HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby cracka » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:23 pm

Keefy wrote:
cracka wrote:Barker oval looks good, especially considering the rain we've had & modis played last night. Probably the best I've seen it at this time of year. Plus its not as cold as I thought it would be.

You must have got there when the fog and cloud had cleared

It was 1 degree at Hahndorf when the mini-colts started today

It was foggy leaving Woodside at 9am but Barker was clear. They must have done some work on drainage over summer coz I ran water for our U15's & it was still wet under foot but not the usual mudhole that Barker oval is.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Keefy » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:46 pm

cracka wrote:
Keefy wrote:
cracka wrote:Barker oval looks good, especially considering the rain we've had & modis played last night. Probably the best I've seen it at this time of year. Plus its not as cold as I thought it would be.

You must have got there when the fog and cloud had cleared

It was 1 degree at Hahndorf when the mini-colts started today

It was foggy leaving Woodside at 9am but Barker was clear. They must have done some work on drainage over summer coz I ran water for our U15's & it was still wet under foot but not the usual mudhole that Barker oval is.

That would be a change to the norm then
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 182 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:52 pm

How good is Jessie O'Brien?
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby always there » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:33 pm

Interesting comments I heard today and would be worth some investigation by whomever the powers in control maybe, but could players from Torrens valley be receiving match payments as salary payments through a company? This would avoid a team payment cap!
always there
Rookie

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:54 pm

always there wrote:Interesting comments I heard today and would be worth some investigation by whomever the powers in control maybe, but could players from Torrens valley be receiving match payments as salary payments through a company? This would avoid a team payment cap!

Yep its very likely and not a thing can be done about it hence the salary cap is a waste of everyones volunteer time.
Only hurts the honest clubs
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Stackson » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:11 am

daysofourlives wrote:
always there wrote:Interesting comments I heard today and would be worth some investigation by whomever the powers in control maybe, but could players from Torrens valley be receiving match payments as salary payments through a company? This would avoid a team payment cap!

Yep its very likely and not a thing can be done about it hence the salary cap is a waste of everyones volunteer time.
Only hurts the honest clubs

Wouldn't happen to be a Construction company giving bonuses !? A bit like a Barossa team who's coaches aren't really the coaches as you said in the BL&G thread Daysofourlives? nothing will happen you're right. At the end of the season the boys at SACFL headquarters will slap each other on the back job well done and no club will get fined unless they start running out funds themselves, then it will be a witch hunt.
Stackson
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Eudunda

Postby Punches » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:58 am

Ironbank coach wasn't setting a very good example after the final siren against Hahndorf. He approached a Hahndorf player that was getting spoken to by the coach and pushed him trying to engage an altication. Quite disgraceful
Punches
Mini-League

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Omron » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:47 am

[quote="Punches"]

Ironbank coach wasn't setting a very good example after the final siren against Hahndorf. He approached a Hahndorf player that was getting spoken to by the coach and pushed him trying to engage an altication. Quite disgraceful

From what I heard Hankin took a cheap shot on his son because he tackled him and won a free kick
Omron
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Yellow & Black » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:52 am

I was looking at Torrens Valleys very good side yesterday and thought, Chad O must be their marquee player, which prompted the question, would Boras, Pratt, Hanna etc play for $500? Lobey well and truly outplayed yesterday. It was like men vs boys. The scoreboard was flattering in the end.
Yellow & Black

Has liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Punches » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:58 am

Hankin also had a blood nose after the aleged cheap shot so if it was the case I think they may have got payback. Imagine If everyone's father went on the ground and approached players that had a crack at their son during a game of footy. It would end up in caos. Maybe Jaensch's dad should have gone on the field after the game and approached every ironbank player that hit him after almost every kick he got
Punches
Mini-League

Postby Grumpy Old B » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:01 pm

Omron wrote:
Punches wrote:

From what I heard Hankin took a cheap shot on his son because he tackled him and won a free kick

So Omron you are defending a club official touching an opposition player??? Nobody has the right to do that and I mean nobody, We all know Hankin is no angle and if you get under his skin he will exploded and clubs use this ploy. There are cheap shots in every match and hopefully the get caught as was the case with a maccy player last week, I would like to know if the umpires witnessed this incident.
Grumpy Old B

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby rock » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:01 pm

Grumpy Old B wrote:
Omron wrote:
Punches wrote:

So Omron you are defending a club official touching an opposition player??? Nobody has the right to do that and I mean nobody, We all know Hankin is no angle and if you get under his skin he will exploded and clubs use this ploy. There are cheap shots in every match and hopefully the get caught as was the case with a maccy player last week, I would like to know if the umpires witnessed this incident.

It a shame people have to comment about this without knowing the facts. I certainly don't condone anyone's actions being the coach or the player but if push came to shove there is one victim who is in fact a minor and would be quite in his rights to report an assault to Police. Doesn't matter where it happens it's still an assault. What happened between the coach and player after that was still wrong and it is alleged they were both inciting each other so hopefully they can sort it out like level headed men. In the meantime I'd be very careful what is said as the juvenile may well make a police report and it might become a matter for the courts (sadly).
rock
Under 16s

Been liked: 12 times

Postby Omron » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:33 pm

Punches wrote:Hankin also had a blood nose after the aleged cheap shot so if it was the case I think they may have got payback. Imagine If everyone's father went on the ground and approached players that had a crack at their son during a game of footy. It would end up in caos. Maybe Jaensch's dad should have gone on the field after the game and approached every ironbank player that hit him after almost every kick he got

:-({|=
Omron
Mini-League

Postby Omron » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:37 pm

Grumpy Old B wrote:
Omron wrote:
Punches wrote:

Where does it say anywhere that I condone or defend violence I merely passed on information
Omron
Mini-League

Postby Punches » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:11 pm

rock wrote:
Grumpy Old B wrote:
Omron wrote:
Punches wrote:

It a shame people have to comment about this without knowing the facts. I certainly don't condone anyone's actions being the coach or the player but if push came to shove there is one victim who is in fact a minor and would be quite in his rights to report an assault to Police. Doesn't matter where it happens it's still an assault. What happened between the coach and player after that was still wrong and it is alleged they were both inciting each other so hopefully they can sort it out like level headed men. In the meantime I'd be very careful what is said as the juvenile may well make a police report and it might become a matter for the courts (sadly).

Why do you think I don't know the facts? I wouldn't call said minor a victim. He tried to dish out his fair share of cheap shots during the game. Si there is nothing to say that he didn't instigate the incident. Assault means the incident actually happened, do any of you actually know for a fact that Hankin hit anyone? Or is it all hear say? Hankin came out of the melee with a blood nose, which I don't think came from the heat of the day or altitude
Punches
Mini-League

Postby theduck » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:13 pm

Hankin would have to be one of the dirtiest players in the league, there is no surprise a few people are out to get him.
In saying that, keep it on the field. Coaches and parents should not ever be involved.
theduck
Mini-League

Been liked: 2 times

Postby always there » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:56 pm

Yellow & Black wrote:I was looking at Torrens Valleys very good side yesterday and thought, Chad O must be their marquee player, which prompted the question, would Boras, Pratt, Hanna etc play for $500? Lobey well and truly outplayed yesterday. It was like men vs boys. The scoreboard was flattering in the end.

I beg to differ. Lobethal won the second half of football easily yesterday. Their second quarter was a complete disaster and In The end they paid the price. Lobethal made mistakes and lots of them which Torrens valley used to their advantage well. Tigers made them look better than they are. But men vs boys I very much don't think so. I hope you are not a tiger support Yellow because you regularly have bad things to say about Lobethal. Good supporters support even in the bad times.
always there
Rookie

Has liked: 17 times

Postby chopper7 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:19 pm

always there wrote:
Yellow & Black wrote:I was looking at Torrens Valleys very good side yesterday and thought, Chad O must be their marquee player, which prompted the question, would Boras, Pratt, Hanna etc play for $500? Lobey well and truly outplayed yesterday. It was like men vs boys. The scoreboard was flattering in the end.

I beg to differ. Lobethal won the second half of football easily yesterday. Their second quarter was a complete disaster and In The end they paid the price. Lobethal made mistakes and lots of them which Torrens valley used to their advantage well. Tigers made them look better than they are. But men vs boys I very much don't think so. I hope you are not a tiger support Yellow because you regularly have bad things to say about Lobethal. Good supporters support even in the bad times.

Well said Always There!!!

Lobethal won the second half 9 goals to 3. The first half wasn't up to scratch and i bet the playing group know that.

Yellow & Black you should back the Tigers in if you are a supporter that's for sure not come on here and say negatives all the time
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby UncleTony » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:08 pm

theduck wrote:Hankin would have to be one of the dirtiest players in the league, there is no surprise a few people are out to get him.
In saying that, keep it on the field. Coaches and parents should not ever be involved.

Who do you think you are? I happen to know the lad well and have a lot to do with him. Couldn't say a bad word about him. He plays with passion and aggression and leaves it on the field. Any team would take a player of his caliber any day. Dangerous with and without the footy and has played league football. Give credit where due. I was also present yesterday during the incident and spoke with him that night, he had no malice whatsoever as I believe he turned the game when in the midfield and he had no point to cheap shot. Your police assault charge accusation is a load of crap and they're are too many witnesses for this horrendous accusation. Ironbank sour grapes I say to the best player on the ground that day.
UncleTony
Mini-League

Been liked: 5 times

Postby theduck » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:27 am

UncleTony wrote:
theduck wrote:Hankin would have to be one of the dirtiest players in the league, there is no surprise a few people are out to get him.

Who do you think you are? I happen to know the lad well and have a lot to do with him. Couldn't say a bad word about him. He plays with passion and aggression and leaves it on the field. Any team would take a player of his caliber any day. Dangerous with and without the footy and has played league football. Give credit where due. I was also present yesterday during the incident and spoke with him that night, he had no malice whatsoever as I believe he turned the game when in the midfield and he had no point to cheap shot. Your police assault charge accusation is a load of crap and they're are too many witnesses for this horrendous accusation. Ironbank sour grapes I say to the best player on the ground that day.

Not too sure that I ever accused him of an assault charge? i just highly doubt he was innocent in this situation, as every time I have seen him play he has been far from innocent. Sure he is a good player, and plays with plenty of "aggression".
theduck
Mini-League

Been liked: 2 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy