BL&G Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: BL&G Football League

Postby hotspur » Mon May 30, 2016 9:24 pm

If Shillabeer grew up in country footy then playing in Adelaide certainly cured him. Trying to kick 70 metre goals with every kick you get - and he didn't get many - and ignoring team mates in better positions won't win him mates in the country. Arrogance or not he was a hog and didn't help his team.
If putting him in a ruck they were already winning was a way to get him involved with the team, it didn't help.
hotspur
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Special One » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:58 pm

hotspur wrote:If Shillabeer grew up in country footy then playing in Adelaide certainly cured him. Trying to kick 70 metre goals with every kick you get - and he didn't get many - and ignoring team mates in better positions won't win him mates in the country. Arrogance or not he was a hog and didn't help his team.
If putting him in a ruck they were already winning was a way to get him involved with the team, it didn't help.

Sorry but he was one of few players could hit a target. Shillabeer kicking the ball around 50-60ish would be part of their game plan. BTW there was no shots from 70 out, the 50 is not 50. Furthermore, Shillabeer does not ruck but plays centre or ruck rover. If Barossa was dominating the ruck, why did Myles start taking it out of the ruck instead of tapping it to advantage.
Special One
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby hotspur » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:49 pm

Read my quote Special. I said winning the ruck not the centre. I saw him pass the ball ONCE on Saturday. Every kick he had was a launch at goal. 50 or 70 who cares . He didn't do the team thing and it hurt the team. Even their supporters mentioned this fact after the game in the clubrooms. Perhaps that's why they kicked 8 or 9 points in row; too far out.
Miles won the ruck all day and Bratton was their best by a mile around the ball. Shillabeer and Obst contributed little. Without these four in form the team isn't much better than last year.
hotspur
Under 16s

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:22 pm

Bit **** quieter this week br84, moron!!!
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Special One » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:28 pm

hotspur wrote:Read my quote Special. I said winning the ruck not the centre. I saw him pass the ball ONCE on Saturday. Every kick he had was a launch at goal. 50 or 70 who cares . He didn't do the team thing and it hurt the team. Even their supporters mentioned this fact after the game in the clubrooms. Perhaps that's why they kicked 8 or 9 points in row; too far out.
Miles won the ruck all day and Bratton was their best by a mile around the ball. Shillabeer and Obst contributed little. Without these four in form the team isn't much better than last year.

Miles may have won the ruck but got caned in the clearances. However, Barossa's turnovers cost them not a player kicking long to the hotspot. How ever that performance you are talking about, I would call that performance a throwback to his spencer gulf football league days. Those supporters can't complain too much when they pay him to kick goals!! Are all those supporters saying the same stuff today?

From my opinion of Barossa at the moment, they lack outside speed and have really no one that can have a realign up the wing and take 2-3 bounces.
Special One
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:58 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Bit **** quieter this week br84, moron!!!

u should have beaten us we are rank. no need for the abuse
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:31 pm

BoundaryRider84 wrote:

Oh really, you beat Nuri by 10 goal we beat them by 1, who should've won?
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:45 am

daysofourlives wrote:
BoundaryRider84 wrote:

Oh really, you beat Nuri by 10 goal we beat them by 1, who should've won?

We played Amgo today not the f×@# ing goodwood saints. :-p
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Postby hotspur » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:54 am

Those supporters can't complain too much when they pay him to kick goals!! Are all those supporters saying the same stuff today?

You're right Super. Wins have that effect though, and that's what he's paid for,
hotspur
Under 16s

Postby Stackson » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:49 pm

Halfway through the year it looks like a Grand final between Gawler Centrals and Tanunda or Barossa maybe throw Kapunda in the mix
Medal race looks very open predictions?
Stackson
Mini-League

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Eudunda

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:54 pm

Stackson wrote:Halfway through the year it looks like a Grand final between Gawler Centrals and Tanunda or Barossa maybe throw Kapunda in the mix
Medal race looks very open predictions?

Predicted a GC v Barossa GF before the season started and I still think that will be the case.
Centrals won't lose a game
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Gilligan » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:01 am

thought I saw in Advertiser a T Panagiotou playing for Virginia , is that the lad who's mum is involved on committee at South and i thought I saw that he was playing at South earlier in season
Sometimes the old guys do know whats best
Gilligan
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby hairy cat » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:41 am

Gilligan wrote:thought I saw in Advertiser a T Panagiotou playing for Virginia , is that the lad who's mum is involved on committee at South and i thought I saw that he was playing at South earlier in season

Fit$ right in at Virginia
hairy cat
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby Stackson » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:52 pm

I hear there is a few rumblings within the Barossa and Light teams both Netball and football that a reduced amount of teams ie no Gawler teams could be a future option? Should never have let them in is my honest opinion but I figure some might have gathered from my previous posts.
Stackson
Mini-League

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Eudunda

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:07 pm

Stackson wrote:I hear there is a few rumblings within the Barossa and Light teams both Netball and football that a reduced amount of teams ie no Gawler teams could be a future option? Should never have let them in is my honest opinion but I figure some might have gathered from my previous posts.

Great idea, bring back RSMU and your mob, perfect 8 team comp. The footy is not so much of an issue but the netball for the last 15 years has been.

Dont know if its been mentioned but apparently Central and Willaston have been cleared by the CFL for salary cap rorting :shock:
Barossa are a different story and is still ongoing, if i was a betting man id have a bit on Barossa to be the first club to be made an example of, wont be pretty being the first to be caught
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:07 pm

Stackson wrote:I hear there is a few rumblings within the Barossa and Light teams both Netball and football that a reduced amount of teams ie no Gawler teams could be a future option? Should never have let them in is my honest opinion but I figure some might have gathered from my previous posts.

Great idea, bring back RSMU and your mob, perfect 8 team comp. The footy is not so much of an issue but the netball for the last 15 years has been.

Dont know if its been mentioned but apparently Central and Willaston have been cleared by the CFL for salary cap rorting :shock:
Barossa are a different story and is still ongoing, if i was a betting man id have a bit on Barossa to be the first club to be made an example of, wont be pretty being the first to be caught
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:43 am

Freeling youngster Dylan Whimpress donning the state jumper today in the u/18 state game against the Vics. Great effort and best of luck
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Postby Killa » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:37 pm

daysofourlives wrote:

Barossa signed their coaches under one salary for coaching. I was told neither Myles or Obst count as player salary but instead under coaching.
Killa
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: South Augusta

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:50 pm

Killa wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Barossa signed their coaches under one salary for coaching. I was told neither Myles or Obst count as player salary but instead under coaching.

Reckon you will find only one is recognized as the coach for salary purposes, in reality neither are the coach and in fact Ashley Barnett is
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby FOOTY TALK » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:38 pm

Can someone tell me what time senior colts interleague game starts on Saturday
FOOTY TALK
Rookie