - games that they would be supremely confident of winning. A double chance is well within their reach, and finals is all but secured. Watch out for Brahma as the season closes - this is a club that in recent years has known how to win finals.

Rating: A+

B Grade
Won - 6
Lost - 3
Percentage - 62.52%
Position - 3rd
Players Used - 43
Run Home: H - A - H - A - H - A - H - H - A
Most Goals - Matthew Lehman (29 goals)
Most Valuable - Daniel Nicolson

Last years preliminary finalists have only dropped 3x games this season, through their strong attack style of play are managing to bury sides when it matters. A percentage of 62.52% justifies that, and is a whopping 5% better off than the side below. Sitting in 3rd place, the Tigers would be confident of once again securing a double chance this year, but they have a host of clubs circling below them, and can not afford to drop away for one moment.

Having only used 43 players - one of the lowest numbers in the div - is testament to their player management and ability to keep team cohesion throughout the first half of the year.

Matt Lehman has picked up where he left off last year, and is leading the way with 29 goals, with his partner in crime from last season Luke Nelson assisting with 11 majors from his 3x games. Eric Hem-Mendes has proven the find of the season, with the young winger picking up 10 goals and providing pivotal run forward for the Tigers.

Daniel Nicolson has proven to be the Tigers most valuable, accumulating 9 goals in 7 games and finding himself amongst the best on 4 occasions. Has been supremely supported by Quinton Taylor up forward, whose proven a crucial foil for Lehman, and Chris Gehlken whose experience off the back flank and through the midfield has assisted in repelling opposition attacks, whilst also setting up F50 entries.

A favourable draw like the A grade, they're set up nicely. Brahma would be hoping to make home a fortress in the second half of the year, and if they do, they could well go 9-0 and lock away a crucial double chance.

Rating: A-
Last edited by The Bedge on Tue May 31, 2016 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 31, 2016 11:16 am

Footy Chick wrote:I want to get a job at Zartans work, they appear to do bugger all there :lol:

I consider this part of my community engagement work requirements :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 31, 2016 11:39 am

Zartan's Mid Year Review - Fitzroy
A Grade
Won - 2
Lost - 7
Percentage - 41.50%
Position - 9th
Players Used - 38
Run Home: A - A - A - H - A - H - A - H - A
Most Goals - Darryl Cotter (20 goals)
Most Valuable - Dane Avery

With a new coaching panel, and some strong recruits, big things were expected down at Sam Johnson Sportsground, as the Lions launched their #royvelution. Unfortunately the season hasn't gone to script, and the 'Roys have been chasing ever since. 2/7 first half would not be acceptable down there, and the bad news for Fitzroy is they burnt a lot of their tickets in the first half.

A swag of home games to start the season, and inability to claim victory in those clashes sees the 'Roys with the most difficult draw remaining in the division, with only 3x home games remaining - and against sides that will prove difficult to counter (Brahma Lodge, Mawson Lakes, Adel Lutheran). That difficult run starts this week, with the first of 3x away games.

It hasn't been all bad news for the 'Roys, the recruitment of Darryl Cotter has reaped rewards, with the forward picking up 20 goals and a much needed replacement up forward for the departed Lions. Cotter's efforts have seen him rewarded amongst the best on 3 occasions.

Dane Avery has been the most valuable for the 'Roys, amongst the best 5 times out of his 8 matches, and collecting 10 goals along the way, Avery would be Fitzroy's best placed player in the medal count. Support has been difficult for him, Lee Makris and Tai Wheadon have done their best, but the depth just hasn't been there.

Fitzroy would need to pull a rabbit out the hat to impact the comp in the back half, given their draw it's difficult to see them winning anymore games, and I anticipate they'll find themselves on the bottom of the ladder come season end and D7 bound for 2017.

Rating: D-

B Grade
Won - 1
Lost - 8
Percentage - 30.73%
Position - 9th
Players Used - 52
Run Home: A - A - A - H - A - H - A - H - A
Most Goals - Chris Smart & Tom Robinson (7 goals)
Most Valuable - Mark Goodsell

As with the A grade, a change of coach was hoped to bring a change of fortune for the young Fitzroy B grade. It wasn't to be, as the 'Roys have battled to field a consistent side each week. 52 players used through out the year, and no C grade to develop players is always going to prove hard work for any side, but they've toiled away still.

The 'Roys have missed some golden opportunities to capture victory, and would be kicking themselves, especially given the difficult return half of the year poses not many obvious chances to impact results.

Chris Smart and Tom Robinson have collected 7 goals each for the 'Roys, with Smart one of the few to play in every match for the season. Only 18x goal kickers this year, the Lions have found the going tough.

Mark Goodsell has picked up votes in 4 of his 7 appearances in the B grade, and along with Harley MacKinnon and Sean Dixon have proven to be the most consistent performers for the 'Roys. The loss of Aron Asfaha early in the season has hurt though, and whilst the 'Roys continue to fight, the depth isn't there.

Difficult run home, as with the A grade it's difficult to see the #royvelution collecting many if any more wins for the year, and will be eager to see season end and a chance to rebuild and prepare for an assault in D7 where they're sure to be better suited.

The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 31, 2016 12:11 pm

Zartan's Mid Year Review - Houghton Districts
A Grade
Won - 3
Lost - 6
Percentage - 42.42%
Position - 7th
Players Used - 35
Run Home: A - H - A - H - A - H - A - A - H
Most Goals - Alex Bray (21 goals)
Most Valuable - Wade Vandermoer

Last years D7 Grand Finalists started the season in emphatic fashion when they defeated Trinity OS at home to kick start the year, followed up my a powerful 70 point win against Mitchell Park. Unfortunately, a bad run of luck with injuries, and some sloppy quarters has hindered the Raiders progress, only managing to collect one other win in the first half to finish the first half with a 3/6 record.

Also going to prove difficult coming up a division, Houghton recruited well, and internally would've been quietly confident of impacting on D6. However I think a 3/6 record is about right given the gap between D6 and D7, but have been largely surprised by just how good Houghton have been at times. Could well consider themselves unlucky not to have a better ledger.

Alex Bray up forward has led the way with 21 goals, but has been well supported by George Schneider with 17 goals. 4x players with 10 or more goals is a good return, and shows the Raiders have the firepower to challenge sides.

The recruitment of Wade Vandermoer has been a blessing for Houghton, as he has helped himself to 11 goals and figured amongst the best in 8 of the 9 games of the season. Vandermoer will poll well in their wins, and his efforts may see him collect a couple of 1 votes from the umpires. If he can continue that sort of form, and the Raiders win a few more games then a medal is not out of the question. Jai McMurtrie has been another quality addition to the Houghton side, and Nathan Hall and Jason Dolan have been more than serviceable.

Only 4x home games to finish the season, and with the top 2 sides amongst that, the heat is on Houghton to finish out this season strongly. The losses of Schutz and Roling will make life difficult, but if the Raiders can improve slightly in the back half, and finish with 7x wins then they'll be around the mark for the Top 5.

Anything above relegation zone should be viewed as a pass mark - and finals would exceed expectations, but it's a reality if the Raiders are good enough.

Rating: C+

B Grade
Won - 1
Lost - 8
Percentage - 25.36%
Position - 10th
Players Used - 45
Run Home: A - H - A - H - A - H - A - A - H
Most Goals - Luke Starr (12 goals)
Most Valuable - Jeremy Sebastian

Depth was always going to prove an issue for Houghton coming up from D7 against some stronger B grade squads. Sitting with the solitary win at the bottom of the ladder, the Raiders have had a difficult first half as injury ravaged the A grade, and their percentage of 25.36% shows how much opposition sides have dined out on them whilst weak. They're proven competitive in patches, and unearthed some quality players - who've since forced their way into the A grade eyes, and the inconsistency from each week is hurting them badly.

Luke Starr has managed to kick 12 goals for Houghton, but regular goal kickers from there fall away, with Scott Kroepsch kicking 5 from the midfield, and Houghton only registering 15 goal kickers.

During their 1/8 start to the season, Jeremy Sebastian has proved their most valuable, collecting best player honours in 4 of his 8 appearances, and along with Tyeson Oswald, Tomi Jay Szabo and David Kerrigan have battled valiantly for their club.

Lack of class, and a lack of fitness/experience is showing through, and a difficult second half of the season faces Houghton. as with Fitzroy it's difficult to see them impacting many games from here, and will be in a battle with the 'Roys to avoid the spoon.

The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League