7%
West Croydon
32%
Woodville South
14%

Total votes : 91

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Postby Half Back Flanker » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:49 pm

carey wrote:I see the great man snuck in a like in a few posts back. I actually feel better about myself.

Thought I'd only see him in the confidential pages of the Sunday Mail!

Didn't think he'll still associate with us normal folk! ;)

The "Great Man" is so much an enigma these days mate, I'm not sure that I can remember what he looks like???
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 429 times
Been liked: 167 times

Postby TIRED TIGER » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:21 pm

morell wrote:Yeah, and Brighton would smash West Croyden by 30 goals.

if Brighton were to come into Div6 would they have the same team.im sure sfl teams would try to recruit off them and some players wouldn't want to play lower grade amateurs.see how badly they want to come into our comp by starting them low
TIRED TIGER
Reserves

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 46 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby jo172 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:40 pm

TIRED TIGER wrote:

if Brighton were to come into Div6 would they have the same team.im sure sfl teams would try to recruit off them and some players wouldn't want to play lower grade amateurs.see how badly they want to come into our comp by starting them low

Why would we weaken a club whose attractiveness toour league is their strength?

Given the debacle of sides not wanting to go into D3 over the last lustrum having a strong club capable and willing to go to D3 is a God send
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby marbles » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:58 pm

TIRED TIGER wrote:

Brighton might smash athelstone by 20 :D
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Yank Man » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:02 pm

jo172 wrote:
TIRED TIGER wrote:

Why would we weaken a club whose attractiveness toour league is their strength?

Given the debacle of sides not wanting to go into D3 over the last lustrum having a strong club capable and willing to go to D3 is a God send

Spot on jo172. I'm glad someone else gets it. Thought I might have been the lone soldier. Brighton are a great club and will bring with them strength, discipline, professionalism and will earn the respect of all clubs in SAAFL very quickly. ;)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:24 pm

Yes and when it comes to the club as a whole there wouldn't be too many stronger clubs in the state. So if they did come in to a comp say div 6 they would still be incredibly strong and demolish teams for their first 3 years of competition. They wouldn't lose a game in their A's and B's for the best part of 3-4 years and that includes if people left.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Yank Man » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:02 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Yes and when it comes to the club as a whole there wouldn't be too many stronger clubs in the state. So if they did come in to a comp say div 6 they would still be incredibly strong and demolish teams for their first 3 years of competition. They wouldn't lose a game in their A's and B's for the best part of 3-4 years and that includes if people left.

No doubt LK, Div 3 is a great fit for them and they will work up the ladder in due time, the reality is this comp needs them and what they bring. We can all learn from what they do, even down to Div 6. ;)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby whufc » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:37 pm

There was only going to be some clubs disappointed with the relegation promotion decision due to a new club coming in

But the SAAFL has to make the best long decision for the league and accepting these sides is definitely in their best interests

All clubs were never going to be kept happy even if Brighton started in div7 the other div7 clubs would have a right to be annoyed as they would virtually be playing for runners up at best next season so you would have 7-8 annoyed clubs there.

History seems to suggest they got the grading with Edwardstown pretty spot on so they have credit in the bank to go through the same process again.

I've always found promotion as runners up to be a tad bitter sweet anyway but that's just a personal opinion
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby old farmer » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:42 pm

jo172 wrote:So as a D6 Club you'd prefer to be pounded by Brighton and Morphy Parks in 2017 or 18 essentially playing the season for third place?

As much as our B Grade Coach refers to regrouping in 2017 and pushing for D5, the rest of the club still believe we are a chance to go to Div 5 this year, whether that is 1 team or 2 getting promoted, therefore being 2 grades above them in div 7. And by the time we meet them, hopefully it would be in div 3 or 4. Yes Brighton might have to have a couple of easy years, but i don't think MP will go above 5 or 6 really. Edwardstown aren't exactly setting the world on fire in 4.
Anyway, my point was , why do the loyal clubs suffer for SFL clubs that want to jump ship. If we offer div 7 to Brighton, hopefully they stay where they are.
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Robb_Stark » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:57 pm

Ingle Farm are not on the same level as woodville south and west croydon both of them play a style of football none of the other clubs play they both actually control thee switch of play the corridor

compared to brahma lodge and ingle farm who play one side of the oval and never look to switch up
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:13 pm

old farmer wrote:As much as our B Grade Coach refers to regrouping in 2017 and pushing for D5, the rest of the club still believe we are a chance to go to Div 5 this year

LOL settle down tiger, my comment was in reply to morell's comment based around the possibilities for ALL clubs in D6 for 2017 if Brighton came into D7 lol :lol:

morell wrote:Either miss out on promotion this year after making a Grand Final or get steamrolled by Brighton next year and miss out again + a flag.

*Edit* - a lot of football left in this year, if I didn't think Ingle Farm were a potential chance then there would be no point in continuing on this year - I should know as well as anyone come finals anything can happen - look at the B grade last year :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:23 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:Ingle Farm are not on the same level as woodville south and west croydon both of them play a style of football none of the other clubs play they both actually control thee switch of play the corridor

compared to brahma lodge and ingle farm who play one side of the oval and never look to switch up

Help me out Robb. I'm going out to watch Brahma Lodge play Ingle Farm tomorrow. Which side of the ground should I stand on?
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby hulkamania » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:04 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:Ingle Farm are not on the same level as woodville south and west croydon both of them play a style of football none of the other clubs play they both actually control thee switch of play the corridor

Help me out Robb. I'm going out to watch Brahma Lodge play Ingle Farm tomorrow. Which side of the ground should I stand on?

the one where the footy is
hulkamania
Rookie

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Arch44 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:06 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

If you are lucky it wont matter and it will be like circle work ;)
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby morell » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:17 pm

old farmer wrote:
jo172 wrote:So as a D6 Club you'd prefer to be pounded by Brighton and Morphy Parks in 2017 or 18 essentially playing the season for third place?

As much as our B Grade Coach refers to regrouping in 2017 and pushing for D5, the rest of the club still believe we are a chance to go to Div 5 this year, whether that is 1 team or 2 getting promoted, therefore being 2 grades above them in div 7. And by the time we meet them, hopefully it would be in div 3 or 4. Yes Brighton might have to have a couple of easy years, but i don't think MP will go above 5 or 6 really. Edwardstown aren't exactly setting the world on fire in 4.
Anyway, my point was , why do the loyal clubs suffer for SFL clubs that want to jump ship. If we offer div 7 to Brighton, hopefully they stay where they are.

FFS

Brighton >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Edwardstown
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:28 pm

brighton is a 15 goal better side than Edwardstown. And I am being generous to townies. And would smash any D7/6 side by 30+ goals every week and again I am being generous again
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:42 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:brighton is a 15 goal better side than Edwardstown. And I am being generous to townies. And would smash and D7/6 side by 30+ goals every week and again I am being generous again

You mean their B-Grade, no? I believe Hackham have accounted for Div7 sides in trials easily over the past few years. The top SFL are beating Hackham by over 30 goals this year and have done so, for over a decade.
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:02 pm

Esteban Vihaio wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:brighton is a 15 goal better side than Edwardstown. And I am being generous to townies. And would smash and D7/6 side by 30+ goals every week and again I am being generous again

You mean their B-Grade, no? I believe Hackham have accounted for Div7 sides in trials easily over the past few years. The top SFL are beating Hackham by over 30 goals this year and have done so, for over a decade.

I meant their A grade.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby marbles » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:25 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
Esteban Vihaio wrote:

I meant their A grade.

:shock: ahh yep

Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (47.2 KiB) Viewed 2151 times
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby marbles » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:18 am

Am enjoying watching the battle between 5th place down to 9th place in this division any team could finish anywhere

Poor mitchell park gotta play top 2 sides and bottom side in last 3 rounds

Houghton great win over mawsons today

The 4 teams excluding MP all play each other over next 2 rounds will be a photo finish by seasons ends
marbles
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League