Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 14 times

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby OnSong » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:29 pm

Balaklava 1-39
Virginia 80+
United 1-39
Two Wells 80+
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby OnSong » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:27 pm

Thoughts on the new Rams logo (black one)?

Personally, liked the previous one. Ah well.
Attachments
Rams.jpg
Rams.jpg (52.78 KiB) Viewed 6021 times
Virgina Rams 2014.JPG
Virgina Rams 2014.JPG (683.31 KiB) Viewed 6021 times
OnSong
Coach

Postby SAM GRIBBLES » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:57 pm

Headed out to the tower on the weekend to watch the great Mark Pym play his 300th game ,what a legend. Congrats Marty a true champion of the club. What a let down the umpiring was . Still has not changed , complete muppets in my view , especially when the taller ruled a sliding free kick . Terrible . That rule does not even apply in the APFL I'm told. As usual they are not held to account and can do whatever they want depending on what mood they are in. United a little disappointing as well could not go on with a 19 point lead at 3/4 time , very sad for Marty .
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits
SAM GRIBBLES

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby ScubaSteve » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:00 pm

That sliding free kick is a joke. i reckon the same umpire did the same in our Virginia V Balaklava Game.
Virginia bloke got his legs taken out from a Balak player which dove for the ball in the first,
Virginia questioned the call and was told it does not apply in the APFL.
Last quarter reverse role and was called a free kick for taking the legs out.
could of been costly if the game went 1 minute longer.
ScubaSteve
Mini-League

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury North

Postby Mythical Creature » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:39 pm

SAM GRIBBLES wrote:Headed out to the tower on the weekend to watch the great Mark Pym play his 300th game ,what a legend. Congrats Marty a true champion of the club. What a let down the umpiring was . Still has not changed , complete muppets in my view , especially when the taller ruled a sliding free kick . Terrible . That rule does not even apply in the APFL I'm told. As usual they are not held to account and can do whatever they want depending on what mood they are in. United a little disappointing as well could not go on with a 19 point lead at 3/4 time , very sad for Marty .

Was very frustrating. Made worse by the other umpire saying to 1 of our players at the time that the rule doesn't exist in our league. Should have over ruled it on the spot if that's the case. You can't just make rules up. Plus the slide was actually because he dived head first and got 2 hands to the footy before the Hummocks player arrived to the contest. The taller umpire you referred to just simply is not up to standard, hasn't been for a long time, but you could say that about some players too, so I probably shouldn't complain. Ha.
It is not the reason we lost the game, in fact Hummocks won it by playing much better football than us particularly in the first 5 minutes and the last quarter, but a couple of dicey decisions that resulted in goals certainly helped build their momentum which we couldn't stop. Players make mistakes as well, but it would be nice if an ump just came up after the game and said "sorry lads I got that particular one wrong" but I doubt that will ever happen.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby magpieeagle » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:38 am

Central Zone squad

BLG: Asher (Captain), Mercer, Saunders, Miles, Goodfellow, Hentschke*, Matters*, Barreau * (emergency)

NEFL: Clinton Voigt, Josh Vater, Sam Heinjus, Blake Launer*, Max Neville*, Brodie Murphy, Callum Hay

YPFL: Tyler Andrews*, Jacob Stoll, Michael Hobbs, Joel Palmer

APFL: Nigel Osborn (VC), Jordan Clements, Brent Harris, Josh Seal, Jake Birchmore*, Heath Pym, Dylan Wise*
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Swamp Donkey » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:05 pm

Umpiring - you should have witnessed the circus at Mallala on the weekend. Poor young Clarkey (who umpired really well IMO) was paired up with an old bloke from the Hills FL who had an absolute stinker - the way he carried on at times, arguing with players, playing free kicks because of criticism from fans on the sidelines was laughable. He certainly got under the skin of players from both clubs, more so the Mallala boys.

Overall, I still feel the standard of umpiring this year has been up on previous years.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby cracka » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:13 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:Umpiring - you should have witnessed the circus at Mallala on the weekend. Poor young Clarkey (who umpired really well IMO) was paired up with an old bloke from the Hills FL who had an absolute stinker - the way he carried on at times, arguing with players, playing free kicks because of criticism from fans on the sidelines was laughable. He certainly got under the skin of players from both clubs, more so the Mallala boys.

Overall, I still feel the standard of umpiring this year has been up on previous years.

I reckon that would be the same guy we had against Uraidla B's. He paid frees against our supporters & would then clap at our bench when they argued he can't do that.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 559 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:12 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:Umpiring - you should have witnessed the circus at Mallala on the weekend. Poor young Clarkey (who umpired really well IMO) was paired up with an old bloke from the Hills FL who had an absolute stinker - the way he carried on at times, arguing with players, playing free kicks because of criticism from fans on the sidelines was laughable. He certainly got under the skin of players from both clubs, more so the Mallala boys.

Clarkey is an excellent umpire, pays the obvious frees and explains himself, I'm not sure of his counterpart, I know there were a few unavailable on the weekend, more than other weeks.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Grumpy Old B » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:23 pm

Hi SD. The Hills are just sharing the luv mate. Perhaps feel a little sorry for us Hills people we get some of this week in week out. But I must say which is very hard for me generally our umpires are of above standard. As most spectators know it depends on if its your side that gets the free. Hopefully your blokes don't get anymore stinkers this year.
Grumpy Old B

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby magpieeagle » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:56 am

What's the story with Lochiel oval with this weeks game between HWE/MALLALA moved to the seaside? With the 1st semi 5 games away, should the league be worried? And if it isn't ready, when do they make a decision to move the 1st semi? Just asking.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:33 am

magpieeagle wrote:What's the story with Lochiel oval with this weeks game between HWE/MALLALA moved to the seaside? With the 1st semi 5 games away, should the league be worried? And if it isn't ready, when do they make a decision to move the 1st semi? Just asking.

Hummocks just want to preserve Lochiel Oval as much as possible so it's in mint condition for the semi.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby OnSong » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:35 am

magpieeagle wrote:What's the story with Lochiel oval with this weeks game between HWE/MALLALA moved to the seaside? With the 1st semi 5 games away, should the league be worried? And if it isn't ready, when do they make a decision to move the 1st semi? Just asking.

My info is they've reseeded Lochiel and the cold weather hasn't been helpful for its germination, so the club is hoping the extra time and warmer weather come August will help it be in best possible nick.
OnSong
Coach

Postby magpieeagle » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:12 pm

OnSong wrote:

My info is they've reseeded Lochiel and the cold weather hasn't been helpful for its germination, so the club is hoping the extra time and warmer weather come August will help it be in best possible nick.

Thanks, Just wondered that's all.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby Nighthawk » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:06 am

herd Malala boys had a big party recently and trashed there own change rooms. Broken benches, hooks, wat the hell happend?
Nighthawk
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Popper Smurf » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:18 am

An after function gathering was held in the away change rooms, a trainers bench was bent only because too many people were sitting on it and a few hook were broken (big deal), RUMOUR has it that the MFC have put in a complaint to the Balak FC re this damage, THIS IT TOTALLY UNTRUE, MFC would not have done this over one bench and a few hooks, who ever has started this so called rumour needs to get off the their gold plated pedestal and get their facts straight before opening one's mouth, you are an attention seeker and need to seek counselling
Popper Smurf
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Swamp Donkey » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:23 am

Nighthawk wrote:heard Mallala boys had a big party recently and trashed there own change rooms. Broken benches, hooks, wat the hell happend?

Yep there was a party - a big party as is often the case at social events at Mallala. Rather than kick 60+ people out on the street when the liquor licence finishes at midnight, the club has been opening up the away change rooms as a place for the guys and gals to kick on with a few tunes.

The second part is a slight exaggeration - but yes a 20-yr old rusty rub-down table was broken and there was a hole in the gyprock :shock: :shock: - not the fault of Balaklava or foul play, merely accidents that occured at the after party. Visiting teams fear not - you will be happy to know everything will be AOK next time you play the pies at home ;) ;)
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby ROOBOY18 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:03 am

Swamp Donkey wrote:
Nighthawk wrote:heard Mallala boys had a big party recently and trashed there own change rooms. Broken benches, hooks, wat the hell happend?

Yep there was a party - a big party as is often the case at social events at Mallala. Rather than kick 60+ people out on the street when the liquor licence finishes at midnight, the club has been opening up the away change rooms as a place for the guys and gals to kick on with a few tunes.

The second part is a slight exaggeration - but yes a 20-yr old rusty rub-down table was broken and there was a hole in the gyprock :shock: :shock: - not the fault of Balaklava or foul play, merely accidents that occured at the after party. Visiting teams fear not - you will be happy to know everything will be AOK next time you play the pies at home ;) ;)

60+ people in the visitors changerooms? wtf hardly enough room for 21 players :shock:
Join in the chorus!!
ROOBOY18
Rookie

Has liked: 214 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Hornridge

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy