SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Re: Drugs, umps and other ammo's news

Postby stan » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:29 am

Bluedemon wrote:When is the tribunal sitting?

In thought the tribunal is Tuesday nights? Could be wrong.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:35 am

I haven't got the slightest clue initially but wouldn't the tribunal take a back seat initially until it's fully investigated and there is an outcome from higher authorities? Hate to jump the gun before all facts come out...
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:37 am

Wednesday like every other week.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby stan » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:33 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:I haven't got the slightest clue initially but wouldn't the tribunal take a back seat initially until it's fully investigated and there is an outcome from higher authorities? Hate to jump the gun before all facts come out...

No I would think that the tribunal would run its course regardless and the police investigation will happen in parallel.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Robbo14 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:16 am

Robbo14
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Arch44 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:02 am

Cmon Robbo14, You put a link on I have to subscribe to. :?
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby retired60 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:04 am

Well if you can believe what is reported in the Advertiser, apparently 'the player didnt strike but grabbed the umpire' OH REALLY!
retired60

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Robbo14 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:25 am

Arch, Google "Trewartha umpire" click on the images and then you'll be able to read the article.
Robbo14
Mini-League

Postby Arch44 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:51 am

Robbo14 wrote:Arch, Google "Trewartha umpire" click on the images and then you'll be able to read the article.

Cheers mate. That picture is not from a "Grab"
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Spangas » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:10 pm

Arch44 wrote:
Robbo14 wrote:Arch, Google "Trewartha umpire" click on the images and then you'll be able to read the article.

Cheers mate. That picture is not from a "Grab"

On a more serious note he could have tidied up those nose hairs a bit.
I apologise.
Spangas
Under 16s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 103 times

Postby Spangas » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:11 pm

I apologise.
Spangas
Under 16s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 103 times

Postby oldman » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:32 pm

Stripping the club of its points would actually have a massive effect as it could mean possible relegation for them being so late in the season. That would send a pretty strong message that the league has zero tolerance for such behaviour?

Considering this same club had a player suspended in the finals last season for striking with an elbow which resulted in a broken jaw and the suspended player being deregistered due to too many suspensions........maybe the message isn't getting through??
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:47 pm

oldman wrote:Stripping the club of its points would actually have a massive effect as it could mean possible relegation for them being so late in the season. That would send a pretty strong message that the league has zero tolerance for such behaviour?

Considering this same club had a player suspended in the finals last season for striking with an elbow which resulted in a broken jaw and the suspended player being deregistered due to too many suspensions........maybe the message isn't getting through??

I fail to see how a forced relegation benefits anyone, it doesn't help opposition clubs who have to front them after being very competitive in div. 5 and generally being around the mark, it doesn't help the league with potential lop-sided results and I don't see how Rosewater could be held accountable in this instance.
Sure, a strong message needs to be sent, any punishment on the club going forward will not hinder the player in question, it's unlikely that he'll play again and at a guess he probably wouldn't be spending too much time around the club in the near future.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Robbo14 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:50 pm

Has there been any other incidents in the past where an individual's actions has resulted in the team losing points?
Robbo14
Mini-League

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:52 pm

plenty.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby jo172 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:52 pm

Robbo14 wrote:Has there been any other incidents in the past where an individual's actions has resulted in the team losing points?

See Salisbury North this year for a start.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby oldman » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:53 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
oldman wrote:Stripping the club of its points would actually have a massive effect as it could mean possible relegation for them being so late in the season. That would send a pretty strong message that the league has zero tolerance for such behaviour?

I fail to see how a forced relegation benefits anyone, it doesn't help opposition clubs who have to front them after being very competitive in div. 5 and generally being around the mark, it doesn't help the league with potential lop-sided results and I don't see how Rosewater could be held accountable in this instance.
Sure, a strong message needs to be sent, any punishment on the club going forward will not hinder the player in question, it's unlikely that he'll play again and at a guess he probably wouldn't be spending too much time around the club in the near future.

Had this happened in round 4 the stripping of points would absolutely been talked about as punishment do you agree? They have been up and down all year I don't think playing in Div6 would be any different and maybe just maybe the club would go about things differently as this is not the first time this club has been involved in on field indiscretions.
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Fricky » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:55 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

I would think that consistent situations of violence from players of the same club would warrant them losing points i.e. over 3 years the same club continue to have players suspended for striking, which could leave the League thinking that the club isn't doing enough to stamp out the violence and they decide to take points from said club. Don't the league send a letter to clubs if they continue to have players being suspended asking what the club is doing to rectify this?
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby whufc » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:57 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Agree,

I think there needs to somehow be a ban which if found guilty forces the player to be suspended from all sport not just football including all affiliation including playing and coaching.

The message needs to be that there is no place in 'sport' for people with that mentality
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League