HFL Division 2 (Country)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

Postby cossi11 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:35 am

Toto wrote:I have heard first hand from a maccy B grader, and it is true. May be even worse. Not a King hit from what I'm told, a 3 punch combo...... At which his team mates were bragging about later on.

Disgusting.

I have seen the aftermath of the Birdwood players face and it was not pretty..
Backing up what was said by Grumpy old B! The guy is as genuine as they come, is a big fella and would never hurt anyone intentionally, just goes out and gets his job done week in and week out. Obviously too good for his opponent on the day (as he so often is) so he resorted to this, pathetic!! And ever more pathetic to be bragging about it!!
2020 AFL Premiers: Richmond 12.9.81 def Geelong 7.8.50
2019 AFL Premiers: Richmond 17.12.114 def Greater Western Sydney 3.7.25
2017 AFL Premiers: Adelaide 8.12.60 def by Richmond 16.12.108
2012 D5 Premiers: Brahma Lodge 24.15.159 def Hope Valley 7.13.55
cossi11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby statkeeper » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:40 am

Maccy B grade are a bunch of flogs. Running around thinking they are hardcore.
The guys hit someone and bragged about it. Goes to show he was pretty impressed with himself.
I can think of a few guys from a few other clubs that he wouldn't want to
Hit. He wouldn't be so tough.
statkeeper
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby The Gimp » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:31 pm

ORDoubleBlues wrote:
Grumpy Old B wrote:Heard today that a Maccesfield player in the B grade King hit a Birdwood player that wouldn't harm a fly. He ended with 15 stitches to his eye socket. They said that neither umpires officiating would have seen it as it was behind play. I hope Birdwood club report the offender. This act isn't part ofHills footy

If that true, that is disgraceful.
Thought that things were getting better in country footy in that regard but perhaps not.
Certainly some interesting characters running around in Maccy B's this year

Yep, cowardly act from the brain-dead moron from Maccy. And the worse part was the high-fives and pats on the back he was getting on the bench once he was sent off. :evil:
The Maccy supporters even had the nerve to whinge that he shouldn't have got sent off because the umpires didn't see it!
Seriously, footy society has moved on from this type of on-field violence 5 years ago but apparently the Maccy and Gum B graders didn't get the memo (probably couldn't read it anyway).
Let's hope the HFL make a stand against this once and for all and suspends him for 10+
But I won't hold my breath.....
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:10 pm

The Gimp wrote:Yep, cowardly act from the brain-dead moron from Maccy. And the worse part was the high-fives and pats on the back he was getting on the bench once he was sent off. :evil:
The Maccy supporters even had the nerve to whinge that he shouldn't have got sent off because the umpires didn't see it!
Seriously, footy society has moved on from this type of on-field violence 5 years ago but apparently the Maccy and Gum B graders didn't get the memo (probably couldn't read it anyway).
Let's hope the HFL make a stand against this once and for all and suspends him for 10+
But I won't hold my breath.....

Surely not.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby statkeeper » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:18 pm

Gums and macclesfeild are both a disgrace. They are not well respected clubs, they are Ferral! They are the typical bogan teams which ruin local football for everyone else. If these guys think they are tough why dont they get in the ring and see how they go.
No wonder they have no supporter base. Who would support teams/clubs like
These. The B grades most of all
statkeeper
Mini-League

Postby Toto » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:55 am

all for hard footy. As long as it's fair, nothing wrong with a big hip and shoulder. But throwing King hits isn't tough at all. It's weak as piss. Get in the ring if you wanna do that. And see how you go with someone that's going to come back at you.
Toto
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Grumpy Old B » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:39 am

Why don't we return to the times when the courier use to name and shame these perpetrator's. Perhaps then they mightn't thinks its funny when they have split someone's head open behind play or flashed the crown jewels to the crowd. They do it for drink drivers etc. Has Birdwood put in a club report??
Grumpy Old B

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Rooster » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:27 pm

cossi11 wrote:
Toto wrote:I have heard first hand from a maccy B grader, and it is true. May be even worse. Not a King hit from what I'm told, a 3 punch combo...... At which his team mates were bragging about later on.

Disgusting.

I have seen the aftermath of the Birdwood players face and it was not pretty..
Backing up what was said by Grumpy old B! The guy is as genuine as they come, is a big fella and would never hurt anyone intentionally, just goes out and gets his job done week in and week out. Obviously too good for his opponent on the day (as he so often is) so he resorted to this, pathetic!! And ever more pathetic to be bragging about it!!

pretty sure if all this guy gets is 10 games suspended he'll be getting off real light.... this isn't a matter for the HFL, it's for the police. people have died from a lot lighter hits then this one. real cheap, real cowardly, real pathetic.
Rooster
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby Cougar » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:23 pm

[quote="Grumpy Old B"]Why don't we return to the times when the courier use to name and shame these perpetrator's. Perhaps then they mightn't thinks its funny when they have split someone's head open behind play or flashed the crown jewels to the crowd. They do it for drink drivers etc. Has Birdwood put in a club report??[/quote]

From my understanding they have. Umpires would have trouble seeing the incident as it was that far behind play.
Cougar
League - Best 21

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby 19thman » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:28 pm

Cougar wrote:
Grumpy Old B wrote:Why don't we return to the times when the courier use to name and shame these perpetrator's. Perhaps then they mightn't thinks its funny when they have split someone's head open behind play or flashed the crown jewels to the crowd. They do it for drink drivers etc. Has Birdwood put in a club report??[/quote]

From my understanding they have. Umpires would have trouble seeing the incident as it was that far behind play.

Not even behind the play; there was no play. A goal had been scored and the ball was being brought to the middle. There was no melee, no scuffle or any push and shove. By all reports was completely out of the blue and unprovoked.
Will be interesting how the HFL go. Birdwood filed a report for a strike a few weeks ago, backed up by video footage and the HFL did nothing. No video footage this time.
19thman

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby twobob » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:38 pm

19thman wrote:
Cougar wrote:
Grumpy Old B wrote:Why don't we return to the times when the courier use to name and shame these perpetrator's. Perhaps then they mightn't thinks its funny when they have split someone's head open behind play or flashed the crown jewels to the crowd. They do it for drink drivers etc. Has Birdwood put in a club report??[/quote]

Not even behind the play; there was no play. A goal had been scored and the ball was being brought to the middle. There was no melee, no scuffle or any push and shove. By all reports was completely out of the blue and unprovoked.
Will be interesting how the HFL go. Birdwood filed a report for a strike a few weeks ago, backed up by video footage and the HFL did nothing. No video footage this time.

I will be aMAZED if the tribunal get through the aMAZEYing facts regarding this report
twobob
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Wudinna United

Postby Corona Man » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:42 pm

twobob wrote:
19thman wrote:
Cougar wrote:

I will be aMAZED if the tribunal get through the aMAZEYing facts regarding this report

From what I can tell , surely the NUMBER of games he will get is 8.... Be warned then, a few clubs will have this guys NUMBER.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1277 times
Been liked: 3476 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:59 pm

Not sure why you blokes are attempting to be cryptic
19thman wrote:Apparently Michael Mazey, who i believe used to play for Happy Valley, king hit a player behind the play he was playing against on the weekend where he is playing now. Does this surprise anyone?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Corona Man » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:06 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:Not sure why you blokes are attempting to be cryptic
19thman wrote:Apparently Michael Mazey, who i believe used to play for Happy Valley, king hit a player behind the play he was playing against on the weekend where he is playing now. Does this surprise anyone?

Hadn't seen that before.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1277 times
Been liked: 3476 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:07 pm

Corona Man wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:Not sure why you blokes are attempting to be cryptic

Hadn't seen that before.

On SFL forum
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby cossi11 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:35 am

19thman wrote:
Cougar wrote:

Surely common sense is used here... they take a look at the photos of the outcome and they have to do something about it... if they did nothing with video footage/evidence then seems unlikely they will do anything with a photo, pi$$ poor!!

A player in the SAAFL earlier this season got reported after a game, the club filed a report during the week after the game, showed pictures and he got 3 games for it. No video or photographic evidence to say he committed the incident yet still got 3 games... if the HFL don't make a stand on this then maybe they are the pathetic ones as well...
2020 AFL Premiers: Richmond 12.9.81 def Geelong 7.8.50
2019 AFL Premiers: Richmond 17.12.114 def Greater Western Sydney 3.7.25
2017 AFL Premiers: Adelaide 8.12.60 def by Richmond 16.12.108
2012 D5 Premiers: Brahma Lodge 24.15.159 def Hope Valley 7.13.55
cossi11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby 19thman » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:21 pm

Anyone know when the tribunal sits?
19thman

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Interested » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:41 pm

[quote="statkeeper"]Gums and macclesfeild are both a disgrace. They are not well respected clubs, they are Ferral! They are the typical bogan teams which ruin local football for everyone else. If these guys think they are tough why dont they get in the ring and see how they go.
No wonder they have no supporter base. Who would support teams/clubs like
These.
Last edited by Interested on Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Interested
Mini-League

Postby Grumpy Old B » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:41 pm

19thman wrote:Anyone know when the tribunal sits?

Tribunal sits Wednesday's in most cases BUT I hear that Birdwood failed to comply with HFL's bylaws again on club report"s. Surely when you get it wrong once you learn from your mistakes. He may be playing this week. Let's hope common sense prevails and Birdwood learns the rules of the HFL. What's your thoughts WOMan you had a great virgin article to then go into hibernation.
Grumpy Old B

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Cougar » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:46 am

Grumpy Old B wrote:
19thman wrote:Anyone know when the tribunal sits?

Tribunal sits Wednesday's in most cases BUT I hear that Birdwood failed to comply with HFL's bylaws again on club report"s. Surely when you get it wrong once you learn from your mistakes. He may be playing this week. Let's hope common sense prevails and Birdwood learns the rules of the HFL. What's your thoughts WOMan you had a great virgin article to then go into hibernation.

I have heard this about the Birdwood Footy Club as well. Surely when you get it wrong the first time, you learn from your mistake?

IF they haven't lodged the report in on time, then yes this bloke will be free to play again.
Cougar
League - Best 21

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 37 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy