New Clubs for 2017

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: New Clubs for 2017

Postby vics01 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:39 pm

Hawks were told due to history. History is just that. It is not here and now..
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby TIRED TIGER » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:43 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Why? we play bad, we get relegated. 2 clubs would go down under any other circumstance and no one should rest on the fact that there were only 9 teams this year.

Sure, it's going to suck to be relegated after all the hard work Charlie and Stevo put in over the years, hell, even poor Bob would be pulling his hair out if he had any trying to get these blokes playing some decent footy - but you gotta take the hand you're dealt.

*disclaimer* - i'm pretty sure i dont' speak for the rest of the club here.

Well Lisa if I was still coaching Hope Valley I would be knocking on the HVFC committee and Saafl doors and demanding we stay in Div 4. I think it's very ordinary that new clubs can apply to affiliate and jump over the top of loyal clubs.Hope valley wouldn't be relegated if para hills played in 2016.Let them start in Div6 where ttg and modbury did and look where they are now.They should do the hard yards like we did at hope valley to climb the grades not be given a gold pass
TIRED TIGER
Reserves

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 46 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:46 pm

vics01 wrote:Hawks were told due to history. History is just that. It is not here and now..

The challenge to your mob is nowsuspensions in next 12 months with minimal to no red or yellow cards. Then re-apply. If the troublemakers are gone, this should be a piece of cake, no?
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:57 pm

TIRED TIGER wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Why? we play bad, we get relegated. 2 clubs would go down under any other circumstance and no one should rest on the fact that there were only 9 teams this year.

Sure, it's going to suck to be relegated after all the hard work Charlie and Stevo put in over the years, hell, even poor Bob would be pulling his hair out if he had any trying to get these blokes playing some decent footy - but you gotta take the hand you're dealt.

Well Lisa if I was still coaching Hope Valley I would be knocking on the HVFC committee and Saafl doors and demanding we stay in Div 4. I think it's very ordinary that new clubs can apply to affiliate and jump over the top of loyal clubs.Hope valley wouldn't be relegated if para hills played in 2016.Let them start in Div6 where ttg and modbury did and look where they are now.They should do the hard yards like we did at hope valley to climb the grades not be given a gold pass

If you stick Brighton in D6 you're handing them about 3 gold passes in the way of easy premierships.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't...
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby carey » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:00 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
TIRED TIGER wrote:

If you stick Brighton in D6 you're handing them about 3 gold passes in the way of easy premierships.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't...

100% agree.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby vics01 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:03 pm

The challenge to your mob is nowsuspensions in next 12 months with minimal to no red or yellow cards. Then re-apply. If the troublemakers are gone, this should be a piece of cake, no?

Flog.. You obviously have an axe to grind and NFI as to how the current Coach has worked to recruit young guys who want to play football.
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby TIRED TIGER » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:06 pm

So what Salisbury west are getting one this year.who cares.better teams than the Brighton fly by nighters have started in 6 and accepted the decision
TIRED TIGER
Reserves

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 46 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Yank Man » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:10 pm

vics01 wrote:

Flog.. You obviously have an axe to grind and NFI as to how the current Coach has worked to recruit young guys who want to play football.

I'm sure the current people are working hard to get it right, but hey, coaches come and go, more rapidly these days than not. New coaches bring bad players back in search of glory. Do it good for let's say 4 years and reapply I'm sure SAAFL would look at it more favourably then.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby marbles » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:12 pm

im agree with that bloke above that 8th place being relegated in unfair and is a direct consequence caused by the failure of para hills to stay on its feet. the div 4 clubs have been through enough as it is due to their fallout and now tidal waves are still occurring from their departure and are still hurting fellow clubs

on the other hand one could be ruthless and say well youve been below average in this higher grade this year, 8th place no glorious season, we have new major infrastructure to be built here for the long term excellence of the whole league and you and your 8th place need to get out the way

for your argument however, if para hills were still in this division and there were 10 teams, how do you think the league would be instead approaching the entrance of the new clubs. would 3 teams just be relegated anyway?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Yank Man » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:14 pm

TIRED TIGER wrote:So what Salisbury west are getting one this year.who cares.better teams than the Brighton fly by nighters have started in 6 and accepted the decision

Their situation is a lot different. You don't offer Brighton at least Div 3 you don't get them and believe me they will make our competition a lot stronger. ;)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby Yank Man » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:16 pm

marbles wrote:im agree with that bloke above that 8th place being relegated in unfair and is a direct consequence caused by the failure of para hills to stay on its feet. the div 4 clubs have been through enough as it is due to their fallout and now tidal waves are still occurring from their departure and are still hurting fellow clubs

on the other hand one could be ruthless and say well youve been below average in this higher grade this year, 8th place no glorious season, we have new major infrastructure to be built here for the long term excellence of the whole league and you and your 8th place need to get out the way

for your argument however, if para hills were still in this division and there were 10 teams, how do you think the league would be instead approaching the entrance of the new clubs. would 3 teams just be relegated anyway?

Hyperthetical, deal with facts. If my Aunty had..............
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby marbles » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:18 pm

Yank Man wrote:
marbles wrote:im agree with that bloke above that 8th place being relegated in unfair and is a direct consequence caused by the failure of para hills to stay on its feet. the div 4 clubs have been through enough as it is due to their fallout and now tidal waves are still occurring from their departure and are still hurting fellow clubs

Hyperthetical, deal with facts. If my Aunty had..............

If your aunty had said yes, id be your uncle!!!
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby carey » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:19 pm

Yank Man wrote:

Hyperthetical, deal with facts. If my Aunty had..............Carey's number she'd be very happy!

Lol
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Yank Man » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:33 pm

carey wrote:
Yank Man wrote:

Hyperthetical, deal with facts. If my Aunty had..............Carey's number she'd be very happy!

Lol

Hahaha, someone has better access than me, I didn't say that Carey, although probably true. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:38 pm

vics01 wrote:

The past success, or lack there of, is the best predictor of the future success. Half a season means little. Why should SAAFL perform "due diligence" when your past is in the forefront of everyone's mind.

Call me a flog if you well, but prove to the SAAFL the leopard has change his spots
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:55 pm

Yank Man wrote:
TIRED TIGER wrote:So what Salisbury west are getting one this year.who cares.better teams than the Brighton fly by nighters have started in 6 and accepted the decision

Their situation is a lot different. You don't offer Brighton at least Div 3 you don't get them and believe me they will make our competition a lot stronger. ;)

Spot on, you need to offer D3 to Brighton to get them in, and they will be an asset to the SAAFL, with the vote now 50% Id be pretty confident the vote will be just a formality.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby S Demon » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:44 am

2013 Mitchell Park finished 8th in Div 6 in a 9 team comp - remained in Div 6 in 2014
2015 Mitcham finish 8th in Div 3 in a 9 team comp - remained in Div 3 in 2016
2015 Brahma Lodge finished 8th in Div 6 in a 9 team comp - remained in Div 6 in 2016
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby jo172 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:04 am

It's a bit misleading to use D6 as an example S Demon, particularly given the state of D7 for at least a few years now. It's hardly been flush with sides capable of coming up.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby S Demon » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:10 am

jo172 wrote:It's a bit misleading to use D6 as an example S Demon, particularly given the state of D7 for at least a few years now. It's hardly been flush with sides capable of coming up.

I'm sure Ingle Farm, Smithfield, Houghton and Mitchell Park might disagree with your comment. I'll leave Angle Vale out as they are no longer with us
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:17 am

jo172 wrote:It's a bit misleading to use D6 as an example S Demon, particularly given the state of D7 for at least a few years now. It's hardly been flush with sides capable of coming up.

and no teams came into the comp.

Hopefully we can get a couple of wins out of the last 3 games and we won't have to worry about it.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League