New Clubs for 2017

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: New Clubs for 2017

Postby S Demon » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:38 pm

Trader wrote:S Demon, I understand your frustrations, but don't the rules and regulations say you should go down?

37 PROMOTION AND RELEGATION
37.1 Subject to Clauses 37.4 and 37.5 herein the Member Clubs occupying the lowest two positions on the premiership table in the Divisions with a reserve Division (except the lowest Division of The League and the lowest Division of The League with a reserve Division) at the end of the minor round of matches in each Division, not being a reserve Division, shall be relegated to the Division below their current Division in the following season.

It does not say 9th and 10th.
Given you are in a 9 team comp, sitting 8th earns you relegation.

A few things that also need to be considered here. Yes, you are quite correct with what the rules clearly state.

However, the last 3 times there has been a 9 team comp, the 8th placed club has remained in the same division.

The same rules and regulations also state that unless a club chooses not to go up, the 2 Grand Finalists will be promoted the following year.

Whilst I understand the rules, they have not been applied on several occasions since 2013 and if you're using them to argue that HV should be relegated, then you need to also use them to argue that the Div 4/5/6 Grand Finalists should be promoted. Right now, we can't really refer to them because they are only being followed in one instance, which is for relegation..
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby cracka » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:18 pm

cracka wrote:
Cheese Twisties wrote:A few pages back someone mentioned something about the old "SAAFL North and South" divisions.

Could SAAFL do north & south divs from div 4 down. So have something like
Div 1
Div 2
Div 3
Div 3 Sth
Div 3 Nth
Div 4 Sth
Div 4 Nth
Just a thought.

Whoops did that wrong, should have been
Div 1
Div 2
Div 3
Div 4 Sth
Div 4 Nth
Div 5 Sth
Div 5 Nth
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby jo172 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:23 pm

I've always thought the South/North system discriminates against Central clubs :p
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:08 pm

jo172 wrote:I've always thought the South/North system discriminates against Central clubs :p

Too true in 1995 & 96 we were in the A5 North and in 97 in the D8 South it was a complete Joke.

In 95 we copped 3 strong CDFA clubs coming in A Grade against C Grade we got flogged only won 2 games for the season & the D Grade managed to win the flag. A5 South was mainly made up of C & D Grade teams
Remained in the same Grade the following season which was mostly made up of C & D Grade teams and won the flag in both comps.

No Point bringing brighton into the comp at D6 level it achieves nothing for them or the comp.

All teams that have started in D6 since in 84 were correctly placed except for TTG, Modbury, West Lakes, Walkerville & Hectorville (Norwood Districts)
All the rest were new clubs that have either since folded or have gone no higher than D4 at best.
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby old farmer » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:16 pm

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:
jo172 wrote:I've always thought the South/North system discriminates against Central clubs :p

Too true in 1995 & 96 we were in the A5 North and in 97 in the D8 South it was a complete Joke.

In 95 we copped 3 strong CDFA clubs coming in A Grade against C Grade we got flogged only won 2 games for the season & the D Grade managed to win the flag. A5 South was mainly made up of C & D Grade teams
Remained in the same Grade the following season which was mostly made up of C & D Grade teams and won the flag in both comps.

No Point bringing brighton into the comp at D6 level it achieves nothing for them or the comp.

All teams that have started in D6 since in 84 were correctly placed except for TTG, Modbury, West Lakes, Walkerville & Hectorville (Norwood Districts)
All the rest were new clubs that have either since folded or have gone no higher than D4 at best.

Easy to say from a club in Div 3 or higher. It doesn't effect you where they come in. Us lower clubs suffer to accommodate 2 SFL teams. Absolute crap.
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:29 pm

So you want Brighton to beat the Living Suitcase out of you is that what you are saying.

Have been thru it twice now 1988 & 1995 IT IS NOT FUN BEEN BELTED BY A CLUB THAT SHOULD BE PLACED IN A HIGHER GRADE TWICE A SEASON

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Postby Q. » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:32 pm

More recently, BOS should never have been put in D7 when they started too
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby jo172 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:36 pm

I also reiterate missing out on promotion/being relegated over the course of one season isn't the end of the world.

If it is incredibly unjust it means you've situated yourself very well for a flag in 2017.

