Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:07 pm

ol man emu wrote:
liverpool kiss wrote:
spot on wrote:
vics01 wrote:Another great weekend of footy.

One game decided by 7 points....Next closest 80 points..

A very sad state of affairs.

An average winning margin of 112 points, great competition.

why is it that they continue to play clubs that are only making up the numbers and degrade what could be a competetive strong leauge.

dont know what others who have been involved with the league for a long time really think.

its an embarrasment really, and worse if you are a player its hit and miss every week, surley the weaker teams are over getting pumped or is it just a way of life for them....

if 2 divs is too hard for what ever reason, almalgamate or disintergrate. no offence to the struggling clubs, its not their fault...

To late for 2 divisions.
S.F.L. need to go to a 10 team comp.
Struggling teams have not been competitive for a long time and I can't see it changing.

Join up with GSFL and have 24 clubs. 3 x 8 divisions. Div 1 would be unbelievably strong. 8 teams works. Sunraysia prior to this year was 8 teams with top 4 and that's a very, very good comp.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:08 pm

Div 2 would be a pretty good comp too just quietly.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Snap Kick Ninja » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:54 pm

Ten footy sides, ten netty sides (with a few stragglers from Pt Elliott that won't go away) our comps near perfect. Don't bring us into this rabble
Snap Kick Ninja
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby strike me pink » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:07 pm

Yes no point talking League amalgamations that wont happen, here's my prediction - SFL Board to do nothing as normal but Morphy Park and Marion to go to Amateurs next year, think they know time has come,(12 Team Comp 2017) then Aldinga to continue to get better, Hackham and Lonsdale 2 to 3 years more max. so by 2019,2020ish - 10 team comp - hopefully anyway.
strike me pink
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Luke15 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:36 pm

strike me pink wrote:Yes no point talking League amalgamations that wont happen, here's my prediction - SFL Board to do nothing as normal but Morphy Park and Marion to go to Amateurs next year, think they know time has come,(12 Team Comp 2017) then Aldinga to continue to get better, Hackham and Lonsdale 2 to 3 years more max. so by 2019,2020ish - 10 team comp - hopefully anyway.

I agree with most here Strike me Pink. Marion definitely see writing.on the wall and we can only hope MParks do the same..not because of their Seniors because they are on the.right track getting ex juniors back from Glenelg and playing them.but its to do with no Junior teams on SFL.

I disagree that lonsdale and Hackham will be gone by 2019 expecially while current board stays in. Aldinga will continue to improve they are definitely on the right track.

I think i can deal with just 2.shit sides in
Luke15
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:36 pm

Luke15 wrote:
strike me pink wrote:Yes no point talking League amalgamations that wont happen, here's my prediction - SFL Board to do nothing as normal but Morphy Park and Marion to go to Amateurs next year, think they know time has come,(12 Team Comp 2017) then Aldinga to continue to get better, Hackham and Lonsdale 2 to 3 years more max. so by 2019,2020ish - 10 team comp - hopefully anyway.

I agree with most here Strike me Pink. Marion definitely see writing.on the wall and we can only hope MParks do the same..not because of their Seniors because they are on the.right track getting ex juniors back from Glenelg and playing them.but its to do with no Junior teams on SFL.

I disagree that lonsdale and Hackham will be gone by 2019 expecially while current board stays in. Aldinga will continue to improve they are definitely on the right track.

The above or more of the same are 99% the most likely outcomes. Hypothetically though, if say two of the strong sides left to join either Hills (HV and FH) or GSFL (Shoes / MVale), it would be the beginning of the end for the SFL. Brighton are also a darkie to leave most years but I don't see an impact to SFL.
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby shoe boy » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:46 am

LEADERSHIP!
Progress is impossible without change ,and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.

Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Tiger83 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:32 pm

shoe boy wrote:

LEADERSHIP!
Progress is impossible without change ,and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.

Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

How is the SFL board elected? How can there be no changes to personnel after so long? Surely if the clubs voted no confidence, they could nominate other people to do a better job? I would be intrigued to see a list of all SFL Board members and see their 'aligned' clubs.. Surely they're not all from the struggling clubs??
Change is needed, but if no1 puts their hand up to join the board and help bring about the change, then it really is pointless pointing fingers at the current board? How do clubs change the people in charge???
Tiger83
Under 18s

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Animus » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:39 pm

Round 11 tips:

Bombers over Sinners in a close one @ Brighton
Cobras to beat Rams @ Cove
Bushpigs to bounce back and beat Vikings in the local derby @ Valley
Emus over Twisties @ M/Vale
Draw @ Lonsdale
Divers over Sharks @ Porties
Shoes to knock off Wineflies @ Reynella
Animus
Under 16s

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Front & Centre » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:23 pm

Tiger83 wrote:
shoe boy wrote:

LEADERSHIP!

How is the SFL board elected? How can there be no changes to personnel after so long? Surely if the clubs voted no confidence, they could nominate other people to do a better job? I would be intrigued to see a list of all SFL Board members and see their 'aligned' clubs.. Surely they're not all from the struggling clubs??
Change is needed, but if no1 puts their hand up to join the board and help bring about the change, then it really is pointless pointing fingers at the current board? How do clubs change the people in charge???

Think you will find there has very few nominate for board positions especially president. I think that is changing and there are some that are ready to leave their positions at local clubs to influence the change. Would need a minimum of 4 changes to have any effect.
Doesn't necessarily matter who board member is aligned with if they abstained from voting when it counts
Front & Centre
Rookie

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:55 am

Luke15 wrote:

There is a spot available in Div 4
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby shoe boy » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:10 pm

My thoughts and those of the Noarlunga Football Club are with the Boehm family and the Christies Beach Football Club .

RIP
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby shoe boy » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:12 pm

I seen some photos of the deck at Reynella :shock:
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby jet-airport » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:06 pm

Animus wrote:Round 11 tips:

Bombers over Sinners in a close one @ Brighton
Cobras to beat Rams @ Cove
Bushpigs to bounce back and beat Vikings in the local derby @ Valley
Emus over Twisties @ M/Vale
Draw @ Lonsdale
Divers over Sharks @ Porties
Shoes to knock off Wineflies @ Reynella

Bombers in the mud pit 25 points.
Cove 10+ goals.
Flaggies 10+ goals.
Emus 14 points.
Porties 25 points
Lonsdale 13 points.
Wineys 20 points.... McEntee x 2 :D

Some close games this week, best of luck to all,
jet-airport
Rookie

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Dutchy » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:40 pm

Brighton 18.14 d Christies Beach 8.7
Morphett Vale 18.18 d Morphetville Park 8.4
Port Noarlunga 17.18 d Aldinga 6.4
Reynella 16.12 d Noarlunga 10.7
OSB/Lonsdale 27.16 d Hackham 8.4
Cove 23.14 d Marion 14.15
Happy Valley 6.6 lost to Flagstaff Hill 28.15
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby helicopterking » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:13 pm

Good Comp. Closest game 41 points.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 666 times

Postby Dutchy » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:56 pm

helicopterking wrote:Good Comp. Closest game 41 points.

1 & 1/2 wins between the top 6 in the comp, will be the most competitive battle for the flag in a long time
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby fathersonsfl » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:39 am

Brighton is seriously looking at amateur football next year. If Morphie Park and Marion join them, merge Sullies and Hackham and with some good junior development at Aldinga the SFL may have an excellent 10 team comp in a few years.
fathersonsfl
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:55 pm

Brighton would want nothing less than a Div 2 entry, would the SAAFL give them that?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby fathersonsfl » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:35 pm

Dutchy wrote:Brighton would want nothing less than a Div 2 entry, would the SAAFL give them that?

Div 3 is what I am hearing.
fathersonsfl
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL