FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Re: Good Movies

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon May 02, 2016 10:06 am

Captain America Civil War. Solid action, good story with a nice twist and all the characters together worked well IMO. One of the best Marvel movies to date.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10329 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby HH3 » Mon May 02, 2016 1:05 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:Captain America Civil War. Solid action, good story with a nice twist and all the characters together worked well IMO. One of the best Marvel movies to date.

Im not a huge comic book movie fan, but watched Age of Ultron the other day. Should I watch all them in order to understand them better? Or is the plot just too complicated for my brain? It took me 45 minute to work out what the f**k Ultron was and how he came about.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon May 02, 2016 1:11 pm

HH3 wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Captain America Civil War. Solid action, good story with a nice twist and all the characters together worked well IMO. One of the best Marvel movies to date.

Im not a huge comic book movie fan, but watched Age of Ultron the other day. Should I watch all them in order to understand them better? Or is the plot just too complicated for my brain? It took me 45 minute to work out what the f**k Ultron was and how he came about.

Yes, you should watch them all in order to understand them better. A little bit of prior Marvel knowledge helps aswell.

Watching the previous Captain America and Avengers movies would help you understand Civil War better.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed May 04, 2016 2:25 pm

Special Correspondents - Ricky Gervais, Eric Bana, Netflix original film.

Watched it with the whole family, all of us enjoyed it. Couple of interesting twists, both lead men play the type of role you'd expect them to play.

Gervais and bumbling, confidence lacking side kick, Bana a brash, confident front man.

Can recommend. 8/10.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Gozu » Wed May 04, 2016 4:10 pm

HH3 wrote:

That was a crap movie the first Avengers movie was a fair bit better. Age of Ultron was so bloated a million characters flying around in endless fight scenes I too didn't know what the hell was going on I just wanted it to end. Because of that I didn't bother to go and see Ant-Man and am too hesitant to see this new Captain America movie especially after how bad Batman vs Superman was although that was DC not Marvel.

I generally like this reviewer and he didn't think much of Captain America: Civil War:

http://dailyreview.com.au/captain-ameri ... view/41191
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby MatteeG » Wed May 04, 2016 10:32 pm

JK wrote:People, Places, Things. Has the Kiwi bloke from Eagle vs Shark. Cracks me up

Agreed. Not bad.
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby MatteeG » Wed May 04, 2016 10:34 pm

Saw both Concussion and Creed recently. Both make the solid/good list.
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 09, 2016 4:16 pm

I watched a movie 'Hush' on Netflix last night, it was a little different but I enjoyed it I must say.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby HH3 » Tue May 10, 2016 12:39 pm

Zartan wrote:I watched a movie 'Hush' on Netflix last night, it was a little different but I enjoyed it I must say.

I almost watched that last night.

I ended up watching The Crow again.

One of my all time favourites. Can't find a fault in the whole movie. Except maybe the props department ;) ;)
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times

Postby Gozu » Thu May 12, 2016 1:16 pm

Gozu wrote:
HH3 wrote:

That was a crap movie the first Avengers movie was a fair bit better. Age of Ultron was so bloated a million characters flying around in endless fight scenes I too didn't know what the hell was going on I just wanted it to end. Because of that I didn't bother to go and see Ant-Man and am too hesitant to see this new Captain America movie especially after how bad Batman vs Superman was although that was DC not Marvel.

I generally like this reviewer and he didn't think much of Captain America: Civil War:

I have to be fair I saw Captain America: Civil War last night and I thought it was a pretty good superhero movie. There is a lot of characters flying around but it never seems as busy and OTT as Age of Ultron was. Hulk and Thor were absent from this movie and I think that helps. Hulk is just pure CGI and Thor IMO is one of the least interesting characters Marvel has. Robert Downey Jr steals the show you could be forgiven for thinking it was an Iron Man movie and Black Panther was good too I'm looking forward to his movie. Even Spider-man was bearable and normally I can't handle anything Spider-man related so all up a pretty good movie.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu May 12, 2016 1:43 pm

Gozu wrote:
Gozu wrote:
HH3 wrote:

I have to be fair I saw Captain America: Civil War last night and I thought it was a pretty good superhero movie. There is a lot of characters flying around but it never seems as busy and OTT as Age of Ultron was. Hulk and Thor were absent from this movie and I think that helps. Hulk is just pure CGI and Thor IMO is one of the least interesting characters Marvel has. Robert Downey Jr steals the show you could be forgiven for thinking it was an Iron Man movie and Black Panther was good too I'm looking forward to his movie. Even Spider-man was bearable and normally I can't handle anything Spider-man related so all up a pretty good movie.

See you can't judge a movie going off someone opinion until you actually watch it Gozu ;)
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Gozu » Thu May 12, 2016 5:15 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:See you can't judge a movie going off someone opinion until you actually watch it Gozu ;)

It wasn't off his opinion I just didn't like Age of Ultron at all and as I didn't go and see Ant-Man this new Captain America was next up so I was thinking about whether to still bother with them. Doctor Strange I might but the three Marvel movies coming out next year I don't have much interest in seeing.
Gozu
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu May 12, 2016 5:19 pm

Gozu wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:See you can't judge a movie going off someone opinion until you actually watch it Gozu ;)

It wasn't off his opinion I just didn't like Age of Ultron at all and as I didn't go and see Ant-Man this new Captain America was next up so I was thinking about whether to still bother with them. Doctor Strange I might but the three Marvel movies coming out next year I don't have much interest in seeing.

I'm looking forward Suicide Squad the most and I'm expecting it to be the best comic book movie of the year.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Gozu » Thu May 12, 2016 5:40 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
Gozu wrote:

I'm looking forward Suicide Squad the most and I'm expecting it to be the best comic book movie of the year.

Yeah for sure I love the Harley Quinn character and will definitely go see that and that Star Wars spin-off movie Rogue One.
Gozu
Coach

Postby saintal » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:07 pm

Don't get to the cinema too often anymore, but really enjoyed Hunt for the Wilderpeople. Kiwi flick.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:11 am

Home sick last week and I finally watched the departed... Pretty good film
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:52 pm

Saw Warcraft today. So awesome!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:15 pm

Deadpool... Very good...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby whufc » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:44 am

Zartan wrote:I watched a movie 'Hush' on Netflix last night, it was a little different but I enjoyed it I must say.

I watched that the other night and really enjoyed it

The concept gives the movie a real intensity.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Entertainment