New Clubs for 2017

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: New Clubs for 2017

Postby carey » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:24 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:Would a division 3 team draw with a division 4 team?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Probably if the scores were level at the final siren.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby marbles » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:30 pm

carey wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:Would a division 3 team draw with a division 4 team?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Probably if the scores were level at the final siren.

Happened today brighton drew with morphie parks today as leather eludes to
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Dutchy » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:21 pm

2 spots in Div 3 available?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby bandar » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:01 am

Dutchy wrote:2 spots in Div 3 available?

Or Div 4?
bandar
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times
Grassroots Team: PHOS Camden

Postby BZB27 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:31 pm

Looks like we will know tomorrow about Morphettville Parks entry. They are meeting tonight to decide.
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Fricky » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:33 pm

Just watched the video on Brighton's Facebook page about the proposed move and they mention that they hope their C grade don't play too many away games. Pretty sure that the C grade play half their games home and half away, like the and A's and B's do, even if there are triple headers. Not sure where they've gotten the idea that their C grade will mainly play home games.
"We'll need more volunteers for our C grade when they play away, which we hope is not often" said at the 9 min 14 sec mark.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby heater31 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:56 pm

Suri wrote:Just watched the video on Brighton's Facebook page about the proposed move and they mention that they hope their C grade don't play too many away games. Pretty sure that the C grade play half their games home and half away, like the and A's and B's do, even if there are triple headers. Not sure where they've gotten the idea that their C grade will mainly play home games.
"We'll need more volunteers for our C grade when they play away, which we hope is not often" said at the 9 min 14 sec mark.

An away game at 2.15pm would see the need for increase in volunteers if the A grade are at home. Needs a bit of clarification that one
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Down the Hill » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:06 pm

Guys I think you will find that our President was trying to say the amount of times our C grade play "Away" from our A & B grade whether the A & B grade play home or away, not in the context of playing away games which of course we understand is 50/50. We have noted that Plympton C grade this year will play 17 out of 18 as triple headers with all their home games as triple headers with their own A & B grade and all but one away game as a triple header but unaligned with the A & B grade due to major difference of clubs in Div 3 and C4. The SAAFL has indicated that as always they will review the C division structure to try and better align clubs between the A divisions and C divisions where possible. We understand that a couple less C & D teams in Div 7 could make this easier to achieve.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Fricky » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:41 pm

Down the Hill wrote:Guys I think you will find that our President was trying to say the amount of times our C grade play "Away" from our A & B grade whether the A & B grade play home or away, not in the context of playing away games which of course we understand is 50/50. We have noted that Plympton C grade this year will play 17 out of 18 as triple headers with all their home games as triple headers with their own A & B grade and all but one away game as a triple header but unaligned with the A & B grade due to major difference of clubs in Div 3 and C4. The SAAFL has indicated that as always they will review the C division structure to try and better align clubs between the A divisions and C divisions where possible. We understand that a couple less C & D teams in Div 7 could make this easier to achieve.

Sounds better. Didn't come across that way for me, cheers for clearing that up.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby Demon Juke » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:08 pm

Down the Hill wrote:Guys I think you will find that our President was trying to say the amount of times our C grade play "Away" from our A & B grade whether the A & B grade play home or away, not in the context of playing away games which of course we understand is 50/50. We have noted that Plympton C grade this year will play 17 out of 18 as triple headers with all their home games as triple headers with their own A & B grade and all but one away game as a triple header but unaligned with the A & B grade due to major difference of clubs in Div 3 and C4. The SAAFL has indicated that as always they will review the C division structure to try and better align clubs between the A divisions and C divisions where possible. We understand that a couple less C & D teams in Div 7 could make this easier to achieve.

If you are so strong, C grade should be c2 or c3.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Bluedemon » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:44 pm

BZB27 wrote:Looks like we will know tomorrow about Morphettville Parks entry. They are meeting tonight to decide.

Any news on what happened?
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby BZB27 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:15 am

Bluedemon wrote:
BZB27 wrote:Looks like we will know tomorrow about Morphettville Parks entry. They are meeting tonight to decide.

Any news on what happened?

Nothing on their facebook page.
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Down the Hill » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:40 am

Demon Juke wrote:

Who said anything about our C grade being in C4. Was just using a Div 3 club that is fairly close to Brighton as an example regardless of what grade their C grade is in. Was told today that many C3 teams have a D grade in C5 which is all part of the fixturing strategy so who knows where our C grade will play. If the vote to move to the SAAFL is a YES we will just be hoping, probably no different to most clubs, that our C grade plays in a div with a decent amount of clubs in close proximity or a decent amount of clubs that are also Div 3 or a combination of both.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Postby S Demon » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:05 am

Down the Hill wrote:
Demon Juke wrote:

Who said anything about our C grade being in C4. Was just using a Div 3 club that is fairly close to Brighton as an example regardless of what grade their C grade is in. Was told today that many C3 teams have a D grade in C5 which is all part of the fixturing strategy so who knows where our C grade will play. If the vote to move to the SAAFL is a YES we will just be hoping, probably no different to most clubs, that our C grade plays in a div with a decent amount of clubs in close proximity or a decent amount of clubs that are also Div 3 or a combination of both.

Gepps Cross
Walkerville
Eastern Park
Golden Grove
Athelstone
Ingle Farm
Brahma Lodge
Salisbury
Brighton
Trinity
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Dutchy » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:12 am

S Demon wrote:
Gepps Cross
Walkerville
Eastern Park
Golden Grove
Athelstone
Ingle Farm
Brahma Lodge
Salisbury
Brighton
Trinity

Walkerville will be the local derby! :lol:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Cheese Twisties » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:40 am

DTH this is what surprises me most about Brighton’s keenness to move – the Brighton faithful seem to hate leaving the tanning salons and latte friendly confines of 5048! A few weeks back we played Brighton at Morphett Vale (20 minutes south of 5048) in a game that was 2 vs 3 and without exaggerating, there would have had 10-15 Bombers supporters there, and I don’t recall any of your B grade sticking around. Same with C grade over the years, where Brighton are often undefeated at home, but nearly forfeit away games! I’m a little surprised that you are keen to join a comp that will have you frequently heading north of the city…??
Gaelic Football - Funny name, SERIOUS GAME!
http://www.gaelicfootballsa.com.au/
Cheese Twisties
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby watchdog » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:58 am

Cheese Twisties wrote:DTH this is what surprises me most about Brighton’s keenness to move – the Brighton faithful seem to hate leaving the tanning salons and latte friendly confines of 5048! A few weeks back we played Brighton at Morphett Vale (20 minutes south of 5048) in a game that was 2 vs 3 and without exaggerating, there would have had 10-15 Bombers supporters there, and I don’t recall any of your B grade sticking around. Same with C grade over the years, where Brighton are often undefeated at home, but nearly forfeit away games! I’m a little surprised that you are keen to join a comp that will have you frequently heading north of the city…??

Twisties if you got your UBD street directory out you would see Div 3 next year could include: Flinders Park, Mitcham, Seaton, Plympton, Smosh (West Lakes), Westminster, Edwardstown. These teams are hardly north of the city
watchdog
Under 18s

Been liked: 11 times

Postby Down the Hill » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:47 am

Cheese Twisties wrote:DTH this is what surprises me most about Brighton’s keenness to move – the Brighton faithful seem to hate leaving the tanning salons and latte friendly confines of 5048! A few weeks back we played Brighton at Morphett Vale (20 minutes south of 5048) in a game that was 2 vs 3 and without exaggerating, there would have had 10-15 Bombers supporters there, and I don’t recall any of your B grade sticking around. Same with C grade over the years, where Brighton are often undefeated at home, but nearly forfeit away games! I’m a little surprised that you are keen to join a comp that will have you frequently heading north of the city…??

Top of the ladder and you've come out of hiding CT. I was at the MV game and we had a reasonable crew that gathered South of the MV coaches box. If you were prepared to get your Ugg boots dirty you may have come around and noticed or maybe you didn't want the new tattoo to get exposed to the sun until it had set properly.

It was your home game and once upon a time you had to squeeze your way through the crowd under the verandah but my last few trips to the Emu have seen a big drop off from the home crowd. And you find me any C grade (when it's your lowest team) in any comp who doesn't have some challenges with numbers particularly on some Away games - but to say we have been close to forfeiting some games is a stupid statement because our C grade over the last decade has also won the majority of its away games and only occasionally without a full 3 man bench. Coming from someone whose club is not even fielding a C grade this year and couldn't field a full U18 team last year is a bit rich.

And some people in the SFL need to get out of their own post code once in a while and have a closer look at the SAAFL and suburban Adelaide before you sprout off about it being a Northern league. In an 18 game season with 9 away games - 2 or 3 longish trips (no further than Old Noarlunga and Aldinga from Brighton - albeit slower travel time) is hardly frequently.

Take a look at the top 4 Divisions and take out Para Hills in Div 4 who ended up pulling out and will be back in Div 6 or Div 7 next year if they are able to re-group. A pretty even spread of North, East, West, South and CBD clubs in each grade. And Henley, Seaton, SMOSH, Portland etc. are not as far as you may think with Brighton Rd and TH Rd a nice direct route to those parts. S Demon was being mischievous with his "potential C grade" because the C grade comps are formed with some consideration given to geography and alignment of clubs in the A divisions.

DIVISION 1 & 1R Adelaide University Goodwood Saints Henley Payneham NU Port District Prince Alfred OC Rostrevor OC Salisbury North Tea Tree Gully Unley Mercedes Jets
DIVISION 2 & 2R Broadview Gaza Modbury Old Ignatians PHOS Camden Portland Sacred Heart OC Scotch OC SMOSH West Lakes St Peter’s OC
DIVISION 3 & 3R Athelstone Flinders Park Gepps Cross Golden Grove Kilburn Mitcham Pembroke OS Plympton Seaton Ramblers Walkerville
DIVISION 4 & 4R Colonel Light Gdns Eastern Park Edwardstown Hope Valley Kenilworth North Haven Para Hills Pooraka Salisbury Westminster OS
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Postby adr107 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:11 pm

Down the Hill wrote:

Top of the ladder and you've come out of hiding CT. I was at the MV game and we had a reasonable crew that gathered South of the MV coaches box. If you were prepared to get your Ugg boots dirty you may have come around and noticed or maybe you didn't want the new tattoo to get exposed to the sun until it had set properly.

It was your home game and once upon a time you had to squeeze your way through the crowd under the verandah but my last few trips to the Emu have seen a big drop off from the home crowd. And you find me any C grade (when it's your lowest team) in any comp who doesn't have some challenges with numbers particularly on some Away games - but to say we have been close to forfeiting some games is a stupid statement because our C grade over the last decade has also won the majority of its away games and only occasionally without a full 3 man bench. Coming from someone whose club is not even fielding a C grade this year and couldn't field a full U18 team last year is a bit rich.

And some people in the SFL need to get out of their own post code once in a while and have a closer look at the SAAFL and suburban Adelaide before you sprout off about it being a Northern league. In an 18 game season with 9 away games - 2 or 3 longish trips (no further than Old Noarlunga and Aldinga from Brighton - albeit slower travel time) is hardly frequently.

Take a look at the top 4 Divisions and take out Para Hills in Div 4 who ended up pulling out and will be back in Div 6 or Div 7 next year if they are able to re-group. A pretty even spread of North, East, West, South and CBD clubs in each grade. And Henley, Seaton, SMOSH, Portland etc. are not as far as you may think with Brighton Rd and TH Rd a nice direct route to those parts. S Demon was being mischievous with his "potential C grade" because the C grade comps are formed with some consideration given to geography and alignment of clubs in the A divisions.

DIVISION 1 & 1R Adelaide University Goodwood Saints Henley Payneham NU Port District Prince Alfred OC Rostrevor OC Salisbury North Tea Tree Gully Unley Mercedes Jets
DIVISION 2 & 2R Broadview Gaza Modbury Old Ignatians PHOS Camden Portland Sacred Heart OC Scotch OC SMOSH West Lakes St Peter’s OC
DIVISION 3 & 3R Athelstone Flinders Park Gepps Cross Golden Grove Kilburn Mitcham Pembroke OS Plympton Seaton Ramblers Walkerville
DIVISION 4 & 4R Colonel Light Gdns Eastern Park Edwardstown Hope Valley Kenilworth North Haven Para Hills Pooraka Salisbury Westminster OS

These strange and unfamiliar southies are adding spice. I like it.
adr107
Under 16s

Has liked: 305 times
Been liked: 83 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Cheese Twisties » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:14 pm

adr107 wrote:
Down the Hill wrote:

These strange and unfamiliar southies are adding spice. I like it.

Ha yep DTH dusted off my Safooty password for the first time since our last flag in 2009, but I didn’t mean any offence by my post... besides the tanning salons bit (which I stand by 100%). Also surely you have named your Brighton leaving SFL been campaign as “Brexit”…??

I know little of the SAAFL (or geography north of Anzac Highway) but obviously the relegation and promotion system works a treat. The only draw backs I could think of would be the travel times…

Lets just say the SFL falls over in 2-3 years (clubs jumping ship are usually the beginning of the end) there are a few clubs that could argue they are closer to the GSFL (who I think have already stated “we are full” Trump style) and Hill’s leagues – but most of us logically should be heading to the SAAFL. This would obviously add to the SAAFL travel times greatly.

Would the SAAFL even want us “strange and unfamiliar southies” in their comp? Southies would include powerhouse such as Reynella and Morphett Vale, but also clubs such as Lonsdale and Marion etc who would benefit greatly from being in the upper divisions of the SAAFL.

I saw someone previously propose a Div 1 and Div2, but then dropping back to Div 3 North and Div 3 South and so forth underneath that. Thought it was a great idea!
Gaelic Football - Funny name, SERIOUS GAME!
http://www.gaelicfootballsa.com.au/
Cheese Twisties
Under 18s

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League