Round 10 and a sesquipedalian word from Spargo.

Talk on the national game

Re: Round 10 and a sesquipedalian word from Spargo.

Postby cracka » Mon May 30, 2016 2:24 pm

bennymacca wrote:On form at the moment there is a clear gap between the 7th and 8th vs 9th and 10th teams, let alone the ladder.

As corona man said unless there is some injuries to one of the top teams I doubt it will change from this point on.

Carlton beat Geelong & Geelong beat us.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Booney » Mon May 30, 2016 2:29 pm

bennymacca wrote:On form at the moment there is a clear gap between the 7th and 8th vs 9th and 10th teams, let alone the ladder.

As corona man said unless there is some injuries to one of the top teams I doubt it will change from this point on.

I don't agree with that, I do think the 8 is pretty much set and still think it's only Port who have even the slightest of chances to sneak in but I don''t see the gap that big. Carlton beat Geelong, Richmond beat Sydney etc
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7488 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Booney » Mon May 30, 2016 5:41 pm

Viney gets a week.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-05-30/m ... -the-clear

MELBOURNE midfielder Jack Viney has been handed a one-match ban for a flurry of punches to the face of Port Adelaide onballer Brad Ebert.

The crucial Demon will miss his team's clash against Hawthorn at the MCG on Saturday if he accepts his penalty.

The 22-year-old, who sits sixth in the AFLCA player of the year award, will also be ineligible for the Brownlow Medal.

Viney unleashed a series of three intentional strikes on Ebert in Saturday's clash, landing one that qualified for low impact.

The MRP guidelines state a low impact punch must make more than just negligible impact.

Geelong forward Steven Motlop was more fortunate, with the MRP clearing him of making forceful contact to the groin of Carlton's Zach Tuohy.

The Panel said it had looked at all available angles, including behind the goal vision, and decided there was "no forceful contact made to the groin area".

Greater Western Sydney forward Adam Tomlinson has been offered a $1000 fine for striking Adelaide opponent Tom Lynch.

The MRP laid six charges, with Port Adelaide's Jackson Trengove offered a $1000 fine for making unnecessary contact to the face of Melbourne ruckman Max Gawn.

Bulldogs Jake Stringer and Tom Liberatore were offered $2500 and $1500 fines respectively for engaging in a melee, with Collingwood's Alan Toovey offered a $1000 for his first melee charge.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Mon May 30, 2016 5:44 pm

^ bugger. I had 5 each way on him for the Brownlow....
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3483 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Spargo » Mon May 30, 2016 5:50 pm

What about Ebert's effort though - starts it off with a little cheap shot from behind, then when Viney fronts him & it gets a bit willing, Ebert pulls out holding his face looking for an umpire - then only goes back in when a few team mates come in.
Weak as piss :lol:
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5476 times
Been liked: 5118 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Brodlach » Mon May 30, 2016 6:11 pm

Viney out for 3-4 weeks with a knuckle injury anyway
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon May 30, 2016 9:12 pm

Surely Callum Mills would be up next for a rising star nomination?
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby carey » Mon May 30, 2016 9:55 pm

Spargo wrote:What about Ebert's effort though - starts it off with a little cheap shot from behind, then when Viney fronts him & it gets a bit willing, Ebert pulls out holding his face looking for an umpire - then only goes back in when a few team mates come in.

I call your Ebert and raise you Lindsay Thomas
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2803 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Spargo » Mon May 30, 2016 10:09 pm

carey wrote:
Spargo wrote:What about Ebert's effort though - starts it off with a little cheap shot from behind, then when Viney fronts him & it gets a bit willing, Ebert pulls out holding his face looking for an umpire - then only goes back in when a few team mates come in.

I call your Ebert and raise you Lindsay Thomas

;)
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5476 times
Been liked: 5118 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Tue May 31, 2016 9:13 am

Smart play, little nudge from behind and the angry little peanut throws a little combination, Port get the ball, peanut barely touches it for the day and Port get the points. Plus the little man gets a week. All good in my view.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue May 31, 2016 12:45 pm

Booney wrote:

Smart play, little nudge from behind and the angry little peanut throws a little combination, Port get the ball, peanut barely touches it for the day and Port get the points. Plus the little man gets a week. All good in my view.

I liked it better when you jump in a blokes back, the melee dies down and then you throw a guy into the fence, deck the captain with a retaliatory and cough up a five goal lead. ;)

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Tue May 31, 2016 4:11 pm

Spargo wrote: Ebert

Adopted
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby Booney » Tue May 31, 2016 4:18 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Booney wrote:

I liked it better when you jump in a blokes back, the melee dies down and then you throw a guy into the fence, deck the captain with a retaliatory and cough up a five goal lead. ;)

regards,

REB

Only as good as your last game. :YMPEACE:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL