The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby tipper » Thu May 26, 2016 1:08 pm

Booney wrote:Seems the clubs aren't too interested either, waiting until May before they follow up on long time members....

well according to some north people they dont need members or people to attend games. they make big profits regardless :oops: :oops:
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby CUTTERMAN » Thu May 26, 2016 1:40 pm

Norwood contacted a mate of mine early in the season who was always a member until the reserves came in, he told them he won't be a member until the reserves are gone and until then his money is going to Adelaide United. He wrote a letter expressing his displeasure to the club when they did a 180 and voted yes.
'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
Keith Thomas ABC 891 Radio, 21/6/14.
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu May 26, 2016 2:04 pm

Booney wrote:Seems the clubs aren't too interested either, waiting until May before they follow up on long time members....

Not all clubs, South had a player ring me before the season had even started last year.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Magellan » Thu May 26, 2016 2:05 pm

tipper wrote:

well according to some north people they dont need members or people to attend games. they make big profits regardless :oops: :oops:

Just ask long-term financial supporters Black Rhino, Aztec Diamond, and Dolphin Treasure over at Grand North. ;)
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu May 26, 2016 2:06 pm

Magellan wrote:
tipper wrote:

Just ask long-term financial supporters Black Rhino, Aztec Diamond, and Dolphin Treasure over at Grand North. ;)

North better keep their eye on the ball/poke machine as the new Pale House at Grams Cross might take some of their business.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Magellan » Thu May 26, 2016 2:07 pm

Wedgie wrote:

Not all clubs, South had a player ring me before the season had even started last year.

Happens when you forget to pay off your bar tab. ;)
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby therisingblues » Thu May 26, 2016 2:40 pm

Psyber wrote:It must be getting to me too.
Six weeks in Europe and I didn't even bother to check the teams or the scores on those few occasions when I had wifi access.
(Mostly staying outside the big cities.)

What?!
That's it?
No sipping expensive cappuccinos made from rare Akamazooka beans imported from Zimbabwe at a beautiful café known only to the locals in a little Hamlet nestled in the Swiss Alps, and communicating with the waiter in a pastiche of Romansche, Italian and German.
Slipping Psyber, slipping.... ;)
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby am Bays » Thu May 26, 2016 4:46 pm

therisingblues wrote:
Six weeks in Europe and I didn't even bother to check the teams or the scores on those few occasions when I had wifi access.

What?!
That's it?
No sipping expensive cappuccinos made from rare Akamazooka beans imported from Zimbabwe at a beautiful café known only to the locals in a little Hamlet nestled in the Swiss Alps, and communicating with the waiter in a pastiche of Romansche, Italian and German.

Don't worry he only had Nepalese pink rock salt on his pommes frites
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby therisingblues » Thu May 26, 2016 5:49 pm

am Bays wrote:
therisingblues wrote:

What?!
That's it?

Don't worry he only had Nepalese pink rock salt on his pommes frites

....imported by an international courier travelling slowly on foot, so as not to disturb the sodium compound, integral to the taste combination with the pommes after frying.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby scott » Thu May 26, 2016 7:09 pm

Wedgie wrote:

Same! I had Brad Crabb call me. Was going to re-sign anyway, that just made me sign up that night!
scott
Veteran

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 124 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:31 pm

SO what happens if this happens with the Crows? Where do their extra players play?

St Kilda v Crows: Embarrassment of riches for fully fit Saints

The extraordinary run of health being enjoyed by St Kilda has created logistical headaches for the club, with up to four senior Saints to be forced this weekend into the VFL development league reserves.

In a rare scenario described by St Kilda football boss Jamie Cox as "a nice problem to have" the Saints have not one player on their injury list in the lead-up to Sunday's clash with the Crows.

With Jack Billings returning from injury this week and no certainty for AFL selection, and Jimmy Webster back from illness, Cox late on Thursday will again move into sensitive negotiations with Sandringham boss John Mennie in a bid to fit as many senior Saints as possible into the Zebras VFL team.

While club bosses admitted to some discomfort discussing St Kilda's unusual clean bill of health, Cox paid tribute to the medical team and the high-performance staff led by Matt Hornsby, new to the Saints this season.

"It's pretty remarkable," said Cox. "We're in the situation this week where we've got a full list to pick from. We've been pretty lucky, we have to concede that, but we will have some of our players playing VFL development football.

"With Matt Hornsby coming on board and having a fair bit of experience in the industry, a really exceptional medical crew and a fortunate piece of timing our match committee has a bit of a headache."

Under the current alignment contract with Sandringham, only 14 St Kilda players can line up in the VFL. The agreement between the two clubs ends after 2016 but a joint sub-committee is negotiating a more flexible deal for the Saints beyond this season with a view to continuing the alignment.

But Cox said Sandringham under coach Paul Hudson had regularly allowed more St Kilda players into the side. "Given our Sandy alignment it's not ideal and they're playing some strong football but they've allowed us one or two extras in recent times.

"Then there's a chain effect with three or four having to play development football. It hasn't been easy for them but we've just asked them to their best and use the experience as best they can to work their way back."

The Sandringham seconds take on Coburg at Piranha Park on Saturday morning with the Zebras travelling to Geelong on Sunday.

Former Magpie Nathan Freeman is unlikely to play senior football this season as the Saints nurse him through his serious hamstring issues, with Cox pointing out: "He could well have some partners with him this weekend unless something strange happens between now and then."

St Kilda's run of fortune comes in stark contrast to the ill-fated Gold Coast, Fremantle, Brisbane and Collingwood, with the Magpies having no available players on the bench during their final-quarter capitulation to the Bulldogs last Sunday.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3506 times

Postby LPH » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:22 pm

I drive home from McLaren Vale to the city each day.
As a result, I generally flick between MMM & AA - I actually prefer MMM as the lesser of 2 evils.

Anyway, AA have 'Gazza' on about 5:45pm - gets a fair hearing re: AFL Reserves & the Bay's plight.
Good Call.

So I got inspired, & rang myself - got on after 6pm News.
To be fair, I also got a good 'hearing'.
Bickley won't hear anything negative about the Cows/Power in the comp - keeps raising the 'Crowd Figures' as justification.
Rowe seems to be reluctantly & hypocritically accepting the facts - despite his support during the 'No AFL in the SANFL' Campaign.

With every SANFL Club that begins to 'rattle the can' for survival - Ross Oakley must 'pop the corks' in celebration.
So sad to see our once great competition reduced to 'beggar' status :(
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby saintal » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:57 pm

I tuned into AA on the way home as I figured there would be some SANFL talk (the only time the league gets media these days is for the wrong/negative reasons it seems). Heard your call LPH and thought you spoke well on the matter, and to their credit they gave you decent airtime.

Bickley is an part time AFC employee, enough said really. Any 'crowd figures' argument is flawed, 5 minutes of research will indicate that, it was just fortunate for his argument that Sturt v Ravens was easily the biggest crowd on the weekend. This year's crowds are now on par with the average from the entire 2015 season (2450ish), so with winter arriving and the inevitable decline a season average of 2100-2200 is on the cards.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:16 pm

:(
Last edited by mighty_tiger_79 on Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11853 times
Been liked: 3601 times

:oops:
Last edited by mighty_tiger_79 on Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

:?
Last edited by mighty_tiger_79 on Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

:evil:
Last edited by mighty_tiger_79 on Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

:shock:
Last edited by mighty_tiger_79 on Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

I didn't hear your call tonight LPH

But Rowey changes his opinion on the AFL reserves

When it was all but confirmed the reserves would join I rang up the sports show. Bone was still on the show. Both of them couldn't see how it would be a negative.

Since that time Rowey chops and changes his views, possibly to start a conflict with Bicks for ratings...
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby saintal » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:36 pm

Sorry I missed that MT, can you repeat it? ;)
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL