Save the Tigers

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Save the Tigers

Postby Big Phil » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:36 pm

Will sign up with the Tigers in the next couple of weeks...
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby Dog_ger2 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:19 am

If all SANFL'ers cant get behind this mighty club, SHAME.

Hang your heads in shame.

We can't let our grass roots comp to disappear.

This is the beginning of the end.

West Torrens.... Who???

Where do we donate..!

SAVE THE SANFL.

United we stay.
Dog_ger2
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 17 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury North

Postby Dog_ger2 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:22 am

If all SANFL'ers cant get behind this mighty club, SHAME.

Hang your heads in shame.

We can't let our grass roots comp to disappear.

This is the beginning of the end.

West Torrens.... Who???

Where is The Barton..?

Where do we donate..!

SAVE THE SANFL.

United we stay.

Go Dogs, everyone is struggling. United we will survive.
Dog_ger2
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 17 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury North

Postby Booney » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:52 am

Spargo wrote:I asked the question today to 3 different, independent, unbias people as to why the SANFL can't pay Glenelg their share of the sale of Footy Pk up front to help pay the debts & provide financial stability.
One was pretty sure the money from the sale was coming through bit by bit from the property developers with more $ to come when the housing is actually built & sold.
All of them were pretty sure the SANFL couldn't do it off their own bat as the bank account is a pretty bare after majorly bailing out Port.
Can someone confirm/deny?

Not going to deny the funds Port have received, but I will question what has gone into the coffers since the move to AO, how has that worked with the SANFL?

What about the money from the sale of the licences?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:45 am

Booney wrote:
Spargo wrote:I asked the question today to 3 different, independent, unbias people as to why the SANFL can't pay Glenelg their share of the sale of Footy Pk up front to help pay the debts & provide financial stability.
One was pretty sure the money from the sale was coming through bit by bit from the property developers with more $ to come when the housing is actually built & sold.
All of them were pretty sure the SANFL couldn't do it off their own bat as the bank account is a pretty bare after majorly bailing out Port.
Can someone confirm/deny?

Not going to deny the funds Port have received, but I will question what has gone into the coffers since the move to AO, how has that worked with the SANFL?

What about the money from the sale of the licences?

Both paid off debt created by propping up the Power. Still hasn't fully been covered but at least a majority of the land sales can go towards the clubs but this will be heavily back ended with conditions.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby JK » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:52 am

Finally got around to watching the video .. 5 minutes was a bit too long and there was too much Glenelg for my liking :D

Im at the club for a show in August so will find a way to get a bit of a donation happening.

Question for Bays fan's - Who's Bill Holst, and whats his history with the club? Any relation to the Holst running around in the 80's?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Spargo » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:15 am

JK wrote:Finally got around to watching the video .. 5 minutes was a bit too long and there was too much Glenelg for my liking :D

Im at the club for a show in August so will find a way to get a bit of a donation happening.

Question for Bays fan's - Who's Bill Holst, and whats his history with the club? Any relation to the Holst running around in the 80's?

Yep, David's old man. Been time keeper for around 40 years.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby JohnnyG » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:57 am

How about:
(i) the PAPs pay $400,000 pa for their AFL Reserves to participate in the SANFL just like the Crows do - that gives $50,000 to Glenelg p.a.
(ii) the PAPs play their "home" games away just like the Crows do - that gives Glenelg another home game to make a few $
(iii) the PAPs repay their $15 million to the SANFL - then the 8 pure Clubs can use their share to upgrade facilities etc
(iv) and i'm sure there's more

Why is it ok for the SANFL to handout $15 million to the PAPs who in return just denigrate, undermine and abuse the SANFL,
yet not ok to give a small handout to its pure struggling Clubs such as Glenelg who are all an integral part of the SANFL?
JohnnyG
Rookie

Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby UK Fan » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:57 am

And this is a club that must report a $100k profit next year.

Bwaaahhhhh!!!!!

Great work Chiggy.

Hate to say I told you so
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby hereselmo1 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:04 pm

Honestly the shit that is spoken about Port on this board is unbelievable.

Despite the bullshit thst is spoken about Port by SANFL and particularly Glenelg fans.

Despite the public comments running down Port from Glenelg officials including previous presidents.

Despite the ridicule and slander directed towards Port and their supporters, especially when Port went through tough times and were rattling the tin.

I come here inclined to want to support the Bays given the way people supported Port and bought memberships when we needed it and given how much it means to people I know and like like Dutchy.

But when you read the stuff on here with ppl on one hand asking for donations and on the other slagging off my club and its supporters then I feel inclined to put my hands back in my pockets.

Like it or not Port is still a significant uncome generator for football in this state. Port has more members than the SANFL clubs combined.

Maybe you should be reaching out with an olive branch rather than a forked tongue?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
hereselmo1
Under 16s

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Spargo » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:17 pm

hereselmo1 wrote:Honestly the shit that is spoken about Port on this board is unbelievable.

Despite the bullshit thst is spoken about Port by SANFL and particularly Glenelg fans.

Despite the public comments running down Port from Glenelg officials including previous presidents.

Despite the ridicule and slander directed towards Port and their supporters, especially when Port went through tough times and were rattling the tin.

I come here inclined to want to support the Bays given the way people supported Port and bought memberships when we needed it and given how much it means to people I know and like like Dutchy.

But when you read the stuff on here with ppl on one hand asking for donations and on the other slagging off my club and its supporters then I feel inclined to put my hands back in my pockets.

Like it or not Port is still a significant uncome generator for football in this state. Port has more members than the SANFL clubs combined.

Maybe you should be reaching out with an olive branch rather than a forked tongue?

I'd quite happily endure the ridicule & shit canning if it meant we even got only 20% in bail out money that your club was afforded on more than one occasion.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby heater31 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:21 pm

hereselmo1 wrote:Honestly the shit that is spoken about Port on this board is unbelievable.

Where is all that support when you almost bankrupted yourselves and the competition you came from? Any chance you could stand on your own 2 feet the next time the bank account looks a bit bare?
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby tigerpie » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:28 pm

Can anyone tell me how much we had to fork out in court costs to get the lights up and running.
Correct me if i'm wrong but 7 residents took us to court didn't they?
I heard it was a 6 figure sum we had to pay which would have caned the bottom line.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:36 pm

Plus a few other administrative issues haven't helped the cause in recent times
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:57 pm

And here I was thinking Port people didn't care what the rest of us thought about them...
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby hollywood7477 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:26 pm

JohnnyG wrote:How about:
(i) the PAPs pay $400,000 pa for their AFL Reserves to participate in the SANFL just like the Crows do - that gives $50,000 to Glenelg p.a.
(ii) the PAPs play their "home" games away just like the Crows do - that gives Glenelg another home game to make a few $
(iii) the PAPs repay their $15 million to the SANFL - then the 8 pure Clubs can use their share to upgrade facilities etc
(iv) and i'm sure there's more

Why is it ok for the SANFL to handout $15 million to the PAPs who in return just denigrate, undermine and abuse the SANFL,
yet not ok to give a small handout to its pure struggling Clubs such as Glenelg who are all an integral part of the SANFL?

U can sit there and bag Port Power about the money they owe. How about your club the Crows pay back all the millions of dollars in rent they owe the SANFL. Been in the AFL since 1991 its now 2016 geez 25 years rent free. Maybe Glenelg can have a share of that
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 71 times

Postby Panther Pack » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:52 pm

Bays need to pump up this weekend's game and get a big crowd in to kick start the Save the Tigers campaign.

They had a good win last week.

The only game on the Public Holiday Monday.

Weather at the moment looks like it will be dry.
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby therisingblues » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:04 pm

I started reading your post expecting you to refute the shit people speak about. So why didn't you? I think the issues raised about Port playing to a different set of conditions to the ravens definitely has a detrimental financial impact on the SANFL when you consider the obvious damage the AFL reserves inflicts on the competition.
If there's another side of the story let's hear it.
If there is no other side to the story I think it's a bit rich expecting Glenelg to go to you with an olive branch.
Then I didn't read anyone slagging off the supporters. What's that about?
If you don't want to help the cause you don't have to. But if you're basing that decision on ill directed abuse of your club then you should be able to show exactly how what people are saying is not true.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby UK Fan » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:32 pm

Don't worry Lads. I'm sure the SA football leviathan that is Booney will correct the misguided port fan on the damage his club has caused sa football.

After all he has always had sa footballs best intentions in his heart and certainly not just one clubs.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby RB » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:59 pm

What ye sow, so shall ye reap, Chiggy...
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL