7%
West Croydon
32%
Woodville South
14%

Total votes : 91

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:44 pm

Ditchy wrote:A bit of lunch room talk today that the farmers might be in a bit of trouble due to a C grade indiscretion. A young Eastern Park lad ending up in hospital......Would not be a good result on where they're sitting.

Are they still even on notice? Didn't think they'd been in trouble for a while... mind you my perception of time isn't what it used to be :oops:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:49 pm

Should be stripped of all premiership points in all grades, and should be forced to forfeit all 3 grades this week.. No further investigation required
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:56 pm

D6R Ladder after Round 11:
20 - West Croydon
20 - Woodville South
14 - Trinity OS
14 - Ingle Farm
14 - Brahma Lodge
--------------------------------
14 - Mitchell Park
08 - Adelaide Lutheran
02 - Mawson Lakes
02 - Fitzroy
02 - Houghton Districts

Round 12:
Adelaide Lutheran v West Croydon: Adelaide Lutheran home again, coming off another large loss find the going will be tough again this Saturday as they host league leader West Croydon. The Bulldogs competitive against the Farmers but couldn't hit the scoreboard, even with a 19-4 free kick count. Clarke, Nelson and Phelan worked hard all day and can hold their heads high. The Hawks came crashing back down to Earth Saturday at the hands of Woody South, the top side losing by almost 10 goals. Watkins worked hard all day, while Bottrell, Wilcox and Towns did the best they could to keep the Hawks in the contest. They'll be filthy with the result, and out to make amends this week, the Hawks were 51 point victors in Round 3 and that margin could well be double this Saturday if Lutheran are not careful.

Brahma Lodge v Houghton: Brahma amongst a group of 4 sides vying for a double chance - let alone a spot in the 5 altogether! 10 goal win over Mawson Lakes at the weekend, with Nelson staking claims for an A grade return with 3 goals, while Taylor and Nicolson were strong, Gehlken firmed as their likely B&F this season with another fantastic performance. Houghton had the opposite day Saturday, on the end of a 96 point drumming from Mitchell Park. Szabo and Kerrigan mustn't be training, because they're two blokes who could move up to the 1's if need be, while Starr continues to be a rare shining light for the Raiders. Unfortunately this game looks to be very one sided, the Tigers will get the large percentage boost they need, the Raiders will remain glued to the bottom of the ladder, and a cricket scoreline looms.

Ingle Farm v Trinity OS: The Farmers have been building nicely over the past month, doing enough to collect the points on most occasions. This week they run into the side who demolished them in the Grand Final last year, and have been building even better themselves over recent weeks - Trinity OS. The TOSSERS are roaring into premiership calculations with their monstrous, no mercy approach in recent weeks. Krieg and Schaper both returned 6 goals each at the weekend, and Bosward and Teusner well amongst the best. Aggressive side who apply mountains of pressure, and compliment that with blistering speed and run, the Lions are a formidable unit when up and about. Ingle Farm will have their work cut out this week, Trinity have won the past two encounters by 9 goals, and with their amazing percentage will be firmly entrenched in 3rd spot at weekends end - while for Ingle Farm they'll tragically slip outside the 5 for the first time in a while, such is how close the comp is.

Mitchell Park v Fitzroy: Mitchell Park continue to remain in the hunt for finals - the bottom of the group of 4 sides on the same number of wins, the Lions will return to the top 5 this week as they face a struggling Fitzroy outfit. Wilson has been a regular goal kicker for the Parkers, and must surely be knocking on the door of an A grade gig, as he moved to the top of the D6R goal kicking with a 6 goal return last weekend. Wehbe, Nuske and Hartmann figured amongst the best for the Lions, as the weight was lifted from Davidson, Logan and Moroney doing the brunt of the work. Their opponent Fitzroy are simply battling to finish the season with some respectability. Beating by a whopping 134 points on the weekend, it's hard to find positives for the struggling Lions. Cavuoto, Eschbank and Cronin battled hard without must impact on the weekend, but they'll need to find a miracle to contest this one - a lot has changed since they fell 4 goals shy in Rd 3. Mitchell Park by plenty.

Woodville South v Mawson Lakes: Woodville South has stamped its name as a genuine premiership contender at the weekend, pantsing top of the ladder West Croydon to the tune of 55 points! Sumner backed up last weeks 8 goal haul with another 4, and would be just about ready to return to the A grade, as O'Regan prepares to return to the magoos. Miranda, Doan and Ward (x2) amongst the best for the Cats as they ran rampant at Fawk Reserve. Mawson Lakes on the other hand, despite showing signs of improvement over the year, fell 10 goals short of the Brahma Lodge outfit. 2-10 could've had a better scoreline with straighter kicking, with Matt Ralph the only goal kicer on the day, while Rae, Curtis and Carr can hold their heads high for their efforts. In round 3 it was Woody South by over 10 goals at Mawson Lakes, a ground that's surprisingly difficult at times to score big on - this week out at Ledger Reserve, should the weather stay fine and the Cats continue their form from Saturday, that margin will eclipse 100.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby morell » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:58 am

Hoping the Houghton people on here can pass on the MPFC's absolute unreserved apologies for one of our players behavior towards the Houghton reserves umpire. Drives me personally insane that I ram it home every single week about respecting our club, the umpires, teammates and the opposition.

