Port Adelaide 2016

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:06 pm

Booney wrote:Loves his Port crowd trolling more than he loves his Doggies by the looks of it.

Booney logic, if he doesnt agree with someone they must be trolling. I wouldve thought UK Fan's post was 100% factual
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:10 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Booney wrote:Loves his Port crowd trolling more than he loves his Doggies by the looks of it.

Booney logic, if he doesnt agree with someone they must be trolling. I wouldve thought UK Fan's post was 100% factual

Not so mate, I'm happy to debate topics and people have differing opinions makes this site good value, but the bloke contributes nothing to the site other than shit canning Port crowds and on a wet Sunday at 4pm against GWS he threw a dart that hit the board. What a champion. :roll:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby UK Fan » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:20 pm

daysofourlives wrote:

That's how he rolls.

Obsessed call will be next.

Not my fault I predicted this months ago whilst the others denied it.

looking forward to the Melbourne game. :-)
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:38 pm

Don't take the spotlight on how shit Port were yesterday UK....
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:44 pm

:lol:

Not often I hit "Display this post" to see what you've written.

So, you're telling me, you predicted smaller crowds in the depths of winter for a team not heading to finals?

=D> =D> =D>

Bravo, and may I add, very, very clever thinking. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:49 pm

Dutchy wrote:Don't take the spotlight on how shit Port were yesterday UK....

Off* I guess.

Yes, we were, had nothing up front that posed any sort of on going threat to the Giants and as Sheik noted when the wind dropped and it became easier to move the ball by foot the Giants took control. 2nd vs 10th so it was and so it seemed.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:19 pm

This is not a shot at Port supporters, it's just something I noticed in yesterday's game.
Heath Shaw was slammed into the fence by Boak (?) in the second quarter as a behind was kicked - I reckon it was a situation that could've been avoided, I could be wrong, but to me there was an extra shove.
Two points of interest for me:

1) I really hate seeing supporters rising up out of their chairs to forcefully abuse a player. It's rubbish and happens at all games - front-seat heroes. Yesterday, Heater didn't even react - which was fantastic, I'd hate to think how he'd have reacted in his dark days at Collingwood - but there's a potential for something serious to happen.

2) As fellow professionals, don't opponents have a responsibility to ensure the player isn't put into that position? Slamming a player against the fence, where physical damage can occur, and in a position where a spectator can harass them is not looking after a fellow professional. Apparently it also happened to a Port player during the game as well. I know it can happen accidentally, but players are expected to look after each other's welfare these days, hence the changing interpretation of high tackles, and I think this sort of situation falls into that category of personal responsibility.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby UK Fan » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:26 pm

Booney wrote::lol:

Not often I hit "Display this post" to see what you've written ie 27k on the weekend.

So, you're telling me, you predicted smaller crowds in the depths of winter for a team not heading to finals?

=D> =D> =D>

Bravo, and may I add, very, very clever thinking. :lol:

Not smaller crowds.

I predicted sub 30000 crowds for port this season.

I thought Adelaide oval was going to solve all of this crowd problem cos AAMI was a crows stadium.:-)

Looks like no matter the stadium port fans don't rock up unless port are looking to make finals, on a nice day weather wise. I'm very Surprised!!!!

It appears it Wasn't just port footballers who were shit on the weekend Dutchy.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:35 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:This is not a shot at Port supporters, it's just something I noticed in yesterday's game.
Heath Shaw was slammed into the fence by Boak (?) in the second quarter as a behind was kicked - I reckon it was a situation that could've been avoided, I could be wrong, but to me there was an extra shove.
Two points of interest for me:

1) I really hate seeing supporters rising up out of their chairs to forcefully abuse a player. It's rubbish and happens at all games - front-seat heroes. Yesterday, Heater didn't even react - which was fantastic, I'd hate to think how he'd have reacted in his dark days at Collingwood - but there's a potential for something serious to happen.

2) As fellow professionals, don't opponents have a responsibility to ensure the player isn't put into that position? Slamming a player against the fence, where physical damage can occur, and in a position where a spectator can harass them is not looking after a fellow professional. Apparently it also happened to a Port player during the game as well. I know it can happen accidentally, but players are expected to look after each other's welfare these days, hence the changing interpretation of high tackles, and I think this sort of situation falls into that category of personal responsibility.

1) Totally agree, pie consumers going ape droppings at an opposition player because "they've paid for their seat" is a bad, bad look. When they rise out of their seat, point fingers, scream and spit said pie at players. Not a good look.

2) Don't recall the incident that you noted with Shaw but I do recall the one you mention where Ah Chee got shoved into the fence. Wet, slippery day and a fine line between showing some intent to pressure the player and sending him into the fence. I think the Ah Chee one had no malice in it, it was a pressure act on the boundary and it was just a little too much force at just the wrong moment.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:04 pm

Gets on here in between wanks.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:36 pm

So its post mortem time again.
Who will be the final piece of the jigsaw puzzle next year? Is it the second coming of the first piece of the final piece of the jigsaw puzzle? Or will it be the second piece of the final piece of the jigsaw puzzle that is now settled into Adelaide? Or will there be a completely new and 3rd piece of the final piece of the jigsaw puzzle.
Or will it be something far simpler like a game plan that works and 22 blokes that leave their ego at home and work together to play finals. Adelaide lost their so called "final piece" this year and are better for it. Hawks lost their best player for the 2nd time in 3 years and are better for it. Perhaps Port should look at offloading a piece rather than adding one.
Getting someone from Hawthorn in the coaching box wouldnt hurt either
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:42 pm

daysofourlives wrote:So its post mortem time again.
Who will be the final piece of the jigsaw puzzle next year? Is it the second coming of the first piece of the final piece of the jigsaw puzzle? Or will it be the second piece of the final piece of the jigsaw puzzle that is now settled into Adelaide? Or will there be a completely new and 3rd piece of the final piece of the jigsaw puzzle.
Or will it be something far simpler like a game plan that works and 22 blokes that leave their ego at home and work together to play finals. Adelaide lost their so called "final piece" this year and are better for it. Hawks lost their best player for the 2nd time in 3 years and are better for it. Perhaps Port should look at offloading a piece rather than adding one.

Getting someone from Port worked ok for you blokes. Swings and roundabouts.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:50 pm

Booney wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:So its post mortem time again.

Getting someone from Port worked ok for you blokes. Swings and roundabouts.

Pretty sure he came from Centrals, well thats where he learnt everything
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:33 pm

Is that finals two years out if the last 8 I heard?
Have they lost touch with their supposed Port Adelaide spirit? I heard on a recent match there was more Victorians than South Aussie's in the side.
A renaming to Port Victoria perhaps?
We're they wounded irreparably in 2007?
Can China save them?
I can't see them going anywhere but backwards and with the novelty of Adelaide Oval wearing off it could be dangerous times?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:43 pm

Wedgie, UK and daisy working the boat all on the same day. :lol:

PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:00 pm

I think Diss's server is struggling enough with this one! Some genuine queries though.
When it comes to respect only Ebert and perhaps an in form Boak achieve it from me.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Fluffbag » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:20 pm

I would not pass judgement on Port until they have a preseason that is not affected by the Essendon stuff. Really hard to come up with the right structures when players are not available for preseason games or for the whole year. I never played the game but players talk about how important the preseason is, especially when bringing in key position players into the club.
Fluffbag
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 48 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Ruben Carter » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:18 pm

Fluffbag wrote:I would not pass judgement on Port until they have a preseason that is not affected by the Essendon stuff. Really hard to come up with the right structures when players are not available for preseason games or for the whole year. I never played the game but players talk about how important the preseason is, especially when bringing in key position players into the club.

Finally, a non Port supporter on here that actually has a balanced view and sensible opinion. Well said!
If you don’t like my words, don’t listen. If you don’t like my appearance, don’t look. If you don’t like my actions, turn your head; It’s as simple as that.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 75 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby Jase » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:48 pm

Ruben Carter wrote:
Fluffbag wrote:I would not pass judgement on Port until they have a preseason that is not affected by the Essendon stuff. Really hard to come up with the right structures when players are not available for preseason games or for the whole year. I never played the game but players talk about how important the preseason is, especially when bringing in key position players into the club.

Finally, a non Port supporter on here that actually has a balanced view and sensible opinion. Well said!

Fair enough there. But there must be some sort of backup plan that is put in place incase a key member of the team gets injured or suspended for the season ...

You cant just assume that Ryder would be available all year, especially with what did happen with him always being a possibility.

If the Power didnt plan appropriately then questions must be asked...

Not having a crack just an observation...
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby Spargo » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:27 pm

Players not available?
Monfries wasn't getting a game regardless (and may not be re-signed?) so that leaves Ryder. A big out, no doubt.
But it's only 1 player. Yes, they've had injuries but this mob IMO is mentally weak. They just drift in & out of so many games.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL