Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Ronnie » Tue May 31, 2016 11:43 am

Footy Chick wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Surely they are allowed to make the same mistake you did about maybe not watching their kid closely enough (within reason, is there any suggestion of gross negligence here?)

my brother was pointing at pretty boats, he didnt jump into an animal pen, causing the murder of an endangered species.

But if you wan't to point that finger, go ahead.

It wasn't murder, please leave the extreme language aside. A terrible situation all round, and yes, questions need to be asked of the zoo and the parents. But I would've thought that 99% of people would at least be thankful that the young child was saved.
Ronnie
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 84 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue May 31, 2016 11:49 am

Dogwatcher wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Surely they are allowed to make the same mistake you did about maybe not watching their kid closely enough (within reason, is there any suggestion of gross negligence here?)

my brother was pointing at pretty boats, he didnt jump into an animal pen, causing the murder of an endangered species.

But he could have drowned, resulting in the closure of a much-loved boating lake - ruining generations of fun and learning for everyone else.

You're right - but he didn't. And they're not going to close down the zoo either so I'm not sure of the relevance of the above.

If you ever let your kids cross the road, they might get run over, if you ever let your kids ride a bike they might fall off. Bad things happen in life.

I haven't been to Bonython Park in a while, is the lake still even there?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Magellan » Tue May 31, 2016 11:51 am

JK wrote:Sad situation, no winners in it. Would have to question how such an enclosure could ever be set-up in such a way that a child could find their way into it?

Very good point, JK.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue May 31, 2016 11:56 am

Footy Chick wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

But he could have drowned, resulting in the closure of a much-loved boating lake - ruining generations of fun and learning for everyone else.

You're right - but he didn't. And they're not going to close down the zoo either so I'm not sure of the relevance of the above.

If you ever let your kids cross the road, they might get run over, if you ever let your kids ride a bike they might fall off. Bad things happen in life.

The point is that, had your brother drowned, there could have been ramifications, unavoidable, which people would be pissed off about.
Sadly, there were ramifications for the gorilla, because, somehow, the kid could get to that section of the enclosure. A tough decision was made.

I bet you, at the time that poor gorilla was shot, not one of the people present would have been angered by the situation, just happy that the child was safe. They might have been sad, yes, but not angry. The anger comes from those of us who weren't there and didn't see the event unfolding and who weren't going to witness the awful consequences had the situation not have been dealt with as it was - those of us who get to look at the incident in cold, hard black and white, not the technicolour of the moment.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby tipper » Tue May 31, 2016 12:06 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

so they should have just let the gorilla kill the 4 year old?

what was the other course of action here?
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Wedgie » Tue May 31, 2016 12:20 pm

Hard to criticise the mother with this sort of attitude : "God protected my child until the authorities were able to get to him"

FCs right, shoot the parents and yes I've had kids who both managed to get to adult stage without climbing one metre fences and break through hedges at a zoo. It's not hard. If it is don't have kids, simple
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Footy Chick » Tue May 31, 2016 12:23 pm

Tipper, go back and read the whole discussion please. I didn't suggest this anywhere.

What does slightly peturb me though is why a lot of people think that a humans life (in an overpopulated world) is worth more than the life an endangered animal.

No, i'm not saying they should've shot the kid or let him kill the kid before you all jump down my throat again, but I'll put another spin on it - it's just as stupid as going to cull sharks after a shark attack or hunting the croc that killed the woman in QLD yesterday. You're in their territory, Why punish them for it.

If it gets in our way, we kill it.

Wedgie, I didn't say shoot the parents! i said they should be making a donation to the zoo for endangered animal reproduction programmes

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby tipper » Tue May 31, 2016 12:30 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Tipper, go back and read the whole discussion please. I didn't suggest this anywhere.

What does slightly peturb me though is why a lot of people think that a humans life (in an overpopulated world) is worth more than the life an endangered animal.

No, i'm not saying they should've shot the kid or let him kill the kid before you all jump down my throat again, but I'll put another spin on it - it's just as stupid as going to cull sharks after a shark attack or hunting the croc that killed the woman in QLD yesterday. You're in their territory, Why punish them for it.

Wedgie, I didn't say shoot the parents! i said they should be making a donation to the zoo for endangered animal reproduction programmes

unfortunately fc, a humans life is more important than any animals. id shoot every single animal in the adelaide zoo if it was to save one of my kids, and i wouldnt even say sorry. and any parent that wouldnt shouldnt have kids.

comparing this to a wild animal attack is a bit stupid too. that is killing things after the fact. killing the gorilla prevented the kid being hurt, it wasnt revenge. once again, if you are so against their choice of action, what should they have done instead? experts who deal with animals every day decided, to save the boy, and kill the gorilla. what was the other option?
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Wedgie » Tue May 31, 2016 12:31 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Tipper, go back and read the whole discussion please. I didn't suggest this anywhere.

OK, just I say shoot the parents then.
Don't shoot the kid, if he climbs out he climbs out. If the gorilla tears him apart it's just natural attrition potentially stopping another moron having kids one day continuing the cycle of stupidity.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Tue May 31, 2016 12:34 pm

F#@× the gorilla! What about the lowlife that murdered his partner and those two precious kids. RIP little ones :-(
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby tipper » Tue May 31, 2016 12:35 pm

Wedgie wrote:Hard to criticise the mother with this sort of attitude : "God protected my child until the authorities were able to get to him"

FCs right, shoot the parents and yes I've had kids who both managed to get to adult stage without climbing one metre fences and break through hedges at a zoo. It's not hard. If it is don't have kids, simple

lol, while i agree that belief in the great sky fairy (of any type/denomination) is proof of mental deficiency, i dont agree that they deserve to die for it. although it would drastically reduce the overpopulation problem.

and yes wedgie, we all know you are a perfect parent, and your kids never cried in public, or did anything wrong. the rest of us deal with normal kids and dont have the luxury of raising angels
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Wedgie » Tue May 31, 2016 12:38 pm

tipper wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Hard to criticise the mother with this sort of attitude : "God protected my child until the authorities were able to get to him"

lol, while i agree that belief in the great sky fairy (of any type/denomination) is proof of mental deficiency, i dont agree that they deserve to die for it. although it would drastically reduce the overpopulation problem.

and yes wedgie, we all know you are a perfect parent, and your kids never cried in public, or did anything wrong. the rest of us deal with normal kids and dont have the luxury of raising angels

It's all in the parenting mate, you'd know that having seen my kids for years at the footy. People not equipped with my skills or with quality genes like mine shouldn't have kids. ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby tipper » Tue May 31, 2016 12:40 pm

Wedgie wrote:
tipper wrote:

It's all in the parenting mate, you'd know that having seen my kids for years at the footy. People not equipped with my skills or with quality genes like mine shouldn't have kids. ;)

guess my kids future is ****** then :)
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 31, 2016 12:43 pm

F*** zoo's off altogether, spend more time and resources on allowing wildlife to survive in their own habitats, they don't set up houses to place us in for their own enjoyment.
If we choose to want to see how they live, we should go to them.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue May 31, 2016 12:44 pm

tipper wrote:

unfortunately fc, a humans life is more important than any animals. id shoot every single animal in the adelaide zoo if it was to save one of my kids, and i wouldnt even say sorry. and any parent that wouldnt shouldnt have kids.

comparing this to a wild animal attack is a bit stupid too. that is killing things after the fact. killing the gorilla prevented the kid being hurt, it wasnt revenge. once again, if you are so against their choice of action, what should they have done instead? experts who deal with animals every day decided, to save the boy, and kill the gorilla. what was the other option?

Tipper, please dont respond again until you've read my original post, where I said that they probably did the right thing by shooting it as it would've been the last resort (Do I need to re-post it for your benefit because you're clearly too lazy to go back and read it?)

I'm just asking the question why anyone thinks that peoples lives are more important than animals. For the best part, we're the savages, not them.

I'll also thank you to not call my opinions stupid.

Footy Chick

Postby Footy Chick » Tue May 31, 2016 12:48 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:F*** zoo's off altogether, spend more time and resources on allowing wildlife to survive in their own habitats, they don't set up houses to place us in for their own enjoyment.
If we choose to want to see how they live, we should go to them.

This.

Although I'll say 99.5% agree, A big part of zoo's nowdays is more about conservation and education, rather than pure enjoyment. The only reason they let people through the doors at a hefty cost is to raise the money for such projects.

Footy Chick

Postby tipper » Tue May 31, 2016 12:58 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
tipper wrote:

Tipper, please dont respond again until you've read my original post, where I said that they probably did the right thing by shooting it as it would've been the last resort (Do I need to re-post it for your benefit because you're clearly too lazy to go back and read it?)

I'm just asking the question why anyone thinks that peoples lives are more important than animals. For the best part, we're the savages, not them.

I'll also thank you to not call my opinions stupid.

bit defensive today arent we? every one of your posts since that first one, has been against the actions that they took.

why would anyone think that an animals life should be more important than a childs? there is no animal, or animals in the world i would put in front of my loved ones. none of them are even close to being as important as them. and ive grown up pretty much constantly with pets, so im not against animals at all (they are all so very tasty)

and if you are going to get precious, ill thank you not to tell us all to go and get ******. or is that ok?
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Booney » Tue May 31, 2016 1:03 pm

So we've decided the parents should be shot and zoo's ****** right off altogether.

Phew, for a minute there I really thought we were going to over react.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby tipper » Tue May 31, 2016 1:05 pm

Booney wrote:So we've decided the parents should be shot and zoo's ****** right off altogether.

dont forget getting rid of all of those that believe in god
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Wedgie » Tue May 31, 2016 1:07 pm

tipper wrote:
Booney wrote:So we've decided the parents should be shot and zoo's ****** right off altogether.

dont forget getting rid of all of those that believe in god

Amen!
Wedgie
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion