7%
West Croydon
32%
Woodville South
14%

Total votes : 91

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:38 am

I actually considered ringing up one of our C graders whose "retired" this week so he can stand the hulk haha!! Difference is my guy is just big from eating lots not like the hulk :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Arch44 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:11 am

The only one I feel sorry for here is Morell, because he doesn't have a Cgrade to pluck from. You other blokes suck it up :lol:
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby morell » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:18 am

Arch44 wrote:The only one I feel sorry for here is Morell, because he doesn't have a Cgrade to pluck from. You other blokes suck it up :lol:
and that's the very precise reason why I was so adamant on getting one this year.

Unfortunately for me, I was a bit of a lone voice within the club.

... now we have a situation which I predicted and communicated time and time again at the start of the year - we will lose players because of a lack of opportunity in the B's (we have now lost 6) and then when the weather and conditions get a bit tough, we will struggle to field a side because well ... that's modern football apparently.

One day people will listen to me.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:34 am

D6 Ladder after Round 13:
25 - West Croydon
22 - Woodville South
20 - Ingle Farm
16 - Brahma Lodge
10 - Mawson Lakes
--------------------------------------------
09 - Trinity OS
08 - Mitchell Park
08 - Fitzroy
06 - Houghton Districts
06 - Adelaide Lutheran

Round 14:
Adelaide Lutheran v Houghton Districts: This is as an important battle as any this round, as 9 v 10th square of in a fierce battle to remain in the fight to avoid relegation. Once again for the Bulldogs, they lead a side at 3/4 time on the weekend but couldn't do enough to scrape over the line, eventually succumbing to Mawson Lakes by 17 points. Hickey and Jeremy Borgas scintillating for the 'Dogs, while young Xavier Redhead proved a pivotal avenue to goal, picking up 4 majors. Fin Borgas on the sidelines is hurting the Lutheran backline, and could potentially be the difference between their closes loses going the other way. This week they host the Raiders from Houghton, whose season is spiralling out of control at a rapid rate. On the weekend they fell to the might of Woody South to the tune of 11 goals. McMurtrie and Keetch did what they could for Houghton, but there was no stopping the big forward combination of Clark and Sumner who collected 11 between them. Vandermoer was kept quiet and Houghton were always up against it. Have struggled to manage with injuries this season, but they'll need to find something extra this week if they want to keep their hopes alive of remaining in D6. School holidays may play a factor for Lutheran, and is sure to even up the contest - in Rd 5 it was the Dogs by 36 points, and this time around it's tough to see that changing.

Brahma Lodge v Trinity OS: Another cracking match in store here, and plenty on the line for both sides. Brahma let a golden opportunity slip at the weekend to close the gap on Ingle Farm in 3rd place, falling to the resurgent Fitzroy. Aloisi continued his surge towards cracking the ton, picking up 7 goals - which I'm told could easily have been 12+ if he had his kicking boots on. McKee and Savage amongst the best for the Tigers on a disappointing day, while Huitema did what he could to propel his side to victory. Trinity on the other hand are in danger of having their season slip away before their eyes. Systematically destroyed by Mitchell Park by 35 points, the Lions have now slipped outside the 5, and their remaining home games coming against the top 2 sides, they'll need to find something special to bounce back into contention. Cotter with 3 goals and Perry with 2 the only shining lights for the club who played so poorly they decided not to name best players on SportingPulse. In round 5 Brahma got the chocolates with a 24 point win, fast forward to this weeks and it's two sides heading in different directions - could internal issues derail the Lodge season? Can TOS bounce back and reaffirm it's position? Lodge at Lodge look the smart bet here, and the question will be how many can Timmy collect.

West Croydon v Mawson Lakes: West Croydon showed at the weekend why they're so highly regarded as the side to beat. Inaccurate kicking early in the game allowed Ingle Farm to jump to a handy 3 goal lead at the main break. To the Hawks credit, led by the speed of Sumner and Giles and the rebounding Nicholls, they powered their way back into the contest, and eventually ran out 33 point winners at home on a heavy deck. Woodcock didn't need many chances to impact the scoreboard, and the midfield brigade thrived off clean first use from the hands of the monster in the ruck, who towered over the Farmers talls all day. Mawson Lakes on the other hand, fought back from a 3/4 time deficit to record a strong 17 point win and climb back into the 5 and finals contention. Brown with 8 majors was unstoppable, as Debridge, King and Carr fed the ball to him all day long. Massive blow to the Mozzies with Keast suffering a potential season ending rib injury - wish you a speedy recovery tiger. The challenge for the Lakes though doesn't get any harder than facing the high flying Hawks at Fawk Reserve. If they can limit the impact of the outside run and slow the game down, they can make this competitive, but I don't think they have the size to stop the monster forward line, and the Hawks should continue on their merry way.

Woodville South v Fitzroy: For the second place Cats, it was the Chris Clark show Saturday, as the powerful forward picked up 8 goals to help the Cats to a comfortable 11 goal victory away from home and was well assisted by Sumner who collected 4 on his return to the A grade. Matthews, Hains, and Miller doing the work around the ground proved pivotal for Woody South who are fine tuning their game ready for finals. This week they run into a Fitzroy side buoyed by a memorable win at the weekend over final hopeful Brahma Lodge. The 'Roys only a few weeks ago found themselves lingering deep in relegation territory, but have since been able to claw their way back and now find themselves an outside chance of making the 5. A spread of contributors at the weekend, with McAskill and Wheadon leading the charge, Fitzroy should provide greater contest for the Cats this week, but on the wide expanses of Ledger Reserve they may find themselves well out of their depth as the Cats look to lock away their top 2 finish.

Mitchell Park v Ingle Farm: The match of the round in my eyes, Mitchell Park have roared back into finals calculations with an emphatic 35 point victory on the road against TOS. Hyde with 6 enjoyed the work of his team mates around the ground, as Nuske, Power and Halime powered the Lions to victory. Power has proven the prized recruit, being the catalyst for his sides recent form, and Paul Manuel would be wise to put some work into Power this week. Ingle Farm fell short on the weekend to the powerhouse Hawks - after jumping out to a half time lead, the Farmers were unable to sustain it after the break. pleasing signs for the Farmers though, who showed early that their best footy is as good as anyones, but the consistency is hurting. Sanderson up forward was strong while the class of Sumner and work ethic of Pryor produced impressive games for the Dogs. A few weeks ago I made a claim regarding the Farmers 2nd half fade outs - I was strongly challenged about my views from people, but I stand by my word. Ingle Farm need to find something special this week over 4 quarters to record a win, Mitchell Park will start deserved favourites despite falling 23 points shy in round 5. This will be an incredible battle I fancy, and despite the Lions holding all the aces at the moment and being favourites, I still think Ingle Farm can bounce back and reassert itself heading into the pointy end of the season.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:36 am

morell wrote:Unfortunately for me, I was a bit of a lone voice within the club.

... now we have a situation which I predicted and communicated time and time again at the start of the year - we will lose players because of a lack of opportunity in the B's (we have now lost 6) and then when the weather and conditions get a bit tough, we will struggle to field a side because well ... that's modern football apparently.

One day people will listen to me.

With a lot of the C grade games being 10:15 triple headers now, it's a bit easier to manage the 3rd side as well I think - you would've played IF, TOS, BL, WC, WS all in triple headers.. and besides with C grade despite being allowed 25 I don't reckon you need that many - too bloody hard to manage!
The Bedge
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:44 am

In hindsight we could have fielded one pretty easily in terms of players - albeit some weeks it would've been stronger than others.

What we lacked was someone to really own it and manage the team. Didn't really need a coach, more of a manager to get 20+ pelicans to all to sit on the same beach at the same time. And about 10 more volunteers.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:56 am

Hindsight is a wonderful thing lol
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:56 pm

D6R Ladder after Round 13:
24 - Woodville South
24 - West Croydon
18 - Brahma Lodge
16 - Trinity OS
16 - Mitchell Park
--------------------------------
16 - Ingle Farm
10 - Adelaide Lutheran
02 - Mawson Lakes
02 - Fitzroy
02 - Houghton Districts

Round 14:
Adelaide Lutheran v Houghton Districts: After falling just 3 goals shy of a massive upset the week before, the Dogs from the South Parklands came ready to play, and didn't disappoint. Led by Nelson, Ludwig and McFeat, Lutheran feasted on a lesser opponent and Hodges was the main benefactor - kicking a staggering 12 goals as the Dogs romped to a comprehensive 118 point victory against Mawson Lakes. They'll be seeking a repeat performance this week against lowly ranked Houghton. The Raiders have struggled in D6R this season, and on the weekend once again suffered a massive defeat, this time to Woodville South by a whopping 118 points. Henderson the only goal kicker while Bird and Inkpen amongst the few who can hold their heads high. This shapes as another lop-sided contest, the Raiders will be hoping the cold weather and school holidays impacts Lutheran more than usual, it's the only way they'll remain competitive as the 'Dogs hold out a very slim chance of sneaking into the 5 by seasons end.

Brahma Lodge v Trinity OS: Huge game for both sides, for Brahma Lodge they can all but seal a top 3 spot with a win, whereas Trinity can leap frog them on percentage with victory. Brahma had a lighter game on Saturday against battlers Fitzroy, scoring a 111 point victory, with Hem-Mendes, Ryan and Oxford kicking 4 each. Hem-Mendes must be getting close to an A grade call up, the young winger/mid's electric pace around the goal and uncanny goal sense has been dynamic for the Tigers this season. Trinity on the other hand struggled to get over the line against a determined Mitchell Park on the weekend. Last years premiers are walking a tight line this year to qualify for finals, but have shown their best is amongst the best in the league - and they're doing enough to be winning games which is invaluable. Burne returned to his devastating best at the weekend along with Elvin, as Krieg kicked 3. A real battle between power forwards this week with Lehmann and Krieg should be a good battle. A lot on the line here - a double chance beckons for the winner.

Mitchell Park v Ingle Farm: Mitchell Park whilst falling just shy on the weekend of a massive victory will be supremely confident heading into this clash. The Lions have won 3 out of their last 4 games, and the loss a narrow one goal loss to TOS on Saturday. Wilson up forward has been brilliant, and is another who must not only be knocking on the door - but bashing it down - for an A grade call up. logan, Wehbe and Ransley amongst the best for the undermanned Mitchell Park Saturday - had they started with a full side, they may well have won, and won easy! They'll be eager to get back on their home ground and away from the Grand Junction Rd curse. Their opponent Ingle Farm were exposed Saturday against the outfit of West Croydon and have dropped rapidly from finals contender to finals pretender, with the result showing just how far off the mark the Dogs are. The Lions will welcome back some players at home, McBride will be unstoppable in the ruck and a win will all but secure a finals spot, while a loss to Ingle Farm could well end their season.

West Croydon v Mawson Lakes: West Croydon showed why it's been so good this season, comprehensively smashing Ingle Farm from start to finish. Led by the masterful Sawtell, who despite being tagged still dominated the game and drove the Hawks forward, West Croydon had match winners everywhere. Eddie Wilson can consider himself unfortunate not to be amongst the best while Pursche up forward set the tone for the day and had a massive impact. Bottrell's work in the ruck and around the ground would have him as one of the better big men in the comp. This week they host Mawson Lakes who are coming off a 20 goal drubbing at the hands of Adelaide Lutheran. Whilst Lee, Turner, Skinner tried hard all day, word is the B&F is off to be engraved already congrats "S. Rae #3" - the box has been the Lakes most consistent and most valuable player this year, and will need to produce another fine performance if the Lakes are going to be competitive in this contest. I cant see them stopping the Hawks mix of outside run and physical inside mids, as well as their strong back 6.. this will be a hiding no question about it, question is Hawks by how much?

Woodville South v Fitzroy: Whilst the cats enjoyed a 20 goal win at the weekend, the Roys suffered a hefty defeat almost on par with that. The Cats dominated the match v Houghton, and despite O'Regan and Sumner not playing it was no worries as Smith collected 5 and Swanson 4 to lead the charge. Skewes found some form as he prepares for a return to the 1's and Warwick and Eden also amongst the best. Fitzroy on the other hand don't have the luxury of a C grade, or returning A graders, and whilst their A grade have been performing well recently, the B grade have had to struggle to field a side at times - at least this week they hit the scoreboard. Kayal, Smart and Goodsell did the best they could, while Lennon in the ruck tried gallantly to propel the Lions forward. This shapes up as a very one sided contest, and as with the WC v ML game it could well be a massive hiding and the question is Woody South by how much? Can they hold onto top spot - percentage will be key.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Barry » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:24 pm

West Croydon v Mawson Lakes: West Croydon showed why it's been so good this season, comprehensively smashing Ingle Farm from start to finish. Led by the masterful Sawtell, who despite being tagged still dominated the game and drove the Hawks forward, West Croydon had match winners everywhere. Eddie Wilson can consider himself unfortunate not to be amongst the best while Pursche up forward set the tone for the day and had a massive impact. Bottrell's work in the ruck and around the ground would have him as one of the better big men in the comp. This week they host Mawson Lakes who are coming off a 20 goal drubbing at the hands of Adelaide Lutheran. Whilst Lee, Turner, Skinner tried hard all day, word is the B&F is off to be engraved already congrats "S. Rae #3" - the box has been the Lakes most consistent and most valuable player this year, and will need to produce another fine performance if the Lakes are going to be competitive in this contest. I cant see them stopping the Hawks mix of outside run and physical inside mids, as well as their strong back 6.. this will be a hiding no question about it, question is Hawks by how much?

Nope
Barry
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mawson Lakes

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:33 pm

Wow, are there 2 S.Raes at the Mozzies? This other guy must be a gun ;) :-P
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:35 pm

morell wrote:well he is, and I am quoting him directly here - "an icon of Mawson Lakes"

Enough said 8)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Barry » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:21 pm

I have seen every game bar one and I can say this knowing he would say the same, he has played 3 solid games this year.

Couldn't buy a kick for a while there.
Barry
Rookie

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:44 pm

Obviously he's remained uninjured for the year - this'll also be a first.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Barry » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:18 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Obviously he's remained uninjured for the year - this'll also be a first.

Yes and no, playing sore pretty much every week.

Funny enough his best three games come off the back of not training for the past 3-4 weeks, coincidence??
Barry
Rookie

Postby carey » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:11 pm

Zartan wrote:
morell wrote:well he is, and I am quoting him directly here - "an icon of Mawson Lakes"

Enough said 8)

"An Icon of Mawson Lakes Footy Club" geez who wouldn't want they title!
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:42 pm

carey wrote:"An Icon of Mawson Lakes Footy Club" geez who wouldn't want they title!

Didn't you once play a game for them and then try stealing your playing jumper when they said they didn't need you, they had enough iconic players? :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Real Number 3 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:09 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA champagne comedy at its finest Zarts.

Barry is 100% spot on. couldn't buy a kick in the 3 trial games and the first 5-6 games of the season. stopped training because of work and my back, then hey presto, started to gather a few kicks.

awards don't mean sh*t when you're getting flogged week in, week out though :(
One More!
The Real Number 3
League - Best 21

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 67 times

Postby Yank Man » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:23 pm

The Real Number 3 wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA champagne comedy at its finest Zarts.

Barry is 100% spot on. couldn't buy a kick in the 3 trial games and the first 5-6 games of the season. stopped training because of work and my back, then hey presto, started to gather a few kicks.

You're still the best forward I've had to shut down in my time at the Den. Don't sell yourself short because of you're body. I remember putting Luke Mac on you back in the day and he was a 100 goal forward. He still says to this day you were so hard to stand, that was after his 'accidental' spoil that spilt blood. He rates you and I rate him, end of story. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby carey » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:55 pm

Yank Man wrote:
The Real Number 3 wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA champagne comedy at its finest Zarts.

You're still the best forward I've had to shut down in my time at the Den. Don't sell yourself short because of you're body. I remember putting Luke Mac on you back in the day and he was a 100 goal forward. He still says to this day you were so hard to stand, that was after his 'accidental' spoil that spilt blood. He rates you and I rate him, end of story. :D

WTF! :shock:
carey
Coach

Postby carey » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:57 pm

Zartan wrote:
carey wrote:"An Icon of Mawson Lakes Footy Club" geez who wouldn't want they title!

Didn't you once play a game for them and then try stealing your playing jumper when they said they didn't need you, they had enough iconic players? :lol:

I played a trial game on a Friday for them at Kilburn as I wanted to have the life changing experience of playing under the great man G.Riddle. To this day I have flash backs of the great one.

Then drank 1000 beers. Didn't steal a jumper tho
carey
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League