West Croydon
32%
Woodville South
14%

Total votes : 91

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:42 am

morell wrote:
Milly wrote:Did you blokes look at recruiting a Full Forward to enable him to move to a pocket?

I did see a team sheet a couple of weeks ago and you blokes were on 15 points which i found interesting.
Know any available that wants to come to Mitchell Park for nix? If you do, please send me a PM and I'll let Tom know.

Yeah we're maxed out on points. Bit of a flaw in the system in my opinion.

Of our guys that we retained from last year - Walczak, Roberts, Regan - they're all two points still - so that's 6. Then any SFL recruit that have played A Grade in 2015, they're instantly 3 points - Halime and Farrell, so that's another 6. So we're up to 12 points with only *two* new recruits! Add the 2x Para Hills guys are we're maxed out.

The league needs to seriously consider a little bit more pragmatism and flexibility with the APPS. We're a club one and half seasons out from being on our deathbed and only having one side, 2015 we finished 5th in D7 with an 8-8 record. Yeah, we manged to snag a flag but we are now competing against already strong D6 clubs and unluckily relegated D5 sides with exactly the same amount of points to recruit with - makes it tough.

Its been a huge issue for us this year trying to manage it and to be it has limited our recruiting (and selection) options.

Have you tried recruiting players that have played previously with you so they're worth 0 points? One of the reason Flinders Park have improved. Big focus was getting ex players/juniors back to the club
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby morell » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:46 am

Computer Crashed wrote:
morell wrote:
marbles wrote:When did mp win "3" agrade premierships in last 10 years
Testament to the longevity of the bloke:

2002, 2012 and 2015

He's the only triple premiership player in our club history.

In all honesty Nat is in the twilight of his career, he should be sitting in a pocket as a foil - not still trying to carry us as a football club as a key position player against guys much younger, fitter, faster and often more than one of them. The fact he is still trying speaks volumes of the character of the guy.

.... but yeah, he complained to an umpire so he's a sook.

Fair dinkum.

Wasn't only once.
Anyway,if you want to set an example as a club legend then do it week in week out not just on the scoreboard.
None of my comments have been derogatory, just an observation.
More ways than one to contribute on the day if your doing it tough.
Key board warrior my arse.
You accused someone of sooking, I think you need to reboot your crashed computer and look up the word derogatory, because I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Get off the internet and maybe go and have a chat with Nat and tell him you think he's a sook to his face. He's a really friendly guy. At the moment your just some random nobody - I don't know who you are, nor does Nat - so that's kind of unfair don't you think?
Last edited by morell on Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:47 am

Come on, give it a rest ](*,) ](*,)
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:48 am

morell wrote:Know any available that wants to come to Mitchell Park for nix? If you do, please send me a PM and I'll let Tom know.

Of our guys that we retained from last year - Walczak, Roberts, Regan - they're all two points still - so that's 6. Then any SFL recruit that have played A Grade in 2015, they're instantly 3 points - Halime and Farrell, so that's another 6. So we're up to 12 points with only *two* new recruits! Add the 2x Para Hills guys are we're maxed out.

The league needs to seriously consider a little bit more pragmatism and flexibility with the APPS. We're a club one and half seasons out from being on our deathbed and only having one side, 2015 we finished 5th in D7 with an 8-8 record. Yeah, we manged to snag a flag but we are now competing against already strong D6 clubs and unluckily relegated D5 sides with exactly the same amount of points to recruit with - makes it tough.

Its been a huge issue for us this year trying to manage it and to be it has limited our recruiting (and selection) options.

The APPS is not really a flaw, most of the clubs have junior programs that feed into the seniors - that's where you can balance and offset your recruits.. Nick Leck could play A grade and he would be a -1 wouldn't he because he's U18?

It's just unfortunate that Mitchell Park haven't managed to develop older age juniors yet.

If you know you're limited with points though, be smarter with your recruiting - find some handy fringe A grade players - plenty lurking around.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3995 times

Postby morell » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:49 am

mighty hounds wrote:
morell wrote:
Milly wrote:Did you blokes look at recruiting a Full Forward to enable him to move to a pocket?

I did see a team sheet a couple of weeks ago and you blokes were on 15 points which i found interesting.
Know any available that wants to come to Mitchell Park for nix? If you do, please send me a PM and I'll let Tom know.

Have you tried recruiting players that have played previously with you so they're worth 0 points? One of the reason Flinders Park have improved. Big focus was getting ex players/juniors back to the club
We haven't really had strong juniors for a long time and stop at U12s at the moment.

There were a couple we targeted pretty heavily that fit into the criteria. One went to the country for huge coin, one wanted to play at a higher level, one wanted one more season with a mate. We will be into them again for season 2017 but it's not easy when they get scattered into the wind because of the huge gap between juniors and seniors.
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:51 am

Zartan wrote:
morell wrote:Know any available that wants to come to Mitchell Park for nix? If you do, please send me a PM and I'll let Tom know.

The APPS is not really a flaw, most of the clubs have junior programs that feed into the seniors - that's where you can balance and offset your recruits.. Nick Leck could play A grade and he would be a -1 wouldn't he because he's U18?

It's just unfortunate that Mitchell Park haven't managed to develop older age juniors yet.

If you know you're limited with points though, be smarter with your recruiting - find some handy fringe A grade players - plenty lurking around.
Correct. Not having those -1's makes it tough too.

Dunno, just think freshly promoted sides should maybe get a bit extra to work with so they can compete at the standard. Within reason of course. Or at least make it so retained players drop their points quicker. Roberts, Regan and Sacky should be 0 pointers IMO.
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:54 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Come on, give it a rest ](*,) ](*,)

I'll defend Nat until the internet runs out of bandwidth.
morell
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:56 am

morell wrote:
Zartan wrote:

Dunno, just think freshly promoted sides should maybe get a bit extra to work with so they can compete at the standard. Within reason of course. Or at least make it so retained players drop their points quicker. Roberts, Regan and Sacky should be 0 pointers IMO.

Why?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:57 am

If I was Mitchell Park, I'd be looking closely over players from Edwardstown, Morphy Pk, Plympton, WOS, CLG, PHOS and Kenilworth who appear to be regular handy B graders who play occasional A grade footy - stalk them on FB to find out what sort of player they are or go watch them, then try and recruit them, or find a mutual friend to do it for you :D
The Bedge
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:59 am

Just ring Scooter Morrell.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby The Informer » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:59 am

How many games has Sacky played for the club?
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby morell » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:01 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
morell wrote:
Zartan wrote:

Why?
Because they've committed to two seasons and they're from different clubs. Clearly not a cabal of fly in fly out mercenaries - which is what the APPS system is designed to squash.
morell
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:01 pm

The_Informer wrote:How many games has Sacky played for the club?

2015 - 17
2014 - 14*
The Bedge
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:02 pm

Zartan wrote:If I was Mitchell Park, I'd be looking closely over players from Edwardstown, Morphy Pk, Plympton, WOS, CLG, PHOS and Kenilworth who appear to be regular handy B graders who play occasional A grade footy - stalk them on FB to find out what sort of player they are or go watch them, then try and recruit them, or find a mutual friend to do it for you :D
Want me to send you screengrabs! hahaha
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:04 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Just ring Scooter Morrell.
Speak to Scoot regularly but I'm not a fan of doing what you're suggesting.

he has been very respectful of our players and we will be very respectful of his.
morell
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:06 pm

Zartan wrote:If I was Mitchell Park, I'd be looking closely over players from Edwardstown, Morphy Pk, Plympton, WOS, CLG, PHOS and Kenilworth who appear to be regular handy B graders who play occasional A grade footy - stalk them on FB to find out what sort of player they are or go watch them, then try and recruit them, or find a mutual friend to do it for you :D

Just on that. Around the South/ South Central there is a different footy culture to the North/ North West. It's not common to see players going from club to club to club around the surrounding Marion area. There are always large volumes of movement at many clubs north of the city (In particular div 4 and down.)
Last edited by LaughingKookaburra on Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby The Informer » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:06 pm

Zartan wrote:

2015 - 17
2014 - 14*

Wouldn't he be 1 then if he came to the club as a 3 pointer?
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:07 pm

morell wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Just ring Scooter Morrell.
Speak to Scoot regularly but I'm not a fan of doing what you're suggesting.

he has been very respectful of our players and we will be very respectful of his.

Always intended as a joke mate.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:07 pm

If a returning player whose played 25+ games is worth zero points, then perhaps if you recruit a player whose worth 3, the next season become 2, and then when they reach 25 games for the club drop to one point for the remainder of the season, and become a zero pointer the start of the following season..

At least gives a little more flexibility albeit small with the points.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:08 pm

The_Informer wrote:
Zartan wrote:

2015 - 17
2014 - 14*

Wouldn't he be 1 then if he came to the club as a 3 pointer?

Sorry I meant 2016 14 games - not 2014! :oops:
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League