8%
Seaton
4%
Walkerville
19%

Total votes : 53

Re: CH9AFL Divison 3 2016

Postby Failed Creation » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:11 pm

Minion Master wrote:sampled a couple of the selections on the Walkies BBQ yesterday and again wasn't disappointed, although the chili kransky did leave the lips a bit numb but did give a great excuse to wash it down with multiple cold beers, oh and even better was the tick, tack, toe result to finish it off with!

How good was the choice of both tomato and beetroot relish?

I had a couple of snags in bread there yesterday, and it really hit the spot.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby The Big Shrek » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:24 pm

I don't like to criticise umpires, and this year I think they've been pretty good. However in over 250 games of senior footy I have never come across someone more precious than one we had yesterday.

Gave a 25m penalty for me going over the mark when I moved sideways. He said I told you not to move forward. I said I moved sideways. He said sideways is the same as forward.

In the last quarter I said very politely that I understood that because he was 15 he felt like he needed to assert himself, but it wasn't working. He said I'm 19 and paid 25m.

I hope for his sake he grows out of being a flog.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby Minion Master » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:44 pm

The Big Shrek wrote:I don't like to criticise umpires, and this year I think they've been pretty good. However in over 250 games of senior footy I have never come across someone more precious than one we had yesterday.

Gave a 25m penalty for me going over the mark when I moved sideways. He said I told you not to move forward. I said I moved sideways. He said sideways is the same as forward.

In the last quarter I said very politely that I understood that because he was 15 he felt like he needed to assert himself, but it wasn't working. He said I'm 19 and paid 25m.

must concur, they would have to be the worst I've seen in years, the b grade umps should have done the a's they were professional and very good and the other 2 especially tsunami hair need to go back to umpiring junior games as they were an absolute embarrassment and need a lot more training! :evil:
Minion Master
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Broughton-Mundoora

Postby Lame Choice » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:33 am

Failed Creation wrote:
Minion Master wrote:sampled a couple of the selections on the Walkies BBQ yesterday and again wasn't disappointed, although the chili kransky did leave the lips a bit numb but did give a great excuse to wash it down with multiple cold beers, oh and even better was the tick, tack, toe result to finish it off with!

Hardly think the avatar is appropriate in today's age FC. No seatbelt! :shock:
"As long as I live, I will deny taking performance enhancing drugs" Lance Armstrong 2010
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 30 times

Postby Failed Creation » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:36 am

Lame Choice wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:

Hardly think the avatar is appropriate in today's age FC. No seatbelt! :shock:

It's apt really; that's how the relish made me feel!

Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Footy Follower » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:15 pm

Minion Master wrote:
The Big Shrek wrote:I don't like to criticise umpires, and this year I think they've been pretty good. However in over 250 games of senior footy I have never come across someone more precious than one we had yesterday.

must concur, they would have to be the worst I've seen in years, the b grade umps should have done the a's they were professional and very good and the other 2 especially tsunami hair need to go back to umpiring junior games as they were an absolute embarrassment and need a lot more training! :evil:

Agree also. I was very frustrated in the first half with some of the decisions he made against both the team and myself. I too was victim of a 25m penalty for moving side ways off the mark. And the 25m penalty he paid for not giving the ball back soon enough in the 2nd qtr was rediculous as the Kilburn player wasn't even looking at our player with the ball to throw it back too him. In the second half the decisions started going completely the other way in favour of us. Agree the young lad was very precious and most of his decsions were worse than his haircut.
I totally believe that the amatuer league should instruct the umpires to let the play go as much as possible and only pay a free kick if it is completely obvious and also only pay 25m for back chat that is either demonstrative towards them or if they swear at them.
Footy Follower
Under 16s

Been liked: 13 times

Postby Fools Gold » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:33 am

Interesting stuff out the Gepps camp this morning Image
Fools Gold

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 20 times
Grassroots Team: Solomontown

Postby Robb_Stark » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:53 am

i did not see that coming i thought Jamie Oliver restaurant was going good
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby EB53 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:38 pm

Fools Gold wrote:Interesting stuff out the Gepps camp this morning Image

CAN'T LET THIS GO THROUGH TO THE KEEPER!!!!
THIS LITTLE FLOG CAME TO GEPPS FROM ANOTHER NORTHERN SUBURBS CLUB AND STAYED FOR ONE SEASON.
I WOULD SUGGEST, READING FROM THE COUTRT TRANSCRIPT, THAT HE WAS AN ACCOMPLISHED IF NOT A PARTICULARLY SMART SELLER OF DRUGS PERHAPS BEFORE HIS ARRIVAL AT GEPPS.
I Have been associated with Gepps cross football and Cricket club for over 40 years as both player and administrator. The club is extremely proud to be part of the good sports programme and would not knowingly allow the consumption of elicit drugs.
Drug use is,unfortunately wide spread and, extremely hard to police.
EB53
Under 16s

Been liked: 7 times

Postby Minion Master » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:00 am

if all clubs are smart they will record this particular person's details down and tell him he's not welcome if he turns up at your club to play
Minion Master
Rookie

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:31 am

Minion Master wrote:if all clubs are smart they will record this particular person's details down and tell him he's not welcome if he turns up at your club to play

Why?

Surely you judge the kid on his footballing ability and not his previous personal history?
Doesn't he and everyone else deserve a second chance?

What if a bloke was drink driving, hit a kid and injured them severely - would you also record their details and make sure they cant come to your club? Would you conduct strong personal background checks on all your recruits - reckon you'd find plenty with a history or connections or whatever.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Minion Master » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:04 am

Zartan wrote:
Minion Master wrote:if all clubs are smart they will record this particular person's details down and tell him he's not welcome if he turns up at your club to play

Why?

Surely you judge the kid on his footballing ability and not his previous personal history?
Doesn't he and everyone else deserve a second chance?

What if a bloke was drink driving, hit a kid and injured them severely - would you also record their details and make sure they cant come to your club? Would you conduct strong personal background checks on all your recruits - reckon you'd find plenty with a history or connections or whatever.

correct all have history and deserve a second chance but repeat offenders don't as that then is a life style choice! This one is now known and the drug use and dealing wouldn't be a one off. So you would welcome him in? good on you that's your decision and opinion, for me personally it would be a maybe without speaking to him or knowing him but there would certainly be conditions put in place and if broken would have no hesitation in moving him on.

and know someone in your drink driving scenario that actually killed a person and yes I wouldn't have them at any club I was involved with because the person has no remorse for what they did and haven't changed their actions in the slightest, instead moving on with his life while the other family is in tatters.
Minion Master
Rookie

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:10 am

Minion Master wrote:correct all have history and deserve a second chance but repeat offenders don't as that then is a life style choice!

Minion Master wrote:This one is now known and the drug use and dealing wouldn't be a one off.

:shock: Umm it was his first offence - he's not a repeat offender in the eyes of the law.. what's to say this experience wont/hasn't changed him?

Oh but because "this one is now known" that changes your stance on things? :shock: :?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Minion Master » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:20 am

Zartan wrote:
Minion Master wrote:correct all have history and deserve a second chance but repeat offenders don't as that then is a life style choice!

Minion Master wrote:This one is now known and the drug use and dealing wouldn't be a one off.

:shock: Umm it was his first offence - he's not a repeat offender in the eyes of the law.. what's to say this experience wont/hasn't changed him?

Oh but because "this one is now known" that changes your stance on things? :shock: :?

1st offence actually caught for, we're all not that naïve to think that he hadn't been doing it before and this was just a one off, hopefully he does learn a lesson and change his life for the better and fore warned is fore armed, look forward to seeing his clearance in today to IF and seeing how he goes under your moral guidance :roll:
Minion Master
Rookie

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:25 am

Although I would have no concerns in taking him on, he wont be cleared to IF - the club has enough issues to deal with and an outside perception that we are working hard to change - unfortunately the fact is taking him on board wouldn't contribute positively to changing that perception.

I do think he deserves a second chance.. geez wasn't even this much attention when Dylan Jessen signed at Salis North at the start of the year!
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Pag » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:33 am

I wouldn't want him at my club, just so he can throw us under the bus when it suits him.

Drug addiction is an illness, drug dealing is not.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby Arch44 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:07 pm

Pag wrote:I wouldn't want him at my club, just so he can throw us under the bus when it suits him.

Drug addiction is an illness, drug dealing is not.

Your not addicted when you 1st try it though. That's a bad choice.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Minion Master » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:19 pm

Zartan wrote:Although I would have no concerns in taking him on, he wont be cleared to IF - the club has enough issues to deal with and an outside perception that we are working hard to change - unfortunately the fact is taking him on board wouldn't contribute positively to changing that perception.

I do think he deserves a second chance.. geez wasn't even this much attention when Dylan Jessen signed at Salis North at the start of the year!

so irrespective of personal opinions, right, wrong, what is fair and life's injustices, your club along with probably quite a few others will not take a chance on him for a number of reasons as stated by multiple forum posters :lol:
Minion Master
Rookie

Postby beef » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:14 pm

Zartan wrote:Although I would have no concerns in taking him on, he wont be cleared to IF - the club has enough issues to deal with and an outside perception that we are working hard to change - unfortunately the fact is taking him on board wouldn't contribute positively to changing that perception.

That worked out well, some blokes dont deserve a second chance.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:58 pm

beef wrote:That worked out well, .

:shock: I think my sarcasm detector is on the blink :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League