Port Adelaide 2016

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:07 am

Corona Man wrote:
Spargo wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:Wouldn't mind guessing there was a reason that $50k was announced and it's all to do with FSA.
However, I don't think it worked as the grill is securely on and Jay is getting very hot.

As he should be... a decent opposition would be making inroads....

ANY opposition would be making inroads!

Indeed, and we thought Isobel was a little insipid....

There's an opposition?

They are the lamest opposition in living memory and any true Liberal supporter must be disgusted at their "performance".
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:07 am

( The email I have sent the club )

Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to consider this correspondence.

I, like many other people, found myself arriving late to the Round 12 match on Saturday June 11 at Adelaide Oval due to unforseen delays on the Adelaide rail network. As I walked across the River Torrens Bridge the siren blew to start the match. I got to my seat at around the 4 minute mark.

When the state government announced yesterday that the club had been given a payment of $50,000 to compensate those inconvenienced by the delays I though this is a perfect opportunity for the PAFC to give something back, let us make no bones about it, we have been on the end of some generous financial support in recent years.

I heard KT last night note that the money would be spent on additional match day entertainment, fireworks, dragon boats in the Torrens amongst other things. I must say I am very, very disappointed to hear the money will be wasted in this manner. Wasted indeed.

I urge the club, I urge the executive to consider the options available to us in regards to spending this money. We have an amazing relationship with the Foodbank charity organisation and the Little Hero’s Foundation here in South Australia does exceptional work with children and their families going through tough times.

Those of us privileged enough to be able to afford a ticket to an AFL match, get on free public transport to head to a safe environment in good health should not be taking this for granted.

Please forward this correspondence to the executive and ask they consider splitting in whatever manner they see fit the $50,000 towards various charities that would immensely appreciate the financial support, the likes of which they would rarely if ever receive.

Regards,

#weareportadelaide
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:11 am

Boon for PM.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby valleys07 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:05 pm

Spot on as per usual, Boon.

To hear that:

a) Port Adelaide are benefiting to the tune of $50k because fans were late to a footy game, yet hundreds to thousands of casual hospitality workers who lost an hours pay caused by the same issue; and

b) we are choosing to spend this money on "extra pre-match entertainment";

is laughable. Shame SA Govt, and if Port spend this money in that fashion- double shame.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby MW » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:41 pm

IMO what's worse is the money is being spent on a China themed entertainment for multiculture round...which in effect is boosting its position with the China deal, so they are profiting from it effectively.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:49 pm

Well done Booney. Our lot in life is pretty good that's for sure.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby stan » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:20 pm

Booney wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
Spargo wrote:
Corona Man wrote:[quote="Dogwatcher"]Wouldn't mind guessing there was a reason that $50k was announced and it's all to do with FSA.
However, I don't think it worked as the grill is securely on and Jay is getting very hot.

As he should be... a decent opposition would be making inroads....

ANY opposition would be making inroads!

Indeed, and we thought Isobel was a little insipid....

There's an opposition?

They are the lamest opposition in living memory and any true Liberal supporter must be disgusted at their "performance".[/quote]
Yeah and they are a bit like Port at the moment. Seem to go mssing when it counts.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:38 pm

Bollocks, at least you know who is running the place at Alberton. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:47 pm

Booney wrote:Bollocks, at least you know who is running the place at Alberton. ;)

So Snelling & Kout-son-tone-arse running the show down there as well?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby whufc » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:40 pm

Booney wrote:( The email I have sent the club )

Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to consider this correspondence.

I, like many other people, found myself arriving late to the Round 12 match on Saturday June 11 at Adelaide Oval due to unforseen delays on the Adelaide rail network. As I walked across the River Torrens Bridge the siren blew to start the match. I got to my seat at around the 4 minute mark.

When the state government announced yesterday that the club had been given a payment of $50,000 to compensate those inconvenienced by the delays I though this is a perfect opportunity for the PAFC to give something back, let us make no bones about it, we have been on the end of some generous financial support in recent years.

I heard KT last night note that the money would be spent on additional match day entertainment, fireworks, dragon boats in the Torrens amongst other things. I must say I am very, very disappointed to hear the money will be wasted in this manner. Wasted indeed.

I urge the club, I urge the executive to consider the options available to us in regards to spending this money. We have an amazing relationship with the Foodbank charity organisation and the Little Hero’s Foundation here in South Australia does exceptional work with children and their families going through tough times.

Those of us privileged enough to be able to afford a ticket to an AFL match, get on free public transport to head to a safe environment in good health should not be taking this for granted.

Please forward this correspondence to the executive and ask they consider splitting in whatever manner they see fit the $50,000 towards various charities that would immensely appreciate the financial support, the likes of which they would rarely if ever receive.

Regards,

#weareportadelaide

Brilliant!!
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby saintal » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:24 pm

Booney wrote:( The email I have sent the club )

Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to consider this correspondence....

=D>
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby Former Glory » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:39 am

Keep us posted as to what response you get Boon.
Former Glory
Mini-League

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:25 am

I thought the condition the government had such giving them 50K was to spend it celebrating a multi cultural theme?
No blame should be given to Port if this is the case.
Damn that hurt to write. :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2023 times
Been liked: 3867 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:36 am

Wedgie wrote:I thought the condition the government had such giving them 50K was to spend it celebrating a multi cultural theme?

Correct, and with Port going all Shanghai for the round and the government already piggy backing on the move into China they knew what they were doing with their money.
Damn that hurt to write. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:39 am

Wedgie wrote:I thought the condition the government had such giving them 50K was to spend it celebrating a multi cultural theme?

I've waited patiently for the right moment to find a signature for my profile.. :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:52 am

Zartan wrote:

I've waited patiently for the right moment to find a signature for my profile.. :lol:

Football. Bringing people together, since forever.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Booney » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:54 am

Hi Booney,

Thank you for your email.

The Port Adelaide Football Club was awarded the opportunity to launch Multicultural round by the AFL in recognition of the great work being done by the club in this area. As such, we have been long planning to celebrate this with a more spectacular than usual pre game entertainment showpiece. This would have occurred with or without this gesture from the State Government.

The State Government has offered to compensate PAFC as a result of transport delays that impacted our supporters (please also remember we pay a very large transport levy to the state government for this service that was affected), however we can assure you that this contribution from the Government will be applied to a multitude of purposes, including the continuance of the community programs we run, in which this club invests in excess of $2m per annum.

We hope you enjoy the football on Thursday 7th July, but moreover, we hope that you remain proud of the contribution we make to community initiatives including campaigns to end violence against women, programs to improve the quality and levels of education being attained by aboriginal youth and the work we are doing to provide job opportunities for disadvantaged youth of South Australia.

Thank you for supporting the Port Adelaide Football Club.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:58 am

Zartan wrote:

Damn you, that'll teach me! :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2023 times
Been liked: 3867 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Brodlach » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:00 am

Only thing I disagree with in that reply is that it is the fans that pay that levy in the ticket prices not Port
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:56 am

Booney wrote:I hope we reconsider our stance. One, tell the government to keep the money or two, and preferably, give half the $50k to our Foodbank charity and the other $25k to the Little Hero's Foundation. It's ridiculous to think giving us $50k compensates people for missing 10 minutes of the footy.

I walked in at the 3 minute mark, not all that bad considering the goings on in Syria etc.....life could be a little tougher.

Absolute waste of money.

Agree, government and the club could have held a feel good presser, donated funds to charity and all would have rec'd positive good will and no backlash at all. Instead it has caused more than $50k in damage to the government and possibly Port.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL