3%
Rosewater
17%
Smithfield
23%

Total votes : 66

Re: CH9AFL Division 5, 2016

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:39 pm

I love these people that come into this thread when they know nothing and have nothing to do with this competition and just have unsubstantiated cracks

Just to shut you both up Jim and Whufc (and anyone else who thinks I'm being completely unreasonable) it's not even a league matter anymore - it's now a police matter and in turn, this site becomes potentially liable for any crap anything that you clowns post because you think it's your god given right to spout anything you wish on social media.

I can tell you now that @Wedgie and @Dutchy will be hunting you down to pay the legal fees if we get sued.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby heater31 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:56 pm

Jim05 wrote:Says more about the clowns running the comp than those posting on here if they are using stuff posted on a forum to hang people

Would have thought someone that is before a judiciary of any type would be afforded the same principles in respect to public comment before a matter is dealt with by a Football League Tribunal or a Court of Law.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:13 pm

Footy Chick wrote:I love these people that come into this thread when they know nothing and have nothing to do with this competition and just have unsubstantiated cracks

Just to shut you both up Jim and Whufc (and anyone else who thinks I'm being completely unreasonable) it's not even a league matter anymore - it's now a police matter and in turn, this site becomes potentially liable for any crap anything that you clowns post because you think it's your god given right to spout anything you wish on social media.

I can tell you know that @Wedgie and @Dutchy will be hunting you down to pay the legal fees if we get sued.

Don't have a problem with what you are doing and agree that things before a tribunal shouldn't be commented on. What I did find funny was the notion that the hierarchy of the SAAFL would be scouring forums that contain 99% BS and then using that info to prosecute people. Would of thought they have better things to do with their time
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby whufc » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:47 pm

My issue was that a very good contributor of this forum was instantly banned from the site, I understand why u may not want people commenting on it which is fine but a simple 'come on mate you can't post that' would have been suffice especially considering we have a whole thread which dedicated to slamming characters, a club and mostly based on untrue innuendo.

I also do feel the amateur league has done an amateur job at cleaning up the saafl, while its better than what it once was from what I have seen its now miles behind nearly every other sporting comp I watch or follow. By the way I may not be on any league committee or anything like that but I think being a regular viewer at amateur games makes me a follower of the league so saying I have nothing to do with the comp is a bit rich

I should be allowed to have an opinion on this regardless of whether it agrees with your views
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2530 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:04 pm

You're entitled to your opinion , go your hardest - not going to deny anyone that.

But no point campaigning on behalf of anyone that deliberately breaks the rules. Call it setting the bar high for anyone else thats thinking of being a hero and doing the same.

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:23 pm

whufc wrote:My issue was that a very good contributor of this forum was instantly banned from the site, I understand why u may not want people commenting on it which is fine but a simple 'come on mate you can't post that' would have been suffice especially considering we have a whole thread which dedicated to slamming characters, a club and mostly based on untrue innuendo.

I also do feel the amateur league has done an amateur job at cleaning up the saafl, while its better than what it once was from what I have seen its now miles behind nearly every other sporting comp I watch or follow. By the way I may not be on any league committee or anything like that but I think being a regular viewer at amateur games makes me a follower of the league so saying I have nothing to do with the comp is a bit rich

I should be allowed to have an opinion on this regardless of whether it agrees with your views

Being a player in the SAAFL for 16 years I completely disagree with your statement that the league has done an amateur job in cleaning it up. It's not just better than it once was, it's far better than it once was and that's from a playing point of view not an observation.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby jo172 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:22 pm

Anyone who doesnt think the Amateur League is 10 times safer than it was is kidding themselves.

The new club wide suspended sentences will only further make this the case.

A theory that should be at least discussed is that every club should start the year on the suspended sentence status. No more second chamces, control your people.

(i say this as a committee member who is imperfect at controlling our people)
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby oldman » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:00 pm

Pretty easy way to stop all the crap being posted on here.......... Those who know what happened simply put up the truth about a situation. Yes people like to bend it sometimes but when a situation of this magnatud happens it would be pretty bloody hard to bend the truth.

Maybe as a moderator you could simply make a statement about the serious issues which would then alleviate any speculation? Didn't the same club have a player suspended for life last season after a deliberate high elbow resulting in a broken jaw?
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:09 pm

In fairness to the club and individuals involved this happened 24 hours ago. Might want to give them a chance first.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby wassprinttospace » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:19 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:In fairness to the club and individuals involved this happened 24 hours ago. Might want to give them a chance first.

I agree LK. Let whatever process is required to review and resolve the incident take place and lets just talk footy.

Our B grade had a real crack in the early game. Let Rosies get a 28 pt lead at quarter time but fought hard to stay with them going down by 26. We've had a really solid 6 weeks and hope to finish the last 3 games putting pressure on the top 3.

Only saw the 1st quarter of the late game and it was even when I left. Looks like we got pipped at the post by a better side on the day.
wassprinttospace
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Blackfriars OS

Postby Mr Beefy » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:20 pm

;
Last edited by Mr Beefy on Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby heater31 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:21 pm

oldman wrote:Pretty easy way to stop all the crap being posted on here.......... Those who know what happened simply put up the truth about a situation. Yes people like to bend it sometimes but when a situation of this magnatud happens it would be pretty bloody hard to bend the truth.

Maybe as a moderator you could simply make a statement about the serious issues which would then alleviate any speculation? Didn't the same club have a player suspended for life last season after a deliberate high elbow resulting in a broken jaw?

As a moderator how can we tell the shit from the clay? I would probably guess all of the team did not witness the alleged incident so we would have to rely on the account of someone who claimed they were there. Also how do we know they they might be leaving important details out to suit their side of the story or just missed them altogether?

Therefore we let the League tribunal and the courts of law take their natural course and protocols.

This is a final warning any further mention of this incident will result in this thread locked and any further talk on the division will be prohibited until further notice!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:27 pm

So...Lockleys have shortened into premiership favourites? have they ever been in div 4 before?
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby wassprinttospace » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:36 pm

mighty hounds wrote:So...Lockleys have shortened into premiership favourites? have they ever been in div 4 before?

rd 18 v heccies will be a cracker between these two.
wassprinttospace
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Blackfriars OS

Postby jo172 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:37 pm

For what its worth on a legal basis the mods and ad,in are acting very prudently.

In an ideal world the same rules would be applied when they don't have axes to grind against the alleged perpetrator, but so be it
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Ian » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:19 pm

mighty hounds wrote:So...Lockleys have shortened into premiership favourites? have they ever been in div 4 before?

Finished 3rd in Div 3 in the 90s after winning back to back Div 5 - Div 4 flags, played finals in A1 the following year, the year the SAFA sides entered the SANFL and P1, P2 & P3 were formed above the "A" divisions
North Adelaide F C : Champions of Aust 1972 : Premiers 1900, 02, 05, 20, 30, 31, 49, 52, 60, 71, 72, 87, 91
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby oldman » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:21 pm

So has there been a report laid?
Transparency is great
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:23 pm

clearly you haven't read any of the previous posts, otherwise you'd know it's now a police matter.

Now, for the absolute last time - let it go, or you'll spoil the other discussion for everyone else and score yourself a holiday.

Footy Chick

Postby Ian » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:20 am

Footy Chick wrote:clearly you haven't read any of the previous posts, otherwise you'd know it's now a police matter.

Now, for the absolute last time - let it go, or you'll spoil the other discussion for everyone else and score yourself a holiday.

I'm admiring your patience atm FC, I can't believe there are so many on here that don't understand basic English!!
North Adelaide F C : Champions of Aust 1972 : Premiers 1900, 02, 05, 20, 30, 31, 49, 52, 60, 71, 72, 87, 91
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Dangeroos » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:46 am

Great win for Smithfield F.C saturday, would have to say an unexpected one due to both sides recent form. Hectorville soundly defeated us first time round, Panthers have been inconsistent throughout the season but have stepped up in the last two weeks.
Dangeroos
Mini-League

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 30 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League