7%
West Croydon
32%
Woodville South
14%

Total votes : 91

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Postby morell » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:04 pm

When you've kicked hundreds and hundreds of goals including season defining one's under massive pressure you get a license to miss an easy one every now and then.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Computer Crashed » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:43 pm

morell wrote:When you've kicked hundreds and hundreds of goals including season defining one's under massive pressure you get a license to miss an easy one every now and then.

Couldn't believe the amount of sooking coming from him & No5 when down the Northern end and in their forward line.
Every contest was an infringement apparently, it's footy lads, would you like no opponent ?
Brilliant job by Uncle Festor and his cohorts down there.
That wasn't the best time to miss a goal from there, I think the karma bus got him.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby Yank Man » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:24 pm

Computer Crashed wrote:
morell wrote:When you've kicked hundreds and hundreds of goals including season defining one's under massive pressure you get a license to miss an easy one every now and then.

Couldn't believe the amount of sooking coming from him & No5 when down the Northern end and in their forward line.
Every contest was an infringement apparently, it's footy lads, would you like no opponent ?
That wasn't the best time to miss a goal from there, I think the karma bus got him.

No they are happy to have opponents, but not ones who continually hold, push, scrag, pin arms and grab jumpers without getting the odd free. The reality is Hancock runs free off half back and has no accountability for his man, our bad, Lynch works both ways and saves goals as well as handing them out, Sanderson after copping the best crunch I've seen for a while got back up and booted 3 majors after, great player with super hands. Verigan smashed us with his run off a wing, Sumner is all class and Cree was the bonus.

Lesson for our lads that focus ON the game and NOT off it will get us playing a lot more efficiently, but after all it was only 3rd versus 7th. A team vying for the flag and a team more likely to get relegated. 19 points? We'll take it and move on. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Computer Crashed » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:57 pm

Yank Man wrote:
Computer Crashed wrote:

No they are happy to have opponents, but not ones who continually hold, push, scrag, pin arms and grab jumpers without getting the odd free. The reality is Hancock runs free off half back and has no accountability for his man, our bad, Lynch works both ways and saves goals as well as handing them out, Sanderson after copping the best crunch I've seen for a while got back up and booted 3 majors after, great player with super hands. Verigan smashed us with his run off a wing, Sumner is all class and Cree was the bonus.

Lesson for our lads that focus ON the game and NOT off it will get us playing a lot more efficiently, but after all it was only 3rd versus 7th. A team vying for the flag and a team more likely to get relegated. 19 points? We'll take it and move on. :D

Nice deflection to fine leg that, up there with the best of them.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Postby The Bedge » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:31 pm

Lol Sando is a serviceable, honest player - don't think he's ever been referred to a great player. His marks in the last quarter were quality though - was good to see him stick the Dukes up and pluck a few strong grabs.

Honestly the way I saw it, it wasn't a matter of 3rd v 7th or a contender v a possible relegated side. Mitchell Park are more than capable, and have their own quality players - Power in the middle, Pike, Hyde & Dienelt were good and dangerous up forward, Roberts was massive, Walczak solid and Halime is very very good. The nuggety short lad who played out on the wing I think he was had speed to burn, and his foot skills were crisp most of the time.

Fact is Mitchell Park missed the important moments, Ingle Farm didn't. Mitchell Park appeared to lack a bit of polish to their game - can't question endeavour.. In that last quarter you dominated early, but couldn't captilise - a handful of points, a couple out on the full, a couple picked off by Keogh, Smith & Hancock. Also Roberts mark in the centre and then handballing to a player under pump and getting done HTB was a crucial error.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby morell » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:43 pm

Computer Crashed wrote:

Nat is as honest a footballer as you'll find. If he felt there was a free kick there probably was.

Hydey is a sook, I'll give you that one.
morell
Coach

Postby One Ball Bandit » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:19 pm

No 42 for Mitchell Park B grade is wasted tagging.. is quick, has a good kick and good skills and one of a very few that actually plays the wing properly in Div 6r :shock:
One Ball Bandit
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Computer Crashed » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:11 pm

morell wrote:
Computer Crashed wrote:

Nat is as honest a footballer as you'll find. If he felt there was a free kick there probably was.

Well I wasn't lying about the other lad & I wasn't about Nat either.
Was 20 mtrs away from them for two qtrs.
Big fella even turned around & had a whinge when the ball was rolling towards the boundary line, Keogh chased it but he didn't, needless to say the ball was cleared.
He was more frustrated than anything, Keogh stitched him up 90% of the time in all facets.
I'd be taking the info on board rather than dismissing it.
I just enjoy watching the game for what it is even though I watch IF each week.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Postby Computer Crashed » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:18 pm

Zartan wrote:Lol Sando is a serviceable, honest player - don't think he's ever been referred to a great player. His marks in the last quarter were quality though - was good to see him stick the Dukes up and pluck a few strong grabs.

Honestly the way I saw it, it wasn't a matter of 3rd v 7th or a contender v a possible relegated side. Mitchell Park are more than capable, and have their own quality players - Power in the middle, Pike, Hyde & Dienelt were good and dangerous up forward, Roberts was massive, Walczak solid and Halime is very very good. The nuggety short lad who played out on the wing I think he was had speed to burn, and his foot skills were crisp most of the time.

Fact is Mitchell Park missed the important moments, Ingle Farm didn't. Mitchell Park appeared to lack a bit of polish to their game - can't question endeavour.. In that last quarter you dominated early, but couldn't captilise - a handful of points, a couple out on the full, a couple picked off by Keogh, Smith & Hancock. Also Roberts mark in the centre and then handballing to a player under pump and getting done HTB was a crucial error.

I'm with Yank.
I don't think your showing enough recognition to Sanderson.
Lad has only been back in the game for a year or so and has generally been the only main focus as the big target for most of the season, let's not forget injuries and absence to the other forwards that have been missing week in week out.
I wouldn't want to be standing under the footy with him charging for the ball, wasn't the first time he's been crunched like that this year either, keeps getting up.
Hats off to the lad.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Postby morell » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:21 am

Computer Crashed wrote:
morell wrote:
Computer Crashed wrote:

Well I wasn't lying about the other lad & I wasn't about Nat either.
Was 20 mtrs away from them for two qtrs.
Big fella even turned around & had a whinge when the ball was rolling towards the boundary line, Keogh chased it but he didn't, needless to say the ball was cleared.
He was more frustrated than anything, Keogh stitched him up 90% of the time in all facets.
I'd be taking the info on board rather than dismissing it.
I just enjoy watching the game for what it is even though I watch IF each week.
Who ******* cares! What sort of utter galah gets on the internet and slags off a true champion of the amateur game because he complained to the umpire. After a win no less.

Nat is a 3x A Grade Premiership player, Premiership captain, multiple leading goal kicker awards, best and fairests, life membership, 300 games and as genuine and humble a bloke as you would ever find. If he felt there was a free kick, there probably was one. I've played with him for 10 years, very rarely does he say anything to the umpire.

He is a legend of our football club, pull your head in and show some damn respect.
morell
Coach

Postby Arch44 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:57 am

Don't do Monday mornings too well mate?
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Computer Crashed » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:05 am

Put your head back in sand then Morell.
No one is debating his past contributions.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:11 am

Computer Crashed wrote:I'm with Yank.
I don't think your showing enough recognition to Sanderson.
Lad has only been back in the game for a year or so and has generally been the only main focus as the big target for most of the season, let's not forget injuries and absence to the other forwards that have been missing week in week out.
I wouldn't want to be standing under the footy with him charging for the ball, wasn't the first time he's been crunched like that this year either, keeps getting up.
Hats off to the lad.

Oh don't get me wrong, he's been solid this year - especially as the only real target up forward. Saturday with Cree helped him immensely I think, all I'm saying is he is a solid contributor, but not many would have referred to him as a "great" player over the season - he isn't likely to kick big bags in games like some of the other power forwards (although potential is there).

Agreed I wouldn't want to be standing under the footy either - he comes a million miles an hour and has no brake.. hits hard and crashes in.

I thought Saturday - particularly his last quarter was the best he's played this year, and the most noticeable difference was him sticking the dukes up and plucking over head - strong contested marks, where as most the year he's been more inclined to take it on the chest.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby morell » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:18 am

Arch44 wrote:Don't do Monday mornings too well mate?

Not when anonymous keyboard fanboi's slag off club legends, no.

Hydey? Have at it. In fact I'll join him.
morell
Coach

Postby marbles » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:30 am

Bloke saw excessive whinging from whoever - he witnessed it it really happened and your pulling out nats trophy cabinet to say it didnt morrell :D

When did mp win "3" agrade premierships in last 10 years
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby morell » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:37 am

marbles wrote:When did mp win "3" agrade premierships in last 10 years
Testament to the longevity of the bloke:

2002, 2012 and 2015

He's the only triple premiership player in our club history.

In all honesty Nat is in the twilight of his career, he should be sitting in a pocket as a foil - not still trying to carry us as a football club as a key position player against guys much younger, fitter, faster and often more than one of them. The fact he is still trying speaks volumes of the character of the guy.

.... but yeah, he complained to an umpire so he's a sook.

Fair dinkum.
morell
Coach

Postby Milly » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:13 am

Did you blokes look at recruiting a Full Forward to enable him to move to a pocket?

I did see a team sheet a couple of weeks ago and you blokes were on 15 points which i found interesting.
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: St Paul's College OS

Postby WOS Dragons » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:20 am

morell wrote:

2002, 2012 and 2015

In all honesty Nat is in the twilight of his career, he should be sitting in a pocket as a foil - not still trying to carry us as a football club as a key position player against guys much younger, fitter, faster and often more than one of them. The fact he is still trying speaks volumes of the character of the guy.

Fair dinkum.

If he complained to the umpire then every chance he sooked in this game, pretty sure it wasnt a character reference for his entire career. Believe it or not as players get older and slower and cant do what they used to they sook sometimes. Doesn't take away from how they played 14 years ago when they won an a grade premiership
WOS Dragons
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby Computer Crashed » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:25 am

morell wrote:

2002, 2012 and 2015

Fair dinkum.

Wasn't only once.
Anyway,if you want to set an example as a club legend then do it week in week out not just on the scoreboard.
None of my comments have been derogatory, just an observation.
More ways than one to contribute on the day if your doing it tough.
Key board warrior my arse.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Postby morell » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:38 am

Milly wrote:Did you blokes look at recruiting a Full Forward to enable him to move to a pocket?

I did see a team sheet a couple of weeks ago and you blokes were on 15 points which i found interesting.
Know any available that wants to come to Mitchell Park for nix? If you do, please send me a PM and I'll let Tom know.

Yeah we're maxed out on points. Bit of a flaw in the system in my opinion.

Of our guys that we retained from last year - Walczak, Roberts, Regan - they're all two points still - so that's 6. Then any SFL recruit that have played A Grade in 2015, they're instantly 3 points - Halime and Farrell, so that's another 6. So we're up to 12 points with only *two* new recruits! Add the 2x Para Hills guys are we're maxed out.

The league needs to seriously consider a little bit more pragmatism and flexibility with the APPS. We're a club one and half seasons out from being on our deathbed and only having one side, 2015 we finished 5th in D7 with an 8-8 record. Yeah, we manged to snag a flag but we are now competing against already strong D6 clubs and unluckily relegated D5 sides with exactly the same amount of points to recruit with - makes it tough.

Its been a huge issue for us this year trying to manage it and to be it has limited our recruiting (and selection) options.
morell
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League