New Clubs for 2017

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: New Clubs for 2017

Postby scottroo » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:32 pm

when will you be releasing a statement in this thread heater?
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:32 am

scottroo wrote:when will you be releasing a statement in this thread heater?

Everyone knows, may as well release it :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4001 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:52 am

Zartan wrote:

Everyone knows, may as well release it [emoji38]

Are you talking about Para Hills returning via Div 5 and the knock on effect for relegation/promotion?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby mighty hounds » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:54 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Zartan wrote:

Everyone knows, may as well release it [emoji38]

Are you talking about Para Hills returning via Div 5 and the knock on effect for relegation/promotion?

Someone just stated about Pulteney approaching Glenunga for a potential merger.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Nichdanmatt » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:58 am

makes sense,glenunga & pulteney merger,glenunga have been struggling for depth for years,have brand new clubrooms,pulteney have no clubromms & their B grade are top.
Nichdanmatt
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: West Croydon

Postby Nichdanmatt » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:59 am

very similar to the unley/Mercedes merger 5 years ago,look how that has worked out,div4 to div 1.
Nichdanmatt
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: West Croydon

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:12 am

Nichdanmatt wrote:very similar to the unley/Mercedes merger 5 years ago,look how that has worked out,div4 to div 1.

Not really, that was only a name change
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby Down the Hill » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:12 am

Nichdanmatt wrote:very similar to the unley/Mercedes merger 5 years ago,look how that has worked out,div4 to div 1.

It needs 2 separate clubs to come together before it can be called a merger. My understanding is that Unley had plenty of Mercedes lads in their juniors and wanted to establish even stronger ties with the school and old scholars network. I'm pretty sure there wasn't a Mercedes OS football club.

I think this has also assisted Unley with player points and the quirky old scholar rules that also apply to PAOC, SPOC etc. Mercedes College may not be a high profile football school but I have seen first hand some very good footballers in their school teams over the last 5 years. Last years SA U18 Captain and Vice-Captain (Snelling and Haysman) were both Mercedes lads.

Myponga FC did something similar by incorporating Sellicks into their name which was seen as a ploy to encourage potential players from the Sellicks area to play for Myponga rather than Aldinga.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby heater31 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:15 am

Down the Hill wrote:

It needs 2 separate clubs to come together before it can be called a merger. My understanding is that Unley had plenty of Mercedes lads in their juniors and wanted to establish even stronger ties with the school and old scholars network. I'm pretty sure there wasn't a Mercedes OS football club.

I think this has also assisted Unley with player points and the quirky old scholar rules that also apply to PAOC, SPOC etc. Mercedes College may not be a high profile football school but I have seen first hand some very good footballers in their school teams over the last 5 years. Last years SA U18 Captain and Vice-Captain (Snelling and Haysman) were both Mercedes lads.

Myponga FC did something similar by incorporating Sellicks into their name which was seen as a ploy to encourage potential players from the Sellicks area to play for Myponga rather than Aldinga.

Don't know if they formed a club or not but there was a push for a Mercedes OC for about 18 months leading up to the Jets announcment......
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:42 am

Down the Hill wrote:

A bit like when Hindmarsh CYMS became SMOSH.

Will Brighton be able to claim any old scholars of Brighton High as zero pointers if they are not Brighton juniors?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:31 am

Does Brighton High School have a boys football team that competes weekly?
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby laser » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:42 am

No.
laser
Under 16s

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 45 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:06 pm

That answers the question then from LGIL
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:58 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:That answers the question then from LGIL

They won the Open Knockout Football last year, or is the rule exclusive to private schools only?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby heater31 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:01 pm

They won the Open Knockout Football last year, or is the rule exclusive to private schools only?

Would Brighton High Students play enough games to qualify under the rule? If they only play the Knockout competition I find this very doubtful. Remember the hullabaloo between Brighton High and Glenelg over Bryce Gibbs and 1 other player?
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Pag » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:43 pm

heater31 wrote:

Would Brighton High Students play enough games to qualify under the rule? If they only play the Knockout competition I find this very doubtful. Remember the hullabaloo between Brighton High and Glenelg over Bryce Gibbs and 1 other player?

Almost every school in the state plays open knockout? We'll take all Salisbury High kids as 0 pointers now too.

Either you have juniors at your club, or from your associated school, but not both IMO. (SMOSH seem to be the anomaly)
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:24 pm

Considering school knockout games are 2 15-20 minute halves before it comes down to the last 16 schools I'd highly doubt that would count.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby jo172 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:49 pm

Pag wrote:
heater31 wrote:

Almost every school in the state plays open knockout? We'll take all Salisbury High kids as 0 pointers now too.

Either you have juniors at your club, or from your associated school, but not both IMO. (SMOSH seem to be the anomaly)

And SHOC and Unley-Mercedes (a rather odd anomaly in my view)
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Bluedemon » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:44 pm

Down the Hill wrote:

Snelling is an old Goodwood Saints junior
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:17 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Considering school knockout games are 2 15-20 minute halves before it comes down to the last 16 schools I'd highly doubt that would count.

The last 16 are full games though are they not?
Making the final would mean 4 games, do that for 5 years between 13yo & 18yo and there is the 20 games needed without even suiting up for the club.

Or does the rule not count for the state school riff raff?

6.3 “Junior Football” means a competition in which players must be over the age of 12 years and under the age of 18 years on a prescribed date in the calendar year in which that competition is conducted and includes the Sports Association for Adelaide Schools (SAAS) secondary school football competition

It includes the SAAS competition, but it does not say it is exclusive to that competition.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League