7%
West Croydon
32%
Woodville South
14%

Total votes : 91

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:24 pm

scottroo wrote:once a player has played 25 games the following season he should be a zero pointer. If he plays his 25th game in season 2 and then leaves in June and decides to return the following year he would be a zero so why not let the loyal ones become zero too?

Also think there's a floor in the system with country guys who move to the city for work or Uni, last season we had 3 guys move from interstate to play footy with us through family friends, each of them worth 3 points and all who came to us with the support of their home clubs. Perhaps on interstate or country transfers the players home club dictates on how many points a player is worth eg if the player is poached for coin the club could state them as a 3 pointer, however if the reason is genuine and the Home club is happy to let them go, they could say they are worth zero points

We tried to do that but the country clubs voted it down at CFB level
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby cracka » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:43 pm

scottroo wrote:once a player has played 25 games the following season he should be a zero pointer. If he plays his 25th game in season 2 and then leaves in June and decides to return the following year he would be a zero so why not let the loyal ones become zero too?

Also think there's a floor in the system with country guys who move to the city for work or Uni, last season we had 3 guys move from interstate to play footy with us through family friends, each of them worth 3 points and all who came to us with the support of their home clubs. Perhaps on interstate or country transfers the players home club dictates on how many points a player is worth eg if the player is poached for coin the club could state them as a 3 pointer, however if the reason is genuine and the Home club is happy to let them go, they could say they are worth zero points

Surely there would have to be a ceiling as well then. :D
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby morell » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:58 pm

Where is teh @Zartan preview :cry:
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:48 pm

No time, he's out playing pokemon...
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Yank Man » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:35 pm

Footy Chick wrote:No time, he's out playing pokemon...

Hahaha, FC, he's actually realised how easy this week is.

Fitzroy with their multi cultural round will pump Luthies. Tai Wheadon to kick 6
West Croydon in cruise control over Houghton in the bog.
Brahma Lodge will win, Lions to be brave with McDonnell bagging 6 with Aloisi kept to 4
Farmers over The Lakers and Lynch to be best on.
Woody Sth over Trinity in a slog at the college.

And the ladder will read

West Croydon 29
Woody Sth 26
Ingle Farm 24
Brahma 20
Mawsons 10
Fitzroy 10
M Park 8
Houghton 8
Luthies 6

Three way go for relegation. I reckon Carey said ages ago the top 4 are in a world of their own. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Yank Man » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:06 pm

In the reserves

Luthies in a canter
West Croydon in a percentage booster
Blodge over MP just
Farmers again in a percentage booster
Woody Sth over Trinity

6 teams in to 5 doesn't work out and one will miss. Big 4 weeks for 4/6 teams. Will all depend on A grade teams availability.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby marbles » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:57 pm

Yank Man wrote:

Fitzroy with their multi cultural round will pump Luthies. Tai Wheadon to kick 6
Brahma Lodge will win, Lions to be brave with McDonnell bagging 6 with Aloisi kept to 4
:D

Brahmas will probably give their best players a rest this week :D
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:24 pm

Yank Man wrote:

Farmers over The Lakers and Lynch to be best on.
Woody Sth over Trinity in a slog at the college.

And the ladder will read

West Croydon 29
Woody Sth 26
Ingle Farm 24
Brahma 20
Mawsons 10
Fitzroy 10
trinity
M Park 8
Houghton 8
Luthies 6

Three way go for relegation. I reckon Carey said ages ago the top 4 are in a world of their own. :D
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Q. » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:35 am

Surprisingly, our oval is in pretty good shape
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby morell » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:06 am

Q. wrote:Surprisingly, our sheep farm dung hill is in pretty good shape
FTFY
morell
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:47 am

morell wrote:Where is teh @Zartan preview :cry:

Sorry was home sick all day yesterday and same today - will try and put something together this afternoon if I can find the energy - but don't hold your breath.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Arch44 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:04 am

Zartan wrote:
morell wrote:Where is teh @Zartan preview :cry:

Sorry was home sick all day yesterday and same today - will try and put something together this afternoon if I can find the energy - but don't hold your breath.

Cant do a review out of the work place.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby human_torpedo » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:29 am

Yank Man completely forgetting us poor Trinity folk in his A grade ladder :( .. Probably fair enough, we don't really deserve to be under consideration

Ingle Farm in both grades by around 5 goals..
West Croydon by triple figures in both grades..
Mitchell Hills in a double upset.. Close down Steele and Aloisi (no easy feat) and I think they will spring a surprise. Morell to cement finals action for his lads with a win.
Fitzroy to keep the flicker alive with a win against Luthies in the A grade. But will win the B grade comfortably (sorry Arch)
Woody South with relative ease in both grades. Unavailability crippling the TOSers season in both grades
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby morell » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:25 pm

human_torpedo wrote:Yank Man completely forgetting us poor Trinity folk in his A grade ladder :( .. Probably fair enough, we don't really deserve to be under consideration

Mitchell Hills in a double upset.. Close down Steele and Aloisi (no easy feat) and I think they will spring a surprise. Morell to cement finals action for his lads with a win.
Fitzroy to keep the flicker alive with a win against Luthies in the A grade. But will win the B grade comfortably (sorry Arch)
Woody South with relative ease in both grades. Unavailability crippling the TOSers season in both grades
Would be a minor miracle.

Too many of our guys needing to get haircuts and/or pat their dog... or they have a stubbed toe, dry eyes or a bruise on their hip from bumping into their desk at work.
morell
Coach

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:34 pm

morell wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:Yank Man completely forgetting us poor Trinity folk in his A grade ladder :( .. Probably fair enough, we don't really deserve to be under consideration

Would be a minor miracle.

Too many of our guys needing to get haircuts and/or pat their dog... or they have a stubbed toe, dry eyes or a bruise on their hip from bumping into their desk at work.

Or looking for pokemon ;-)
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby morell » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:48 pm

That would be more of an acceptable excuse for me than half the ones I get on a week to week basis.
morell
Coach

Postby Arch44 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:13 pm

Apology accepted. Our aim is to surprise ;)
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:34 pm

Q. wrote:Surprisingly, our oval is in pretty good shape

Nice play on words.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby morell » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:18 pm

So a few of us Magoos coaches have been exclaiming about how much commitment for football has changed. Even over the last couple of years it's changed. I recall when I first started playing footy it was a massive issue and almost taboo to miss a single Tuesday training session - now its surprising to get enough players to a training session for a full oval drill. I was shunned for half a season for going to Bali. To miss a game for anything other than a funeral was mortifying.

What happened? When did these type of excuses become acceptable?

"I am watching the Crows"
"I am going to a music festival"
"I have a cold"
"It's my aunties 50th"
"I have an engagement party"
"I am having lunch with my parents"

The above are excuses I have heard this year for missing games. Do players just not care anymore? Are we that desperate to get numbers that we have to pick them anyway?

The balance of power has now swung to players to such a degree that clubs are almost held to ransom. I threatened to not play a player for an extra week because I thought his excuse was weak. His response - "Sweet, I wanted another week off anyway".

I totally understand that at D6 and D6R level it's casual-ish football. I have had the most relaxed and easy going attitude to training and preparation in Mitchell Park's history - much to peoples chagrin - in an attempt to provide an enjoyable environment for these young blokes to play footy, provided you played your heart out on gameday you could rock up and smash Pokémon until 12:10 if you want - and I'd still be happy. At least you'd be there. Still, nope, players have something better to do.

I was having this argument with a few of #thechapter galahs who seem to think missing a few games a year is no big deal. I looked at the ladder and wondered if there was a distinct difference between the top teams and bottom teams in regards to how many players have played the majority of the year. Was it just that West Croyden are more talented, Woodville fitter and Ingle Farm and Brahma Lodge stronger? Or was there something else as well?

Taking the 80/20 rule towards games played, so 14 rounds thus far, how many players in each team have played more than 80% of games - 11.2 so make it 12 or more games played. What was clear was that, intuitively, the higher the percentage of players that had played 80% of games or more, invariably the higher the ladder position of that team. Fitzroy a slight outlier:

tl;dr - commitment and consistency = wins.

morell
Coach

Postby Arch44 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:24 pm

I have said a few times in recent years now, footy at our level is more something to do instead of playing with a successful purpose for too many. Unfortunately.
Arch44
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League