32%
Woodville South
14%

Total votes : 91

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Postby lovetotalkfooty » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:04 pm

zedman wrote:
Zartan wrote:
zedman wrote:i heard you ate two of them zartan?

Heard Bellman did it every week and he was a dominant ruckman, so thought it might make me more like Bellman 8)

i can attest to the size of the bellman and yes you would become more rotund mate!..he never jumped though..just stood and delivered.. :)

Brahma have a another ruckman that dosent mind a fat boy or 2. A lot like bellman, he can't jump either.
Check out the Brahma Lodge Football Club website at www.blfc.com.au
lovetotalkfooty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:18 pm

Playing ruck these days, are we? 8)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1742 times
Been liked: 2153 times

Postby lovetotalkfooty » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:40 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Playing ruck these days, are we? 8)

I would invite you out to have a look but am away the next two weeks in Japan watching my son play baseball
lovetotalkfooty
League Bench Warmer

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:27 pm

Who was number 43 for Brahma Lodge A Grade on Saturday?
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:29 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Who was number 43 for Brahma Lodge A Grade on Saturday?

Joss Den Engelse
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4035 times

Postby Yank Man » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:05 pm

Zartan wrote:

Joss Den Engelse

Very interested why you would ask a direct question like that Senor Moto Gadili with no follow through. Must be something on your mind. :lol:
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 322 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:55 pm

Is it because he wasn't listed on SportingPulse?
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 747 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:48 pm

Yank Man wrote:
Zartan wrote:

Joss Den Engelse

Very interested why you would ask a direct question like that Senor Moto Gadili with no follow through. Must be something on your mind. :lol:

Nothing sinister. I watched the game and thought the difference between the two teams came down to two players. Brooks who dominated in the midfield and must have had at least 20 entries inside 50 and no. 43 who I now know as Joss Deneglese who ran the ball out of defence as many times and hardly wasted a possession. When I checked the best players Brooks was named best....and rightly so, but no. 43 missed out. Well played anyway.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby old fullback » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:55 pm

Zartan, will Ingle Farm get their best team on the park this season at some stage, been waiting all year for it..
old fullback
Under 18s

Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:56 pm

old fullback wrote:Zartan, will Ingle Farm get their best team on the park this season at some stage, been waiting all year for it..

I bloody hope so!

Maybe 1st final lol
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:59 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Nothing sinister. I watched the game and thought the difference between the two teams came down to two players. Brooks who dominated in the midfield and must have had at least 20 entries inside 50 and no. 43 who I now know as Joss Deneglese who ran the ball out of defence as many times and hardly wasted a possession. When I checked the best players Brooks was named best....and rightly so, but no. 43 missed out. Well played anyway.

Agreed, Joss carved up the Farmers off a back flank, used the ball superbly and Brahma looked for him quite regularly to start their transition forward.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby lovetotalkfooty » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:01 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Yank Man wrote:
Zartan wrote:

Joss Den Engelse

Nothing sinister. I watched the game and thought the difference between the two teams came down to two players. Brooks who dominated in the midfield and must have had at least 20 entries inside 50 and no. 43 who I now know as Joss Deneglese who ran the ball out of defence as many times and hardly wasted a possession. When I checked the best players Brooks was named best....and rightly so, but no. 43 missed out. Well played anyway.

Would be interested in what you thought of the game? Strengths / weekness etc. How close either side can get to the top 2
lovetotalkfooty
League Bench Warmer

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:17 pm

Zartan wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Nothing sinister. I watched the game and thought the difference between the two teams came down to two players. Brooks who dominated in the midfield and must have had at least 20 entries inside 50 and no. 43 who I now know as Joss Deneglese who ran the ball out of defence as many times and hardly wasted a possession. When I checked the best players Brooks was named best....and rightly so, but no. 43 missed out. Well played anyway.

Agreed, Joss carved up the Farmers off a back flank, used the ball superbly and Brahma looked for him quite regularly to start their transition forward.

They looked for him because didn't have an opponent for most of the game. Considering I only saw a couple of players who could use the ball well and he was one, I'm surprised he was allowed to run free so often.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Yank Man » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:50 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Zartan wrote:

They looked for him because didn't have an opponent for most of the game. Considering I only saw a couple of players who could use the ball well and he was one, I'm surprised he was allowed to run free so often.

He is their coach and although he is not a young man anymore he has vast experience at Div 1 level and is the master of being the free one in the back half. Frankly Brahma Lodge have become a much better team since he has been playing. It's freed Brooks up to be creative forward and kick goals and taken some pressure off Steele who cops a tag most weeks. As such he would be very unlikely to put himself in the best players. He's just playing his role and is also very well served by a strong contingent on the bench that helps him to focus on the on field set ups. I expect them to go very deep in to finals. ;)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 322 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:54 pm

Wasnt overly impressed by the standard but havent seen much div 6 footy this year. Thought Brahma had control of the game all day and should have won by more. Their ruckman dominated and gave his team first use all day. I think Brahma's best 5 or 6 players are not far off the best 5 or 6 at West Croydon or Woody South, but the issue may be their depth. We will find out this Saturday I guess. Farmers need a ruckman and bit more midfield grunt. Also confused on how they use Lynch. Gets plenty of it, but consistently bombing long to areas where the opposition out number you is just dumb.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby beef » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:08 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Wasnt overly impressed by the standard but havent seen much div 6 footy this year. Thought Brahma had control of the game all day and should have won by more. Their ruckman dominated and gave his team first use all day. I think Brahma's best 5 or 6 players are not far off the best 5 or 6 at West Croydon or Woody South, but the issue may be their depth. We will find out this Saturday I guess. Farmers need a ruckman and bit more midfield grunt. Also confused on how they use Lynch. Gets plenty of it, but consistently bombing long to areas where the opposition out number you is just dumb.

Totally agree with that comment. Saw my first div 6 game of the year and i thought it was a terrible game. Hardly anyone could hit a target and other than the top 2/3 players on each side the others looked like C graders, amateur footy is in big trouble if some blokes were putting their hands out to be paid after that.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 255 times

Postby Computer Crashed » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:36 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Wasnt overly impressed by the standard but havent seen much div 6 footy this year. Thought Brahma had control of the game all day and should have won by more. Their ruckman dominated and gave his team first use all day. I think Brahma's best 5 or 6 players are not far off the best 5 or 6 at West Croydon or Woody South, but the issue may be their depth. We will find out this Saturday I guess. Farmers need a ruckman and bit more midfield grunt. Also confused on how they use Lynch. Gets plenty of it, but consistently bombing long to areas where the opposition out number you is just dumb.

Ground Hog day over the past many weeks.
Vision & imagination by the Div 6 lads is poor.
No lateral vision, that's why the footy gets booted to bring rain & let 18 opposition players get to the fall of it, turnover & opportunity lost.
Some teams can run the footy from one end of the ground to the other from a kick in & some can't, the gap right now is considerable.
Brahma smashed IF at throw ins & ball ups all day, most taps went no more than a metre from the ruckman in front of him with the on baller streaming through to gather, well organised in that department. Well played.
Yes IF don't have their full quota available, excuse, maybe.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby morell » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:15 am

Guess its time for the monthly standard vs standard conversational roundabout circle jerk is it?
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:25 am

Well D6 might not be the level that many have thought it might be, but I personally think D6R is one of the better standards I've seen across all sides possibly ever.. 8) :D
The Bedge
Coach

Postby morell » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:30 am

The D6R standard is ridiculous this year.

Must be all the exceptional coaches.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League