Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby valleys07 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:14 pm

JK wrote:
Booney wrote:Be it an American Muslim, a Jewish Canadian, a bi-sexual Mexican, a transgender African-American, what the **** ever, no gun, no bang bang shoot 'em up.

2nd amendment, adopted in 1791, which was perfect at the time as the old musket was perfect for keeping the old brown bears at bay really means **** all now, doesn't it? When will they get it?

I quite like this skit.

This particular line gets me every time:

"There is one argument, and one argument alone for having a gun, and this is it: "**** off, I like guns!"

:lol:
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby tipper » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:46 pm

Wedgie wrote:
tipper wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Booney wrote:Be it an American Muslim, a Jewish Canadian, a bi-sexual Mexican, a transgender African-American, what the **** ever, no gun, no bang bang shoot 'em up.

2nd amendment, adopted in 1791, which was perfect at the time as the old musket was perfect for keeping the old brown bears at bay really means **** all now, doesn't it? When will they get it?

They managed to get Prohibition taken out of the constitution they can get the right to bear arms taken out as well........

ok, so banning alcohol didnt work, but banning guns will?

Noone's killed 49 people with a beer mate.

over 49 brain cells maybe ;) . my point is, outright banning them just wont work.
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Wedgie » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:51 pm

tipper wrote:over 49 brain cells maybe ;) . my point is, outright banning them just wont work.

It won't hurt.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3893 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby stan » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:05 pm

Wedgie wrote:
tipper wrote:over 49 brain cells maybe ;) . my point is, outright banning them just wont work.

It won't hurt.

No it wont work. As I said the issue is gar deeper. The issue about how easy it is to get a gun. Even adding measures about legal gun control wont be enough its the black market gu sales that really is the issue.

No idea if they can actually clean that up. Really doubt it to bw honest. As boon said just too far gone.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby HH3 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:05 pm

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby RustyCage » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:46 pm

Bob Katters video. WADH
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:59 pm

stan wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

It won't hurt.

No it wont work. As I said the issue is gar deeper. The issue about how easy it is to get a gun. Even adding measures about legal gun control wont be enough its the black market gu sales that really is the issue.

No idea if they can actually clean that up. Really doubt it to bw honest. As boon said just too far gone.

Most recent mass shootings involved legally bought guns.
Add to that most illegal guns were legal initially.

It really isn't rocket science.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby tipper » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:24 pm

if its so easy then, why havent they done it? they didnt even ban guns here, despite popular belief, and we never had the "gun culture" that they do. you can still legally buy the same guns that people bang on about americans getting. there is an ar15 for sale online right now in Qld. perfectly fine to own here in australia with the right licence. and many other semi automatic long guns, let alone all the semi auto hand guns that are perfectly legal to own too. yet we dont have their issues, and never have had the scale of issues they have (before or after the tightened laws in 96)

why dont you explain how to shut down a multi billion dollar industry overnight, put thousands of people out of work, and get all the previously legally owned guns back from all the populace in an orderly manner? while you are at it, provide farmers a humane, cheap, and targeted method of dealing with vermin and pests, hunters a method of getting cheap meat, and the general public another tool to defend themselves with that any one, young or old can use (which they are still allowed to do over there, even if we cant...)

their government cant afford to buy them all back, and all the public wouldnt all comply anyway, you cant arrest 90% of the population all at once, they have no where to put that many prisoners, and who would be left to work, and they have no idea who owns what anyway. it is an impossible task. they could start by limiting who can buy them to begin with more tightly, but i doubt they could even get that to be implimented. the gun industry is just too big over there

although wedgie being the certified genious that he is can now show us all exactly how easy it will all be.
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Wedgie » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:43 pm

Don't have to be a certified genius or rude to put people before dollars.
No use in going into logistics (and you answered some of your own questions inadvertently anyway) as we all know it won't happen because of the power of the NRA in the US and how easy so many Yanks can be brainwashed.
Can't see things getting much better in a hurry either with the popularity of Trump. They're a scary mob, the place really is heading the way of Nazi Germany.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby tipper » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:52 pm

Wedgie wrote:Don't have to be a certified genius or rude to put people before dollars.
No use in going into logistics (and you answered some of your own questions inadvertently anyway) as we all know it won't happen because of the power of the NRA in the US and how easy so many Yanks can be brainwashed.
Can't see things getting much better in a hurry either with the popularity of Trump. They're a scary mob, the place really is heading the way of Nazi Germany.

Not really. The nazis confiscated civilian firearms when they first came to power. To be like them the US would take your advice and do the same.

But yes, their upcoming leaders are all batshit crazy, just like most of the rest of their country
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Wedgie » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:58 pm

tipper wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Don't have to be a certified genius or rude to put people before dollars.

Not really. The nazis confiscated civilian firearms when they first came to power. To be like them the US would take your advice and do the same.

But yes, their upcoming leaders are all batshit crazy, just like most of the rest of their country

Fair point. I think the US is scarier than a lot of aspects of Nazi Germany but didn't want to say it!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Failed Creation » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:00 pm

valleys07 wrote:
JK wrote:

I quite like this skit.

This particular line gets me every time:

"There is one argument, and one argument alone for having a gun, and this is it: "**** off, I like guns!"

:lol:

Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby tipper » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:02 pm

Wedgie wrote:
tipper wrote:

Fair point. I think the US is scarier than a lot of aspects of Nazi Germany but didn't want to say it!

actually, i just looked it up, the "popular" belief (i have read it in many places) that the Nazis confiscated guns is a lie. my apologies for perpetuating the bullshit.

they actually deregulated a lot of the gun laws imposed upon the populace after world war 1 and made it easier for people to own them. i think your comparison is more accurate than i realised
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Wedgie » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:14 am

998 shootings in the US in the last 3.5 years.
2 involved Muslims, 998 involved males.
And Donald Trump thinks they have a problem with muslims but not male violence?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby MW » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:20 am

Wedgie wrote:998 shootings in the US in the last 3.5 years.
2 involved Muslims, 998 involved males.
And Donald Trump thinks they have a problem with muslims but not male violence?

I saw this same tweet going viral...

I think the issue with extremism with ISIS is separated from US mass shootings myself. I don't think the two are related.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2609 times
Been liked: 1849 times

Postby am Bays » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:27 am

Trying to get four tickets for the SACA rooms for the showdown in attempt to win son-in-law of the year from the in-laws (I don't care but they love the Crows)

Had a computer and phone going for on-line bookings, can only get two tickets per membership (not a problem with that)

Computer (winner winner chicken dinner ) two tickets

Phone (Bzzzt guess again) allocation exceeded - nada - all by 9:06 am after going on sale at 9

So what to do with two relatively un-wanted Langley room tickets to the Showdown that come with a 3.5 hour booze and food package,,,,,,

Four tickets to the Adelaide Brisbane game - not a problem will be availbale up until game day I reckon
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:32 am

Donate to Glenelg to Auction off..to raise some funds..
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11848 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby Pseudo » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:42 am

am Bays wrote:So what to do with two relatively un-wanted Langley room tickets to the Showdown

(alright, I wouldn't pass up 3.5 hours of booze, but still...)
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1559 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby The Ash Man » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:31 am

am Bays wrote:Trying to get four tickets for the SACA rooms for the showdown in attempt to win son-in-law of the year from the in-laws (I don't care but they love the Crows)

Had a computer and phone going for on-line bookings, can only get two tickets per membership (not a problem with that)

Phone (Bzzzt guess again) allocation exceeded - nada - all by 9:06 am after going on sale at 9

So what to do with two relatively un-wanted Langley room tickets to the Showdown that come with a 3.5 hour booze and food package,,,,,,

Four tickets to the Adelaide Brisbane game - not a problem will be availbale up until game day I reckon

The NM Thursday night game sold out quickly too, I'm also going to the Brisbane game instead!
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:36 am

am Bays wrote:Trying to get four tickets for the SACA rooms for the showdown in attempt to win son-in-law of the year from the in-laws (I don't care but they love the Crows)

Is there such a thing?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion