HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby overthehill » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:04 am

UncleTony wrote:
theduck wrote:Hankin would have to be one of the dirtiest players in the league, there is no surprise a few people are out to get him.
In saying that, keep it on the field. Coaches and parents should not ever be involved.

Who do you think you are? I happen to know the lad well and have a lot to do with him. Couldn't say a bad word about him. He plays with passion and aggression and leaves it on the field. Any team would take a player of his caliber any day. Dangerous with and without the footy and has played league football. Give credit where due. I was also present yesterday during the incident and spoke with him that night, he had no malice whatsoever as I believe he turned the game when in the midfield and he had no point to cheap shot. Your police assault charge accusation is a load of crap and they're are too many witnesses for this horrendous accusation. Ironbank sour grapes I say to the best player on the ground that day.

I can't believe you would go to the trouble of setting up an account to fight someone saying David Hankin is a dirty footballer! He may be a top fella off the field but in my experience he's nothing but cheap shots.
overthehill
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby Grumpy Old B » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:21 pm

overthehill wrote:
UncleTony wrote:
theduck wrote:Hankin would have to be one of the dirtiest players in the league, there is no surprise a few people are out to get him.
In saying that, keep it on the field. Coaches and parents should not ever be involved.

Who do you think you are? I happen to know the lad well and have a lot to do with him. Couldn't say a bad word about him. He plays with passion and aggression and leaves it on the field. Any team would take a player of his caliber any day. Dangerous with and without the footy and has played league football. Give credit where due. I was also present yesterday during the incident and spoke with him that night, he had no malice whatsoever as I believe he turned the game when in the midfield and he had no point to cheap shot. Your police assault charge accusation is a load of crap and they're are too many witnesses for this horrendous accusation. Ironbank sour grapes I say to the best player on the ground that day.

I can't believe you would go to the trouble of setting up an account to fight someone saying David Hankin is a dirty footballer! He may be a top fella off the field but in my experience he's nothing but cheap shots.

Hey Uncle Tony is a clever man, he set up his account back on March 24th to wait for this day to fight for Hankin. The bottom line here that is being forgotten is that the Ironbank coach allegedly pushed ( assaulted if you like) a Hahndorf player AFTER the game. NOT on. He is lucky that his actions didn't incite a nasty situation.
Grumpy Old B

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby UncleTony » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:04 pm

overthehill wrote:
UncleTony wrote:

Cmon mate, I read while you rabbits post rubbish. I'm just defending the situation as you want to slander someone who you is a true competitor. I would say his output of cheap shots does not meet the amount he receives. He came to this league toweled everyone up kicked 60+ then they were out to get him. Yesterday's incident though is still in my opinion ridiculous, there were no cheap shots as he was the first to the footy and changed the game, ironbank coach should be held accounted for his actions, disgrace.
UncleTony
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times

Postby theduck » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:16 pm

What a load of garbage, he is filthy, and gives out plenty more than he receives. Deserves every one he gets. Yes he's a good player and has proved that the last few years, and he may well be a top fella off the field, but on the field is a different story.
theduck
Mini-League

Been liked: 2 times

Postby wazzal77 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:26 pm

Pretty safe to say that none of you are going to convince on of you to change their mind on their points of view. But surely the one thing we all must agree on here is what happens on field stays on field and when the last siren sounds it is all over. For any spectator or official or god help us a COACH to approach an opposition player is just not on. That is why the league (and Im sure Clubs) have processes in place to follow the appropriate protocols. Has a report been made to the league on this? If not, I hope that the officials from both clubs involved have sorted it out amongst themselves. Footy (and sport) creates a lot of emotion, lets hope whatever happened to who has calmed down after a good nights sleep!
wazzal77
Rookie

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby UncleTony » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:25 pm

He got the coaches son in a high tackle, there was no malice in it and the coach approached him and apparently pushed the player. After three ironbank players struck him the umpire still gave a free kick for ironbank. Lucky the game was over, worst decision of the day from where I was seated. Who is going to contend with hahndorf if they reach their full capability ? TV were 10+ goal down at one stage prior to a great comeback.
UncleTony
Mini-League

Been liked: 5 times

Postby theduck » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:54 pm

UncleTony wrote:He got the coaches son in a high tackle, there was no malice in it and the coach approached him and apparently pushed the player. After three ironbank players struck him the umpire still gave a free kick for ironbank. Lucky the game was over, worst decision of the day from where I was seated. Who is going to contend with hahndorf if they reach their full capability ? TV were 10+ goal down at one stage prior to a great comeback.

Personally, I believe any team in the top 5 or 6 could beat hahndorf on there day. As been seen in the last 2 seasons, anything can happen in finals
theduck
Mini-League

Been liked: 2 times

Postby Punches » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:21 pm

When finals come around everyone involved is always a chance. This year especially, I think Mt Barker will be unlucky one to miss out. But saying that IF Hahndorf gel at the right time, with a full side and everything clicks no one will be able to beat them.
Punches
Mini-League

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby wazzal77 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:05 pm

If mt barker go down to Hahndorf on Saturday I think it's mothballs for their season. Are Mt barker the biggest underperforming club? With just two teams in the the top 5 (Snr colts 4th and mini colts 5th) their return is pretty poor considering their population? It goes to show population does not automatically equal success... Looking at other clubs there are numerous that outperform them on far less populations..
wazzal77
Rookie

Postby running defender » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:01 pm

looks like there"s been plenty of goading going on over the past 2 weeks.
i wonder if the CFL OR Zone register can goad any club or player into telling the truth about their financial status.
yes Mt Barker are big underachievers along with Blackwood and onkas.
will interleague be played next year?
if liberal don"t get in will Mt Barker have a new oval?
running defender
Rookie

Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby wazzal77 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:49 am

RD there has and always will be goading - still astounding that goading is a defence for a player and that any club would be warned. Abuse is different and can understand that but goading will forever be a part of the game...
Financials for any club will be 100%... and anything that occurs outside of the club will never be known. It keeps the honest ones honest. Its a feel good excercise
Im sure the HFL will push interleague again... I still think its a dead duck
Mt Barker will get a new oval, but I dont reckon it will be within the next 10-15 years...
wazzal77
Rookie

Postby Grumpy Old B » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:37 am

Hey RD one of your ex team mates in Lachy F has gone missing since the Hahndorf game. What's the go!!!
Grumpy Old B

Postby running defender » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:52 am

I think they call it half full on the fence these days
In other words (retired) Been a good player for the dee's.
One or two flags a BOG medal which he gave away to David Murray in 2013
A good all round club person.
Anyone know are the CFL (clowns) going to keep the $4000 salary cap
Or drop it to $3000 next year
running defender
Rookie

Postby Grumpy Old B » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:17 am

I have been told that it is staying at $4,000 for next season
OR $40,000 depending which club you are
Grumpy Old B

Postby Punches » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:17 pm

Hey RD are you trying to find out if your going to have to take a pay cut next year?
Punches
Mini-League

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby running defender » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:13 am

Are you goading me?
Doesn't worry me these days punches , I support the bar.
My namesake is happy at south gambier
Unless they audit every clubs books and have acsess to sponsers books
They will not catch one club.
running defender
Rookie

Postby Yellow & Black » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:36 pm

Good win by the Tigers yesterday, Does it mean the top 5's locked n loaded?
Yellow & Black

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby wazzal77 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:15 am

I dont think the top 5 is locked, Mt Barker still have an outside chance, but will need to rely on Lobethal losing a game or two (including losing against Mt Barker) and Mt Barker winning a game or two against the current top 5 teams. But it is going to be tough for Mt Barker and if they dip out again thats 2 years straight with no finals appearances.
wazzal77
Rookie

Postby Yellow & Black » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:14 pm

Blackwood has a very tough draw including round 18 v Lobethal. Maybe that could be a mini elimination final? However Lobey are still a chance of Top 3
Yellow & Black

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Dolphin Treasure » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:28 pm

I see Scott Byrt has been cleared to CBC. How does the big fella go?
Dolphin Treasure
Rookie

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: CBCOC

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy