Crows 2016

Talk on the national game

Re: Crows 2016

Postby Spargo » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:41 am

I'm inconsolable.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5474 times
Been liked: 5116 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby stan » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:58 am

Spargo wrote:I'm inconsolable.

Yes I can read the distraught in your words.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby mighty hounds » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:15 am

:goodman:

that better?
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Spargo » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:22 am

mighty hounds wrote:

:goodman:

that better?

I might need that tonight.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5474 times
Been liked: 5116 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby hawks21 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:05 am

JK wrote:You'd expect in the weather predicted the game would be played in tight, so Crouch who's been in good form in the twos should relish the conditions and his bigger body could be invaluable. Two decent outs for the Roos too but still think they're right in this game, Adelaides tall forwards may well be hampered by the conditions.

I think if it was going to be dry a more outside player like Henderson would have come in for Seedsman but with the game going to be contested the selection committee has no issues playing Crouch, Crouch, Thompson, Lyons, Sloane all in the same side who are all inside contested mids. Will be a good midfield contest against Cunnington, Dal santo and Swallow.

All the Crows tall forwards are pretty good on the deck so i'm not too worried about going in with the 3 talls. This sort of game is tailor made for Betts and Cameron which is exciting!! I don't think either side will drop a tall as they have played that system all year so to change it now might hinder game plans.

Will be interesting to see how the bye works for us, Roos coming off a 6 day break, hopefully we arn't slow out the blocks like some teams can be after the bye.
hawks21
Reserves

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:26 am

Given the weather forecast I'm quite happy they picked another inside mid over a flanker
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby hawks21 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:58 am

Well what a scrappy game last night. Being there it looked like both sides set themselves for a wet weather game and when the rain never arrived they just continued on like it was raining!

High pressure game, North put us under a lot of pressure for the first 3 quarters and we really struggled to get clean possession and hit targets. I thought we started really well and could have been 5-6 goal up at quarter time. Very disappointing 2nd quarter where we dropped off in all the key areas. In the 3rd North hung on and we ran all over them in the last, our pressure and tackling the pleasing areas which really picked up.

Matt Crouch and Sloane really stood up in the last quarter. Atkins, Lever, Talia and Mackay (besides the goal he gave them) really solid the whole game. Brad Crouch while very rusty early worked into the game nicely in the last quarter and ended up with 9 tackles and 20 touches, did some nice work around the contest. Eddie could have had 7 as well!

Overall not our best game IMO (goal kicking the obvious reason) which is actually pleasing that we are beating top 8 sides with A LOT of improvement to go!

Ps. Did the Ziebel goal actually go to a review and if so was it touched?

Pps. 4 umpires don’t work. Some baffling decisions both ways. Perfect example was when Cameron got paid a free kick by one umpire for hanging on, North pick the ball up and another umpire calls advantage to North and they run down the wing….
hawks21
Reserves

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby bennymacca » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:25 pm

Loved the game by Atkins.

He is showing he has a very cool head in traffic. Could turn into a gun midfielder not just a ball carrying winger. Seems to be part of the midfield rotations now which I would never have expected, even after his pretty good season last year.

Also has the pace to spread from the contest, so compliments the grunt of players like matty crouch, who is growing with every game
bennymacca
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:34 am

bennymacca wrote:Loved the game by Atkins.

He is showing he has a very cool head in traffic. Could turn into a gun midfielder not just a ball carrying winger. Seems to be part of the midfield rotations now which I would never have expected, even after his pretty good season last year.

Also has the pace to spread from the contest, so compliments the grunt of players like matty crouch, who is growing with every game

I heard Roo say on MMM that he was pick 81! i didn't know he went that late :shock:
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby JK » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:56 am

Gotta take your hat off to the kid, pre-season there was understandably some huge questions being asked of the Adelaide onball unit, but this kid has really stepped up and would be an automatic selection now. Having a seriously impressive season.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby MW » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:14 am

mighty hounds wrote:

I heard Roo say on MMM that he was pick 81! i didn't know he went that late :shock:

Apparently he was projected as a 15-30 pick but a lot of clubs (actually all of them, including us) overlooked him cause of his discipline, but Crows decided to give him a go at 81 and it seems to have paid off.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2598 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:25 am

He's an absolute workhorse who works his arse off back and forth. Have him in my side any day.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:21 pm

Finding all the Phil Walsh anniversary stuff a bit off, great for the club to remember him but the media seemed to have made more of it than is needed, every interview it is being raised and highlighted. I reckon the family would rather keep it low key and let it pass quietly,
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3495 times

Postby Brodlach » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:41 pm

Dutchy wrote:Finding all the Phil Walsh anniversary stuff a bit off, great for the club to remember him but the media seemed to have made more of it than is needed, every interview it is being raised and highlighted. I reckon the family would rather keep it low key and let it pass quietly,

Not sure it's the Crows bringing it up but the media at every opportunity
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:53 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Finding all the Phil Walsh anniversary stuff a bit off, great for the club to remember him but the media seemed to have made more of it than is needed, every interview it is being raised and highlighted. I reckon the family would rather keep it low key and let it pass quietly,

Adelaide are going out of their way to make as little noise about it as possible, the media are being extremely disrespectful of the occasion and by the sounds of it the families wishes too.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:14 pm

Booney wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

Adelaide are going out of their way to make as little noise about it as possible, the media are being extremely disrespectful of the occasion and by the sounds of it the families wishes too.

Yep reckon this sounds about right.

A short presser from Tex early in the week is all that was required imo. The media have tried to run with it
bennymacca
Coach

Postby RustyCage » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:24 pm

It's a big story. That's all the media care about. They don't care about the players, the family, the clubs. All they care about is selling papers or getting TV/radio airtime
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:39 pm

Reckon the Crows are due for a downer over the next 2 weeks. Who it is against will remain to be seen.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:38 pm

Brodlach wrote:

Agree my annoyance is at the media
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3495 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:38 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Reckon the Crows are due for a downer over the next 2 weeks. Who it is against will remain to be seen.

The Demons at the G in July. I'd be interested to see the stats on that match up. Not interested enough to look it up mind you.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL