Seaton
4%
Walkerville
19%

Total votes : 53

Re: CH9AFL Divison 3 2016

Postby Reilly » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:59 pm

Trader wrote:
Arch44 wrote:You lot for real? Its been a winter sport for years and grounds have been like that, worse and better. may as well put a roof over every oval. Unbelievable.

If every oval was like that then sure, no worries. The fact that this is the worst of all we've seen, and by a reasonable margin, shows they haven't managed their oval appropriately.

It was the heavy rain we had last Monday night/Tuesday that did the damage I'd say. I know at Grange my rain gauge measured just over 60 mm in less than 24 hours. That and the fact the oval really doesn't get a break during the week at all has done the damage. As I said in an earlier post, it's the worst condition I've seen it in in my 20 years. Wouldn't be surprised if they try and move the C grade game scheduled for Saturday elsewhere.
Reilly

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby hollywood7477 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:16 pm

heater31 wrote:
jo172 wrote:Saw I was in D3 and naturally assumed that was Mitcham.

Far out.

How could it be? There is a tinge of green grass in the picture. Mitcham's Price Memorial is nothing but sloppy mud with no grass able to survive :roll:

The council has spent a fair bit of money getting the drainage better at Mitcham and it has improved dramatically. I was there Saturday at the past players and sponsors day and it was in really good condition compared to what it has been like
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 72 times

Postby mighty hounds » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:34 pm

teaoby wrote:Surely a club gets to a point before their oval gets to this stage and they cancel training or move them elsewhere.
And dont tell me that isn't an option because every club has to manage their deck during wet years!

The SAAFL should be asking for a please explain, as that is a disgrace!

:lol:
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby mighty hounds » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:35 pm

Reilly wrote:
Trader wrote:
Arch44 wrote:You lot for real? Its been a winter sport for years and grounds have been like that, worse and better. may as well put a roof over every oval. Unbelievable.

If every oval was like that then sure, no worries. The fact that this is the worst of all we've seen, and by a reasonable margin, shows they haven't managed their oval appropriately.

It was the heavy rain we had last Monday night/Tuesday that did the damage I'd say. I know at Grange my rain gauge measured just over 60 mm in less than 24 hours. That and the fact the oval really doesn't get a break during the week at all has done the damage. As I said in an earlier post, it's the worst condition I've seen it in in my 20 years. Wouldn't be surprised if they try and move the C grade game scheduled for Saturday elsewhere.

C grade has been changed i believe
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby twobob » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:10 pm

Seriously both teams have to play on it and yes it is a winter sport. Whats next visiting teams refusing to play at opposing grounds due to cold showers. I think todays footballers are a little too precious. If the score line is two goals to 1 then so be it we still have a winner. Just watch the english soccer they play in snow for gods sake.
twobob
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Wudinna United

Postby mighty hounds » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:13 pm

twobob wrote:Seriously both teams have to play on it and yes it is a winter sport. Whats next visiting teams refusing to play at opposing grounds due to cold showers. I think todays footballers are a little too precious. If the score line is two goals to 1 then so be it we still have a winner. Just watch the english soccer they play in snow for gods sake.

The council stepped in and basically banned any sport on it until next week.
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:16 pm

heater31 wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Shit, Bridgewater aside I haven't seen a ground in that sort of condition in a very long time.

Morgan Oval 2009 for a Division 5 Second Semi Final Pulteney v Plympton....... @Footy Chick

I saw that game. It took me an hour to walk to my car and a lost a boot in the mud
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Minion Master » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:29 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
twobob wrote:Seriously both teams have to play on it and yes it is a winter sport. Whats next visiting teams refusing to play at opposing grounds due to cold showers. I think todays footballers are a little too precious. If the score line is two goals to 1 then so be it we still have a winner. Just watch the english soccer they play in snow for gods sake.

had a look at the oval today, reckon it will be very lucky if it comes up for next week :o
Minion Master
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Broughton-Mundoora

Postby mighty hounds » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:34 pm

Minion Master wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:

had a look at the oval today, reckon it will be very lucky if it comes up for next week :o

I was looking forward to your bbq rating as well :D :D
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby Reilly » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:35 pm

Minion Master wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:

Agreed! Will be interesting to see what they do next week as I know they've planned a function while the A's and B's are playing.
Reilly

Postby Fricky » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:54 pm

Reilly wrote:
Minion Master wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:

Agreed! Will be interesting to see what they do next week as I know they've planned a function while the A's and B's are playing.

Itd be disappointed if next week's game is moved when you have a club event on. We play you guys next week too. Hopefully the game isn't moved.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby Reilly » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:03 pm

I think it'll really depend on the amount of rain we get over the next week and a half. I think the weathers supposed to be ok at least over the next 5 or so day and provided they don't train on it, it might be ok. I'm sure the club will do whatever they can to ensure all goes ahead.
Reilly

Postby watchdog » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:37 pm

mighty hounds wrote:

I would think it may have something to do with insurance and whether the oval is "deemed safe". Last thing anyone would want is a serious injury
watchdog
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 11 times

Postby Minion Master » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:40 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
Minion Master wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:

I was looking forward to your bbq rating as well :D :D

with FP being the last BBQ to try so was I and then giving the final standing order for all the BBQ's for season 2016 :D
Minion Master
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Broughton-Mundoora

Postby heater31 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:03 pm

watchdog wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:

I would think it may have something to do with insurance and whether the oval is "deemed safe". Last thing anyone would want is a serious injury

Plus once it dries out a bit it will recover more quickly in time for spring and the summer users of the oval.

Short term pain for long term gain. Provided no more major down pours.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby cracka » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:21 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Shit, Bridgewater aside I haven't seen a ground in that sort of condition in a very long time.

Saw Mt Barker oval looking like that a couple of years ago. Had to play Under 12's after the A grade.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby mighty hounds » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:56 pm

watchdog wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:

The photos don't actually do it justice. It's like a swamp but without the alligators :lol:
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby SATCHEL » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:56 am

drove past this morning. Although she still looks like the wet lands leading into mawson lakes in parts. It seems to be greening up a tad on the flanks towards the southern end. It shouldn't take long. Will do the oval a world of good though. Hopefully it doesn't dry out and harden up like Mitcham does towards the end of the year. It would be like a cheese grater.
SATCHEL
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 53 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:18 pm

2001 1st Semi Finals at Hectorville

A7
Broadview 1.4 1.6 1.7 1.9 (15)
Adelaide Uni 0.0 2.1 2.1 2.2 (14)

A7 Res

Broadview 0.5 2.6 3.8 3.9 (27)
Henley 2.2 3.5 3.5 3.7 (25)

The day got worse the longer it went didn't stop raining all day
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:22 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:Another shot of their oval

I remember playing a game for Athelstone against Flinders Park at their oval in my last year in SAFA in 1987 and the ground was worse than that we couldn't even find the centre square let alone the centre circle and it poured all day
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League