2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1208 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Postby JK » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:41 pm

Booney wrote:
Zartan wrote:
Booney wrote:I don't think we'll give up anything that would be considered worth a first round pick, unless we got a big offer for a key player.

So, second round pick - Jonas, Ah Chee
Third round - O'Shea, Clurey. Colquhoun

So you don't think Hartlett will come under fire end of year?

Also with some of those players, other clubs might also view them as being far more valuable than what Port do - might get some decent deals out of it..

No, I personally think all the talk about Hartlett is bullshit. He's been average this year, sometimes average at best, but he's a keeper. Plus nobody would be prepared to take his contract on, not the money, but the length.

Wouldn't that suggest you're happy with average?

He's much more capable than he's shown, but surely you'd at least test the waters to if there's an interest and what it could potentially bring in?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:48 pm

I think if Westoff, Pittard or Young rolled up to training in their present state of football day grooming in 1965 Fos would have the barber in quick smart.
Donald Dickie would just be bashed.
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby hawks21 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:53 pm

JK wrote:
Booney wrote:
Zartan wrote:
Booney wrote:I don't think we'll give up anything that would be considered worth a first round pick, unless we got a big offer for a key player.

So, second round pick - Jonas, Ah Chee
Third round - O'Shea, Clurey. Colquhoun

So you don't think Hartlett will come under fire end of year?

Also with some of those players, other clubs might also view them as being far more valuable than what Port do - might get some decent deals out of it..

No, I personally think all the talk about Hartlett is bullshit. He's been average this year, sometimes average at best, but he's a keeper. Plus nobody would be prepared to take his contract on, not the money, but the length.

Wouldn't that suggest you're happy with average?

He's much more capable than he's shown, but surely you'd at least test the waters to if there's an interest and what it could potentially bring in?

Averaging 18 touches a game this year with a career average of 20 touches per game. I know stats arn't everything but IMO he hasn't lived upto the hype/potential he showed a few years back!
hawks21
Reserves

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:58 pm

JK wrote:Wouldn't that suggest you're happy with average?

Not one bit am I happy with average. However, if you can mount a case for someone to replace him who will offer us more at this point in time I'm all ears. Needless to say, that's the problem with the depth in our list.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby marbles » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:45 pm

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:I think if Westoff, Pittard or Young rolled up to training in their present state of football day grooming in 1965 Fos would have the barber in quick smart.

exactly Shiek vote #1 for Fos

read this article...
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/teams/port-adelaide/port-adelaides-kelly-gang-giving-the-team-a-scarier-look-says-coach-ken-hinkley/news-story/bf1ffbacf272e258bd99543996ea28fa

“If we start losing I think we’ll get rid of them.’’

why! why would that statement even be said?...... cos its vanity #idiots

spuds.jpg
spuds.jpg (88.1 KiB) Viewed 2213 times
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Jim05 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:10 pm

Hombsch out with a quad injury tonight now
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby carey » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:17 pm

Jim05 wrote:Hombsch out with a quad injury tonight now

Hope Clurey comes in not Paul Stewart. If Stewart comes in on Jack= Game over. Tigers win
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Brodlach » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:29 pm

carey wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Hombsch out with a quad injury tonight now

Hope Clurey comes in not Paul Stewart. If Stewart comes in on Jack= Game over. Tigers win

Clurey in
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Ruben Carter » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:18 pm

Booney wrote:
Ruben Carter wrote:
GWW wrote:Westhoff is 30 in October this year, he doesnt have much value.

Just a number. Brent Harvey is nearly 40 and only a midget, Westie still has plenty of value IMO. Keep him!

Yeah, but Brent Harvey plays 5 minutes of football every 3 weeks now so.....

Westhoff has ZERO trade value.

I respect your opinion Booney, but I think your wrong about Westy. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.
If you don’t like my words, don’t listen. If you don’t like my appearance, don’t look. If you don’t like my actions, turn your head; It’s as simple as that.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 75 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby JK » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:34 pm

Booney wrote:

Not one bit am I happy with average. However, if you can mount a case for someone to replace him who will offer us more at this point in time I'm all ears. Needless to say, that's the problem with the depth in our list.

I can't mate, was talking about potentially shopping him (or moreso finding out what clubs would give up for him)
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby carey » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:35 am

carey wrote:
MW wrote:Mitchell in normally spells disaster, Richmond a certainty this week

Whilst in theory I agree I think we still win.

Saying that I think we win big or lose nothing in between if you get what I mean. Hoff due for his monthly good game, Hartlett simply must perform, Broadbent won't have to worry about anyone so he'll play well. Ollie simply must show last years form, I reckon Gray and Chad might get a handful each, Ebert should only be allowed to Handball wish he could like he can run.

Boak and Charlie still dealt with harshly for mine.

Surely it's a case of shutting down Jack and Dusty and it's game over?? Let Cotchin have his 35 Kane Cornes touches they don't hurt anyone.

I will happily wipe the egg off my face. Mitchell was super tonight, Ran with Cotch and toweled him up even helped himself to about 25 touches himself but his pressure was awesome. Ports tackling as a whole was awesome (conditions helped) but to win the tackles by nearly 50 and win the game by 6 goals is a good sign.

Boak was awesome, Ollie and Gray were good in fact most blokes except O'Shea were..

Really tough month coming up I guess the only thing we can hang our hat on is the fact over the last few years we match up well against the good sides it's the sides we should beat that we don't!
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby UK Fan » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:49 am

Former Glory wrote:
carey wrote:
Zartan wrote:
carey wrote:Where is UK's crowd predication for tonight?

I'll do it for him.

Crowd predication tonight? I cant see it being more than sub 30,000.

I was thinking 35ish

Will get over 40k i reckon. Richmond draw ok crowds here, port should win, Friday night and the weather not bad.

Wrong only 37k On a Friday night
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby MW » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:30 am

carey wrote:
carey wrote:

Saying that I think we win big or lose nothing in between if you get what I mean. Hoff due for his monthly good game, Hartlett simply must perform, Broadbent won't have to worry about anyone so he'll play well. Ollie simply must show last years form, I reckon Gray and Chad might get a handful each, Ebert should only be allowed to Handball wish he could like he can run.

Surely it's a case of shutting down Jack and Dusty and it's game over?? Let Cotchin have his 35 Kane Cornes touches they don't hurt anyone.

I will happily wipe the egg off my face. Mitchell was super tonight, Ran with Cotch and toweled him up even helped himself to about 25 touches himself but his pressure was awesome. Ports tackling as a whole was awesome (conditions helped) but to win the tackles by nearly 50 and win the game by 6 goals is a good sign.

Boak was awesome, Ollie and Gray were good in fact most blokes except O'Shea were..

Really tough month coming up I guess the only thing we can hang our hat on is the fact over the last few years we match up well against the good sides it's the sides we should beat that we don't!

Yep me too, may have found his role in AFL as a tagger
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby amber_fluid » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:14 pm

carey wrote:
carey wrote:

Mitchell doesn't have a problem finding the ball but he usually burns it on most occasions.
Like a few on here I think he is very ordinary but he was very good by foot last night.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby amber_fluid » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:26 pm

marbles wrote:
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:I think if Westoff, Pittard or Young rolled up to training in their present state of football day grooming in 1965 Fos would have the barber in quick smart.

exactly Shiek vote #1 for Fos

read this article...
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/teams/port-adelaide/port-adelaides-kelly-gang-giving-the-team-a-scarier-look-says-coach-ken-hinkley/news-story/bf1ffbacf272e258bd99543996ea28fa

“If we start losing I think we’ll get rid of them.’’

why! why would that statement even be said?...... cos its vanity #idiots

spuds.jpg

Bahahahaahahaha there would lucky to be half a brain between the four of them!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Booney » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:51 pm

JK wrote:
Booney wrote:

I can't mate, was talking about potentially shopping him (or moreso finding out what clubs would give up for him)

No one is buyinghis contract AND giving us something good in return.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:54 am

He's had plenty of negative press this year, but when it was a bit wet, a bit slippery and the side needed a leader to stand up Boak was excellent Friday night. So too I thought was Wines with 10 I50's, 10 clearances and 18 contested possessions in the contest and Broadbent on the run outside. Only 14 touches for Broggsy, but went at 93% and kicked two important goals. His best return for a while.

Vickery and Maric, slice them up and fry them, those two potato's are done! Maric was dead set plodding middle of the second quarter, had his first touch in the middle of the last. 2 disposals at 0% efficiency. Throw in 2 frees against and he's in the negative. :lol: Vickery made me laugh, several times, it's like he's never been spoken to about timing his leads.

Media folks question Cotchin, then Richmond people question why Cotchin is being questioned and defend him. He got slaughtered by a bloke who shouldn't be playing at AFL level, really, Mitchell wouldn't be on many other lists at the moment and it's take until round 15 for him to come off our rookie list. Sure he played a role on Friday night, but Cotchin barely worked to shake the tag.

I watched them for about 8-10 minutes in the third quarter and Cotchin just ran at half pace or above with Mitchell on his wing. Cotchin spent most of that time on the defensive side of the contest, waiting for the one out the back from the ball winner, it never came. Then when Port got the ball Mitchell was goal side of Cotchin and he just burnt him going forward. Media people question Cotchin because he doesn't look like he's giving his all, all the time.

Martin got plenty of the ball but much of it was under pressure, Ebert did a pretty good job of not allowing Martin space to run and carry. Shut those two out and you're on your way.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby stan » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:57 am

I think you are right there booney about Cotchins work rate.

Also Maric, seemed to plid and get done by a part time Ruckmen.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:04 am

Unfortunately for Maric I think he has suffered what most big blokes in footy do. He's died and gone to heaven because he's 29/30 years of age.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL