New Clubs for 2017

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: New Clubs for 2017

Postby Down the Hill » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:58 pm

Bluedemon wrote:
Down the Hill wrote:
Nichdanmatt wrote:very similar to the unley/Mercedes merger 5 years ago,look how that has worked out,div4 to div 1.

It needs 2 separate clubs to come together before it can be called a merger. My understanding is that Unley had plenty of Mercedes lads in their juniors and wanted to establish even stronger ties with the school and old scholars network. I'm pretty sure there wasn't a Mercedes OS football club.

I think this has also assisted Unley with player points and the quirky old scholar rules that also apply to PAOC, SPOC etc. Mercedes College may not be a high profile football school but I have seen first hand some very good footballers in their school teams over the last 5 years. Last years SA U18 Captain and Vice-Captain (Snelling and Haysman) were both Mercedes lads.

Myponga FC did something similar by incorporating Sellicks into their name which was seen as a ploy to encourage potential players from the Sellicks area to play for Myponga rather than Aldinga.

Snelling is an old Goodwood Saints junior

Yes but he went to Mercedes College and my point was about the football talent that has attended MC in recent times. If he wasn't an AFL rookie or not quite good enough to play SANFL then Unley/Mercedes could now be his club of choice rather than Goowood no different to all the juniors Walkerville lose to PAOC and SPOC because of school ties.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:03 pm

Down the Hill wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:
Down the Hill wrote:
Nichdanmatt wrote:very similar to the unley/Mercedes merger 5 years ago,look how that has worked out,div4 to div 1.

It needs 2 separate clubs to come together before it can be called a merger. My understanding is that Unley had plenty of Mercedes lads in their juniors and wanted to establish even stronger ties with the school and old scholars network. I'm pretty sure there wasn't a Mercedes OS football club.

I think this has also assisted Unley with player points and the quirky old scholar rules that also apply to PAOC, SPOC etc. Mercedes College may not be a high profile football school but I have seen first hand some very good footballers in their school teams over the last 5 years. Last years SA U18 Captain and Vice-Captain (Snelling and Haysman) were both Mercedes lads.

Myponga FC did something similar by incorporating Sellicks into their name which was seen as a ploy to encourage potential players from the Sellicks area to play for Myponga rather than Aldinga.

Snelling is an old Goodwood Saints junior

Yes but he went to Mercedes College and my point was about the football talent that has attended MC in recent times. If he wasn't an AFL rookie or not quite good enough to play SANFL then Unley/Mercedes could now be his club of choice rather than Goowood no different to all the juniors Walkerville lose to PAOC and SPOC because of school ties.

How many juniors do Brighton lose to SHOCs in a similar vein?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Yank Man » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:55 pm

Nichdanmatt wrote:makes sense,glenunga & pulteney merger,glenunga have been struggling for depth for years,have brand new clubrooms,pulteney have no clubromms & their B grade are top.

Sounds like a great idea. GPOS. With all those zero point old scholars to filter in. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Bluedemon » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:49 pm

Yank Man wrote:
Nichdanmatt wrote:makes sense,glenunga & pulteney merger,glenunga have been struggling for depth for years,have brand new clubrooms,pulteney have no clubromms & their B grade are top.

Sounds like a great idea. GPOS. With all those zero point old scholars to filter in. :D

And Glenunga have all junior grades up to 16s.
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:32 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Considering school knockout games are 2 15-20 minute halves before it comes down to the last 16 schools I'd highly doubt that would count.

The last 16 are full games though are they not?
Making the final would mean 4 games, do that for 5 years between 13yo & 18yo and there is the 20 games needed without even suiting up for the club.

Or does the rule not count for the state school riff raff?

6.3 “Junior Football” means a competition in which players must be over the age of 12 years and under the age of 18 years on a prescribed date in the calendar year in which that competition is conducted and includes the Sports Association for Adelaide Schools (SAAS) secondary school football competition

It includes the SAAS competition, but it does not say it is exclusive to that competition.

At the moment, the SAAFL do not include Knockout Cup matches
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby jo172 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:11 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Considering school knockout games are 2 15-20 minute halves before it comes down to the last 16 schools I'd highly doubt that would count.

The last 16 are full games though are they not?
Making the final would mean 4 games, do that for 5 years between 13yo & 18yo and there is the 20 games needed without even suiting up for the club.

Or does the rule not count for the state school riff raff?

6.3 “Junior Football” means a competition in which players must be over the age of 12 years and under the age of 18 years on a prescribed date in the calendar year in which that competition is conducted and includes the Sports Association for Adelaide Schools (SAAS) secondary school football competition

It includes the SAAS competition, but it does not say it is exclusive to that competition.

At the moment, the SAAFL do not include Knockout Cup matches

Are the early rounds still lightning carnival type format? Where's the line?
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:16 pm

Seriously mate how many schools will make the knockout final 5 years straight. Fair chance if your side was that good then SANFL clubs would be balls deep in the talent and good luck getting them to play in a shitty school knockout comp.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times

Postby watchdog » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:21 pm

Bluedemon wrote:
Yank Man wrote:

And Glenunga have all junior grades up to 16s.

The oldest age group they have is u/14's.
watchdog
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 11 times

Postby jo172 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:22 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Seriously mate how many schools will make the knockout final 5 years straight. Fair chance if your side was that good then SANFL clubs would be balls deep in the talent and good luck getting them to play in a shitty school knockout comp.

If one were to get a scholarship just for year 11 and 12 though 1-2 KO games could be all the difference!

I'm told it's all the subject of a CFL review of sorts?
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:43 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Seriously mate how many schools will make the knockout final 5 years straight. Fair chance if your side was that good then SANFL clubs would be balls deep in the talent and good luck getting them to play in a shitty school knockout comp.

Henley High has the last 14 years i believe

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby jo172 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:47 pm

Henley High has the last 14 years i believe

I dare say SHC would have had a similar 15 years. PAC has been a powerhouse for the last 7-8
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:48 pm

And all those blokes played year 8-12 every year, every game?
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Been liked: 738 times

Postby marbles » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:06 am

Yank Man wrote:

Pultenunga Football Club
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:51 am

Para Hills and Mawson Lakes will more then likely merge next year

mawson lakes have next to no cash and para hills will not meet the required amount of players before the dead line
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Been liked: 155 times

Postby mighty hounds » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:05 am

Robb_Stark wrote:Para Hills and Mawson Lakes will more then likely merge next year

mawson lakes have next to no cash and para hills will not meet the required amount of players before the dead line

Para Lakes or Mawson Hills :lol:
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:05 am

Robb_Stark wrote:Para Hills and Mawson Lakes will more then likely merge next year

That's a very big call mate..
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:09 am

Maybe Mawson Lakes should merge with St Paul's

Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby The Informer » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:15 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:Maybe Mawson Lakes should merge with St Paul's

Mawson lakes did approach St Paul's about merging when it was announced that St Paul's were starting up a new team.

Mawson lakes were told thanks but no thanks by St Pauls.

Robb Stark Para Hills will have the numbers quite easily.
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Robb_Stark » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:15 am

The_Informer wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:Maybe Mawson Lakes should merge with St Paul's

Mawson lakes did approach St Paul's about merging when it was announced that St Paul's were starting up a new team.

Mawson lakes were told thanks but no thanks by St Pauls.

Robb Stark Para Hills will have the numbers quite easily.

im hearing different lot of the players and even members who have moved on are enjoying.......and the 3-4 sub committees will only create more problems seems rifts in para hills big time
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Been liked: 155 times

Postby marbles » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:09 am

mighty hounds wrote:

Para Lakes or Mawson Hills :lol:

Parawson Lakes & Hills Football Club
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League