No votes
Salisbury
11%
Westminster OS
14%

Total votes : 85

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

Postby number2 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:26 pm

number2 wrote:Well I am Backing the Kookas to stay up this year.

I would like to retract this statement. Almost impossible now as would need a small miracle to win 3 games of the next 7.
number2

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Arch44 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:04 pm

number2 wrote:
number2 wrote:Well I am Backing the Kookas to stay up this year.

I would like to retract this statement. Almost impossible now as would need a small miracle to win 3 games of the next 7.

No retracting on here mate :lol:
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:47 pm

Will it help if we keep losing? We're doing a bloody good job of it at the minute.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Demon Juke » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:18 pm

Minion Master wrote:hard to if playing across town and have to pick up missus & kids to get back to your own club for pressos, some times there just isn't time

Make excuses or build a good culture with the playing group.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Dols » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:24 pm

Demon Juke wrote:
Minion Master wrote:hard to if playing across town and have to pick up missus & kids to get back to your own club for pressos, some times there just isn't time

and we wonder why this country has a 50% divorce rate/\

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Executive Member » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:31 am

Demon Juke wrote:

maybe put on a couple of free jugs and let them know

that's how I always remembered it
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby Pag » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:02 am

Westminster gave us some beer tickets on Saturday, and their president came in the rooms and gave us some nice words after the game. Love having a beer on their decking after a game.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Minion Master » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:11 am

Demon Juke wrote:

Excuses don't come into it, depends when your own club has stated pressos will be, hard pushed if playing one side of town to get back to base for 6.30pm pressos :roll:
Minion Master
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Broughton-Mundoora

Postby whufc » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:13 pm

Its interesting to see different sports and how cultures have changed. I had been involved and around aussie rules clubs for 20 years but in the last season and a half have taken up rugby union where the 'after match opposition drinks' culture is extremly strong.

In Union its an absolute must that you provide the opposition with a minimum of two jugs of beer and two jugs of soft drink in the changerooms after the game regardless of the result.

The other interesting one is that it is also required that each team provides 5 players for the after match 'boat race' drinking game. Each team provides 5 players who are required to skull a pint of beer in a race against 5 of the opposition players. Always done inside the clubrooms. You can lose the game on the field but have the chance to redeem your ego with the boat race.

Also if you were an opposition player, wife or friend and you hang around you would never pay for a can of soft drink if you were a designated driver for players who are staying on to drink.

Its actually my favourite part of playing is the smashing each other on the field but the comradeship off the field between opposing sides.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby heater31 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:25 pm

whufc wrote:Its interesting to see different sports and how cultures have changed. I had been involved and around aussie rules clubs for 20 years but in the last season and a half have taken up rugby union where the 'after match opposition drinks' culture is extremly strong.

In Union its an absolute must that you provide the opposition with a minimum of two jugs of beer and two jugs of soft drink in the changerooms after the game regardless of the result.

The other interesting one is that it is also required that each team provides 5 players for the after match 'boat race' drinking game. Each team provides 5 players who are required to skull a pint of beer in a race against 5 of the opposition players. Always done inside the clubrooms. You can lose the game on the field but have the chance to redeem your ego with the boat race.

Also if you were an opposition player, wife or friend and you hang around you would never pay for a can of soft drink if you were a designated driver for players who are staying on to drink.

Its actually my favourite part of playing is the smashing each other on the field but the comradeship off the field between opposing sides.

That culture stems back to the University/College demographic 'Boat Races' are a big part of the social structure. Obviously updated with the modern Drink Driving laws. Also helps the Rugby Union Community in SA is extremely small.

For Parklands based clubs it is very difficult to entice opposition clubs to the place where they drink as it usually requires getting in a car to drive 5 minutes down the road to some city pub. At away games they have to get back to the city pub and usually via home as they then have some other event to attend as well.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby whufc » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:33 pm

heater31 wrote:
whufc wrote:Its interesting to see different sports and how cultures have changed. I had been involved and around aussie rules clubs for 20 years but in the last season and a half have taken up rugby union where the 'after match opposition drinks' culture is extremly strong.

That culture stems back to the University/College demographic 'Boat Races' are a big part of the social structure. Obviously updated with the modern Drink Driving laws. Also helps the Rugby Union Community in SA is extremely small.

For Parklands based clubs it is very difficult to entice opposition clubs to the place where they drink as it usually requires getting in a car to drive 5 minutes down the road to some city pub. At away games they have to get back to the city pub and usually via home as they then have some other event to attend as well.

Definitely agree, being smaller and being unique to this state there seems to be a lot of respect for one another in just the fact they play the same sport.

Also being so small a lot of players have played at a couple of the clubs meaning they have built friendships with rivals etc previously.

Its definitely an area i think aussie rules clubs could try and do better from my personal experience.

And agree that the parklands based clubs have a much more difficult task than the suburban based clubs. With all these 'pop up bars' appearing everywhere is there a way parkland based clubs could try and tap into that.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:10 pm

heater31 wrote:

What a load of bollocks! What is wrong with having a beer outside the changerooms. We have played Blackfriars and Pulteney in the parklands and both clubs packed their shit up so they could get out of there as quickly as possible without any thought to having a drink with the opposition.
And as for the away games, how is that any different to any other club?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Dangeroos » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:17 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
heater31 wrote:

What a load of bollocks! What is wrong with having a beer outside the changerooms. We have played Blackfriars and Pulteney in the parklands and both clubs packed their shit up so they could get out of there as quickly as possible without any thought to having a drink with the opposition.

Smithfield always invites the opposition into the club after games for a 2 or 3 jugs. Away venues usually do fairly well at the bar with the Smitty supporters, as long as they stock up on the red tins.
Dangeroos
Mini-League

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 30 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:27 pm

Dangeroos wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:
heater31 wrote:

Smithfield always invites the opposition into the club after games for a 2 or 3 jugs. Away venues usually do fairly well at the bar with the Smitty supporters, as long as they stock up on the red tins.

You bloked were excellent in R1 at our ground.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Demon Juke » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:48 pm

Executive Member wrote:
Demon Juke wrote:

maybe put on a couple of free jugs and let them know

that's how I always remembered it

Maybe if they bothered to come in they would see the free jugs! North Haven & Westminster have looked us when visited this year. :D
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Postby Demon Juke » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:03 pm

Minion Master wrote:
Demon Juke wrote:

Excuses don't come into it, depends when your own club has stated pressos will be, hard pushed if playing one side of town to get back to base for 6.30pm pressos :roll:

Game finished around 4.45pm, shower have a drink at opposition club - leave at 5.15 or 5.30pm - gives you 1 hour to drive back to your club for award's Unless you need to go home and have a shower by yourself Minion?
Last edited by Demon Juke on Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Postby Minion Master » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:35 am

Demon Juke wrote:
Minion Master wrote:
Demon Juke wrote:

Game finished around 4.45pm, shower have a drink at opposition club - leave at 5.15 or 5.50pm - gives you 1 hour to drive back to your club for award's Unless you need to go home and have a shower by yourself Minion?

Wife likes to shower with me so never knock that back but have heard you like to pick up soap DJ ;)
Minion Master
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Broughton-Mundoora

Postby HH3 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:32 pm

Minion Master wrote:Wife likes to shower with me so never knock that back but have heard you like to pick up soap DJ ;)

No reason she cant shower in the changerooms with you
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:58 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
Dangeroos wrote:Smithfield always invites the opposition into the club after games for a 2 or 3 jugs. Away venues usually do fairly well at the bar with the Smitty supporters, as long as they stock up on the red tins.

Bear in mind that I had the day off from umpiring that day, I took about $80 with me and ended up using the eftpos.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby carey » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:00 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:
Dangeroos wrote:Smithfield always invites the opposition into the club after games for a 2 or 3 jugs. Away venues usually do fairly well at the bar with the Smitty supporters, as long as they stock up on the red tins.

Bear in mind that I had the day off from umpiring that day, I took about $80 with me and ended up using the eftpos.

You drunk!
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League