I wasn't there but from all reports and as usual the Houghton umpire was excellent - one of the best in our opinion - and didn't deserve any of the abuse he got.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:07 am

morell wrote:I ram it home every single week about respecting our club, the umpires, teammates and the opposition.

One of the first things I write on the board every week..

As far as I'm concerned, umpires wont cost you a game - they'll all make poor decisions at times, some might even be blatantly bias, but it's how you handle those decisions and move on and focus on the game that will decide whether you win or lose.

Umpires don't drop marks, miss targets, kick points, turn the ball over, tackle high - take some responsibility and ownership over your actions, piss weak to blame the umpire.

Furthermore if you're playing B grade footy, then you get what you get - hard enough finding people to help out, without umps the game doesn't go ahead so just be thankful someone is willing to stick their hand up no matter how average they are.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby morell » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:10 am

We've all been frustrated by dodgy club umpires. But the Houghton dude is fantastic.

I wasn't there so I can't comment on the specifics, suffice to say the player involved will be lucky to play again as we have a club policy which doubles any tribunal sanction.
morell
Coach

Postby Q. » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:15 pm

Will pass it on. I didn't see what happened.

It's funny, I reckon Chris is a great because he let's the play go, doesn't over umpire and you generally don't notice him... but that doesn't stop our blokes from having a whinge!
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Minion Master » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:21 pm

Q. wrote:Will pass it on. I didn't see what happened.

It's funny, I reckon Chris is a great because he let's the play go, doesn't over umpire and you generally don't notice him... but that doesn't stop our blokes from having a whinge!

if it was Pugsley the abuse would probably be warranted he was a blatant cheat! :evil:
Minion Master
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Broughton-Mundoora

Postby Q. » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:23 pm

Minion Master wrote:

if it was Pugsley the abuse would probably be warranted he was a blatant cheat! :evil:

Against who? He always shafted us more than anyone.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Minion Master » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:16 pm

Q. wrote:
Minion Master wrote:

Against who? He always shafted us more than anyone.

well obviously you and every team and game he umpired :lol:
Minion Master
Rookie

Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Broughton-Mundoora

Postby ScubaSteve » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:30 pm

Shannon Thomas has been in the best two weeks in a row! should be pushing for a spot in the A's at Mawson.

don't know how boxhead can get best everyweek for Mawson.
ScubaSteve
Mini-League

Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury North

Postby morell » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:43 pm

ScubaSteve wrote:Shannon Thomas has been in the best two weeks in a row! should be pushing for a spot in the A's at Mawson.

well he is, and I am quoting him directly here - "an icon of Mawson Lakes"
morell
Coach

Postby carey » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:24 pm

Booooooooooxxxxxxxxxmachine
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2808 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby ScubaSteve » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:13 am

morell wrote:
ScubaSteve wrote:Shannon Thomas has been in the best two weeks in a row! should be pushing for a spot in the A's at Mawson.

well he is, and I am quoting him directly here - "an icon of The Slug and Lettuce"
ScubaSteve
Mini-League

Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury North

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:07 pm

D6
Premier - Woodville South
Runner Up - West Croydon
Relegated - Adelaide Lutheran & Houghton Districts
Medal - MacPhail (TOS) or Steele (BL)

D6R
Runner Up - West Croydon
Wooden Spoon - Houghton Districts
Medal - Joel Clarke (AL)

Others thoughts?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Yank Man » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:16 pm

Zartan wrote:D6
Runner Up - West Croydon
Relegated - Adelaide Lutheran & Houghton Districts
Medal - MacPhail (TOS) or Steele (BL)

D6R
Runner Up - West Croydon
Wooden Spoon - Houghton Districts
Medal - Joel Clarke (AL)

Others thoughts?

With 9 teams in Div 4 the likelihood is only team would get relegated.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Animus » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:39 pm

What happens with promotion/relegation when 2 or 3 teams from the SFL come in?
Animus
Under 16s

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby laser » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:59 pm

Only two or three?
laser
Under 16s

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 45 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby The Real Number 3 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:47 pm

Shannon is an absolute legend. If it wasn't for him we'd be be losing by a shitload more. Probably just not fit enough to last a game in the A'S to be honest ScubaSteve, only came out a few games into the season. Plus, im not sure he'd enjoy it all that much... But you already knew all of that im guessing.

haha @ every week. what is it, twice in the paper in a row?
One More!
The Real Number 3
League - Best 21

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 67 times

Postby The Real Number 3 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:49 pm

ScubaSteve wrote:
morell wrote:

well he is, and I am quoting him directly here - "an icon of [b]The Slug and Lettuce"[/b]

HAHAHAHA you serious? my name isn't Shaun Holland.
One More!
The Real Number 3
League - Best 21

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 67 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League