Good news stories

Anything!

Good news stories

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:27 am

I didn't know where this fitted in so I decided to dedicate a thread for people to post things in their lives that they'd like to share.

As some of you may be aware, my step-son was killed in a road accident in September, it would've been his 21st on Sunday and I spent the day hurting like hell.
I was awoken Monday morning around 5:30am to the news of my 19 year old nephew being involved in a serious car accident and was on life support in the RAH with the likelihood of making it through very slim.
He had severed the main artery in his abdomen and when they discovered this through opening him up and blood pissing out all over the ceiling and walls and he lost around 5 litres of blood as well as other damage.
Three lots of major surgery and having to leave him open they were finally able to close him yesterday afternoon and the surgeons were happy with what they'd done.
I just received news of him waking up and he's talking, I've spent most of the last couple of days with my brother at the hospital providing support and helping him through the rollercoaster of emotions and the feeling of uselessness we get at times like this.
I'm so grateful for the wonderful surgeons and nurses we have at the RAH and so overwhelmed that my nephew has pulled through.
Life is so precious and can be taken away from us so easily, hugs are for free and so is telling our loved ones how much we love them, always seize the opportunity.

Thank you and enjoy your day, I'm a bit of a mess but it's all from being overcome with joy now.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Re: Good news stories

Postby JK » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:31 am

Mate, thats a pretty rough trot you and yours have been experiencing, great to hear that your nephew has pulled through, hope he continues to get better
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:45 am

JK wrote:Mate, thats a pretty rough trot you and yours have been experiencing, great to hear that your nephew has pulled through, hope he continues to get better

Yeah mate, it's been a tough ride, a marriage breakdown, my dad becoming ill and passing away then these, there's been a few other bumps in the road but we can't govern what we can't control and there's no point being all miserable and hating the world.
It's just great to have a win, he's got a tough road ahead but the worst is behind us all.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:47 am

JK wrote:Mate, thats a pretty rough trot you and yours have been experiencing, great to hear that your nephew has pulled through, hope he continues to get better

No wonder I have no friends, it's hardly a glowing endorsement to want to be close to me LOL
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby JK » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:58 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Yeah mate, it's been a tough ride, a marriage breakdown, my dad becoming ill and passing away then these, there's been a few other bumps in the road but we can't govern what we can't control and there's no point being all miserable and hating the world.
It's just great to have a win, he's got a tough road ahead but the worst is behind us all.

Good outlook mate, can be hard to maintain when it's raining shit, but to come out the other side of such ordeals is the main thing.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby valleys07 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:48 pm

I'm glad to hear your nephew is on the mend, LM. As has been said, a great win after a fairly rough trot!
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:51 pm

JK wrote:
Good outlook mate, can be hard to maintain when it's raining shit, but to come out the other side of such ordeals is the main thing.

Yeah mate, if it was raining nipples, I'd get hit by an arsehole.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:52 pm

valleys07 wrote:I'm glad to hear your nephew is on the mend, LM. As has been said, a great win after a fairly rough trot!

Thanks fella, we take a win where we can, it was certainly not the outcome I was expecting 2 and a bit days ago.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:49 am

I'm glad something has gone your way mate, while still a tough time for the family clearly it beats the alternative. Best wishes to you and the lad.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:30 pm

Booney wrote:I'm glad something has gone your way mate, while still a tough time for the family clearly it beats the alternative. Best wishes to you and the lad.

Yeah, thanks Booney. I took my 3 kids in to see him last night and although he was quite groggy he lit up somewhat when he seen my son and I enter the room (we were only allowed 2 in at a time). It was great to hear his voice despite the obvious struggle he was having after having tubes and shit stuck down his throat, the doctors and nurses of the RAH are world class, I couldn't believe the difference 62 hours made.

It chugged me up as I left the room, I could see that he needed rest but had to see him to rid my head of the vision's I had seen the previous days.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion