Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby Mythical Creature » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:15 pm

hairy cat wrote:Okay shall we start at the bottom of the ladder and work up
or start at the top MC and work down

Start where you like, but I doubt it will be Angle Vale. I have only heard it once, about a week ago so I'm not prepared to say for definite.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Mythical Creature » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:17 pm

Nighthawk wrote:which plains club is playin with 18 points at the moment?????!!!

Not sure who is playing with 18, but we have been playing with 17 for the past 5 or 6 weeks.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby OnSong » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:54 am

I have heard but not confirmed both Montgomery and Bruggemann have done their ACLs.

Feel for the lads if true, they'll watch their side go a long way into September once again.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby OnSong » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:55 am

Mythical Creature wrote:
Nighthawk wrote:which plains club is playin with 18 points at the moment?????!!!

Not sure who is playing with 18, but we have been playing with 17 for the past 5 or 6 weeks.

Williams on an exemption?
OnSong
Coach

Postby ROOBOY18 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:02 am

OnSong wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:

Williams on an exemption?

I believe Jamie is classed as a local as he lives 10mins away from the club.
Join in the chorus!!
ROOBOY18
Rookie

Has liked: 214 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Hornridge

Postby OnSong » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:17 am

Interesting. Tom Would lives 2 minutes from the Balaklava club, has done for 5 years, but isn't classed as a local.
OnSong
Coach

Postby ScubaSteve » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:32 am

OnSong wrote:Interesting. Tom Would lives 2 minutes from the Balaklava club, has done for 5 years, but isn't classed as a local.

similar to Mav and Virginia, has played 1 season and lived in Virginia for 5 years. Virginia asked last year if signed again is he a local and zero pointer. Andy Seccafien told them no chance.

Jamie has played for a number of clubs in the past and just built a house in Longies = 0 pointer.
ScubaSteve
Mini-League

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury North

Postby OnSong » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:36 am

Not that I don't agree with the Williams ruling, someone moving into the vicinity of Long Plains wouldn't happen often, just think there's an inconsistency there.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Greggy Gregginson » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:30 pm

OnSong wrote:Not that I don't agree with the Williams ruling, someone moving into the vicinity of Long Plains wouldn't happen often, just think there's an inconsistency there.

I think the fact that he moved to the club as soon as he moved to the area worked in his favour.
In the instance of Would, he played for Hamley Bridge before Balaklava despite living in Balaklava.
Not sure who Mav is but if he's been living in Virginia for 5 years and only played 1 season there, he must have played elsewhere or he'd be worth 0 points anyway.
Just my reading on the situation, because I believe if someone new moves to an area they should be worth 0 points to the nearest club if they can recruit them!
Greggy Gregginson
Rookie

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby ScubaSteve » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:11 pm

I think the fact that he moved to the club as soon as he moved to the area worked in his favour.
In the instance of Would, he played for Hamley Bridge before Balaklava despite living in Balaklava.
Not sure who Mav is but if he's been living in Virginia for 5 years and only played 1 season there, he must have played elsewhere or he'd be worth 0 points anyway.
Just my reading on the situation, because I believe if someone new moves to an area they should be worth 0 points to the nearest club if they can recruit them![/quote]

i am pretty sure People used to move to a club and change address to be zero points. that's why they changed that rule a while ago.
ScubaSteve
Mini-League

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury North

Postby Mythical Creature » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:42 pm

OnSong wrote:Not that I don't agree with the Williams ruling, someone moving into the vicinity of Long Plains wouldn't happen often, just think there's an inconsistency there.

The thriving metropolis of Avon / Kallora is turning into quite a fertile recruiting zone :shock:

Les Pearson was classed as a 0 pointer when he moved into the district, so I wouldn't say its inconsistent at all.

Jamie is still classed as a 3 point player and is listed as such on the team sheets.
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby Swamp Donkey » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:18 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:

The thriving metropolis of Avon / Kallora is turning into quite a fertile recruiting zone :shock:

Les Pearson was classed as a 0 pointer when he moved into the district, so I wouldn't say its inconsistent at all.

Jamie is still classed as a 3 point player and is listed as such on the team sheets.

Wow.... that was beat up over nothing then :D
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Hazbeen » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:54 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:

Pearson zero points for 1st year only and all other clubs allowed extra points to compensate then was 2 pts the next year and 1 pt the year after
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby OnSong » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:23 am

Swamp Donkey wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:

Wow.... that was beat up over nothing then :D

Zanandrea was also under a points exemption, supposedly lived nearby but had played all his footy at Kapunda.
Dean Storic moved straight to Balakalava, has worked and lived here since but counted as points until his fourth season.
There's inconsistencies there for sure. And even if your team sheet says 17 points, which again, I don't have a problem with, someone has to be exempt of their points rating.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:13 am

Surely its time to move on.
Anyway well done to wilms for breaking the club record for balak last week.
Marty Pym tomorrow plays his 300th for the tigers. Not 1 game of b grade in that 300 and is still the first backman picked each week. Poor bloke has only got 250 odd games to go to break his old mans club record. :lol:
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:14 am

Mallala 40 to 79
Virginia 80+
Two wells 80+
United 1 to 39
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby OnSong » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:11 am

Mythical Creature wrote:Surely its time to move on.
Marty Pym tomorrow plays his 300th for the tigers. Not 1 game of b grade in that 300 and is still the first backman picked each week. Poor bloke has only got 250 odd games to go to break his old mans club record. :lol:

Was talking about this with Doug Hall just recently. Think Doug played 430-odd (both A and B).
Heath played 200 last year, 500 is just a distant dream for anyone these days. Incredible feat.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:23 pm

OnSong wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:Surely its time to move on.

Was talking about this with Doug Hall just recently. Think Doug played 430-odd (both A and B).
Heath played 200 last year, 500 is just a distant dream for anyone these days. Incredible feat.

Pretty busy year.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby mighty hounds » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:08 pm

TW 80+
Mal 40-79
LP 40-79
Virg 80+