It didn't feel like it at the time, but our successive relegations in 2010 and 2011, and narrowly missing out on promotion in 2012 were a godsend in hindsight.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Demon Juke » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:27 pm

[quote="LaughingKookaburra"]Div 3 is the right call imo. I know Hope Valley are dirty and I canunderstand to a degree. But as I mentioned previously if you win 3 games of footy for the year.....you probably should go down a grade. Even 4 games see's you going down 90% of the time. I know the argument would be that if PH came in........ far more times than not the premier from the div below will come up and win at least 6 games, PH example is an extreme one. Without getting emotions involved, I think if Valleys win at least 2 of their last 3 they will deserve to stay up, but lose 2 or all 3 then probably should go down.[/quote

League had no power to Remove Para Hills and leave Hectorville in div 4 ( even blind freddy new that they had no numbers) but now they can make all these changes that effect a lot of clubs, A pity they did act at the start of the season to fix the problems. Then if we had finished 9th or 10th we go down a div because that what we deserve. A think the clubs stuffed up giving the executive the power to do this, maybe they need to vote to give the power back to the clubs to run the league if their interest. Also if Brighton are so good just put them straight in div 2 and stuff up :roll: even more teams.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:36 pm

Demon Juke wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Div 3 is the right call imo. I know Hope Valley are dirty and I canunderstand to a degree. But as I mentioned previously if you win 3 games of footy for the year.....you probably should go down a grade. Even 4 games see's you going down 90% of the time. I know the argument would be that if PH came in........ far more times than not the premier from the div below will come up and win at least 6 games, PH example is an extreme one. Without getting emotions involved, I think if Valleys win at least 2 of their last 3 they will deserve to stay up, but lose 2 or all 3 then probably should go down.[/quote

League had no power to Remove Para Hills and leave Hectorville in div 4 ( even blind freddy new that they had no numbers) but now they can make all these changes that effect a lot of clubs, A pity they did act at the start of the season to fix the problems. Then if we had finished 9th or 10th we go down a div because that what we deserve. A think the clubs stuffed up giving the executive the power to do this, maybe they need to vote to give the power back to the clubs to run the league if their interest. Also if Brighton are so good just put them straight in div 2 and stuff up :roll: even more teams.

it clubs have the power to add and remove power, by definition, clubs run the league
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby heater31 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:38 pm

Demon Juke wrote:League had no power to Remove Para Hills and leave Hectorville in div 4 ( even blind freddy new that they had no numbers) but now they can make all these changes that effect a lot of clubs, A pity they did act at the start of the season to fix the problems. Then if we had finished 9th or 10th we go down a div because that what we deserve. A think the clubs stuffed up giving the executive the power to do this, maybe they need to vote to give the power back to the clubs to run the league if their interest. Also if Brighton are so good just put them straight in div 2 and stuff up :roll: even more teams.

Para Hills accepted the promotion.......they could have done a Salisbury and decline! They led the league to believe that they would be fine, only when it was too late did they own up and admit they weren't going to fulfil their obligations.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby jo172 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:16 pm

The second year you're in season what division you're in is just a number. Lot of panties being twisted over very little. I've found all divisions are essentially as much fun, with the lower tending to get better crowds (possibly due to the Old Colls factor)
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby wonder_kid » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:24 pm

Brighton should be in div 3 to start with they would win by 50 goals in div 7 noone wants that. .. im sure a club will not want to go to div 3 again and there won't be a problem!
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby marbles » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:41 pm

yea once the trial games begin in march no one will give a shit about the 2 new teams therell be some other chaos going on that we'll all be whinging about.
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:01 am

jo172 wrote:The second year you're in season what division you're in is just a number. Lot of panties being twisted over very little. I've found all divisions are essentially as much fun, with the lower tending to get better crowds (possibly due to the Old Colls factor)

Are you saying OC sides have good crowds in lower divisions?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:16 am

jo172 wrote:The second year you're in season what division you're in is just a number. Lot of panties being twisted over very little. I've found all divisions are essentially as much fun, with the lower tending to get better crowds (possibly due to the Old Colls factor)

Only when they play each other. Seldom travel to district clubs poor crowd pullers

FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Postby Dragons » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:43 am

wonder_kid wrote:Brighton should be in div 3 to start with they would win by 50 goals in div 7 noone wants that. .. im sure a club will not want to go to div 3 again and there won't be a problem!

We want to go up!!!
Dragons
Rookie

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby heater31 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:20 am

Dragons wrote:
wonder_kid wrote:Brighton should be in div 3 to start with they would win by 50 goals in div 7 noone wants that. .. im sure a club will not want to go to div 3 again and there won't be a problem!

We want to go up!!!

Win the flag then there is no issue ;)
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:30 pm

Would a division 3 team draw with a division 4 team?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:49 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:Would a division 3 team draw with a division 4 team?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Only if the div four team has home ground advantage at the pastie. A win against the bushpigs at home and a draw today makes me think they would be higher on the ladder than seventh if they played every week on an odd shaped primary school sized oval
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League