Re: Drugs, umps and other ammo's news

Postby thejuddernaught » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:52 am

human_torpedo wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
marbles wrote:"They" didnt do it

"They" only posed for a photo of the boys having fun at the pub

1 person uploaded it to fb

1 person wrote the words f u to the league

Do u reckon they all sat around first saying lets all pose and give a big f u photo to league. Most such as the coach would certainly not have participated

Was it posted on rosewater fc fb wall?

1 kids actions again and whole club is being burnt to the ground again

Its not one kids action, if he had posted the photo without all of them holding the finger up you could put the blame on one person, but them all flipping the bird confirms that they all knew what was happening and they were all compliant in it. Stupid and you can't defend it.

Stupid indeed.. But if that's the lead story on the news then Christ almighty it must have been a slow news day..

But, those present in the photo haven't been suspended or found guilty of any offence yet are stuck unable to play footy because of the actions of a few. They have been punished without individually having done anything wrong. One bloke posts the silly photo and whether they all knew he would a.) Post it and b.) Add that caption, is open to speculation. I doubt Ricky would have sanctioned it had he knew he would caption it like that.

*I don't know 2 of the people in the photo, so one of them could be a bloke who got suspended this season, but I can account for the rest of them*

Unfair on the blokes that do the right thing week in week out. You'd be disappointed being suspended so close to finals and they had beaten everyone above them on the ladder as well. But if the league thinks enough is enough then there's not a great deal you can do about it and posting a photo like that aimed at the league is just dumb.
thejuddernaught
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Southern Eagles

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:54 am

I've gotta be honest, I've been surprised by the amount of coverage received by both Roewater and Elizabeth in this whole process.
It's been a bit OTT.
My understanding is that Channel 7 is heavily targeting the northern suburbs in regards to coverage, as Nine's ratings were higher there than Seven's - that might explain the coverage Elizabeth received.
As far as their negative focus on Rosies, I've noticed that Seven will often run stories about SAAFL footy when there's a negative. Could it have something to do with Nine being the sponsor of the league?
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:59 am

Dogwatcher wrote:I've gotta be honest, I've been surprised by the amount of coverage received by both Roewater and Elizabeth in this whole process.
It's been a bit OTT.
My understanding is that Channel 7 is heavily targeting the northern suburbs in regards to coverage, as Nine's ratings were higher there than Seven's - that might explain the coverage Elizabeth received.
As far as their negative focus on Rosies, I've noticed that Seven will often run stories about SAAFL footy when there's a negative. Could it have something to do with Nine being the sponsor of the league?

id say they measure the social media impact/clicks on these stories and base it on that, It gets traction so they lead with it. Also its an easy story on a Sunday when presumably they don;t have the number of reporters on the ground as they do during the week.

Media will only report something if it is news worthy, so simply don't give them content!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2325 times
Been liked: 3505 times

Postby retired60 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:39 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:I've gotta be honest, I've been surprised by the amount of coverage received by both Roewater and Elizabeth in this whole process.
It's been a bit OTT.

id say they measure the social media impact/clicks on these stories and base it on that, It gets traction so they lead with it. Also its an easy story on a Sunday when presumably they don;t have the number of reporters on the ground as they do during the week.

Media will only report something if it is news worthy, so simply don't give them content!

I reckon you have hit the nail on the head. Its all about who belongs to who.
retired60

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Dols » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:11 pm

Query - if Rosewater and the players have been deregistered by the league (press release from the league), then how can the league demand any explanation from them or punish any of the players?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby heater31 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:12 pm

Dols wrote:Query - if Rosewater and the players have been deregistered by the league (press release from the league), then how can the league demand any explanation from them or punish any of the players?

It would affect the registration for 2017. why would you let them back in when not less than 7 days kicking them out the previous season carrying on like absolute melons....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Dols » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:14 pm

heater31 wrote:
Dols wrote:Query - if Rosewater and the players have been deregistered by the league (press release from the league), then how can the league demand any explanation from them or punish any of the players?

It would affect the registration for 2017. why would you let them back in when not less than 7 days kicking them out the previous season carrying on like absolute melons....
agree but the league saying they have demanded an explanation, they aren't entitled to anything, they deregistered them.

Dols
Reserves

Postby The Big Shrek » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:19 pm

heater31 wrote:

Because banning them for 2017 would be entirely disproportionate
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:21 pm

Dols wrote:
heater31 wrote:

agree but the league saying they have demanded an explanation, they aren't entitled to anything, they deregistered them.

Because the club is likely to see to re-register and the SAAFL would like all the information about the situation so they can determine if it requires extra attention when they put together the conditions upon their return. Makes sense to me.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Dols » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:21 pm

The Big Shrek wrote:
heater31 wrote:

cant believe I agree with a solicitor

Dols
Reserves

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:24 pm

THEY'RE NOT FECKING DE-REGISTERED!

THEY'RE SUSPENDED

Get it right people! :?
Attachments
suspended.PNG
suspended.PNG (31.12 KiB) Viewed 1715 times
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby MW » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:50 pm

Give it time, they will end up deregistered.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2609 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby Cash 123 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:06 pm

It's the vibe, it's the constitution, it's Mabo
Cash 123
Under 18s

Been liked: 22 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:10 pm

Cash 123 wrote:It's the vibe, it's the constitution, it's Mabo

This made me LOL :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby am Bays » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:23 pm

Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:54 pm

Dols wrote:
The Big Shrek wrote:
heater31 wrote:

cant believe I agree with a solicitor

You can be very sensible when you're not drinking.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby Trader » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:45 pm

Footy Chick wrote:THEY'RE NOT FECKING DE-REGISTERED!

THEY'RE SUSPENDED

Does this count as three games for each player out of their 12 to reach deregistration?
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:56 pm

Trader wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:THEY'RE NOT FECKING DE-REGISTERED!

THEY'RE SUSPENDED

Does this count as three games for each player out of their 12 to reach deregistration?

Wouldn't think so - the club is suspended, not the players.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4001 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:30 am

thejuddernaught wrote:The bar has been set now by the SAAFL. It'd be interesting to see what sort of punishment is handed out if a Division 1 club player were to strike an umpire?

Depends which club, no doubt the suspension to the player would be same/similar - however I couldn't imagine them deregistering any of the College Bloc.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby thejuddernaught » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:40 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:
thejuddernaught wrote:The bar has been set now by the SAAFL. It'd be interesting to see what sort of punishment is handed out if a Division 1 club player were to strike an umpire?

Depends which club, no doubt the suspension to the player would be same/similar - however I couldn't imagine them deregistering any of the College Bloc.

I agree with you but it shouldn't matter which club it is. I understand that the Rumbelow incident was the "last straw" in a series of reports, but if a College side for example Prince Alfred Old Collegians , Division 1, a player were to strike an umpire, it'd be very interesting to see what sanction would be given.
thejuddernaught
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Southern Eagles

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League