7%
West Croydon
32%
Woodville South
14%

Total votes : 91

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:58 am

Yank Man wrote:You know what Q, for us little so called piss ant clubs who work so hard without a $75k budget to pay players in Div 6

Who refers to you as a piss ant club and who the hell has a 75k budget in D6 (except brahma :lol: ) ?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby Minion Master » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:06 am

Zartan wrote:
Yank Man wrote:You know what Q, for us little so called piss ant clubs who work so hard without a $75k budget to pay players in Div 6

Who refers to you as a piss ant club and who the hell has a 75k budget in D6 (except brahma :lol: ) ?

Lodge may be leading the pack with the budget but certainly plenty of others paying good coin ;)
Minion Master
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Broughton-Mundoora

Postby Minion Master » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:08 am

how's everything going in the foot hills Q, hearing a bit of player discontent with current a grade player selection criteria?
Minion Master
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Broughton-Mundoora

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:43 am

A grade playing List 24
A grade Injured players 9
A Grade players away with work 1
A Grade/B grade border line players to pick from 5
A grade / B grade border line players who train 2 nights a week 2

We got the spots but the players who can or should be able to fill have not put in the time or effort and are unfit
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Old_mate21 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:13 pm

I am surprised not much has been mentioned of Trinity losing on their home deck to Fitzroy?? Would be a massive fail if they didn't play finals I would have thought?
Old_mate21
Rookie

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby BZB27 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:25 pm

Minion Master wrote:how's everything going in the foot hills Q, hearing a bit of player discontent with current a grade player selection criteria?

Id say one player who cant cop it on the chin...
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Q. » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:30 pm

Lol

The selection criteria so far has mostly been "oh, you're not injured? You're in"
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:32 pm

Old_mate21 wrote:I am surprised not much has been mentioned of Trinity losing on their home deck to Fitzroy?? Would be a massive fail if they didn't play finals I would have thought?

5th to last will be a toss of the coin injuries to CHF/CHB/RUCKS will decide who finishes 5th

trinity has 2 big guys that are just that not really much of impact players compared to others around the same mark
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:33 pm

Old_mate21 wrote:I am surprised not much has been mentioned of Trinity losing on their home deck to Fitzroy?? Would be a massive fail if they didn't play finals I would have thought?

Huge result, and deplorable outcome for TOS! Golden opportunity to go a game and a half clear in 5th.

Massive for Fitzroy too, they've now managed to squeeze out of the relegation zone on percentage - may come down to Round 18 vs Houghton to see who stays up!
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Arch44 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:34 pm

Zartan wrote:

Huge result, and deplorable outcome for TOS! Golden opportunity to go a game and a half clear in 5th.

Massive for Fitzroy too, they've now managed to squeeze out of the relegation zone on percentage - may come down to Round 18 vs Houghton to see who stays up!

All so only a game and % from 5th ;)
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:35 pm

BZB27 wrote:
Minion Master wrote:how's everything going in the foot hills Q, hearing a bit of player discontent with current a grade player selection criteria?

make that 2 people :) .....................Im on strike as of today until 2 things are cleared up my goals and a thank you from Q for not stealing his goal when i had every chance to do so....... 21 year old me would have stolen that goal and never looked back
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:40 pm

Arch44 wrote:All so only a game and % from 5th ;)

I reckon you could potentially win 3x more games - AL, ML, HD

TOS have AL during school holidays, MP at home, ML.

I reckon you'd need 4x wins from here to scrape in.. big ask
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Arch44 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Zartan wrote:
Arch44 wrote:All so only a game and % from 5th ;)

I reckon you could potentially win 3x more games - AL, ML, HD

TOS have AL during school holidays, MP at home, ML.

I reckon you'd need 4x wins from here to scrape in.. big ask

You didn't think we would win Saturday either. ;)
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:53 pm

Arch44 wrote:You didn't think we would win Saturday either. ;)

To be fair, you prob didn't either :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Q. » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:56 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:
BZB27 wrote:

make that 2 people :) .....................Im on strike as of today until 2 things are cleared up my goals and a thank you from Q for not stealing his goal when i had every chance to do so....... 21 year old me would have stolen that goal and never looked back

I owe you a coke for that... Lovely shepherd on the line, you could've easily had a bag of five
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Arch44 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:58 pm

Zartan wrote:

Hey I got it right in the tips :lol:
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby Ditchy » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:04 pm

A bit of lunch room talk today that the farmers might be in a bit of trouble due to a C grade indiscretion. A young Eastern Park lad ending up in hospital......Would not be a good result on where they're sitting.
Ditchy

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:20 pm

Arch44 wrote:
Zartan wrote:

Hey I got it right in the tips :lol:

Haha! You've picked Fitzroy every week - bound to get one right eventually :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:31 pm

Ditchy wrote:A bit of lunch room talk today that the farmers might be in a bit of trouble due to a C grade indiscretion. A young Eastern Park lad ending up in hospital......Would not be a good result on where they're sitting.

Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:31 pm

Ladder after Round 11
21 - West Croydon
18 - Woodville South
18 - Ingle Farm
14 - Brahma Lodge
09 - Trinity OS
-----------------------------------
08 - Mawson Lakes
06 - Fitzroy
06 - Houghton Districts
06 - Adelaide Lutheran
04 - Mitchell Park

Round 12
Adelaide Lutheran v West Croydon: The Bulldogs let a golden opportunity slip at the weekend, after leading Ingle Farm all day, they just couldn't quite hold on and eventually fell away to record a narrow loss. Jeremy Borgas, Stollznow and Bobolka were superb all day for the Dogs - surprising not to see them listed 1-2-3 in the best players. The loss puts them firmly in the relegation zone, and life doesn't get any easier this week as they face a side at the opposite end of the spectrum. West Croydon laid to rest any doubts over their credential's as the side to beat, edging past other flag favourite Woodville South in a tight contest. Jacob Sumner found himself in a different role up forward this week, and a game high return of 4 goals shows his worth to the side, and further presses claims for a 2nd medal this season. Familiar names continue to fire for the Hawks, Horsman, Nicholls and Francis enjoying big days out. Adelaide Lutheran have their work cut out this week, they'll need to produce a greater output for longer to give themselves any chance, but I suspect this will be a blow out, as the Hawks begin winding up towards finals and show little mercy and regard to opposition sides in its path.

Brahma Lodge v Houghton Districts: Brahma recorded the win on the weekend, and whilst it appears to have been comfortable, I'm sure they'll be disappointed they took their foot off in the last. Leading by as much as 14 goals during the 3rd quarter, the Lodge came to a stand still as the Lakes stormed home, but the Tigers were able to hold on for a 5 goals win. Aloisi dangerous as usual with 9 goals, while Steele joined West Croydon's Jacob Sumner as a short medal chance with a stellar performance. Savage, Cosenza and Huitema rounded out the Tigers best - all premiership players from the other year, and perhaps the Tiger army is beginning to find that mojo once more. Houghton on the other hand suffered a heart breaking 16 point loss at home to Mitchell Park. Whilst Bray & Dolan did their best up forward for the Raiders, and Keetch and Vandermoer did everything they could to propel the Raiders to victory, it wasn't to be. 5 goals to 2 second quarter proved the difference. Now in a tough battle to stay in D6, the Raiders will need to produce their best if they're to challenge a side like Brahma who are still eying off a double chance.

Ingle Farm v Trinity OS: Ingle Farm used their get out of jail card Saturday, as they trailed Lutheran all day before 10min of brilliance from Nick Lynch saw the Dogs race home to a narrow victory and maintain their buffer on 4th place. Ferguson and Hancock were devastating all day for the Farmers, while Smart and Mount battled tirelessly. Trinity on the other hand would be fuming at their result, missing a golden opportunity against an opponent that they would've expected to beat. Complacent? Lack of Respect? Lazy? What ever the case, the result has heaped pressure on the TOSsers who remain marginally ahead of the competition in 5th place, but with some tough games to come will need to improve drastically to impact on finals. Lamont again solid as he and Cotter collected 3 each while MacPhail added another lazy BOG to his season tally - if the umpires notice him like the TOS coaches do, he will be right at the top of the medal count. Cavallaro and Winning did their parts but it was to no avail. Larger ground at Rowe Park may test the Lions with their bigger bodies, I suspect a shoot out in this game though, both sides with plenty on the line, it'll be a cracker.

Mitchell Park v Fitzroy: The battle of the Lions this week, and it'll be the Mitchell Park variety heading in with the slight favouritism after obtaining a much needed away win against rival Houghton. The Parkers have shown glimpse this season of their capabilities without being able to obtain the points, and will have enjoyed the victory and breath a little easier. Lynton Power continues to be a massive pick up, while Halime is proving a good foil for McDonnell and Walczak found his way at the wrong end of the ground to snag a couple. They'll head into this clash full of confidence and looking to build on that against their Lion counterparts who delivered arguably the upset of the year to date, trouncing TOS away from home when everyone had them beat. Straight goal kicking proving the difference as the 'Roys kicked 15-3! Wheadon helping himself to 6, while a plethora of others collected majors. Smith, Avery and Leak amongst the best as the 'Roys finally found a greater number of contributors this week. Must win clash for both Lions outfits - not only does a victory move them well clear of relegation, but potentially within striking range of a finals spot.

Woodville South v Mawson Lakes: The Cats will be seething with their missed opportunity Saturday, as they fell 11 points shy of West Croydon. The loss puts them on level pegging with the Farmers, and sets up an almighty Rd 18 clash later in the year. Ransom and Burns were solid for the Cats and Dankiewicz showed a return to form, as he linked up with Hains to drive the Cats forward. Mawson Lakes on the other hand, although having lost, will be buoyed by their last quarter effort to peg back the margin againt Brahma. Led by Brown and Kennett, the Mozzies kicked a bag in the last to fall 5 goals shy of the Tigers. McCammon gave his midfield first use, and Bennett was a strong target up forward. They'll need to produce a similar performance this week, but for 4 quarters as they face a step up in quality and a side coming off a loss and eager to bounce back and send a stern message to the competition. I sense this could be a blow out as Woody South flex their muscles and roar to a comprehensive victory.
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League