HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby Grumpy Old B » Tue May 31, 2016 4:24 pm

wazzal77 wrote:Will Div 2 have Echunga back?! A town of their size Div 2 is probably a better fit for them if we have to be honest. Not good for a club when they are getting beaten quite convincingly in most grades most weeks. People lose interest quite quickly (its then financially a slippery slope).

On the umps sharing facilities they would all have police clearances to ensure that they can be around minors ... it would happen across the state I would imagine. But seems odd a club was 'mandated' to make changes and yet other clubs arent...but I get the sense that odd and HFL go hand in hand.

Didnt hear any more about the inappropriate flashing by the Uraidla player? I hope he has been summonsed to appear at the HFL and gets 2 - 4 weeks and is made to apologise. No league can have that stuff 'flying' around..

TheBull I think your tips are on the money, but not certain about Hahndorf over Torrens Valley.. I reckon the Lions will get up and finish the end of the Full Round top of the table... Are Uraidla now about to make their move into the top 5 bound again for another tilt in finals footy...?

Can help a little on a couple of points Wazzal77.The umps aren't required to have police checks, only those that umpire the women's league. There is no way a couple of the umps would ever pass a police check. Some didn't even pass primary school. :D
The HFL originally knocked back the HFC's report BUT then did a backflip thinking that it must go before the commissioners. So its been off, on, off on a bit like the accused's shorts. A hearing set for tomorrow night allegedly. And yep his stuff was definitely "flying" around just like his mum remembers all shinny clean :oops:
Grumpy Old B

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby wazzal77 » Tue May 31, 2016 6:32 pm

You cant be serious GOB.. umpires dont get police clearances???? they are in a position of authority dealing with kids under 18 years age... Im sure you will find that coaches, team managers, trainers etc in clubs do (my missus needs one to listen to kids read to her at school as a volunteer!!) so surely you speak with forked tongue!
wazzal77
Rookie

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Grumpy Old B » Tue May 31, 2016 9:42 pm

I speak many languages wazzil but never with forked tongue. I think we have opened a can of worms mate. I know a couple of umps and one has been involved for many years and he has assured me he has never had a police check to umpire and yes he would pass.
Grumpy Old B

Postby Legs Man » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:02 am

wazzal77 wrote:Will Div 2 have Echunga back?! A town of their size Div 2 is probably a better fit for them if we have to be honest. Not good for a club when they are getting beaten quite convincingly in most grades most weeks. People lose interest quite quickly (its then financially a slippery slope).

On the umps sharing facilities they would all have police clearances to ensure that they can be around minors ... it would happen across the state I would imagine. But seems odd a club was 'mandated' to make changes and yet other clubs arent...but I get the sense that odd and HFL go hand in hand.

Didnt hear any more about the inappropriate flashing by the Uraidla player? I hope he has been summonsed to appear at the HFL and gets 2 - 4 weeks and is made to apologise. No league can have that stuff 'flying' around..

TheBull I think your tips are on the money, but not certain about Hahndorf over Torrens Valley.. I reckon the Lions will get up and finish the end of the Full Round top of the table... Are Uraidla now about to make their move into the top 5 bound again for another tilt in finals footy...?

I totally dispute your thinking Wazza - as it is my understanding that to play Div 1 you MUST field all junior teams in your own right - which doesn't occur at Torrens Valley.
Echunga field all junior sides and are growing their junior participation.
If a club cant field all junior grades then they cant play in Div 1 according to the HFL.
Fully understand it's great fun to "bash" other clubs - particularly Echunga as they upset many on here and at other clubs - but perhaps some intelligent insight as to how to improve Hills footy might help in the overall growth of our competition.
The comp makeup next season desperately needs a revamp, and we should all be hoping this occurs, as lopsided scores across both divisions isn't good for the sustainability of our sport - in particular at a junior level.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby batmanbegins » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:52 pm

Legs Man wrote:

I totally dispute your thinking Wazza - as it is my understanding that to play Div 1 you MUST field all junior teams in your own right - which doesn't occur at Torrens Valley.
Echunga field all junior sides and are growing their junior participation.
If a club cant field all junior grades then they cant play in Div 1 according to the HFL.
Fully understand it's great fun to "bash" other clubs - particularly Echunga as they upset many on here and at other clubs - but perhaps some intelligent insight as to how to improve Hills footy might help in the overall growth of our competition.
The comp makeup next season desperately needs a revamp, and we should all be hoping this occurs, as lopsided scores across both divisions isn't good for the sustainability of our sport - in particular at a junior level.

The Juniors is really even this year in Central Div other then Hahndorf in 17s. Look at the 17s table and echunga sit 9th at 3 and 5 and then the next 6 teams are 4 and 4 which is incredibly close. TV are the exception in 17s as they are awful but other then Hahndorf it's a fantastic competition.

15s is similar, although the Top 4 is a bit more dominant with Hahndorf, Lofty, Blackwood and Ironbank well above the rest but its still fairly even.

13s appears to be pretty even as well, so I think the Juniors is going really well this year in central division.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times

Postby sideview » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:38 pm

Duck did Hourigan not play last week? He was listed in sportingpulse.

Or did he get injured? Or was he just held Goalless?
sideview
Mini-League

Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Meadows

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:58 pm

Grumpy Old B wrote:

Can help a little on a couple of points Wazzal77.The umps aren't required to have police checks, only those that umpire the women's league. There is no way a couple of the umps would ever pass a police check. Some didn't even pass primary school. :D
The HFL originally knocked back the HFC's report BUT then did a backflip thinking that it must go before the commissioners. So its been off, on, off on a bit like the accused's shorts. A hearing set for tomorrow night allegedly. And yep his stuff was definitely "flying" around just like his mum remembers all shinny clean :oops:

Where's the Uraidla FC in all of this?

If this incident happened as alleged, then surely they'd be taking some action against their player with a club imposed ban ?
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby Rubber Chest » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:36 pm

Elmer J Thudpucker wrote:
Grumpy Old B wrote:

If this incident happened as alleged, then surely they'd be taking some action against their player with a club imposed ban ?

4 weeks.
Rubber Chest
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Callington

Postby Corona Man » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:48 pm

Is that 1 week for every inch?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:39 am

So, the Hills are taking the Riverland on in an association game soon.
What's the squad looking like, who should the Riverland be looking out for?
Hopefully, the Hills will be getting right behind this. It's damn good to see the Riverland playing interleague footy again. I know coach Craig Wooldridge is taking it pretty seriously.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby theduck » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:17 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:So, the Hills are taking the Riverland on in an association game soon.
What's the squad looking like, who should the Riverland be looking out for?
Hopefully, the Hills will be getting right behind this. It's damn good to see the Riverland playing interleague footy again. I know coach Craig Wooldridge is taking it pretty seriously.

Apparently very low numbers out at the first training, interesting to see if the hills will be able to put together two sides this year.
theduck
Mini-League

Been liked: 2 times

Postby footytragic001971 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:26 pm

so when you say low numbers how many do you reckon duck?
footytragic001971
Rookie

Been liked: 10 times

Postby Barkeroo » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:44 pm

Anyone else realise this week that the fixtures are 1v2, 3v4, 5v6, 7v8 and 9v10 Some interesting games for sure.
Barkeroo
Rookie

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby theduck » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:29 pm

footytragic001971 wrote:so when you say low numbers how many do you reckon duck?

12 or 13 according to my mail
theduck
Mini-League

Been liked: 2 times

Postby Tanka » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:58 pm

The HFL originally knocked back the HFC's report BUT then did a backflip thinking that it must go before the commissioners. So its been off, on, off on a bit like the accused's shorts. A hearing set for tomorrow night allegedly. And yep his stuff was definitely "flying" around just like his mum remembers all shinny clean :oops:[/quote]

If this incident happened as alleged, then surely they'd be taking some action against their player with a club imposed ban ?[/quote]

4 weeks.[/quote]

Rubber Chest are you saying the HFL gave him 4 weeks or Uraidla gave him an internal suspension of 4 weeks?
Tanka
Under 16s

Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Banker » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:22 pm

Libs promise Mt Barker a new oval if re-elected:

https://www.liberal.org.au/latest-news/2016/06/03/375-million-investment-mount-barker-regional-sports-hub

providing a two-level, 350 seat regional function centre, recreational areas and club rooms Stage 1 of this project will incorporate a full size AFL standard oval, eight five-a-side soccer pitches, soccer clubrooms and grandstand, six netball courts, improved lighting, car parking and vehicle access.

These new high class sporting facilities will meet the requirements for professional sporting events including AFL pre-season games, first class cricket matches and high level soccer games
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby wazzal77 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:16 pm

Banker wrote:Libs promise Mt Barker a new oval if re-elected:

https://www.liberal.org.au/latest-news/2016/06/03/375-million-investment-mount-barker-regional-sports-hub

providing a two-level, 350 seat regional function centre, recreational areas and club rooms Stage 1 of this project will incorporate a full size AFL standard oval, eight five-a-side soccer pitches, soccer clubrooms and grandstand, six netball courts, improved lighting, car parking and vehicle access.

These new high class sporting facilities will meet the requirements for professional sporting events including AFL pre-season games, first class cricket matches and high level soccer games

$3.75m for a $28m proposal isnt going to make this happen anytime soon! With respect to footy, isnt the only beneficiary Mt Barker FC..? I cant see many AFL pre season matches happening (maybe one every few years) and Sturt certainly wouldnt want to give up revenue that they are beggining to now see out of Unley oval.. I wont even begin on other non footy projects Mt Barker needs as this isnt the forum..!
wazzal77
Rookie

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Wise_Old_Man » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:18 pm

Now look I know I may be considered somewhat of a dinosaur in football terms having been out of the game in a playing capacity for a few decades now but ................ all this talk online, in the media and in the local Courier newspaper has goaded me to make my first post on this forum.

Nobody admits to liking the umpires, we all know this, and this is exacerbated by some pitiful grandstanding performances in the AFL most weekends which arcs us all up. But from where I sit in the comfort of my trusty stead at the footy in the hills most weekends, we are pretty blessed with, generally speaking, an honest bunch of hardworking officials who on most occasions go above and beyond their duties every Saturday during the season. The game is umpired like the SANFL used to be before this years weird rule changes. I personally know some of these blokes and they really do love their job. Yes it is a paid gig but I don’t think many of us would run around for about 6 - 8km’s in a morning game and then another 12 – 14km’s for an A grade game for the dollars on offer.

To read that an experienced A Grade coach had tee’d off at young ex SANFL umpire with a tirade of expletives during a half time break where the umpire apparently HAD to traverse this area to use the toilets, was very disappointing indeed. But to then have an article published in the Courier almost blaming the young umpire for the outburst is totally out of line. Basically inferring the umpires performance had goaded the coach to abuse him? I think the old Fossil who wrote that letter to the sports editor may still be stuck back 56 years ago if he thinks this kind of behaviour is OK in 2016.

Also this week it appears our excellent local rag has decided to get awfully personal with yet another very experienced ex SANFL umpire by naming and shaming him in the Hahndorf vs Uraidla write up for one, yep one, “ridiculous free kick”. Whilst I was not at the game I did share a cold one or two during the week with a couple of old Hahndorf players who were at the game (for past players day) and they assured me the performance of both umpires in the A Grade game for the day was pretty good in the view that they went mainly un-noticed for most of the day, and most certainly had no effect on Uraidla winning the game.

I thought I may be getting a little sensitive in my old age being a former club boundary umpire from many moons ago. So today I went back through the weekends footy reports in the Courier imagining I would see numerous references to “ridiculous” errors from players being personally noted also. As we see for ourselves clangers happen on a pretty regular basis to every player and every club. But to my astonishment poor old Kent Shillitoe from Mt Barker (sorry Kent) was the only footballer in the hills to make a mistake over the weekend worth mentioning in the Courier ?
Go figure, over 350 players mentioned in the reports and this poor bloke was the only one who had “a poor disposal”.
Not even a Red or Yellow card was a big enough "ridiculous" mistake to get a mention.
And likewise poor old Umpire Ross Wall was the only umpire to pay a “ridiculous free kick”.

Thank goodness the Uri lad didn’t allegedly flash his member at the Umpire, the poor old maggot would have been accused of goading him to do it !
Seriously?
Wise_Old_Man
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby afc9798 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:48 pm

wazzal77 wrote:
Banker wrote:Libs promise Mt Barker a new oval if re-elected:

$3.75m for a $28m proposal isnt going to make this happen anytime soon! With respect to footy, isnt the only beneficiary Mt Barker FC..? I cant see many AFL pre season matches happening (maybe one every few years) and Sturt certainly wouldnt want to give up revenue that they are beggining to now see out of Unley oval.. I wont even begin on other non footy projects Mt Barker needs as this isnt the forum..!

Wow, Briggs must be trailing in the polls for Mayo....badly. Perhaps he could host all the young female local identities when the centre opens? I hear he's pretty good after a few wines and canapes.
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Grumpy Old B » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:06 pm

Wise_Old_Man wrote:Now look I know I may be considered somewhat of a dinosaur in football terms having been out of the game in a playing capacity for a few decades now but ................ all this talk online, in the media and in the local Courier newspaper has goaded me to make my first post on this forum.

Nobody admits to liking the umpires, we all know this, and this is exacerbated by some pitiful grandstanding performances in the AFL most weekends which arcs us all up. But from where I sit in the comfort of my trusty stead at the footy in the hills most weekends, we are pretty blessed with, generally speaking, an honest bunch of hardworking officials who on most occasions go above and beyond their duties every Saturday during the season. The game is umpired like the SANFL used to be before this years weird rule changes. I personally know some of these blokes and they really do love their job. Yes it is a paid gig but I don’t think many of us would run around for about 6 - 8km’s in a morning game and then another 12 – 14km’s for an A grade game for the dollars on offer.

To read that an experienced A Grade coach had tee’d off at young ex SANFL umpire with a tirade of expletives during a half time break where the umpire apparently HAD to traverse this area to use the toilets, was very disappointing indeed. But to then have an article published in the Courier almost blaming the young umpire for the outburst is totally out of line. Basically inferring the umpires performance had goaded the coach to abuse him? I think the old Fossil who wrote that letter to the sports editor may still be stuck back 56 years ago if he thinks this kind of behaviour is OK in 2016.

Also this week it appears our excellent local rag has decided to get awfully personal with yet another very experienced ex SANFL umpire by naming and shaming him in the Hahndorf vs Uraidla write up for one, yep one, “ridiculous free kick”. Whilst I was not at the game I did share a cold one or two during the week with a couple of old Hahndorf players who were at the game (for past players day) and they assured me the performance of both umpires in the A Grade game for the day was pretty good in the view that they went mainly un-noticed for most of the day, and most certainly had no effect on Uraidla winning the game.

I thought I may be getting a little sensitive in my old age being a former club boundary umpire from many moons ago. So today I went back through the weekends footy reports in the Courier imagining I would see numerous references to “ridiculous” errors from players being personally noted also. As we see for ourselves clangers happen on a pretty regular basis to every player and every club. But to my astonishment poor old Kent Shillitoe from Mt Barker (sorry Kent) was the only footballer in the hills to make a mistake over the weekend worth mentioning in the Courier ?
Go figure, over 350 players mentioned in the reports and this poor bloke was the only one who had “a poor disposal”.
Not even a Red or Yellow card was a big enough "ridiculous" mistake to get a mention.
And likewise poor old Umpire Ross Wall was the only umpire to pay a “ridiculous free kick”.

Thank goodness the Uri lad didn’t allegedly flash his member at the Umpire, the poor old maggot would have been accused of goading him to do it !
Seriously?

Well done WOM. One of the best write up's I have ever read. We are all a little precious but some more than others. Footy is for fun and comerardery and are we all getting to precious. Another clearance to TV for tomorrow. Would LOVE to know what that has cost them
Grumpy Old B

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy